• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman: Absolution |OT| Police do not suspect Blood Money is involved.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Really?!?

Lucky bastard (as in the good way, not that you're a bastard or anything).

I still don't have the money to pre-order from Amazon, and I don't think I'll have the time anyway. Dammit, I'll miss the pre-order Sniper Challenge and the other stuff.

Foffy

Banned
Does the AI behave less dopey on higher difficulties or is it just damage dealing type variables?

AI improves in accuracy and intelligence, just like in previous games. Harder settings now introduce more enemies and increase the weaponry/armor of certain goons, too.

JambiBum

Derrick will come back after release and be in love. I think he got banned because of something he said in a vita thread.

I normally start games on Normal, but I guess I'll have to ratchet the difficulty up when I get Absolution. There will be anger boners all the time, I assume.

MMaRsu

So now that we are talking about difficulty settings: Anybody going to start with purist on the first run?

You really shouldnt. Instinct meter wont show so youd have to guess when to use it but if you are without you wont be able to see so you would be guessing.

You really shouldnt. Instinct meter wont show so youd have to guess when to use it but if you are without you wont be able to see so you would be guessing.
Wouldn't this be an argument not to play on purist at all or do youm mean because the feeling for using instinct isn't developed enough. I think after some practice and trial-and-error it should do.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Wouldn't this be an argument not to play on purist at all or do youm mean because the feeling for using instinct isn't developed enough. I think after some practice and trial-and-error it should do.

The game recommends purist for people who have the game fully memorized. Not to say it'd be impossible, but pretty severe trial and error when you don't know the levels or enemy layouts at all.

So now that we are talking about difficulty settings: Anybody going to start with purist on the first run?

I don't think that would be wise for a first run.

iiKzE6NHCydNV.jpg

I will go with Expert.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I wouldn't do purist first time as it takes out the minimap. I have to look at what the difference between hard and expert is but if hard doesn't have fastest enemy reaction time I strongly recommend against it.

DukeBobby

I'll probably start on hard, and then play it on Expert for my second playthrough. I'll then mess around on Easy or Normal and just shoot everybody, before attempting a Purist run.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I registered at PCG forum to post about the difficulty situation lol

I have registered here to say this:

I have played the game for several hours now on Expert difficulty. Do not, under any circumstance, ever EVER play this game on Normal. I watched some footage on youtube of someone playing through the sections I did because I wanted to see if he did anything differently. Well, he was playing on Normal and yes, he most certainly did. It was hard for me to believe how incredibly terrible Normal is. You can literally do anything you want. There is no threatening enemy presence and even the few that are there have pathetic reaction times so they are nothing more than cardboard cutouts, essentially.

I watched as he literally walked through areas it took me multiple attempts to figure out, basically draining the game of all fun and challenge. The low rating, if played through on Normal, is probably 100% justified. I can not stress the importance of playing on higher difficulties. Expert is about perfect with only the lack of any kind of save option hindering it.

DO NOT PLAY HITMAN: ABSOLUTION ON NORMAL EVER IN YOUR LIFE. IT IS PITIFUL. I RECOMMEND EXPERT FOR HITMAN / STEALTH GAME VETERANS.

AI improves in accuracy and intelligence, just like in previous games. Harder settings now introduce more enemies and increase the weaponry/armor of certain goons, too.
Higher difficulty leads to more aware enemies and more abundant. Sometimes even better prepared enemies according to a earlier post someone made.

Cool. Think I'll start off on at least Hard then.
Purist sounds over the top, but appreciate that it's an option

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I haven't tried Hard yet but just don't fucking play it on Normal PLEASE. I know that Hard still highlights enemies through walls with Instinct and shows their travel paths.

edit: Good lord just for hilarity sake, I redid the very start of a mission on normal just to see the difference. Where I needed to bounce between cover at the right moment and distract a guard down a hall for safe passage in expert, I literally walked through on Normal. I actually kind of walked around in circles for a bit before leaving, not once triggering the guys in there. There was also someone watching the door in expert as to nothing on Normal.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I haven't tried Hard yet but just don't fucking play it on Normal PLEASE. I know that Hard still highlights enemies through walls with Instinct and shows their travel paths.

You can individually disable those atleast. Does hard have checkpoints?

Hindle

Banned
Shopto just shipped my copy so I'll have it by Sat. I'll let you know if I think it's as bad as I've been saying.

This is clearly my game of the year. If you like Hitman you will like absolution. Just don't play it like an action/ shooter game. It's stealth and it's very good.

Top Bottom