• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman: Absolution |OT| Police do not suspect Blood Money is involved.

Finished the game. So,
Diana is still alive, and 47 back to the Agency.

Well it was a good game but no way I'm gonna replay it like I did with Blood Money.
Hope the next Hitman game don't take that long to release though.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Also, nobody could swim, so on that Drug Rehab mission you could totally just shove one of the guys in the pool and if you were fast enough nobody would notice.

You could kill the one target by pushing him in extremely shallow Jacuzzi water. Instant death, lol.

Another thing I appreciate about Absolution is that it's mostly free from the spontaneous BS that was always present in the older games. All the times in Hitman 2 of random, GUARDS NOW SEARCHING FOR SUSPICIOUS BALD MAN, or in Blood Money when there are mystery witnesses being recorded in the mission results screen.

That shit was annoying, yeah. To this day I'm still not sure if the dog in You Better Watch Out counts as a witness, because sometimes it sure as hell seemed like it.

Mr Swine

Banned
Ugh, how do you kill the king in the second level? I try to snipe him and all guards know its me. Even if I suit up as a police man they kill me (playing on expert)

I dressed as a chef then set off fireworks and was able to move through the convenience store unnoticed in the smoke. Great moment ruined by the very next room containing extremely suspicious chefs who spot me almost immediately. What the fuck at this disguise system, I know I keep saying it, but it fucking blows. There's a lot of awesome in this game muddled by some strange decisions.

derFeef

Ugh, how do you kill the king in the second level? I try to snipe him and all guards know its me. Even if I suit up as a police man they kill me (playing on expert)

Be more patient, listen what he says and does etc. :) Some easy ways to do it.

I dressed as the drug dealer and fooled him into my knife

leng jai

I'm really enjoying this game even though I'm basically playing it like Gears of War with copious amounts of stealth. The mechanics are solid enough and the graphics are just crazy.

Don't understand the praise for the sound design though - it's pretty mediocre. Guns sound horrible and the volumes levels are uneven. Soundtrack is just okay - certainly not something you'd go out of your way to listen to outside of the game.

justjim89

You could kill the one target by pushing him in extremely shallow Jacuzzi water. Instant death, lol.

That shit was annoying, yeah. To this day I'm still not sure if the dog in You Better Watch Out counts as a witness, because sometimes it sure as hell seemed like it.

*Security guard takes security tape*

"What? I'll see you burn in hell for this, you son of a bitch!"

Honestly I can't play Blood Money for 30 minutes anymore without some of it's jank pissing me off. Love the game, but it's like when you date someone long enough and all their faults become accentuated. And Blood Money, although she was a pretty girl when we met, is now an ugly old bag with saggy tits.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I actually loved this mission... it was a pressure valve release for me. I spent all the previous levels being stealthy as fuck, not killing anyone except targets (one in particular seriously deserved what he got). When I got to Rosewood and saw what these pricks were up to...

God may forgive, but I
and 47
sure as fuck don't.

600px-machete-sw3000udqc7.jpg

I knew I should have listened. Filling up a bloody ball pit later.

Hindle

Banned
So... If they go away from the sandbox levels even further, I take it people will be happy? I say this this because everyone seems to be liking the game.

rvy

Banned
:D I've read a few surprising comments so thought I'd ask.

How is it surprising that people find this to be a good game?

I would also like to know how this being a good game means that people want to move away from the sandbox style gameplay, when that has been the common complaint from people who, nevertheless, have been able to enjoy the game?

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
So... If they go away from the sandbox levels even further, I take it people will be happy? I say this this because everyone seems to be liking the game.

In some ways I like this more than murder puzzles, because I am a huge stealth game fan and this is one of the better ones that has come out in a while. I do like those old murder puzzles though and it would be sad to see them go away completely.

SJRB

Gold Member
Just finished Terminus and Run For Your Life, and it was AWESOME.

I am thoroughly enjoying the graphical style of this game, the gritty atmosphere is amazing. I agree with everyone saying the detection parameters on disguises needs to get dialed back, but this game is crazy in the graphics department.

The part with the helicopter annoyed me to no end, I had to restart 15 times before I got it right. But damn if the train station wasn't one of the coolest/most impressive things I've seen in a long time. Contrary to games like Assassin's Creed, where a fully armed hooded man can blend in with a group of noblemen no problem, it was refreshing to see this kind of social stealth and blending.

Such a stylish game.

Terra_Ex

Another thing I appreciate about Absolution is that it's mostly free from the spontaneous BS that was always present in the older games. All the times in Hitman 2 of random, GUARDS NOW SEARCHING FOR SUSPICIOUS BALD MAN, or in Blood Money when there are mystery witnesses being recorded in the mission results screen.
Yes, on Expert and above this has been replaced with "the bald guy did it, kill him, kill him now!" no matter what the crime.

lol, keep contracts mode and bring back a couple of missing elements from classic hitman and we should be in business.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Papercuts got a great tag quoting my nonsense. Well played, EatChildren (?)

anyway, just played the bar fight and gun shop. The gun shop was surprisingly fun.

Zeliard

subdue electrician unseen, dump him in a box, another electrician randomly comes running over, "body found", guards alerted

wut

I do not approve of your methods, finicky game.

subdue electrician unseen, dump him in a box, another electrician randomly comes running over, "body found", guards alerted

wut

Electricians are all telepathically connected to the electrician hive mind, just so you know. Hurt one and they all feel the pain. Another example of this game's attention to detail.

Zeliard

Electricians are all telepathically connected to the electrician hive mind, just so you know. Hurt one and they all feel the pain. Another example of this game's attention to detail.

These electricians are clearly asking for an introduction to the toaster bath.

We've come to an understanding, game.

Xander51

I finished Run for Your Life. Managed to get through the helicopter part on the first try, though it certainly helped that I'd watched the old E3 demo.

There's a nice little joke near the end of the level about a character who was removed from the game, but showed up in that E3 demo walkthrough. It was a weirdly specific detail to put in there, and I liked that.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
so, am I the only one who had a massive performance drop in the "second phase" of the hotel level? What is setting this off? PC version.

wut

That one's actually your fault for not seeing the railing above that the electrician looks over.

The train station level is so stupid. The police recognise members of the riot squad in full uniform?! And you rely almost entirely on the instinct meter on Expert. Especially getting onto and off of the bridge. I think it's impossible to get off and into the crowd on the other side without it (unless you have something to throw to make the officer on the right side of the platform turn his back).

Zeliard

That one's actually your fault for not seeing the railing above that the electrician looks over.

I did in fact notice him on my first attempt while scoping things out and gauging NPC timings, but later I took the electrician on the bottom out before the other guy peered over to chat to him. I never got the alert that anyone saw anything, so I dunno. If he thought it was fishy that his buddy wasn't down there, that still wouldn't explain why he'd think to look inside a box.

Again, toaster bath. They have it coming.

Top Bottom