• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman: Absolution |OT| Police do not suspect Blood Money is involved.

Are you guys checking the solution to the challenges online or try to figure it out on your own? I love to check if I completed the challenge, but sometimes it can be rather frustrating.

Fucking christ, what were they thinking with those checkpoints? Many (all?) of them are absolutely useless! The one at the beginning of the Hawaiian hotel mission resets you in such a poor state that you might as well just restart the mission.

Spoilers about said mission and the checkpoint:
Before the checkpoint I had smoked one of the saints and a guard, hidden both their bodies and got the guard's clothes. My instinct was brimming and I could have done anything I wanted. I didn't end up using any and killed the second target, then went to the exit and got seen at the very last second picking the goddamn door lock. Cue my restart.

I start back at the top of the stairs with a scrap of instinct and the conversation that is distracting all the guards down stairs doesn't even occur! So they're all walking around patrolling the place and I'm left with a millisecond of instinct because the checkpoints are garbage.

Yes, I know the checkpoint is not very far from the beginning of that level, but they really shouldn't work like this.

KAP151

Still waitng on SE to fix this fucking save bug.

Coming up on a week since release and they are still sitting on there ass.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Played the first introduction mission. Walked around like the terminator and shot everyone in the head. Easy.

on to Chinatown

ibmnrb99BgwNxy.gif

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Walking around a
cornfield dressed as a scarecrow
, hunting people with a knife, might just be the best thing I've ever played. Glad I stuck with it and discovered that gem.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I think he meant for SP campaign. So no, the dlc is useless. Ballers remain the best weapon. I have the Bartoli Custom and it sucks.

Yeah that's what I meant. So you can't use the dlc weapons in regular single player story campaign then?

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Are you guys checking the solution to the challenges online or try to figure it out on your own? I love to check if I completed the challenge, but sometimes it can be rather frustrating.

I had too look up the judgement day one at the
Courthouse

Walking around a
cornfield dressed as a scarecrow
, hunting people with a knife, might just be the best thing I've ever played. Glad I stuck with it and discovered that gem.

Where the fuck do you find that D_D

Beat the game last night. As the game moves along, it started to feel more and more like Hitman to me. Very close to Contracts in regards to atmosphere. Beautiful game visually, technically. I see the issues but don't think that they make the game terrible (it's a fantastic stealth game, and an 'average' Hitman game to me). Some really great levels in there that do take on the spirit of Blood Money, you just have to be willing to take your time with it.

What more can I say really? Pros and cons have been covered over and over; I really enjoyed the game and the ending felt good :I.

Interfectum

Beat the game last night. As the game moves along, it started to feel more and more like Hitman to me. Very close to Contracts in regards to atmosphere. Beautiful game visually, technically. I see the issues but don't think that they make the game terrible (it's a fantastic stealth game, and an 'average' Hitman game to me). Some really great levels in there that do take on the spirit of Blood Money, you just have to be willing to take your time with it.

What more can I say really? Pros and cons have been covered over and over; I really enjoyed the game and the ending felt good :I.

I haven't beat the game yet but this pretty much sums up my opinion.

For all it's flaws the game is still fun as hell. This and Sleepy Dogs will be fighting for my coveted GOTY award.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Where the fuck do you find that D_D

the knife? it's in the hotel before that part. You have to bring it with you between levels.

It's so fun, I terrorized their ass with it. It was a proper horror movie.

I think now I've stopped trying to play it like Blood Money I'm actually having a lot of fun with it.

One problem I had that forgot to mention was when I dropped a chandelier on a cop's head he just stood there and looked up at the ceiling as if nothing happened. Either his hat is chandelier proof or it's a bug. Has anyone had this happen before?

vidcons

Banned
It's probably been getting worked on for awhile but concept art is usually floating around fairly early in development, possibly beforehand as part of the pitch.

Going to get a lot of mileage out of those cop uniforms.

That's okay, I need more.

Foffy

Banned
So I found out over at the gamefaqs forums someone made a mod/trainer to fix the detect system some of the users are saying it fixes the complaints

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/943496-hitman-absolution/64739273

I might try this later. I know trainers are usually frowned upon, but if the system mods the game to the disguise system being like older games, this will be one of the few times I'd be happy for such a modification. I'm sure that would raise the game to a far higher level for people like me who simply think the disguise system is pretty weaksauce.

Foffy

Banned
Oooo!

Going to download this.

Does this interfere with challenges and the like at all?

What exactly is "a trainer."

A trainer is like...if you used a cheat device on a console, it's like that, but it's usually designed with one game in mind. It can offer infinite health, ammo, score...lots of stuff.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Just finished Prologue. Please tell me it's the only mission that forces you to kill, and use instinct.

Instinct is a part of blend, so you will have to do that. You can disable seeing them through walls/their pathways, though. You never have to point shoot or kill anyone aside from your targets after that.

the knife? it's in the hotel before that part. You have to bring it with you between levels.

It's so fun, I terrorized their ass with it. It was a proper horror movie.

I think now I've stopped trying to play it like Blood Money I'm actually having a lot of fun with it.

There's another segment later on that was just as fun as the scarecrow in the cornfield to me. I just beat it last night and my early opinion is Hunter and Hunted, Birdie's Gift, Death Factory, Attack of the Saints, and Blackwater Park are some of my favorite missions here. Some of them possibly being my favorite in the series.

justjim89

The trainer sounds really interesting. But I'm tempted to try and beat the game first as it shipped. Plus IO said it was working on tweaking the detection system, so it'll be interesting to see what the actual developers do to it.

Finished the game on Hard over the weekend, took me close to 16 hours. Got Silent Assassin a handful of times too. Absolution is certainly a worthy title in the Hitman series. I'm sort of indifferent to the disguise system. I more or less just played to the game's rules and had a ton of fun doing so. I'm just thankful we still have Hitman games to play. Very much looking forward to future releases.

Time to play Contracts mode.

Oooo!

Going to download this.

Does this interfere with challenges and the like at all?

What exactly is "a trainer."
They alter memory something something. And then this happens.
options.jpg

That's Menu 1. That thing is ridiculous.

IO will probably be a bit huffy about things like this messing up their leaderboards. So I suppose they might do something there.

not sure if posted but

http://www.abload.de/img/78uhoii.png[/QUOTE]
I've had the game lock up (or get stuck in a loop maybe) on me twice when reloading a checkpoint. No corruption yet, but it's somewhat disconcerting when that happens.

justjim89

Anyone else looking forward to the inevitable Zero Punctuation review? He's bound to tear the game a new one, especially since he loved Blood Money, but it should be pretty entertaining.

DukeBobby

Anyone else looking forward to the inevitable Zero Punctuation review? He's bound to tear the game a new one, especially since he loved Blood Money, but it should be pretty entertaining.

He'll probably review it either this week or next week. Oh god, he's going to hate it.

And, even though I like the game, I'll probably agree with every word he says.

vidcons

Banned
Hahaha, I closed the trainer before launching the game and ended up just walking straight through Rosewood, only getting detected at the end.

justjim89

He'll probably review it either this week or next week. Oh god, he's going to hate it.

And, even though I like the game, I'll probably agree with every word he says.

Yeah. Zero Punctuation is the best when he reviews a game I love. SSBB, Zelda, Fallout, Portal 2. Always entertaining.

Interfectum

added this to OP:

jrlrWzOr45FL.jpg

** This section was last updated on November 26th, 2012 **

IO on the checkpoint system:
We are aware the user-activated checkpoint system is proving to not live up to the ideas behind it but as it stands, crafting a different save system is something that we cannot easily do. I can understand the frustration that this leads to for people wanting to rely on the system but I don't think we can reasonably call the devs lazy, to be fair.

We have relayed the feedback to the live team and we'll see what can be done but, to be honest, I don't believe this will be fixed as things stand right now.

IO on disguises, checkpoints and quality of life issues:
Disguises are already being worked on now, as are a number of other quality elements. I don't believe the user-activated checkpoints will be reworked as that's actually a huge task, despite what it might feel like.

IO on crashes and save corruption:
Hi folks

I just wanted to give you a heads-up on the random crash/corrupted save issue that we've been seeing a few reports on.

Right now the team is working around the clock on a fix for this - it's a top priority for us.

We're sorry for the frustration this is causing for those affected, and we're doing everything we can to get it sorted as quickly as possible.

I'll come back with updates as I have them.

jitZFlF4fsZyu.jpg

Hitman 6 is a sequel to Hitman: Absolution and will be developed by Square Enix Montreal of Square Enix Europe along with Eidos Montreal. If so, this would
make it the only Hitman game so far not being developed by IO Interactive alone (even though Square Enix is credited on Absolution). Square Enix says this
game will be a "premium quality" game for the next generation consoles.

Hitman: Absolution Director discussing Hitman 6 and beyond:
"It’s like with Treyarch and Infinity Ward," Blystad revealed. "You have an IP that has been developed. They will feed off each other, as well as somethings that stand out. I think with these big franchises it takes a long time to develop just one game. If you can, work a little bit in parallel at least and help each other out."

First concept art of Hitman 6 (notice the Square Enix Montreal logo on the bottom right):

jbJ4anHxIIw9F.jpg

Top Bottom