• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman: Absolution |OT| Police do not suspect Blood Money is involved.

Foffy

Banned
Started playing through Blood Money last night again, I'm at the Mardi Gras level. Game holds up.

I'm doing the same, and I'm also trying to do a run where I don't save in the levels, don't restart unless I die, and I don't purchase any means to lower Notoriety. Suffice to say, this is making the first Vegas mission very hard to do casually. At 65 Notoriety, I have no clue what causes the sudden random concern to myself, though I've learned that witnesses are no good. At least it's making the game harder to do smoothly like Silent Assassin and Contracts, as I think Blood Money is full of disguises that leave you perfect to do whatever you want. Makes me sort of happy Absolution is going back to the older mechanic that people can see through your disguise, especially people with similar attires.

DukeBobby

Started playing through Blood Money last night again, I'm at the Mardi Gras level. Game holds up.

The Murder of Crows is one of those Hitman missions that took me a long time to like. I absolutely hated it on my first playthrough, but after subsequent playthroughs, I would say that it's one of the better levels in Blood Money.

I still hate Death on the Mississippi, though.

Double D

The Murder of Crows is one of those Hitman missions that took me a long time to like. I absolutely hated it on my first playthrough, but after subsequent playthroughs, I would say that it's one of the better levels in Blood Money.

My feelings about Death on the Mississippi are the same as your feelings on Murder of Crows. The level really grew on me.

justjim89

Death on the Mississippi really isn't a very good level. I don't like it either. So many targets, so many potential witnesses or found bodies, it's just a hassle. Although I'm honestly not a very big fan of A New Life like so many people are. I don't get it, because it really is pretty limited in terms of solutions. My favorite Blood Money level is probably Til Death Do Us Part. I would say a Dance With the Devil, but it has that idiotic boss fight stuck right in the middle of it for no good reason. That's one of the points of contention I have with Amendment XXV as well. Great level, stupid boss fight thrown in.

Btw, anyone else hoping Auzzie Gamer does a let's play like he did with Blood Money? That was some entertaining stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcUbRTg65cg

Munin

iUDVs1Rg8SiB8.gif

Nothing better encompasses the genius of Hitman than that. I played through Blood Money 3-4 times and never realized you could do that.

DukeBobby

Btw, anyone else hoping Auzzie Gamer does a let's play like he did with Blood Money? That was some entertaining stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcUbRTg65cg

I hope he does, his let's play was great. It's just a shame that he's so slow at uploading new videos.

House of Cards is the best level. This ain't negotiable.

A New Life will always be my favourite, followed by either Curtain's Down or You Better Watch Out. House of Cards is still a great mission, though.

Best missions in BM are You Better Watch Out and House Of Cards

Flatline and Death On The Mississippi are garbage

NO

Bricky

Nothing better encompasses the genius of Hitman than that. I played through Blood Money 3-4 times and never realized you could do that.

Preeeeeeeetty sure that's from Absolution.

Everything I've seen/heard so far make it sounds like I'll really enjoy this game. Most of the complaints seems to be coming from the 'no don't change the old hitman keep everything the same'-group of fans. I really liked Blood Money, but acting like that game, and especially the older Hitman-games, are close to perfect is just silly.

Of course I haven't played it yet, but I have a feeling this game will be reviewed and praised by those who judge it on it's own merit, and hated by the people who're going to compare it to Blood Money and the likes just because it's a different hitman for a new generation of gaming. Not saying that things like QTE's are fantastic gameplay-additions, but the core elements of a true Hitman-game are still there. That's what's important.

justjim89

Oh how did I forget Curtains Down? Ok, that's my favorite. Although it kinda sucks how you really can only kill the box seat guy in a handful of ways. But that chandelier falling on him will always be funny. Come to think of it, there's 1-2 things at least in every level that piss me off. None of them are really perfect to me. Love Blood Money to Death, probably 100 hours logged into it, but there are a lot of irritating things about it. Even dumb AI stuff like cops that shoot you on sight for walking into a bar wearing the wrong clothes. Absurd.

Btw, Flatline is very much underrated.

justjim89

I hope he does, his let's play was great. It's just a shame that he's so slow at uploading new videos.

A few months ago he released a video saying he didn't update for a while because of a horrific breakup. I feel for the guy. I'm disheartened he never really got into his Human Revolution Let's Play. But he did a great Sniper Challenge video and it seems pretty likely he'll do Absolution, as he's said he's excited for it.

DukeBobby

My top 5 Hitman missions:

1. The Meat King's Party (Contracts)
2. A New Life (Blood Money)
3. Basement Killing (Silent Assassin)
4. Invitation to a Party (Silent Assassin)
5. Curtain's Down (Blood Money)

EDIT:

A few months ago he released a video saying he didn't update for a while because of a horrific breakup. I feel for the guy. I'm disheartened he never really got into his Human Revolution Let's Play. But he did a great Sniper Challenge video and it seems pretty likely he'll do Absolution, as he's said he's excited for it.

Damn, didn't know this. Poor guy.

He's one of the few people I subscribe to on YouTube. Guess I forgot to watch that video.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Eeeeeh, either the ending is some Kane and Lynch 2 shit, or there's really going to be DLC...

While I'm not a fan of "experience the TRUE END by buying _____", I will be the first to admit the Hitman franchise seems like a good fit for DLC. New locations, and new targets. I just wish they weren't apparently holding the idea for fans by ending the core game on what appears to be a cliffhanger.

I doubt we will see DLC. They never said a single word about future content for this game.

another quote from HF.

After completing Absolution, I can safely say that the reviews who have said that the very ending is disappointing due to it being (cant use spoiler tags so won't say, but people who have played will know) are wrong! The ending was incredibly satisfying and I want more!

Best missions in BM are You Better Watch Out and House Of Cards

Flatline and Death On The Mississippi are garbage
Those are my favorites. Flatline is absolutely gorgeous to play suit only, without sedatives and going for SA. Death on the Mississippi is great, because there's so much to take care of and there are less convenient accidents (except for the rails obviously) and hiding places for the bodies, which always make the game easier.

Foffy

Banned
I doubt we will see DLC. They never said a single word about future content for this game.

another quote from HF.

They have in fact said they're considering DLC, though. Joystiq's recent video on Absolution during a stream actually had an IO guy saying they're considering other things as content besides weapons and costumes. In fact, the game has DLC listed in one of the menus, and I really doubt it's just a hub for the pre-order bonuses...

As for my favorite five Hitman missions, in no particular order:

- Traditions of the Trade (Codename 47)
- Invitation to a Party (Silent Assassin)
- The Murder of Crows (Blood Money)
- Meat King's Party (Contracts)
- The Jacuzzi Job (Silent Assassin)

Dabanton

This game is going to make a nice change of pace to the FPS games I've been playing lately.

Cold nights outside and I can be wrapped up warm inside with my console figuring out ways to get a Silent Assassin rating.

in blood money my least favorite mission is "dance with the devil", all the others are ace. Also, in regards to that mini review on the top of the page and it's negative about the ending. I did not get a dlc vibe from it but a (general spoilers)
there will be a sequel(no crap)

I think the only form of level dlc we will get will be in contracts mode.

RevDM

Banned
I just want to say that Curtains Down is truly a masterpiece. Switching the guns and making someone else do your work is so diabolical.

DukeBobby

I just want to say that Curtains Down is truly a masterpiece. Switching the guns and making someone else do your work is so diabolical.

My favourite method was to replace the other actor on stage, and shoot the guy myself. By the time anybody realised, I was long gone.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
My favourite method was to replace the other actor on stage, and shoot the guy myself. By the time anybody realised, I was long gone.

the first time I played it I synchronized my sniper shot with the actors. I was amazed that it actually worked.

Jacuzzi job is also one of my favorite from hitman 2. I remember just messing around in that level for hours and some how shooting the guy and having him glitch out and fall through the window

Eeeeeh, either the ending is some Kane and Lynch 2 shit, or there's really going to be DLC...

While I'm not a fan of "experience the TRUE END by buying _____", I will be the first to admit the Hitman franchise seems like a good fit for DLC. New locations, and new targets. I just wish they weren't apparently holding the idea for fans by ending the core game on what appears to be a cliffhanger.

It isn't a Kane and Lynch 2 ending, or what was lack there of. Seriously, that game was just get on the airplane - game over roll credits. lol. This game actually has an ending.

RevDM

Banned

My favorite hit to do, because of timing, is the ru-ap mine set up in Amendment. Takes out both vice president and assassin, you have to be quick to get there and set up the mine. And they only interact briefly, making detonation timing critical.

Hindle

Banned
I've just got a horrible feeling that the classic Hitman we are used to will be made as DLC. It's like they know we will buy it out of desperation.

DukeBobby

My favorite hit to do, because of timing, is the ru-ap mine set up in Amendment. Takes out both vice president and assassin, you have to be quick to get there and set up the mine. And they only interact briefly, making detonation timing critical.

Huh, I didn't know you could do that. Guess I'll try that the next time I do that mission.

RevDM

Banned
Huh, I didn't know you could do that. Guess I'll try that the next time I do that mission.

Play the level, while on the rooftop the vice pres and his dog will roam the grassy courtyard. Will approach the widow to the Oval Office where the other assassin is hiding. The make a very short rendezvous here. Observe where they stop. That's where you place the mine. Restart the level and attempt the hit.

Play the level, while on the rooftop the vice pres and his dog will roam the grassy courtyard. Will approach the widow to the Oval Office where the other assassin is hiding. The make a very short rendezvous here. Observe where they stop. That's where you place the mine. Restart the level and attempt the hit.

Never knew they even interacted. Guess you learn something new everyday.

And having the nuns (sans latex gear) in SA would've made sense, considering the context of the plot.

DukeBobby

I'll try this out sometime. Man, Blood Money is the game that just keeps on giving.

justjim89

Holy shit never knew about that. Amazing. Plus it spares one of the shitty boss fight.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
This game is a marrige of Hitman and Splinter Cell, and it is really fun. The non-open level sections really are still hardcore stealth all the way. Most all of them have multiple ways through with some being really involved. All the sections have lots if goofy challenges for kills and stuff.

Top Bottom