• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman: Absolution |OT| Police do not suspect Blood Money is involved.

Jesus, how do you do the outside of the train station? I'm trying to do a suit run but I am convinced that it isn't even possible here. So many cops surrounding me at all angles and the game's hint of "standing still" to blend in is total bullshit.

I actually found it wasn't too bad on Hard; when you see a large group of people standing still you can blend with them (use instinct briefly to see if it's working – the group around you will all have a blue outline if so), but more importantly use the "hide" spots (which were mostly those skill tester machines from memory) wherever you can.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Apparently people are already managing crazy suit only runs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laRG7lwCXNc

This guy's running on some extremely low difficulty isn't he? His instinct never drains when he uses it and there are half the guards. I'm doing it on Expert, and there are at least 3 cops I run into after the first batch of civilians who catch me almost instantly. It's exactly like that GIF posted earlier with the view bubbles and 47 turning left and right.

This guy's running on some extremely low difficulty isn't he? His instinct never drains when he uses it and there are half the guards. I'm doing it on Expert, and there are at least 3 cops I run into after the first batch of civilians who catch me almost instantly. It's exactly like that GIF posted earlier with the view bubbles and 47 turning left and right.
It's either Normal or Easy, because on Hard there are way more cops than that. Does Normal get the Instinct hints, or is that only Easy? Because you can clearly see the Instinct Hints in the vid.

I'm at Terminus right now, so not too far. I'm having a lot of fun with this. I replayed the Chinatown mission like seven times finding ways to off The King. Too funny.

I love the dialogue in this game. It does a great job of making the world feel "lived in". Visuals look gorgeous.

Exodus

Banned
I don't like how the disguise system works.

I barely use instinct to avoid people wearing the same uniform as me. The comedy of this is as someone mentioned. It is less suspicious for you to sneak and stay in cover than it is to walk casually. It's like Denzel Washington would have known that it was Gerard Butler walking past him in the lobby at the end of Inside Man. There's a reason for disguises and they made it totally impossible to retain one.

With this game it makes more sense to stand out than to look the same.

I love the game but the disguise system is just not enjoyable at all. The sneaking system is the priority choice for any situation and pretending to be normal is a last resort. You could be wearing a full on masked disguise where they could not tell at all that it is you but they do so anyway.

Put me down as love/hate it. I have to stop playing every 2 levels because I know the next level is going to be more frustration from the feeling that I should be able to walk around and observe. I spend more time just sitting there in detective mode watching than actually enjoying the environments.

Jintor

The sandboxes have these glimpses of Blood Money's greatness though and then they take it away and you gotta sneak from point a to point b again grrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaarghhhhhhhh

I don't understand this game sometimes, what's the point of playing a stealthily and non-violently in an environment only filled with hostiles? There's no reason not to kill "non-targets" when they're all murder psycho douchebags.

Jintor

>Every goon in the building is wearing face-covering masks
>Take disguise
>Leave mask behind

You're a terrible Hitman, 47.

Exodus

Banned
>Every goon in the building is wearing face-covering masks
>Take disguise
>Leave mask behind

You're a terrible Hitman, 47.

I know exactly what you mean. I could not figure out for the life of me why. I am thinking in-game cutscene mask stuff just wasn't jiving.

I kinda dig the snub nose. Walking into the lobby with a popped collar, loose tie, drenched in the rain, and gunning down a couple of gangsters feels so... noirish/pulpy. I reset so I can do it more stealthily, but that just felt awesome.

Exodus

Banned
I just did something like eight unavoidable QTE fights through a bar fight.

They're all avoidable.

Washroom -> Take this guys disguise.
Crawl through washroom vent -> Walk out and stand still in the crowd or go into cover.
As you make a reverse S path through the bar, at the last part where you have to sneak past a staff member use instinct.

Done.

Jintor

So checkpoints don't actually save the enemies that you've already taken out... got surprised by a goon that I stashed in the closet earlier who had respawned and wandered down the stairs at exactly the right time to fuck me over.

I don't understand this game sometimes, what's the point of playing a stealthily and non-violently in an environment only filled with hostiles? There's no reason not to kill "non-targets" when they're all murder psycho douchebags.

Yeah I'm up to
Rosewood
and at this point I'm gong to kill as many of them as I can, as horribly as I can, on sheer principle.

Lizardus

So few questions:

I preorered from GMG and only got a code for the game 2 days ago. I never got a code for the Sniper Challenge. I havent had a chance to check but can I play the Sniper Challenge in the main game?

Double D

So few questions:

I preorered from GMG and only got a code for the game 2 days ago. I never got a code for the Sniper Challenge. I havent had a chance to check but can I play the Sniper Challenge in the main game?

No Sniper Challenge from GMG if you are in the US. And no, It's not in the main game. At least not that I can tell.

God I love
orphanages
and the copious amounts of fire axes they leave lying around. This is carthartic.
Yeah when I wrote that comment I was specifically thinking of them :)

For people complaining about the disguise system, enemy AI or whatever let your voice be heard on the hitman forum. Devs are reading. There is a chance we might get something fixed.

http://www.hitmanforum.com/index.php/forum/70-hitman-absolution/

I'm wondering if the in-game upgrade system will improve the disguises the more you play; certainly the borderline impossible melee QTE system was fine once I got the first melee upgrade.

I haven't really had a good look at the upgrades yet.

The point is the same as in every stealth game ever - avoid direct confrontation and proceed directly to your target.

Finished all the challenges for Mission 1. The game is incredible.

TheD

The Detective
So checkpoints don't actually save the enemies that you've already taken out... got surprised by a goon that I stashed in the closet earlier who had respawned and wandered down the stairs at exactly the right time to fuck me over.

WTF! That is stupid!

I was going to buy this game, even with some of the crap it has, but this is way too far!
It is dead simple to keep track of something as simple as what state the enemies are in when you hit the checkpoint!

Jintor

Other cool things: enemies will notice blood pools. Didn't think that texture meant anything, but blargh. This is legit cool though, means even with knives or syringes you can't just go around backstabbing dudes every time.

Turning on a radio and waiting for goons to come one-by-one around a corner and creating a pile of bodies works fine though

What in the fuck, I can barely do ANYTHING in the orphanage level. There are so many guards and no disguises anywhere and fucking guards who actually don't patrol anywhere, they just stand in one place forever. I got stuck in a goddamn wardrobe because this guard just waddled up in front of it and then stood there for 10 minutes.

There has to be some shortcut or disguise that I am missing, because right now it seems impossible to move anywhere without being found.

TheD

The Detective
That's not a valid excuse lol.

Yeah, it is not.

I only this year played Bloody Money for the first time.
I don't mind if it is not all Bloody Money type levels, but I do mind stupid shit like the checkpoint problem, it is stuff they would tell you not to do in game design 101!

That's not a valid excuse lol.

It is? If your problem are respawning enemies try the mission without checkpoints. The segments are short enough that it won't take you more than 10 minutes for any segment, it's not like you will be starting from the very beginning.

What is the recommended difficulty ?

Expert. A lot of people are complaining about respawning enemies when you spawn at a checkpoint in a given section. Expert turns off all the checkpoints and simply spawns you at the beginning of each section (not at a beginning of a given level!).

What is the recommended difficulty ?

if you're a hitman vet, I would recommend hard. if you're not, normal or easy so you can become accustomed to the game and don't find it overly hard during some of the latter stages, which are terrible but that's just my opinion.

so in short, hard if you're a vet, easy to normal if you're not.

What in the fuck, I can barely do ANYTHING in the orphanage level. There are so many guards and no disguises anywhere and fucking guards who actually don't patrol anywhere, they just stand in one place forever. I got stuck in a goddamn wardrobe because this guard just waddled up in front of it and then stood there for 10 minutes.

There has to be some shortcut or disguise that I am missing, because right now it seems impossible to move anywhere without being found.

I plan to just kill everyone (villainous) in this level. My rules for the first play through are silent as possible, no killing civvies or cops, but obvious bad guys are fair game.

MMaRsu

It is? If your problem are respawning enemies try the mission without checkpoints. The segments are short enough that it won't take you more than 10 minutes for any segment, it's not like you will be starting from the very beginning.

Expert. A lot of people are complaining about respawning enemies when you spawn at a checkpoint in a given section. Expert turns off all the checkpoints and simply spawns you at the beginning of each section (not at a beginning of a given level!).

The game was fucking annoying enough on hard, you think I'm going to play on expert with extra enemies? ><. It doesnt make sense for previous DEAD people to respawn at a checkpoint. Let's say I take some dudes clothes and kill him, then hit a checkpoint. I die and reload and I still have his clothes but the guy I just killed and took them from he lives again with new clothes!

><

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Which were fuses.

I killed everyone in that mission. Every. Single. Person.

If you are playing on Expert, you absolutely cannot beat the mission without killing people. Preferably everyone.

The game was fucking annoying enough on hard, you think I'm going to play on expert with extra enemies? ><.
><

I'm sorry, I got an impression this game was dumbed down for mass audience and we are all Hitman vets here. Oh, that's right, you want I-win disguise system from Blood Money. My bad, carry on.

derFeef

I can see the disguise system going on my nerves, it did a bit on Terminus before I went to bed, but so is everyone saying that the game is too hard now?

I'm sorry, I got an impression this game was dumbed down for mass audience and we are all Hitman vets here. Oh, that's right, you want I-win disguise system from Blood Money. My bad, carry on.

there was nothing 'I win' about the disguise mechanic in blood money. it actually made a lot more sense than the disguise mechanic in this game. did you play it on easy or something? because on the higher difficulties, there was certainly nothing 'I win' about it. or is this hyperbole / exaggeration? actually, I'm positive it is.

TheD

The Detective

Don't act like a baby just because someone does not like something you do.

mxgt

Banned
I switched from Expert to Hard in the end.

Expert isn't the challenging kind of hard, it's the infuriating bullshit kind of hard.

The gunplay here is a lot better than it was in Kane & Lynch 2, shootouts are pretty fun whenever you choose to roleplay the T-800 cleaning out the police station in Terminator 1. Couple of chumps were taking cover behind a leather couch and I just unloaded with a shotgun to find that bullets penetrate certain surfaces.

there was nothing 'I win' about the disguise mechanic in blood money. it actually made a lot more sense than the disguise mechanic in this game. did you play it on easy or something? because on the higher difficulties, there was certainly nothing 'I win' about it. or is this hyperbole / exaggeration? actually, I'm positive it is.

No, disguise system in BM was about finding the disguise that can get you undetected through the whole level e.g. Secret Service agent, bodyguard, etc. Once you got that you were free to roam the level and set up ambushes the way you liked, all difficulty at that moment disappeared. In this game you have to be constantly aware of your surroundings and react to any changes in the environment. Way harder and way more realistic.

Don't act like a baby just because someone does not like something you do.

The same can be said about people posting the opposite.

Top Bottom