• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman: Absolution |OT| Police do not suspect Blood Money is involved.

I am seriously so excited for this game going off of my interest in what's been shown of the game's settings as well as my extreme, almost irrational love of Blood Money. This better be good. I bought Kane and Lynch 2, IO. It's the least I deserve.

There are some nice nods for Kane and Lynch fans.

Regarding the bolded, I'm not a stalker or anything, but just from casually reading this forum, Derrick pretty much craps on every game with extreme hyperbole. He has some valid complaints but he tends to have a flair for the dramatic when stating them. I don't know if I've seen a compliment regarding any recent games from him, so he might be one of those nostalgia guys. I'm not gonna go all post history on him cause I don't care that much, but just take what he says with a grain of salt.

Well, I only ask as a joke since this thread has been nothing but validation of what Derrick has been complaining about.

But I would be lying if some of the criticisms he has levied against the game didn't scare me off from pre-ordering. Yeah, he speaks in what seems to be an overt love for the 90's pc game era, but if you can filter it out you can see there are a lot of those old concepts that should be kept around.

There are some nice nods for Kane and Lynch fans.

Cool!

Those exist?

I... yes. I am one.

Is there a launch trailer coming for Absolution?

I kinda wanna replay Contracts and Blood Money, but I don't have the time to complete both before Absolution comes out. Plus, my PS3 isn't backward compatible for my PS2 copies :/

Eh. You know, I wish Contracts was as dark and messed up as that first assassination mission against the Meat King. After that it sort of... tapered off?

DukeBobby

Eh. You know, I wish Contracts was as dark and messed up as that first assassination mission against the Meat King. After that it sort of... tapered off?

The Meat King's Party is my all time favourite Hitman mission. I wonder what was going through the minds of the guys at IO when they made it.

The whole game itself is so utterly bleak and depressing, and it is definitely the most atmospheric game in the series. Hugely underrated game.

The Meat King's Party is my all time favourite Hitman mission. I wonder what was going through the minds of the guys at IO when they made it.

The whole game itself is so utterly bleak and depressing, and it is definitely the most atmospheric game in the series. Hugely underrated game.

I think it might be one of the most disturbing levels of any game that I've played.

Has there been any talk about DLC? Normally I'm not a big proponent of DLC in general, but a game like Hitman really begs for downloadable contracts.

jimi_dini

Maybe the game is just not as open due to the changes to the graphics engine?

Someone already posted, that the developers had problems creating true open-world-like-levels, that's why they went this way. Sadly.

I really don't understand it. Did Blood Money on 360 look that bad? I never understood, why they didn't release another one 2 years later (same engine, same gameplay, more missions). Would have been perfect. I wonder how bad/good the HD collection will look.

That's what I really hate about this (HD) gen. The only thing considered really important most of the time is shiny shiny. I mean they notice that they can't build the same type of levels, why not change the engine? Wouldn't have looked that good, but then...

SmartBase

Loved the Contracts soundtrack, especially the main menu.

Speaking of which, anyone know how the Absolution soundtrack stacks up? Never though I'd play a Hitman game without Kyd's music.

DocSeuss

Loved the Contracts soundtrack, especially the main menu.

Speaking of which, anyone know how the Absolution soundtrack stacks up? Never though I'd play a Hitman game without Kyd's music.

It's too bad Kyd was too busy working on Borderlands 2 and Darksiders 2. :|

So with Purist mode, does anyone know if you can turn off the crosshair to have absolutely zero stuff on screen in terms of overlays/HUD? Or are you stuck with the crosshair?

Ciastek3214

Someone should make an avatar of 47 with a pile of shit on his head that the haters should all be forced to wear.

image.php

Haunted

I have to agree to some extent with Feef here.

Kyd has done some brilliant stuff, but with the volume of epic sprawling soundtracks he keeps pumping out, there's bound to be some fatigue setting in for someone who listened to it all. I'd say he's similar to Hans Zimmer in that regard - but that doesn't mean that the Inception OST isn't fucking brilliant.

Someone should make an avatar of 47 with a pile of shit on his head that the haters should all be forced to wear.

It's funny how, no matter how you back up your criticisms, you'll always be seen as a hater that hates having fun and is afraid of enjoying games. Not just, you know, someone who wants a good game and is disappointed by what he's seeing.

Good, Kyd's stuff is boring and all sounds the same now.

Heresy.

derFeef

Kyd has done some brilliant stuff, but with the volume of epic sprawling soundtracks he keeps pumping out, there's bound to be some fatigue setting in for someone who listened to it all. I'd say he's similar to Hans Zimmer in that regard - but that doesn't mean that the Inception OST isn't fucking brilliant.

Thank you, you said it better.

See I wouldn't say any of his Hitman stuff has that truly epic sprawling feel to it, which is why the cross game fatigue doesn't come in to it for me. There is of course the Kyd DNA in the AC work for example, but the tone feels completely different to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQlkg6cC4aQ

MMaRsu

I like the sound of the game so far, and from playthrough videos.
Maybe the game is just not as open due to the changes to the graphics engine?

Then make a different engine. We don't care about 47's bald head being slightly red and blooming.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Game complete on Hard. Need to replay some missions for no alerts since I fucked up on a few sections. Didn't use any checkpoints or attempt to use Instinct unless I was forced to.

Mischief%20Thinking.gif

Game complete on Hard. Need to replay some missions for no alerts since I fucked up on a few sections. Didn't use any checkpoints or attempt to use Instinct unless I was forced to.

Mischief%20Thinking.gif

forced to use instinct? do you mean the game required you to use it or you came across sections that were difficult to complete without using it?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
forced to use instinct? do you mean the game required you to use it or you came across sections that were difficult to complete without using it?

A bit of both. There were a few sections where the game made you use it or it happened automatic to trigger a scene or such.

I did use it on the last 2 levels due to the design layouts and what was used on those specific levels.

You probably could do both without it but it's going to need alot of practise. I really don't envy anyway who's attempting for SA ratings on Purist.

Top Bottom