• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hi-Def Media Lovefest: The war is over and we can all go home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raistlin

Petrarca said:
So do I get everyone in 100-club preference correct?

Ignatz Mouse 423 ----------Red-Team
DarkJediKnight 393 ---------Blu-Team
VanMardigan 372 -------------Red-Team
djkimothy 330 -----------Red-Team
Onix 291 --------------Red-Team
Petrarca 288 -----------Red-Team
ManaByte 287 --------------Red-Team
jjasper 266 -----------------Red-Team
captive 251 ---------------Red-Team
StoOgE 245 -----------------Red-Team
The Main Event 205 --------------Red-Team
Crayon Shinchan 170 -------------Red-Team
distantmantra 152 -----------------Red-Team
Suikoguy 149 ------------------Red-Team
Chemo 129 ------------------Red-Team
thaivo 127 --------------------Red-Team
Oni Jazar 120 -------------Red-Team
mrklaw 104 -----------------Red-Team

Fixed

for this week lolz

jjasper

Yes the weekend is almost here and I have nothing to do for 3 nights so after work today I am going to stop buy the Best Buy on the way and pick up 300 and Hot Fuzz. I was originally planning on getting Shaun but I still have a pretty big backlog from when I went on my spree back in June so I think I am going to wait and get it when I have cought up.

Going to be a good weekend.

Edit: I think my decision has been made between the Blu Ray or HD DVD 300. I will most definately be picking up the HD DVD:lol

Reave

Petrarca said:
So do I get everyone in 100-club preference correct?

Ignatz Mouse 423 ----------Blu-Team
DarkJediKnight 393 ---------Blu-Team
VanMardigan 372 -------------BANNED :lol (is he still banned?)
djkimothy 330 -----------Blu-Team
Onix 291 --------------Blu-Team
Petrarca 288 -----------Blu-Team
ManaByte 287 --------------Red-Team
jjasper 266 -----------------Blu-Team
captive 251 ---------------Blu-Team
StoOgE 245 -----------------Red-Team
The Main Event 205 --------------Red-Team
Crayon Shinchan 170 -------------Blu-Team
distantmantra 152 -----------------???
Suikoguy 149 ------------------Blu-Team
Chemo 129 ------------------Blu-Team
thaivo 127 --------------------Red-Team
Oni Jazar 120 -------------Blu-Team
mrklaw 104 -----------------Blu-Team

Count me for the Blu-Team. :D

Petrarca

Banned
Reznor said:
Count me for the Blu-Team. :D

Teh blu-team (the good guys) demands its member unquestionable loyalty and dedication to defend blu from any threat and attack from the red-team (the bad guys). This thread is our battle ground

Chemo

Onix said:
Remember ... HD DVD doesn't have to actually win next week ... just has to have the higher 300 sales ;)
I couldn't contribute to DJK's astronomical video tab in good conscience, though. XD I respectfully decline!

(I think Blu is gonna win anyway. :lol )

Crayon Shinchan

Aquafina Fanboy
yacobod said:
what about the purple team (guys who own both)? :D

although i think blu is gonna win

It's blu versus everybody else. Those of us that want a single HD format united under the HD front runner, versus DVD/download/format war fanboys.

SUPREME1

Banned
yacobod said:
what about the purple team (guys who own both)? :D

although i think blu is gonna win

*raises hand*

Though I root for RED all day!

Blu ain't going nowhere (double neg) so I would like for HD DVD took keep them honest and keep them putting out quality material and not get lazy and greedy.

War.. err, competition = Good for the consumer.

karasu

Spider3Big3Large.jpg

w00!!

Forsete

MMm.. Some nice boxes coming out for Blu-Ray

Spiderman 3
Blade Runner - 4 different versions of the film? JEBUS
Close Encounters of the Third Kind - 3 versions?

And I just got Planet Earth.. Watched the first disc today. Mother Earth, you are amazing. <3

thaivo said:
If 300 HDVD outsells BD could I have this trilogy instead?

12279.jpg

:D

Fantastic movie! Just saw it this afternoon. But no, Spiderman trilogy only. And don't hold your breath: my super duper insider at Best Buy tells me They're selling the Blu-ray 300 4:1. Of course it won't be 4:1 next week, but you can guess I'm pretty damn confident. :D

Petrarca

Banned
DarkJediKnight said:
Fantastic movie! Just saw it this afternoon. But no, Spiderman trilogy only. And don't hold your breath: my super duper insider at Best Buy tells me They're selling the Blu-ray 300 4:1. Of course it won't be 4:1 next week, but you can guess I'm pretty damn confident. :D

icon_surprised.gif

everyone got their own insiders, I have one too!

thaivo

DarkJediKnight said:

Oh well.... Dare to dream.

Yeah.. even I, as a die hard HD-DVD supporter, don't think there's much of a chance. What I'm most interested in seeing is the ratio between the two formats. Even if it is is 65:35, I would say HD-DVD did pretty well for itself.

I'm actually debating whether we'll go see Ultimatim in theaters. I have finals in two weeks, and have been watching films at home more an more. Perhaps after finals.

Petrarca

Banned
here's the full details about Spiderman 3 & Spiderman Trilogy set

Spider-Man 3 in Blu x 2 on Oct. 30
Comments: 3

It looks like Spidey will beat Capt. Jack Sparrow to the claim of first major trilogy released in hi-def Blu-ray when Sony Picture Home Entertainment releases all three "Spider-Man" movies on Oct. 30.

Disney's third Pirates movie hits stores in Blu-ray on Dec. 4.
"Spider-Man 3," the year's top-grossing movie ($336 mil. in U.S. according to boxofficemojo.com) will feature six hours of bonus features in a two-disc set ($49.95) and also be available as part of a four-disc "Spider-Man High-Definition Trilogy" pack (SRP, $98.95). The other two discs in the 4-platter set feature "Spider-Man" on one disc (film only) and a second disc with "Spider-Man 2" and "Spider-Man 2.1."

The two-disc special edition features more than 6 hours of bonus features including making-of documentaries, multiple audio commentaries, bloopers, and a music video (detailed below), all of which are also available on the two-disc DVD version for $13 less at $36.95.

So, that means there are no bonus features unique to the Blu-ray version or that utilize the technology that make Blu-ray distinctive from DVD, which is a little disappointing.
But hey, for now, there will be enough eye-candy to cover me for weeks with about 7 hours of all three "Spider-Man" movies to relish in in hi-def, and six hours of new bonus features. Sometimes I think we need to take a breath once in awhile and not unrealistically expect and demand every single movie and every single element of every movie to be instantly available to us in every possible top-grade format and codec the instant that we want it.

But yikes, that $13 is a pretty significant difference in pricing (it's a whopping $21 more than the single disc "Spider-Man 3" on DVD and PSP).

In any case, here are the fun details about the bonus features directly from the media release:

Spider-Man™ 3 Two-Disc Special Edition DVD, Two-Disc Blu-ray™ High-Def
Disc One Special Features:

• Digitally Mastered Audio and Video
• Audio: English Dolby True HD 5.1, English PCM 5.1 (Uncompressed), French, Spanish, Portuguese, Thai 5.1 (Dolby Digital)
• Subtitles: English, English SDH, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Korean, Thai, Chinese Mandarin, Chinese Cantonese
• Bloopers
• Photo Galleries
• Snow Patrol Music Video
• Audio Commentary with Director Sam Raimi and Cast Members Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst, James Franco, Thomas Haden Church, Topher Grace, and Bryce Dallas Howard
• Audio Commentary with Producers Laura Ziskin, Avi Arad and Grant Curtis, Editor Bob Murawski and Special Effects Supervisor Scott Stokdyk
• Closed Captioned
• Bonus Previews

Disc Two Special Features:

• Digitally Mastered Audio and Video
• Audio: English, Spanish 5.1 (Dolby Digital). English, Spanish (Dolby Surround)
• Subtitles: English, Spanish
• Featurette: Grains of Sand - Building Sandman
• Featurette: Re-Imagining the Goblin
• Featurette: Covered in Black – Creating Venom
• Featurette: Hanging On…Gwen Stacy and the Collapsing Floor
• Featurette: Fighting, Flying & Driving – The Stunts
• Featurette: Tangled Web: The Love Triangles of Spider-Man 3
• Featurette: Wall Of Water
• Featurette: On Location Cleveland – The Chase on Euclid Avenue
• Featurette: On Location New York –From Rooftops to Backstreets
• Featurette: The Science of Sound
• Featurette: Inside The Editing Room
• Theatrical TV Spots From Around the World
• Closed Captioned

Spider-Man™ 3 Blu-ray™ High-Def 2-Disc
BD Catalog # 15932
UPC Code: 0-43396-15932-7
Order Date: 9/27/07
SLP: $49.95

Spider-Man™ Blu-ray™ High-Def 3-Pack
BD Catalog # 22633
UPC Code: 0-43396-22633-3
Order Date: 9/27/07
SLP: $98.95

M3wThr33

Banned
Amazing how everyone is happy for Spider-Man given the hate that Spider-Man 3 got.
Wow.

I liked Spider-Man 1 and 3. Is there a movie pack that can leave out 2?

thaivo

HomerSimpson-Man said:
$50 for Spider-man 3 Blu-ray? WTF?!

That's MSRP, it's always much less at the stores. I think most HD-DVD's are $29.99 MSRP, but are sold for $19.99 at Fry's.

Maybe they'll have a single BD in conjuction with the 2-disc set that will be less. $50 for a movie is rather disconcerting... Although I paid $40 for Heavenly Creatures on laserdisc many moons ago. It was definitely worth it at the time.

thaivo said:
That's MSRP, but maybe they'll have a single BD in conjuction with the 2-disc set. $50 for a movie is rather disconcerting... Although I paid $40 for Heavenly Creatures on laserdisc many moons ago. It was definitely worth it at the time.

That's still ridiculous for MSRP! Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Man's Chest Blu-ray MSRP was like $34.99 for 2 discs!

You can kiss my fat ass Sony!

thaivo

HomerSimpson-Man said:
That's still ridiculous for MSRP! Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Man's Chest Blu-ray MSRP was like $34.99 for 2 discs!

You can kiss my fat ass Sony!

LOL, I didn't know that POC had such a low MSRP. That's quite a deal. I wouldn't buy it though, as the second POC movie bored me to tears.. AND I don't have BD..

Wait... is that for just the second movie? I thought you meant both the original and second film. That deal sucks then. :lol

Blader5489 said:
It's not being released separately, so trilogy or bust.

I think?

Well, the idea of buying the trilogy pack for the first two and then having a reason to throw the Spider-man 3 disc into a woodchipper doesn't sound too bad to be quite frank.

Blader

brandonh83 said:
Well, the idea of buying the trilogy pack for the first two and then having a reason to throw the Spider-man 3 disc into a woodchipper doesn't sound too bad to be quite frank.

That's a shame. That massive commentary makes Spider-Man 3, regardless of what disc it's on, well worth it.

Blader5489 said:
That's a shame. That massive commentary makes Spider-Man 3, regardless of what disc it's on, well worth it.

Maybe if they spent the entire time apologizing for the film.

Alas, I'm not trying to turn this into a Spider-man 3 debate, so by all means let's move along.

M3wThr33 said:
Amazing how everyone is happy for Spider-Man given the hate that Spider-Man 3 got.
Wow.

I liked Spider-Man 1 and 3. Is there a movie pack that can leave out 2?

I personally can't stand any of the three spiderman movies, but I do know that they did mad box office which will translate into I would say rather impressive bluray sales which is good for the format.
Hence this is a very good thing

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
Crayon Shinchan said:
It's blu versus everybody else. Those of us that want a single HD format united under the HD front runner, versus DVD/download/format war fanboys.

You somehow overlooked HD-DVD fans in your little assessment of things. Unless of course, you were trying to stealth troll?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
DarkJediKnight said:
quick, someone start a 'buy hd-DVD' thread on AVS forum- they love that shit :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom