• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homeland: Season 3 - |Pledge Allegiance|

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Probably the best episode of the season. Bearded army guys were awesome and everything in Iraq/Iran was pretty ace. More episodes like this plz.

Carrie get your shit together good god.

Seriously. She was on the verge of tears for the entire episode.

Omzz

i seriously want someone to spaz on carrie. she is getting too annoying

and why did the guy with the best beard have to die :(

lol what, how did they not see the Iranians sneaking up.

And Brody and beard talking about the mission in the cell with no one listening haha

Carrie has become a complete psycho caricature of herself and she needs to go away. Bring her Dad into fix things.

This show man.

trinest

Why have the past few episodes been good? Seriously the second season and the start of the third season are leages behind what the series has suddenly become again.

foxtrot3d

Banned
did i miss the part where they said that. also wouldnt it be too fast to see the light go by...?

I thought knowledge of tracer rounds were common knowledge at this point, I mean they broadcast enough footage from Afghanistan and Iraq and there are enough video games like Battlefield that show them at work. Anywho, no, tracer rounds are not too fast to be unable to detect, in fact the whole purpose is to be able to see them. When using them I believe it's every third bullet is a tracer round and they are used for accuracy purposes, especially at night. Since you can see where your rounds are going you can more accurately judge whether or not you are on target.

Now back on the topic of tonight's episode, it was pretty darn good. The only thing that bothered me of course was crazy Carrie almost breaking down and crying throughout the whole episode. I also laughed at the fact that she seems to not give two shits about the soldiers on the ground and only cares about Brody's well being. I swear if the entire team died in an explosion her first and only question would be "Is Brody okay?" Also, LOL at the way Carrie curses out the White House Chief of Staff as if he's just nobody, seriously how does she get to do these things and just walk into work the next day?

Dany

Banned
I thought knowledge of tracer rounds were common knowledge at this point, I mean they broadcast enough footage from Afghanistan and Iraq and there are enough video games like Battlefield that show them at work. Anywho, no, tracer rounds are not too fast to be unable to detect, in fact the whole purpose is to be able to see them. When using them I believe it's every third bullet is a tracer round and they are used for accuracy purposes, especially at night. Since you can see where your rounds are going you can more accurately judge whether or not you are on target.

Now back on the topic of tonight's episode, it was pretty darn good. The only thing that bothered me of course was crazy Carrie almost breaking down and crying throughout the whole episode. I also laughed at the fact that she seems to not give two shits about the soldiers on the ground and only cares about Brody's well being. I swear if the entire team died in an explosion her first and only question would be "Is Brody okay?"

I thought for games it was because of games but now that you mention it; i do recall news stories with gunfire w/ tracers. But they're multi-colored?

It was a good episode overall, just weird with the reaction shots of Carrie getting worse and worse.

foxtrot3d

Banned
I thought for games it was because of games but now that you mention it; i do recall news stories with gunfire w/ tracers. But they're multi-colored?

Yup, usually it's bright red but they can also be green, orange, and I guess theoretically any color a designer wishes as long as the chemistry is right.

inm8num2

When Brody climbed out of the truck for some reason I thought of Armageddon, when Affleck shows up in the other 'armadillo'.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I wanted to throw something at my TV every time we got a reaction shot of Carrie.

As wacky as it is that Quinn peaked at her medical records, I wish he'd used that information and gotten her removed from the operation. She's a complete fucking wreck and exceedingly unprofessional.

Saul running off to sulk the second they decided to abort the mission.

Saul and Carrie sharing a congratulatory moment because everything worked out in the prelude to a CIA assassination plot.*

Iranian soldiers pulling a 'surprise motherfucker' on everyone.

The CIA has no operatives or friends of any kind in Tehran, so they go inquiring about Fara's uncle? Sounds real smart. Yes, let's entangle the legitimate moderate movement in Iran with a CIA assassination plot. There's like one way for this to go right, and a million ways for it to fail and push Iran further into extremism.

*except for those two Americans and three Iraqis, because who cares, Carrie's baby daddy is still alive!

And Brody and beard talking about the mission in the cell with no one listening haha

Yeah... that was hilariously stupid.

foxtrot3d

Banned
I wanted to throw something at my TV every time we got a reaction shot of Carrie.

As wacky as it is that Quinn peaked at her medical records, I wish he'd used that information and gotten her removed from the operation. She's a complete fucking wreck and exceedingly unprofessional.

Saul and Carrie sharing a congratulatory moment because everything worked out in the prelude to a CIA assassination plot.*

The CIA has no operatives or friends of any kind in Tehran, so they go inquiring about Fara's uncle? Sounds real smart. Yes, let's entangle the legitimate moderate movement in Iran with a CIA assassination plot. There's like one way for this to go right, and a million ways for it to fail and push Iran further into extremism.

*except for those two Americans and three Iraqis, because who cares, Carrie's baby daddy is still alive!

I feel you bro.

inm8num2

Someone on the web should edit random reaction shots of Carrie into random scenarios, like finding out Vader is Luke's father or that the planet of the apes is Earth.

LordCanti

Dem stealthy ranians; Not showing up on infrared.

The plan was ridiculous to begin with, and it's not being helped by random plot devices in the middle of the desert.

"Did you write home to your family?"

"No, but I went and saw my only child; Dana."

Dennis

Banned
Very entertaining episode.

Even if Stealth-Iranians, Saul the Quitter, and blabber-mouth Brody and Beard Guy strains credibility.

foxtrot3d

Banned
"No, but I went and saw my only child; Dana."

1671268-obama_i_see.jpg

At least they gave confirmation that the kid isn't Brody's. Awesome episode. Jevadi had to kill the soldier to protect the operation. He knew he would talk eventually and it keeps up appearances to the Iranians like he is the same old guy. Really no idea what happens next and that's a good thing.

Dan

At least they gave confirmation that the kid isn't Brody's. Awesome episode. Jevadi had to kill the soldier to protect the operation. He knew he would talk eventually and it keeps up appearances to the Iranians like he is the same old guy. Really no idea what happens next and that's a good thing.

Confirmation? Ahahahahaha. That was Carrie trying to get Quinn to shut up and convince him the pregnancy wouldn't be affecting her judgment.

Dysun

Yeah I don't buy the baby not being Brody's at all. Just a throw off to stop Quinn from insisting.

Another great episode, Showtime has to see how much better this show is without the shitty ass family taking up screen time.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I don't get all the Carrie hate. She's a great character and yes, she looks distraught, because she's goddamn bipolar and her emotional stability is fragile. Jesus, you guys are assholes. It's like she gets no credit for making everything possible in the first place...

I do agree with the rest, particularly the bit about that woman's uncle (seriously, the CIA has no one in Tehran? Give me a fucking break), the Iranian stealth ninjas, and Brody and Beard (lol that's his official name now) chatting it up in that cell for all to hear. >_<

Dan

Let's be real though. The timeline doesn't match up. The kid can't be Brody's.

That's what I thought early on, but with how they're treating Carrie and the storyline, and the doctor saying she was 15 weeks along... it's Brody's. This show makes some wacky choices, but they're not going to have the baby be from an encounter with a non-character from between seasons.

kingkitty

I feel bad for the beard men.

I like how Brody simply can't die. No bullet shall hit him. No IED shall maim him. Of course Brody can't die at this point...but that would've be a satisfying twist. A big, complicated season long arc that ends with Brody getting shot in the face because he wanted to run in a serpentine motion towards the Iranian border.

I hate Carrie's face.

Overall, best episode of this season so far.

Preemo

Banned
stealth cloaked, cold blooded reptilian Iranians and their vehicles that cant be detected by satallites looking right at them!

a mine/IED with enough force to hurl that pickup 20 feet into the air, and the following impact, combined, only leaves SuperBrody dazed but the driver is an amputee!

the CIA director walking out of the room for no professional reason while an integral part of the mission has yet to be concluded!

insta-tear bucket Carrie! this pregnancy arc better be concluded in a spontaneous and hasty manner.

Dan

I don't get all the Carrie hate. She's a great character and yes, she looks distraught, because she's goddamn bipolar and her emotional stability is fragile. Jesus, you guys are assholes. It's like she gets no credit for making everything possible in the first place...

She was a great character, until they went all Metroid: Other M on her.

Carrie : Brody :: Samus : Baby

It's not about her looking distraught, it's about why she's distraught, and how she has a one-track mind. She wants Brody safe and sound and absolved of the Langley bombing, except that's a stupid fool's errand considering he's still a known terrorist whether he pressed a trigger or not. He's got a confession video that the world has seen describing his turn against the US and desire to blow people up.

Things she's done this season:
* Jeopardized the Javadi entrapment by spending a day eluding her secret babysitters to force the FBI to find Dana Brody
* Jeopardized the operation with the lawyer by disobeying orders and running into the field to literally disrupt the op
* Let Javadi go run errands instead of following Saul's instructions, thereby allowing him to murder his ex-wife and daughter-in-law
* Jeopardized the entire operation, and at this point in this universe also the CIA's continued existence, by taking Brody off base to meet with Dana
* Now she's pushing to bring Fara's uncle into the mix, which as said before, is disaster in the making
* All of this while constantly putting Brody, his safety, and disproving his involvement with the Langley bombing above everything, while second guessing and disobeying everyone around her who are addressing with relatively bigger and more realistic concerns

She had a few smart moves in the early part of this season when she was being Saul's good little marionette, but on her own, she's been awful. She hasn't initiated any good plans or really successfully done anything smart on her own volition.

It's no longer the complex Carrie from season one (or the first half or so of S2) who was trying to get a handle on her mental issues and her feelings for Brody while butting up against her own clever intellect. There's barely an intellect there now. It's just her blind devotion to a fantasyland idea of America forgiving Brody and letting her raise a baby with him. She's been reduced to a crazy hormonal caricature of Carrie.

foxtrot3d

Banned
She was a great character, until they went all Metroid: Other M on her.

Carrie : Brody :: Samus : Baby

It's not about her looking distraught, it's about why she's distraught, and how she has a one-track mind. She wants Brody safe and sound and absolved of the Langley bombing, except that's a stupid fool's errand considering he's still a known terrorist whether he pressed a trigger or not. He's got a confession video that the world has seen describing his turn against the US and desire to blow people up.

Things she's done this season:
* Jeopardized the Javadi entrapment by spending a day eluding her secret babysitters to force the FBI to find Dana Brody
* Jeopardized the operation with the lawyer by disobeying orders and running into the field to literally disrupt the op
* Let Javadi go run errands instead of following Saul's instructions, thereby allowing him to murder his ex-wife and daughter-in-law
* Jeopardized the entire operation, and at this point in this universe also the CIA's continued existence, by taking Brody off base to meet with Dana
* Now she's pushing to bring Fara's uncle into the mix, which as said before, is disaster in the making
* All of this while constantly putting Brody, his safety, and disproving his involvement with the Langley bombing above everything, while second guessing and disobeying everyone around her who are addressing with relatively bigger and more realistic concerns

She had a few smart moves in the early part of this season when she was being Saul's good little marionette, but on her own, she's been awful. She hasn't initiated any good plans or really successfully done anything smart on her own volition.

It's no longer the complex Carrie from season one (or the first half or so of S2) who was trying to get a handle on her mental issues and her feelings for Brody while butting up against her own clever intellect. There's barely an intellect there now. It's just her blind devotion to a fantasyland idea of America forgiving Brody and letting her raise a baby with him. She's been reduced to a crazy hormonal caricature of Carrie.

Yup, you pretty much nailed it. You also forgot to add *cursing out the White House Chief of Staff. Carrie used to be smart and complex now she has been reduced to "BRODY!" 24/7. She acts totally irrational all the time and doesn't seem to care about the CIA or any of the people in it only about the well being of Brody.

At least the show in the previous episode touched upon this a little when Carrie asked Saul, what he had done to Brody. To which Saul replies: "You know, the assumptions behind that question are so misguided, it's frightening."

Heavy breathing Carrie had another good episode to show of her acting skills & lol at the stealth iranians. The drone cannot watch across boarders obviously.

foxtrot3d

Banned
I wanna talk about the promo for next week's episode,
really Carrie is actually IN Iran? WTF? So, they can't get fucking Brody into the country with a Spec Ops team but Carrie can just waltz her way in and blend right into the country as a fucking white ass girl and nobody questions her presence? I'm sorry wearing a headscarf does not somehow make you invisible, this isn't Assassin's Creed Carrie you're white. You know, there was a reason why that entire Spec Ops team were Arab Americans. This show...

EDIT:
Anywho back on last night's episode, one thing I did like which I don't know if some people noticed, was Brody's smile that creeped across his face as he ran for the Iranian border with bullets flying all around him. Which of course is a call back to that episode when Carrie almost had her cover blown and had to dodge a bunch of pursuers in a crowded market, a smiling creeping across her face as she gets away, she's back doing what she loves and can't help loving it. The same thing is happening with Brody, he's finally a Marine again right in the thick of it and he can't help the fact that he loves this. A nice touch.

CARRIE_SMILE_GIF.gif

uNYgyc9.gif

I wanna talk about the promo for next week's episode,
really Carrie is actually IN Iran? WTF? So, they can't get fucking Brody into the country with a Spec Ops team but Carrie can just waltz her way in and blend right into the country as a fucking white ass girl and nobody questions her presence? I'm sorry wearing a headscarf does not somehow make you invisible, this isn't Assassin's Creed Carrie you're white. You know, there was a reason why that entire Spec Ops team were Arab Americans. This show...

Yeah, I thought the same thing. As if her face wasn't plastered all over the news.

Brody, the man of steel.

Saul and Carrie are happy now but I have the feeling that they will be very sad by the end of the season, let's hope the plot twist is good.

Dany

Banned
I think that was the only viable way that Brody could have entered Iran and become a public figure. Carrie is still CIA, and im sure the public in Iran don't know about her.

foxtrot3d

Banned
I think that was the only viable way that Brody could have entered Iran and become a public figure. Carrie is still CIA, and im sure the public in Iran don't know about her.

Screw the public, the government and military would easily recognize her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom