• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman: Absolution |OT| Police do not suspect Blood Money is involved.

Foffy

Banned
I want to love Beldingford Manor so bad,, but at least with my copy there's an AI glitch that causes your cover to be blown for no apparent reason halfway through the mission.

It depends on what you do, actually. Did you kill the targets with anything explosive?

Kane and Lynch happened.

This. And if it makes you feel better (or worse) the Kane and Lynch games exist in the same universe as Hitman.

How's Hitman 2: SA? I have it on Steam, but I've never played it. I recently started replaying Blood Money (the only Hitman game I've ever played- loved it!) to get in the mood for Absolution, and I'm almost done. Curious to maybe try out Silent Assassin- will it be too much of a step back from Blood Money? Is it too arcane by today's standards?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
How's Hitman 2: SA? I have it on Steam, but I've never played it. I recently started replaying Blood Money (the only Hitman game I've ever played- loved it!) to get in the mood for Absolution, and I'm almost done. Curious to maybe try out Silent Assassin- will it be too much of a step back from Blood Money? Is it too arcane by today's standards?

I think it's still great but the controls are without a doubt more awkward and the AI is much harsher. I'd try it out but you may not like it, hard to say.

justjim89

No, that would be Codename 47. Silent Assassin will take you a bit to get used to, because it does control a bit more stiff. But overall it's an amazing game, and the true starting point for the series and what it's become. Several great levels a bit more of a look into 47 than in Blood Money. If you already have it you should certainly play it.

I'm disappointed in how reasonable all of you are with the difficulties :(

I want to love Beldingford Manor so bad,, but at least with my copy there's an AI glitch that causes your cover to be blown for no apparent reason halfway through the mission.
It isn't necessarily a glitch. There are a couple of things in that level that blow your cover for reasons that might seem unapparent.

Such as wearing the outdoor guard outfit indoors, or having someone discover the body you stole your clothes from.
And vice versa. Also when you pass the lady in the shower, she runs to tell the guards even if she wasn't screaming for help. This could also feel like a glitch, especially since the guards know exactly where you are from that point.

Just got my copy of Contracts in the mail yesterday. Holding me over until release. I've never actually owned a version of this game, can't wait to play through it again. It cost me .01 cent, plus shipping and it's in excellent condition!

RevDM

Banned
For those playing the game, how gratifying is it to complete your hits? Do you get a sense of, "they don't know what just hit them" when finishing?

For those playing the game, how gratifying is it to complete your hits? Do you get a sense of, "they don't know what just hit them" when finishing?

Oh yes. In pretty much every level so far. There are always multiple ways to kill your target...or...well..let them kill themselves by accident lol.

Adam Sessler Hitman Absolution interview

"The goal With Purist was to allow players who only liked Hitman 1...to make it even more difficult than Hitman 1. If we could play through it, then for sure the fans will play through it in hours. We know it's theoretically possible, but we couldn't do it on Silent Assassin."

I'm warming up to using Instinct:
"Instinct...if you think about it, the map system of the old games showed you everything in the level. Instinct only showing a little piece...what's in your exact vicinity...that's the thing you're most interested in. You're not interested in a guy that's like a half-mile away, 4 floors above."

What if most people miss the choices?
"We built in a Challenge System into the game where every way you kill the target is one challenge. There's a number of them for each level, they're serving as a hint to the player as there are other ways to do it. On King of Chinatown, there's like 12 different ways."
iz6WSP0KiJ7pM.jpg

The whole interview is worth watching.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Does 47 still have the ability to push people down stairs, making it look like an accident?
It was a pretty unrealistic feature, i mean how many people would die if they get pushed down stairs?

Sure it was fun but the Hitman is a killer. It's always about killing people .

Can't say the same for shoving someone into a jacuzzi and killing them instantly.

Yeah, I loved how shoving someone into a small puddle of water would instantly kill them. Like "Flatline" in BM, you could shove one of the patients into one of those sauna baths.

You know what would be awesome?

If 47 in one of the missions had to assassinate Kane and Lynch.

I love Kane and Lynch, but I would sacrifice the duo in an unpexpected WTF-moment. It would of course be symbolic death. A new beginning for IO.

IO Interactive are interesting because they never where a triple A developer. They were always a hair or two off. Hitman 1, Hitman 2, the first Kane and Lynch. You had games there that were on the forefront of what was achieveable at the time in various fields in game development.

All I've gathered from Absolution is that they want to be taken seriously like Rockstar. 47 is a house name, but he is not as big as Max Payne. But he is a lot better than a lot of guys that are more famous than him. He is better than Sam Fisher for example.

Just watched a leaked video where the player got a Silent Assassin rating after killing like 20 guys. A bit worrisome.
The new rating sure sounds weird. Somebody posted earlier that he killed only the target and remained unnoticed and didn't achieve SA, but did when he killed him with an accident. Hmm...
edit: Can you tell how the enemies were killed in the video?

Raven77

My friend Josh wont allow me to get on GOOGLE here at work so I have a few questions.

When does this game come out? Is it out already? Is it out soon? Is it out a while back? Josh wants to know too.

Also, what is the general consensus on this game? That Derick guy was mad about a lot of stuff about a week ago when I was in here. Has anything been released to show that this is a true Hitman game and not a linear turd-nugget?

Josh is curious about this as well.

DukeBobby

My friend Josh wont allow me to get on GOOGLE here at work so I have a few questions.

When does this game come out? Is it out already? Is it out soon? Is it out a while back? Josh wants to know too.

Also, what is the general consensus on this game? That Derick guy was mad about a lot of stuff about a week ago when I was in here. Has anything been released to show that this is a true Hitman game and not a linear turd-nugget?

Josh is curious about this as well.

The game doesn't come out until Tuesday, but a few people in this thread have the game already. Impressions seem to be positive so far from both players and early reviewers . One review from PC Gamer (which gave the game 62%) has a lot of people worried, but I guess we will have a more general consensus when the review embargo ends on Sunday.

The game has been leaked onto YouTube, so if you don't mind some spoilers, you should check out some of the videos if you're uncertain about the game.

Raven77

The game doesn't come out until Tuesday, but a few people in this thread have the game already. Impressions seem to be positive so far from both players and early reviewers . One review from PC Gamer (which gave the game 62%) has a lot of people worried, but I guess we will have a more general consensus when the review embargo ends on Sunday.

The game has been leaked onto YouTube, so if you don't mind some spoilers, you should check out some of the videos if you're uncertain about the game.

Thanks, Josh and I are both pretty pleased, but the PC Gamer review is worrisome. If people have it already in this thread, why are they not confirming / denying whether the PC Gamer review was valid in its opinions?

Top Bottom