• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman: Absolution |OT| Police do not suspect Blood Money is involved.

Phinor

I just realized that there's no Friday release bullshit for Europe with this game. Everywhere I look it says 20th of November for North America AND Europe. Pretty rare for a game this size (ie. something between CoD and indie games).

This game is a marrige of Hitman and Splinter Cell, and it is really fun. The non-open level sections really are still hardcore stealth all the way. Most all of them have multiple ways through with some being really involved. All the sections have lots if goofy challenges for kills and stuff.

You've got me hot and bothered.

Anyone know if the professional edition comes with a steelbook? I have this weird "I must own a CE if its out" but $20 extra for just some DLC seems disappointing.

RevDM

Banned
Holy shit never knew about that. Amazing. Plus it spares one of the shitty boss fight.

Now you guys understand what it was I was expecting from absolution. Blood Money is filled with these expert hits. The party level forgot what it's called, if you can manage your way to the roof top with your sniper, you can take your target out on the patio and the guy in the hot tub by shooting the bottom out.

MMaRsu

Played this at a friends house today. Dear god this game is a turd. Disguises and instinct are useless. Its more like sc conviction full of shitty qtes. You want to nom lethal subdue someone? Get ready to mash square for 5 secs each time.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Now you guys understand what it was I was expecting from absolution. Blood Money is filled with these expert hits. The party level forgot what it's called, if you can manage your way to the roof top with your sniper, you can take your target out on the patio and the guy in the hot tub by shooting the bottom out.

That was always so good. I also preferred the method of taking out the actor by going onstage myself and timing it with the play mentioned earlier in the thread. Absolutely blew my mind when those hits worked like that.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Played this at a friends house today. Dear god this game is a turd. Disguises and instinct are useless. Its more like sc conviction full of shitty qtes. You want to nom lethal subdue someone? Get ready to mash square for 5 secs each time.

Really? The slow takedown is a tradeoff for having the lethal be a lot faster. You don't lose as many points but it is harder to do. Makes perfect sense. On expert the one use for instinct is to make disguises work and I like that change. Makes you have plan and execute that much more instead of falling back on the disguise fooling everyone. It makes infiltration much more tense and that much more rewarding for pulling it off.

RevDM

Banned

I need a detailed breakdown of your experience. I still have not cancelled my preorder.

Really? The slow takedown is a tradeoff for having the lethal be a lot faster. You don't lose as many points but it is harder to do. Makes perfect sense. On expert the one use for instinct is to make disguises work and I like that change. Makes you have plan and execute that much more instead of falling back on the disguise fool everyone. It makes infiltration much more tense and that much more rewarding for pulling it off.

Don't even bother tetsuo; he is intent on hating and shitting on the game. It's been like that for a while and he is a prominent voice in here trying to convince everyone otherwise how much he hates the game. At least he didn't waste his money on it.

I don't mind criticism/negative viewpoints in OT but it better be intelligent and worthy of posting. Facetious, cliche references are starting to get annoying.

Anyway I appreciate your feedback.

MMaRsu

Yeah right I would have loved to be proven wrong but from what I've played this is not much like previous Hitman games.

I cant write anything big right now cause im pretty tired, but everybody constantly fucking annoys you hey who are you get back here if you are in there view for like 1 or 2 seconds, its almost impossible to go anywhere unless you distract them which is retarded because they see 47 picking up and item or turning on a radio and they still go and check it out wtf. I played on hard by the way. Either way I'd say if you are a big fan of Blood Money and you hate conviction I say stay away.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Holy shit never knew about that. Amazing. Plus it spares one of the shitty boss fight.

Yeah, that's a good one. I love A Dance with the Devil but that damn bartender boss is shitty, he never goes to a spot that lets you avoid it while maintaining SA.

The Amendment one isn't THAT bad even if you do it the normal way. I always just bring the sniper there and pre-emptively prep it so I can walk out of the door and snipe him across the roof where he's waiting.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
made a thread about, it isnt that spoilery if you followed the trailers and whatnot

I hadnt though so I kinda wish I didnt watch it.. but it's nothing really important

Missed your thread, sorry salsa! Yeah, after watching most of it, it's just prologue and tutorial stuff mostly. Goes a little bit further into the game towards the end if you want to get a taste of the video and then bail.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Jesus mission 6 is god damn hard.
Remember when everyone cried " ooh fuck this game, they toned everything down, instinct makes the game too easy ... CASUAL"

Yeah thats what you cry babies get now.

Remember when everyone cried " ooh fuck this game, they toned everything down, instinct makes the game too easy ... CASUAL"

Yeah thats what you cry babies get now.

I think what a lot of people have to realize is that disguises will not work like previous games. Say you dress as a policman, the only people who will be curious about you are other policemen. You can walk by anyone else in the world freely, without having to use instinct to blend.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I think what a lot of people have to realize is that disguises will not work like previous games. Say you dress as a policman, the only people who will be curious about you are other policemen. You can walk by anyone else in the world freely, without having to use instinct to blend.
Just on paper or does it really work like that? because if so it sounds like a really good AI to me.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
That's how it works. Makes the disguise mechanic better, in my opinion. Also, I just beat that mission. Would have been impossible to do without killing or knocking people out it seems.

Foffy

Banned

That's similar to how some disguises were pre-Blood Money. Many missions had some guard who can eventually deduce through your disguise if they were near you and you were in their sight long enough. A good example is Anathema from Silent Assassin; donning a mafia attire draws the attention of all of the mafia goons.

That's how it works. Makes the disguise mechanic better, in my opinion. Also, I just beat that mission. Would have been impossible to do without killing or knocking people out it seems.

You're not playing on Normal, right? Is there a health regeneration mechanic on harder settings. I know on Normal you can regenerate health, though I'm not sure if that's just a cool down period from gunplay or is it from hiding.

Yeah, that's a good one. I love A Dance with the Devil but that damn bartender boss is shitty, he never goes to a spot that lets you avoid it while maintaining SA.

The Amendment one isn't THAT bad even if you do it the normal way. I always just bring the sniper there and pre-emptively prep it so I can walk out of the door and snipe him across the roof where he's waiting.
You can try to lure the bartender out of its spot if you manage your way down undisguised and he's the first to see you as he'll chase you to make you go. It might take some practice to work, but it's possible and another horrible boss fight is avoided.

You're not playing on Normal, right? Is there a health regeneration mechanic on harder settings. I know on Normal you can regenerate health, though I'm not sure if that's just a cool down period from gunplay or is it from hiding.

On hard no health regen! :( Yes hard is hard and people will detect you quickly when disguised. People wanting a easy game are not going to get it with this title. It's fairly challenging.

derFeef

Yeah right I would have loved to be proven wrong but from what I've played this is not much like previous Hitman games.

I cant write anything big right now cause im pretty tired, but everybody constantly fucking annoys you hey who are you get back here if you are in there view for like 1 or 2 seconds, its almost impossible to go anywhere unless you distract them which is retarded because they see 47 picking up and item or turning on a radio and they still go and check it out wtf. I played on hard by the way. Either way I'd say if you are a big fan of Blood Money and you hate conviction I say stay away.

How many missions have you played?

Foffy

Banned
On hard no health regen! :( Yes hard is hard and people will detect you quickly when disguised. People wanting a easy game are not going to get it with this title. It's fairly challenging.

What about Normal? Sans the regen, are enemies difficult? I know early on you're a bullet sponge, but Hitman games have often been that on Normal when your enemies only have basic pistols.

What about Normal? Sans the regen, are enemies difficult? I know early on you're a bullet sponge, but Hitman games have often been that on Normal when your enemies only have basic pistols.

Haven't touched normal mode. Will have to give it a try tomorrow!

And every disguise agent47 use now have different wanted levels. If someone see you act strangely dressed like an electrician this disguise become more and more suspicious. What Rev find annoying for me is much more realistic. The game is a lot more fun played on harder setting but at the beginning is better play some mission on normal, so you can learn how the rules and the IA of this new Hitman works.

On mission 4 now and I really enjoy the game. I played a lot of stealth game but this is one of the most creative one, actualky you are pretty free to take on a mission how you like and yes, you can kill your target without a single alarm. But I can confirm that the score system seems borked but the idea is really really cool.

A question for those who've played it: Are there still some stats, with the amount of kills, bullets fired, alarms and so on, shown at the end of each mission? Or is it all about scoring now?

A question for those who've played it: Are there still some stats, with the amount of kills, bullets fired, alarms and so on, shown at the end of each mission? Or is it all about scoring now?

Of course, yes, the score you gain is based also on the classic formula of alarms, unnecessary kills (is better kill a bad boy instead of a poor medic) and other stuff you can see at the end of each mission.

Btw, The neck and the cranium of Agent47 look bigger and bigger every mission (don't like the new desing), hope the game don't end with an head explosion... :)

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
:|

The AI in Conan Video is just amazingly bad..dude didn't spot 47 when he was next to him.

I'm seriously worried right now.

Of course, yes, the score you gain is based also on the classic formula of alarms, unnecessary kills (is better kill a bad boy instead of a poor medic) and other stuff you can see at the end of each mission.

Btw, The neck and the cranium of Agent47 look bigger and bigger every mission (don't like the new desing), hope the game don't end with an head explosion... :)

Ok, thank you. Is there also an overall sheet for the whole game or only for the last mission? Silent Assassin and Contracts had those, but it was removed in Blood Money.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I watched a youtube video just now of a part that was really great and really hard for me. It was user theycallmedrac playing and that shit was disgusting. I don't know what difficulty he was playing on but he literally walked through the level. Do not, I repeat, do not play on whatever difficulty he was which I am going to find out and tell you right now what it was.

edit: He was playing on normal. DO NOT DO THAT. PUT THAT IN THE OT. IN THE THREAD TITLE EVEN. NORMAL IS NOT REPRESENTATIVE OF WHAT THIS GAME IS ABOUT. PLAY ON AT LEAST HARD BUT RECOMMENDED EXPERT FOR HITMAN/STEALTH GAME VETERANS.

MMaRsu

Okay. Too bad you do not like it :( Have you tried another difficulty?

The King of Chinatown was alright, but the way the disguise system works just rubs me the wrong way.

I'm playing on hard, but expert would be crazy hard I would think, and normal too easy..

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
That was amazing. The game is so much easier on normal that I actually don't understand why normal is called normal. There are actually WAY less enemy NPCs. Not only that, but the placement is made for maximum ease of level traversal. I saw parts with one patrolman that had THREE on Expert AND standing sentry guards watching entrance points. Like, this isn't a hypothetical "well on expert it would look like this", this is an actual difference in the mission.

Not only that, but the reaction time is pitiful! You can just walk past people and they won't do shit! You have like a 5 second window to be in someones line of sight before they suspect anything. I take back any defense I made of the game earlier to anyone who has witnessed or played the game on Normal. What a disaster.

I'm playing on hard, but expert would be crazy hard I would think, and normal too easy..

Expert is the way to go, I think. Normal is pathetic and hard still doesn't have the fastest reaction time from enemies. That is very important now that I've seen the slower one in action.

That was amazing. The game is so much easier on normal that I actually don't understand why normal is called normal. There are actually WAY less enemy NPCs. Not only that, but the placement is made for maximum ease of level traversal. I saw parts with one patrolman that had THREE on Expert AND standing sentry guards watching entrance points. Like, this isn't a hypothetical "well on expert it would look like this", this is an actual difference in the mission.

Not only that, but the reaction time is pitiful! You can just walk past people and they won't do shit! You have like a 5 second window to be in someones line of sight before they suspect anything. I take back any defense I made of the game earlier to anyone who has witnessed or played the game on Normal. What a disaster.

Expert is the way to go, I think. Normal is pathetic and hard still doesn't have the fastest reaction time from enemies. That is very important now that I've seen the slower one in action.
There is no difference between purist and expert regarding reaction times and amount/placing of enemies, right?

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I don't believe so. I am going to play through a purist mission or two tomorrow when I get to work as I left my system there. Purist is going to be nuts because there is no minimap D:

I thought I wouldn't really need it tonight but I really want to play some Hitman now lol

Top Bottom