• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman: Absolution |OT| Police do not suspect Blood Money is involved.

Foffy

Banned
I would ease up a little on that man. Hyping it up way too much. It seems some people are just waiting to find something about this game to tear it apart.

It's a great looking game...for people who like bloom. Not ragging...I love the look too. Certain levels looks like they are dead on representative of the concept art. I just think there are going to be some people you it will bother and wish they could turn it off or something.

I'm quite sure the PC version will be a stunner, if that helps.

I completed 10 or so missions. If anyone is curious about anything, please do ask. (Except the graphics, because of a thief i am playing on a really shitty TV).

Uhm. Not to sound defensive, but if that was directed to me, I just pointed out what I felt was wrong with the game. I dunno why people actually thought I had played it.

No seriously that wasn't directed at you. And not just Gaf. Hitman seems to be just one of those games that fans are ready to lash out at if certain things aren't gotten right.

On Disguises for example in an area with say chefs and guards, if you subdue/kill the chef and take his outfit you can walk around without the guards noticing you even up close. Guards will still spot blood on floor and be on alert etc...

If true, that's some MGS footsteps level shit!

I think the GlacierEngine2 is really awesome and yeah, it's one of the best looking games of the current gen. Best looking third party game? Hmm...yes (imo!)

iNQDS2S8FLtEJ.gif

Dazzyman

It's not that stunning looking, certainly no Uncharted 3. Good but not jaw dropping. It's the environmental elements that are fantastic like loads of people wandering around a market place.
(360 that is expect PC with DX11 will look much better)

How about this?

Name: Revenge of the chipmunk
Level: Streets of hope
Disguise: Chipmunk
Weapons: Kill 3 targets (incl. one police officer) with explosives at once
Other: Remain undetected, don't change clothes.

Hah I love this. Genius.

I'd play this. Contracts is going to be so great. It really is the perfect way to include a multiplayer element in a Hitman game.

Dazzyman

Been playing this for 12hrs now on and off, seeing as my damn heart, disability and pain means another joyous sleepless night and vomiting! (UK)

Loving the way there's loads of ways to kill people with the environment and items. Decided to poison someone's drugs on a restart of whole game now I understand it perfectly and made a nice clean getaway.

If your playing for score it doesn't half punish you for unnecessary and out in open kills.

Love it :)

"Several key assassinations remove your freedom and arbitrarily usher you into slow-motion point shooting. These are short and disappointing moments, requiring no skill and providing no tension--and thus diminishing any sense of payoff."

Whoever came up with that idea needs a kick in the balls. The AI also sounds terrible, not bad as stealth games usually have to have a bit dumb enemies but just terrible.

Dazzyman

"Several key assassinations remove your freedom and arbitrarily usher you into slow-motion point shooting. These are short and disappointing moments, requiring no skill and providing no tension--and thus diminishing any sense of payoff."

Whoever came up with that idea needs a kick in the balls. The AI also sounds terrible, not bad as stealth games usually have to have a bit dumb enemies but just terrible.

Load of crap

This may be a really dumb question but I've never played this series: can you do a no-kill run? If not, is it about killing people in elaborate ways or not getting caught?

So... what the hell is up with this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfbnSIpFm9I

How the hell does that earn him a Silent Assassin rating?

I think developers made a terrible mistake by allowing SA rating to be available for all difficulty settings. If you notice he is playing Normal. This has been criticized numerous times for being dumbed beyond imagination. You want true Hitman experience, you start with Expert.

This may be a really dumb question but I've never played this series: can you do a no-kill run? If not, is it about killing people in elaborate ways or not getting caught?

You obviously shouldn't get caught, it will decrease your score. Also, staging assassinations as accidents will increase your score. Therefore you should try to combine the two.

MMaRsu

Oh, I read 6.5 at first...man...the actual score is still too low but okay.

Other scores:

Danish gamereactor: 9/10
Gameplay.dk 9/10
Dutch power unlimited: 9.6/10

Source: hitmanforum.com

Yea power unlimited is a bastion of good reviews. I remember when they gave mario kart a 6 (snes).

This game aint no 9. Its a solid 8 but there are plenty of complaints. 7.5 seems about right.

And yeah being funneled into a slow motion shootout is fucking stupid.

CloudWolf

Dutch power unlimited: 9.6/10
I'm not saying you're wrong, but most gamers in The Netherlands would laugh at you if you use the Power Unlimited to back up your "this game is amazing"-claim. They are even worse than IGN at reviewing games. For instance, they gave Assassin's Creed 1 a 9.9/10.

MMaRsu

It's not bad. It's a very polished game. The quality shines through but in gameplay design it's veering too much towards Splinter Cell. I really hate the choices they made toward introducing cover, making levels that want you as the player to use this cover and the changes introduced to the disguise system.

I will say this, Blood Money is overall the much better game, and I think I can safely say that. Especially in terms of level design, and the amount of freedom you have. Not to mention the soundtrack and even the story. The story is fucking stupid from what I've seen of it so far, and the side characters annoying as hell. I love the mission descriptions done by 47 himself but they bury it in an optional ( press select ) menu.

From the beginning of the game, 47 almost has nothing to work with. As you can't select weapons before you go on a mission, I havent been able to use stuff like syringes or many other trademark 47 equipment. Yes you can carry disposable items like bottles, wrenches, pipes and you can even find a syringe. But you can only carry one disposable item so you can't keep the syringe. Also, I know I played on hard but how can a goon with the same disguise as me know I'm not part of his crew from waaaay across a room? Shit doesnt make sense.

Dr Dogg

Surprisingly my copy turned up today, even more weird as I haven't been charged or sent a dispatch email.

Don't know if this is a worldwide promo or just for Europe but the first thing in front of me when I opened up the case was an offer for Rustlers range of grim, microwavable food. Is this becoming a de facto practice from publishers that people who play games crave junk food?

iNvid02

Surprisingly my copy turned up today, even more weird as I haven't been charged or sent a dispatch email.

Don't know if this is a worldwide promo or just for Europe but the first thing in front of me when I opened up the case was an offer for Rustlers range of grim, microwavable food. Is this becoming a de facto practice from publishers that people who play games crave junk food?

http://www.rustlersonline.com/

rustlers are fucking disgusting, then again so is mountain dew sugar in a bottle. doritos are ok but too messy, would never go near em when playing games

RevDM

Banned
Guys... I cancelled my pre order again...

estimated date was Nov 26 w/ 2 day shipping so I cancelled and re preordered again with one day shipping to get on release date ;)

It's not bad. It's a very polished game. The quality shines through but in gameplay design it's veering too much towards Splinter Cell. I really hate the choices they made toward introducing cover, making levels that want you as the player to use this cover and the changes introduced to the disguise system.

I will say this, Blood Money is overall the much better game, and I think I can safely say that. Especially in terms of level design, and the amount of freedom you have. Not to mention the soundtrack and even the story. The story is fucking stupid from what I've seen of it so far, and the side characters annoying as hell. I love the mission descriptions done by 47 himself but they bury it in an optional ( press select ) menu.

From the beginning of the game, 47 almost has nothing to work with. As you can't select weapons before you go on a mission, I havent been able to use stuff like syringes or many other trademark 47 equipment. Yes you can carry disposable items like bottles, wrenches, pipes and you can even find a syringe. But you can only carry one disposable item so you can't keep the syringe. Also, I know I played on hard but how can a goon with the same disguise as me know I'm not part of his crew from waaaay across a room? Shit doesnt make sense.

Which mission number are you up to?

I'm not saying you're wrong, but most gamers in The Netherlands would laugh at you if you use the Power Unlimited to back up your "this game is amazing"-claim. They are even worse than IGN at reviewing games. For instance, they gave Assassin's Creed 1 a 9.9/10.

Damn right. The quality of PU has become really bad over the years :/

Top Bottom