• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman: Absolution |OT| Police do not suspect Blood Money is involved.

justjim89

Bah. They're picking softball questions. I've tweeted a bunch of questions regarding the leak and linearity. Mayhaps we should spam them.

derFeef

Really, really liked K&L1. Was very excited about the second one, but it could not hold my attention due to mechanical issues.

rvy

Banned
Bah. They're picking softball questions. I've tweeted a bunch of questions regarding the leak and linearity. Mayhaps we should spam them.

Well, of course they are. You expected differently why? There's probably some PR goon around them, checking what they write.

DukeBobby

Those games are such ass. Both of them. I like the art direction of the games, it's very movie-like, but the gameplay itself is awful.

I think they're decent. If K&L2 had a single player longer than 4 hours and an actual ending, I would probably call it a good game.

justjim89

I also love how Anthony tried to encourage picking up the old games and the guy almost tried to dismiss his suggestion. Ugh. PR is an evil beast.

derFeef

The 2nd game at least works properly, control-wise.

Nah, the cover mechanic was broken for me. Instead of popping out while targeting, the camera just zoomed into the wall and not sideways like you would expect to, making it impossible to aim. I gave up on it.

kiun

any idea which console version is the way to go ?

I've heard PS3 is the lead console, but I was leaning on xbox because blood money was on that platform.

0ffdbda9d7942ae3c30605497141508f.gif

P.S where did you find that GIF? Who is she?

Madalina Pica, according to google images.

rvy

Banned
Nah, the cover mechanic was broken for me. Instead of popping out while targeting, the camera just zoomed into the wall and not sideways like you would expect to, making it impossible to aim. I gave up on it.

At least you could get into cover. The 1st game was a complete mess in that regard.

DocSeuss

I really wish players could create custom difficulties and share them in video games. I think that'd be super awesome. Like... expert mode? Some of those things I'd rather not try, but I DO want to play without a crosshair.

I think that'd be super cool.

360 version runs perfectly smooth, no framerate drops and no tearing (installed).
The replay value is very high. After 6 hours on mission 10 (a few restarts).
I love everything about this game...well...except for the cutscenes.
The graphics, man...the graphics....I can't believe this is possible on current gen hardware consoles.

DukeBobby

360 version runs perfectly smooth, no framerate drops and no tearing (installed).
The replay value is very high. After 6 hours on mission 10 (a few restarts).
I love everything about this game...well...except the cutscenes.
The graphics, man...the graphics....I can't believe this is possible on current gen hardware consoles.

What's wrong with the cutscenes?

DukeBobby

In my opinion they are unintentionally funny for the most time. But Hitman is still Hitman. Every level is unique. Just don't care for the story. I'm playing contracts mode for the first time. Hah now this is challenging

Yep, sounds like Hitman to me. Anyway, story is hardly an important part of the franchise, so I can probably look past its faults, and enjoy it for its sheer campiness.

The hardest mission so far is a shooting gallery. I may never beat this shit D:

Really? I didn't think it was that hard. Got it first try. I was surprised I got such a high score using a controller though. The trick is to use point shooting whenever you can. Mouse and keyboard I will be able to beat it without using instinct at all. I noticed the difference with the Sniper Challenge. Mouse and keyboard so much better.

justjim89

So, this thread inspired me to dig up my old Contracts disc since I never beat it.

The last place I left off was on the waterfront in Deadly Cargo, disguised with the harbor worker's clothes and my silenced baller in the toolbox. I remember coming across a warehouse full of swat last time I played, so I found it and found a back entrance. Shot a solitary swat guy and took his clothes and gun. Another swat ran up to me right as the raid was called to start and shot at me, presumably having seen me shoot the other guy. So I lit him up right in front of several other cops, but the raid was ordered to start so they didn't even come after me, which got quite a laugh. Snuck to the roof, took out the sniper, sniped the target, out. Whew. But upon replaying for a more stealthy attempt, I noticed the raid doesn't seem to trigger until you take a swat uniform. I'm playing on normal, btw.

Onto traditions of the trade. Heard a lot of people say it's one of their favorites. I don't see why, at least not yet. Why start you with a rifle case if the cops at the only entrance to the hotel just take it away? Anywho, fooled around with a busboy outfit and cop outfit, busboy seems to work better. Killed the guy in the steam room, can't figure out how to get to the other guy. So I gave up for now. But I'll figure something out. Just wanted to share this with yall.

I've tried at least 20 times and the highest I can get is 420ish.

I was pretty buzzed when I did it. Try it after a couple drinks. Get those jitters out. Be all Reeellllaaaaaaxxxxxxxx. lol.

So, this thread inspired me to dig up my old Contracts disc since I never beat it.

I tried installing it a couple months ago. I had problems running it. Windows 7 problems or maybe a scratched disc.

Foffy

Banned
Onto traditions of the trade. Heard a lot of people say it's one of their favorites. I don't see why, at least not yet. Why start you with a rifle case if the cops at the only entrance to the hotel just take it away? Anywho, fooled around with a busboy outfit and cop outfit, busboy seems to work better. Killed the guy in the steam room, can't figure out how to get to the other guy. So I gave up for now. But I'll figure something out. Just wanted to share this with yall.

I believe they gave you the case to indicate that moving with firearms with active detectors causes the guards to take notice. In the original game (it's a mission from Codename 47) if you walked through any metal detector with a weapon and the detector was active, you were shot on sight. They changed it in Contracts to introduce the player to that risk.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

The last place I left off was on the waterfront in Deadly Cargo, disguised with the harbor worker's clothes and my silenced baller in the toolbox. I remember coming across a warehouse full of swat last time I played, so I found it and found a back entrance. Shot a solitary swat guy and took his clothes and gun. Another swat ran up to me right as the raid was called to start and shot at me, presumably having seen me shoot the other guy. So I lit him up right in front of several other cops, but the raid was ordered to start so they didn't even come after me, which got quite a laugh. Snuck to the roof, took out the sniper, sniped the target, out. Whew. But upon replaying for a more stealthy attempt, I noticed the raid doesn't seem to trigger until you take a swat uniform. I'm playing on normal, btw.

I've wanted to replay Contracts but they need to work out that damn licensing crap so I can get it on steam with the rest. I hope the HD edition means they got it worked out...but has that even been officially announced yet? Jeez.

DukeBobby

While I love Contracts, it really is a game of two halves, in my opinion. The first half of the game is so memorable with several great missions such as Beldingford Manor, Rendezvous in Rotterdam and my personal favourite, The Meat King's Party. Aside from Traditions of the Trade, no mission in the latter half of the game really stands out.

justjim89

While I love Contracts, it really is a game of two halves, in my opinion. The first half of the game is so memorable with several great missions such as Beldingford Manor, Rendezvous in Rotterdam and my personal favourite, The Meat King's Party. Aside from Traditions of the Trade, no mission in the latter half of the game really stands out.

I want to love Beldingford Manor so bad,, but at least with my copy there's an AI glitch that causes your cover to be blown for no apparent reason halfway through the mission.

Odrion

Banned
It kinda hit me that Contracts was only two games ago. Man, it feels like there should've been more Hitman games between 2004 and now.

edit: VVV Uuugghh that's right.

justjim89

It kinda hit me that Contracts was only two games ago. Man, it feels like there should've been more Hitman games between 2004 and now.

Well it seems like the series is about to pick up again. They're already talking about the next Hitman game being developed by the Human Revolution devs.

Top Bottom