• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman: Absolution |OT| Police do not suspect Blood Money is involved.

JambiBum

Thanks, Josh and I are both pretty pleased, but the PC Gamer review is worrisome. If people have it already in this thread, why are they not confirming / denying whether the PC Gamer review was valid in its opinions?

They already have mostly denied the things said in the review. It's mostly due to the fact that the reviewer played on normal instead of one of the harder difficulties.

Also, what the hell is with this Josh thing?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
heard really bad things about this game from my friend (who love Blood Money) he says it's another Splinter Cell: Conviction situation but with very good level design(the only thing he like abut the entire thing) and the really bad AI for a stealth game.

So yeah I wont be getting this day one, will wait for more GAF/friend impressions after they hype/super negativity cools down (when the things become more trust worthy).

derFeef

They already have mostly denied the things said in the review. It's mostly due to the fact that the reviewer played on normal instead of one of the harder difficulties.

Also, what the hell is with this Josh thing?

SSHHH! Never talk about Josh when he is in here!

Interfectum

My friend Josh wont allow me to get on GOOGLE here at work so I have a few questions.

When does this game come out? Is it out already? Is it out soon? Is it out a while back? Josh wants to know too.

Also, what is the general consensus on this game? That Derick guy was mad about a lot of stuff about a week ago when I was in here. Has anything been released to show that this is a true Hitman game and not a linear turd-nugget?

Josh is curious about this as well.

Tell Josh some of that information is at the very top of the OP.

Raven77

Whats your guys' (or gals, i'm not a sexist) issue with Josh? He's just a friend of mine, we surf the net together. He sits near me but I control the mouse and keyboard. Josh is pretty hurt by these comments.

Anyway, thanks for the link about what they said regarding the PC Gamer review. I'm glad to hear that it was likely due to the normal difficulty.

Thanks again.

the best difficulty to play on is expert, you have only a small amount of instinct and it doesn't regenerate, when you become suspicios to somebody you have abot 1-2sec to get out of sight or he will come after you screaming STOP WHO ARE YOU STOP (fucking moron, if nobody else is near you and that guard you can fake surrender and kill him but if others are near then reload last checkpoint is next thing to do ), on purist the detection window is 1sec, if you come somewehere where guards are and you are dressed as a guard your fucked...dressed as a electrician you can walk everywhere the guards won't detect you but of course ther is some other fuckin electrician who fucking screams WAIT WHO ARE YOU gtfo every guard is then waching at you looking what is going on. Only on expert and purist there are more guards in a level makin it much harder. Somtimes a guard screams hey you come over here (i was like wtf im not detected) i'm ignoring him and he keeps screaming come over here you idiot i'm talking to you, so i go to him and he says what are you watching you moron and leaves, fucking ass. The game is fun i got i today, i want to play on pursist but the fckn detect you immediately it's frustrating. sorry for english i'm german.

eshwaaz

A question for those who have the game - is there a unique animation for 47 walking up/down stairs? It's a relatively minor detail, but Hitman is the first game I can remember that put in the extra effort. Preview videos did not have it (though NPCs did, oddly enough), so I was hoping it would get added.

A question for those who have the game - is there a unique animation for 47 walking up/down stairs? It's a relatively minor detail, but Hitman is the first game I can remember that put in the extra effort. Preview videos did not have it (though NPCs did, oddly enough), so I was hoping it would get added.

Nope :/

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Anyone got Suit Only SA ratings on every level yet? I'm struggling on some. I just don't see how it's possible in some areas due to the amount of NPCs.

I guess someone who's played it can confirm but I'm assuming there's more depth to guard behavior in Absolution. Replaying Blood Money right now on Pro and it's kind of annoying how basic security guards are so willing to gun you down just cause you look suspicious.

justjim89

I guess someone who's played it can confirm but I'm assuming there's more depth to guard behavior in Absolution. Replaying Blood Money right now on Pro and it's kind of annoying how basic security guards are so willing to gun you down just cause you look suspicious.

There really are so many awful things about the AI in earlier games.

"Well, now that I'm properly disguised as one of the guards, surely I'll be allowed to procure this video ta-"

"HE'S TAKING THE VIDEO TAPE! YOU'LL DIE FOR YOUR TRANSGRESSIONS!"

or

"The salsa bar, huh? I think I'll check it out in he-"

"Excuse me sir, you can't go in dressed like that."

"Whatever, man. I'll see you insi-"

"HE'S BREAKING THE DRESS CODE! PAINT THE WALLS IN HIS BLOOD!"

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Made 10 avatars for use. Enjoy!

bXplk.jpg
nhrE3.jpg
CpCYd.jpg
SyyPF.jpg
KttNS.jpg

SgD29.jpg
6xEbD.jpg
fASfd.jpg
XUBb3.jpg
fKA1d.jpg

iWhDXfDBxGfJb.gif

ANYONE ELSE!?

KuGsj.gif
And that's why you don't drink milk directly out of the carton.
http://www.hitmanforum.com/index.php/topic/57037-contracts-mode-now-free-to-play/

Looks like Contracts mode no longer requires the online pass. If you're not in America, you'll need the pass, but it won't cost anything on the store.
Cool.
This game fails to live up to the Hitman legacy. Pre-order canceled.

A.I. In absolution is really good on higher difficulties.

Contracts mode...damn this is addicting

Name: I am the law

Level: small House ( no spoiler. I changed the name)
Disguise: The judge
Weapon: Sniper Rifle

Lol

A.I. In absolution is really good on higher difficulties.

Contracts mode...damn this is addicting

Name: I am the law

Level: small House ( no spoiler. I changed the name)
Disguise: The judge
Weapon: Sniper Rifle

Lol

Yes, I think its going to keep fans busy for hours. I already have my Contracts mission planned for the court level. I'm calling it "Judge, Jury, Electrocutioner"

RevDM

Banned

Xaer0 an hour ago
How has the rating system changed in Hitman Absolution? Is the criteria still the same for rankings such as Silent Assassin?

Tore_IO @Xaer0 an hour ago
It's slightly different, but still the same basic criteria: be silent, unseen, leave no trace and make the kill look like an accident if you can. However we have worked a lot of the scoring system as we know Hitman players are highly competitive and we wanted to give them a system that was possible to understand as opposed to the pretty obscure Blood Money ratings.

what

jimi_dini

Tore_IO @Xaer0 an hour ago
It's slightly different, but still the same basic criteria: be silent, unseen, leave no trace and make the kill look like an accident if you can. However we have worked a lot of the scoring system as we know Hitman players are highly competitive and we wanted to give them a system that was possible to understand as opposed to the pretty obscure Blood Money ratings.

What

and RevDMs what as well.

Foffy

Banned
Ranking system was pretty straightforward.

Witnesses
Evidence (bullet casings)
Suit left behind?
Hits other than the target
Shots fired

There was more to it. Far more, and I think it's those obscure things (like specific rankings by using specific attires/weapons) is what's been taken out.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Guessing he means the special ratings there, some of which were

The Russian Hare
Insane Florist
Sushi Chef
Slugger
Frenzied Firefighter
Evil Eye Gouger
Electrocuter
Dr. Death

Etc.

It was also somewhat confusing beyond the SA rankings. The amount of noise compared to violence mattered, so for more lethal playthroughs it was hard to get a consistent rating even if you were aiming for it.

JambiBum

Found a stream playthrough on twitch. Here It's the first hour or so of the game. The cutscenes are there so if you want to skip them just skip ahead in the video. There's also more videos on the guy's page which I haven't watched yet but most of them are an hour or more.

This one is better because of the way he's playing. The first stream was a test run apparently.

jimi_dini

Guessing he means the special ratings there, some of which were

Etc.

It was also somewhat confusing beyond the SA rankings.

It would call those funny. I don't see a problem at all. Reminded me of Metal Gear Solid rankings. They were funny to figure out. And instead of removing those, they could just added a list with all of them and a description, how to get them (sort of like Trophies/Achievements). Would have been lame, but removing them altogether is even more lame. They didn't hurt anyone. I mean giving out points - why? Is there a highscore board? And even if, why bother. Hitman was never competitive.

jimi_dini

PC Gamer posts an advertorial for Hitman Absolution, "you should be gagging to get your leather-gloved killing fingers on this hotly anticipated follow-up." Meanwhile, they give it a 62/100 review with a warning to players to NOT buy it.

ozUSV.gif

Geoff approves

I saw the Conan Clueless Gamer review, and even though I know never to judge a game based on a Clueless Gamer review, but after how bad RE6 looked in his review, I was shocked to see how bad this game looked.

I was thinking about getting this, but I'm not so sure now. It looked so dumbed down.

Advertorials are written by marketing. They're just adverts that have the appearance of editorial. It's common and not any more insidious than a standard advert, unless you think that marketers fooling you into thinking that an advert is editorial is insidi- oh. Wait.

justjim89

I saw the Conan Clueless Gamer review, and even though I know never to judge a game based on a Clueless Gamer review, but after how bad RE6 looked in his review, I was shocked to see how bad this game looked.

I was thinking about getting this, but I'm not so sure now. It looked so dumbed down.

He was almost assuredly playing on easy. And Hitman games have always been the type that are really transformed by the difficulty level.

Top Bottom