• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hillary Clinton Selects Tim Kaine As VP

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawk2025

Liberals need to stop fucking whining and stand up for what is morally right against what is morally reprehensible. Don't vote for Hillary if you don't want to but have some spine and stop pretending the options are awww so bad. One candidate doesn't check all of your boxes; the other candidate is basically a fascist racist.

It's flabbergasting.

Some people would rather feel cozy in their feels of "at least I didn't vote for her" in case something goes wrong in the next four years, rather than actively denounce and overwhelmingly reject the deterioration of american institutions.

It's self-centered as hell.

It's flabbergasting.

Some people would rather feel cozy in their feels of "at least I didn't vote for her" in case something goes wrong in the next four years, rather than actively denounce and overwhelmingly reject the deterioration of american institutions.

Not voting for someone you don't like is hardly self-centered, lol.

draetenth

The right pick.

Not the exciting pick, but the right pick.

Then again, the last few "exciting" picks were Edwards, Palin and little fuck.. her I mean Ryan.

That didn't go too well.

^. Honestly, I like the pick. I don't really get the complaints about needing an exciting pick to motivate people to come out to vote Hillary. Have you seen the Republicans, Trump, and the RNC? That alone should be enough to get you out to vote anyway.

Hillary should be getting Warren and Sanders to speak for her and campaign as is so what's the big fucking deal that they aren't VP?

For Pete's sake people, vote for the lesser of two evils if you really think she's that bad. The Democratic platform is pretty beastly right now, and throwing that away because you don't like the faceplate is comically short sighted. There's more to this election than just Hillary or Trump.

siddhu33

I feel like this is how Clinton's Presidency is going to go, "Let's follow the safe route here..."

Which is fine. Not particularly energizing, but fine.

I think people are underestimating how good these picks are for nebulous concepts like "energy"...these are all actually politicians who have shown that they can do the job properly, which is a marked difference to the republican side. Sick burns can be rehearsed later for the debates when they happen.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
It's flabbergasting.

I don't care if people vote for Hillary or not. But Trump is beyond the pale. Let's have some perspective.

A Hillary presidency will not be some dark dystopia even if she fucks up and starts a war in Uzbekistan.

TRUMP IS ACTIVELY CAMPAIGNING ON DEPORTING 11 MILLION PEOPLE

TRUMP THINKS BLACK LIVES MATTER PROMOTES CHAOS AND DISORDER

TRUMP MOCKS THE DISABLED AND HANDICAPPED

~Kinggi~

Banned
I feel like this is how Clinton's Presidency is going to go, "Let's follow the safe route here..."

Which is fine. Not particularly energizing, but fine.

ive never really viewed it as fine when the only two choices you have is either 'shit i need a bugout bag' and 'gee, 4 more years of the continuing decline of most of the country'. We really needed someone to aim high to even get a little, and all we end up with is 'well shit look at that crazy asshole over there lets keep things from going down that crazy road and play it safe'.

Clinton doesnt represent hope or progress or any of that bullshit, she just represents avoiding catastrophe.

Red

Liberals need to stop fucking whining and stand up for what is morally right against what is morally reprehensible. Don't vote for Hillary if you don't want to but have some spine and stop pretending the options are awww so bad. One candidate doesn't check all of your boxes; the other candidate is basically a fascist racist.
If Trump wins in November, will we assume not enough liberals turned out to vote, or that even after their best turnout they could not overcome Trump voters?

Which option is more depressing?

Also I think we can safely omit the "basically" when calling him a fascist. He's not trying to hide it.

Vire

Nice to see you don't care about all the people (Women, racial minorities, LBGT) who would likely get fucked over if the GOP took the Presidency and appointed new justices.

I guess those aren't REAL issues.
Didn't you hear Trumps speech last night, he's all about the LBGT.....q, and Ivanka demanded equal pay for women.

jokes, relax

My point is, the social issues that I agree on are incredibly important - but that isn't the only aspect of a candidate unfortunately. I cannot over look the massive, horrible track record she has when it comes to economic and foreign policy issues that absolutely do not line up with my views. They are too important to me to simply ignore and cast my vote for a person who could potentially very much harm the vision I would like to see this country go in moving forward.

Which is why I will vote liberally when it comes to social and state level laws instead.

I will however continue to watch the political debates and make my final decision once the election rolls around.

Lol what a boring pick. Typical Hillary

sounds boring

just as boring as Hillary I guess

what a fucking bummer

well isnt that boring

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

ok

And my favorite:

Well, that's that. I'm voting Trump.

Meanwhile:

YkZOF9T.png

d4etYoo.png

UFosFtx.gif

Works for me.

hawk2025

I don't care if people vote for Hillary or not. But Trump is beyond the pale. Let's have some perspective.

A Hillary presidency will not be some dark dystopia even if she fucks up and starts a war in Uzbekistan.

TRUMP IS ACTIVELY CAMPAIGNING ON DEPORTING 11 MILLION PEOPLE

TRUMP THINKS BLACK LIVES MATTER PROMOTES CHAOS AND DISORDER

TRUMP MOCKS THE DISABLED AND HANDICAPPED

I don't either, not on principle, but that's precisely the point -- this time is different.

I actively supported people that disagreed with me voting for Romney four years ago and had healthy debates with them. I asked someone if they remembered to vote!

Yes it is when you call yourself a 'progressive' or 'ive been a democrat my entire life'

Unless you have been lying, you are self-centered if you help Trump.

If you're a "democrat" and believe in democracy, then you must also believe in a person's right to abstain from voting. Belief in anything else is just hypocrisy. Besides, not voting doesn't support Trump nor Hilary. You might be able to argue it does in a swing state, but even that is a stretch.

Sometimes I wish I could read threads on a forum perceived to be conservative leaning and all the "not Hillary" posts are "not Trump" instead. Surely this must be happening somewhere.

Amazing how liberal is now only defined by one's views on banking (and Israel). Kaine is as progressive a candidate you can be in Virginia and is to the left on most issues liberals care about.

PBY

Banned
Honestly - Kaine is kinda shitty but it was the right choice. I'm not going to convince myself that he's any great shakes, and he has some really old school stances that are baffling, but whatever. It's a safe choice that was probably wise.

With the news of the Governor's felon voting rights thing dying, having Kaine on board sounds to me like a good way to make sure Virginia stays locked in.

LOL I hope this isn't serious.

Friendships across the political aisle are not uncommon.

Seriously, having someone like Kaine is great for Hillary. Biden is friends with Republicans too.

Armaros

Guilt tripping people to vote for your candidate isn't cool.

If they want to keep talking about how they dont want to vote, ill keep talking about how they are self-centered.

Ivory Towering about the election and being proud at not voting isn't cool, especially if they pretend they are for 'progressive' ideas.

pigeon

Banned

Thanks for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom