• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hi-Def Media Lovefest: The war is over and we can all go home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjasper

People on AVS are saying they are seeing it at Best Buys. Who knows maybe they sent it out with the BD and DVD but with a 2/19 street date and some places are breaking the street date?

ManaByte

Gold Member
original.jpeg

dallow_bg

nods at old men
ManaByte said:
Wasn't the HD-DVD version of Invasion supposed to be delayed 3 weeks? I saw it at BB today.
They accidently shipped some early.
My friend got his in the mail direct from Warner.

Also, that GATTICA cover looks AWESOME.
Can't wait for that!

dallow_bg said:
They accidently shipped some early.
My friend got his in the mail direct from Warner.

Also, that GATTICA cover looks AWESOME.
Can't wait for that!

It would be awesome, if they'd only 'shop in a sillouette of Hawke running with a briefcase full of DNA and some of it fluttering out.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Nice upgrade details:
Though initial details indicated a direct port of the previously released standard-def DVD version, new just-issued specs see Sony redubbing the Blu-ray as a full-fledged special edition, with several never-before-seen bonus features.

Shared between the Blu-ray release (and a concurrent special edition DVD re-issue) will be the new retrospective documentary "Do You Alter?" and making-of featurette "Welcome to Gattaca,' both presented in full 1080 HD video on the Blu-ray.

Ported over from the previous standard-def DVD release are the original 1997 making-of featurette, the "Substance Test" outtake and four deleted scenes.

Updated tech specs include 1080p/AVC MPEG-4 video, and in place of the previously-announced PCM audio, DolbyTrueHD 5.1 Surround tracks in English, French and Portuguese and a Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround track in Spanish. (Subtitle options are also offered in English, English SDH, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Korean and Thai.)

www.highdefdigest.com

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
djkimothy said:
So true...

What the hell? So where were you when Snah was talking about Xbox sales in Japan and Europe? What does that make you?

Even when I'm off all day I get called out. Geez. :(

And yeah, slaughter should have used another example rather than Ps3 vs. Xbox. The two situations aren't very comparable. It came off as a stealth console war troll, even if I saw the point he was trying to make.

djkimothy

VanMardigan said:
What the hell? So where were you when Snah was talking about Xbox sales in Japan and Europe? What does that make you?

Even when I'm off all day I get called out. Geez. :(

And yeah, slaughter should have used another example rather than Ps3 vs. Xbox. The two situations aren't very comparable. It came off as a stealth console war troll, even if I saw the point he was trying to make.

Touchy, I'm not the console war police and I don't give a shit. You deal with that shit since we know how it bothers you so much. It's just that what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
djkimothy said:
Touchy, I'm not the console war police and I don't give a shit. You deal with that shit since we know how it bothers you so much. It's just that what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

So why call me out when you don't care? I wasn't even logged in when he posted. It's not like I was posting around him.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
VanMardigan said:
Sony Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale at DeepDiscount

DeepDiscount's shipping can suck at times, but a lot of movies on there.
I will be thinking about getting Paprika, Run Lola Run, and Superbad.

Damn high prices for Superbad and Paprika though.

oatmeal

Banned
Sh0k said:
EB Games/Gamestop is having a Buy 2 Used DVDs and get 2 for FREE that it also applies to Bluray movies. Just bought Superman The Movie, Rambo First Blood, The Fugitive and Terminator 2, all for $32. + tax :D

Fucking Canadian EB has Blu Ray movies for 39.99 each. And they're NEW, but not REALLY NEW, since they're fucking opened and they have that stupid white sticker on them.

Fuck I hate EB.

djkimothy

VanMardigan said:
So why call me out when you don't care? I wasn't even logged in when he posted. It's not like I was posting around him.

Just pointing out the hypocracy.

Fucking Canadian EB has Blu Ray movies for 39.99 each. And they're NEW, but not REALLY NEW, since they're fucking opened and they have that stupid white sticker on them.

Fuck I hate EB.

Why would you buy BR movies at EB?

Snah

Banned
OokieSpookie said:
Warner is going to be making some release announcements next week, should be interesting.

Where did you hear this? I can't wait. Hopefully we hear something about Batman, V, etc.

TimeKillr said:
Controversial ending?

Would that have anything to do with the book's ending rather than this crap remake's ending?

Nah, I wish but no.
Wikipedia if you want to be spoiled, nothing major though but in the right direction sort of.

Snah said:
Where did you hear this? I can't wait. Hopefully we hear something about Batman, V, etc.

Bill Hunt in his insider thread a few days ago on bluray.com forums.

We're expecting to hear at least some big title news for the year ahead from Warner next week. So watch The Bits and Blu-ray.com early next week.

Snah

Banned
OokieSpookie said:
Bill Hunt in his insider thread a few days ago on bluray.com forums.

Sweet. That's awesome news.

I predict Batman will release close to the Dark Knight's theatrical release.

Funimation has a couple more hitting soon it seems.

Dragon Ball Z Movies: Dead Zone/World's Strongest BluRay May 27 2008
Shinobi: Heart Under Blade Movie BluRay (Hyb) Special Edition LiveAction May 13 2008

I HATE DBZ with a passion, but loved Shinobi so I can not wait.

Loudninja

Surround Records goes neutral no longer HD DVD exclusive

Indie distributor Surround Records has announced it will begin rolling out Blu-ray editions of its previously-issued HD DVD titles this Spring.

The previously HD DVD-exclusive label has issued a half a dozen multichannel audio releases since making its high-def debut this past summer with 'Uncommon Bach.' It now says it will expand its high-def disc support to include Blu-ray in addition to HD DVD.

Though multichannel audio releases (sans any significant video material) are fairly common on standard-def DVD, Surround Records is currently the only label actively releasing titles on the two next-gen disc formats.
ADVERTISEMENT

As press time there was no word on which of Surround's titles would be first to hit Blu-ray, nor had an exact timeframe for the Blu-ray releases been set.

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/new...und_Records_Announces_Dual-Format_Format/1411

Raistlin

Nicodimas said:
rumor until it happens people have been talk about this since like march 07

1) 'Rumor until it happens' doesn't exactly apply when a company official has publicly stated its happening. :p

2) Not sure if you've been keeping up with the tech, but the reason it has been talked about for so long is because DTS delayed the decoder implementation. That's why we are just now seeing receivers and players that have DTS-MA decoding. Sony can't just magically invent decoding algorithm from thin air ;)

Nicodimas

Banned
Picked up the Jack Ryan Collection (pre-order) 40 bucks on Hd-dvd

So that ps3 annoucement thing got a link who said it? was it bill hunt :/

Raistlin

Nicodimas said:
So that ps3 annoucement thing got a link who said it? was it bill hunt :/

I believe it was posted in here ... and no, it wasn't Bill Hunt :lol It was someone from Sony, and they directly stated DTS-MA was being worked on, and will be made available.

As for 2.0, I'm not sure it was directly asked, but the 1.1 update was just in the most recent firmware update, so it may take a little bit of time (conventional wisdom is that the BDA has requested Sony to hold off until a player or two is available, so as to not hurt CE's).

Though, if you're looking for info from and insider ... http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showpost.php?p=12734613&postcount=3717

For the record also, according to EngadgetHD ( prepare your salt now ) :
it also appears that the red version will be the one missing features, as the upcoming release of I Am Legend appears to be missing the Creating I Am Legend Documentary and Cautionary Tale: The Science of I Am Legend featurettes

Raistlin

OokieSpookie said:
For the record also, according to EngadgetHD ( prepare your salt now ) :

I saw at another site that this was supposedly debunked, and they will both have the same extras.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom