• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homeland - Season 4 - Sundays on Showtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I just thought it was weird her first reaction was they had been swapped rather than the medicine simply being tainted or her own body was changing somehow. Would have seemed a little more plausible if the blood tests had told her that rather than some instinctive reaction.

I think you can look at it as Carrie knowing that her medication wasn't doing what it's supposed to, plus her constant paranoia. The others are right, you know pretty well how these kinds of drugs impact your state of being, and they don't jump from working to absolutely not working over the course of a day or two. I'd give credit to the show on that count, especially when I wouldn't have been shocked for them to contrive a way for her to stay psychotic for a longer period of time.

Thought this was a pretty tense episode. Was definitely worried for Saul at that fountain.

I haven't been following along with the thread so I'm sure this has been covered extensively before, but why is Carrie's history of mental illness treated as some secret that ISI and Duck Phillips had to discover? Didn't Saul out that publicly in a Senate committee hearing?

Carrie's name was never disclosed to the public. Closed sessions of the intelligence committee would have known more, but she wasn't explicitly outed to the general public.

Now, that said, it's kinda ridiculous that the ISI seems to know almost nothing about her. With all of Carrie's shenanigans with various scandals in various parts of the world, they'd be able to put together quite a profile. Carrie's bipolar disorder and her role with Brody seem like the exact kind of open secrets that half of the world's intelligence programs would be aware of. Everything surrounding Brody was massive news. People would have been paying attention and piecing together the full story alongside all the regular counter-intelligence they gather.

I mean, Saul gave public testimony that described various aspects of Carrie, and it would be pretty fucking easy for others in the intelligence community to figure out who Saul worked with and who fit the bill. There aren't that many dots to connect.

nawwafh

Best season since the 1st..
Really really enjoying this..
Also Claire Danes.. as much as i loathe the character sometimes.. really needs to get another Emmy nod for this..
Say what u want about the character.. but u cant deny the fact that she can act..

This season really has righted the ship. It feels like the stakes of what's happening in the plot actually matter again.

I was worried that after Aayan died at exactly the midway point of the season, the second half would be all about Saul's rescue, which isn't as exciting because well...you don't kill off the only likable character left. But it seems the show's not spinning its wheels at all, a sense of relentless momentum that's been lacking since the first few episodes of S2.

Joni

I think it went wrong when they didn't have Saul kill himself. It would have been a bit more interesting.

hbkdx12

Forgive me GAF as i'm someone who pretty much binged on all the previous seasons within the past month so maybe i'm overlooking something here but...

the whole negotiating with terrorist thing that they have going on right now seems to be going way over my head here. I'm truly lost at the idea of why they would let Saul get recaptured and then create leverage for the terrorists to negotiate. I can understand why Carrie would personally want him alive but I'm not understanding how basically returning Saul to the Taliban and furthering negotiations was the right thing in the bigger picture. It seemed very weird to me that no one (CIA Director, Quinn, etc) pulled her coat on having him be recaptured especially being he (saul) was so adamant about not going back.

StuBurns

Banned
Forgive me GAF as i'm someone who pretty much binged on all the previous seasons within the past month so maybe i'm overlooking something here but...

the whole negotiating with terrorist thing that they have going on right now seems to be going way over my head here. I'm truly lost at the idea of why they would let Saul get recaptured and then create leverage for the terrorists to negotiate. I can understand why Carrie would personally want him alive but I'm not understanding how basically returning Saul to the Taliban and furthering negotiations was the right thing in the bigger picture. It seemed very weird to me that no one (CIA Director, Quinn, etc) pulled her coat on having him be recaptured especially being he (saul) was so adamant about not going back.
They're just buying time. They're not going to release anyone, and if they do, they'll kill them shortly after.

Deku Tree

They're just buying time. They're not going to release anyone, and if they do, they'll kill them shortly after.

I don't know if they are "just buying time" because they could have killed the main terrorist target and instead they let him go in the wind in order to save Saul.

How many times are they going to solve a plot point by having Carrie fuck or get in a relationship with a male cast member? C'mon, FFS.

Protag

Banned
Only stupid element for me would be if Carrie ends up involved romantically with Mister ISI.

That would be unbelievably stupid. Only complaint though this season has been damn good.

And if shes gonna be romantically involved with someone, let it be QUINN

Saty

O- Only one guard was keeping tabs on Saul? The biggest asset ever? He took one dude out and there was nothing more in his way to stop him from putting that distance he did between the chasers? ... Agree the scenes with him were tense but that's really cheesy first escape.

Dunno why Saul was moved out from the spotlight by the writers by making him go the private sector. It's like they didn't know what to do with him and now it's like he's part of Carrie's team. 'Oh im visiting my friends here and giving Carrie a tip or two and 'surprisingly' got kidnapped and am actually the center of the plot. Remind me why they sidelined me in the first place?'.

dyergram

Best season since the 1st..
Really really enjoying this..
Also Claire Danes.. as much as i loathe the character sometimes.. really needs to get another Emmy nod for this..
Say what u want about the character.. but u cant deny the fact that she can act..
Yep such a fantastic episode this week.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Damn, that was a great episode. I can't wait for Duck Phillips to get what's coming to him.

Homeland is back! So suspenseful...its so sad to imagine what could have been with this show if they had just killed Brody and moved on.

This season is much better than the last two, but sometimes my immersion just breaks when some stupidity that shouldn't happen in real life happens. But I guess that's TV, right.

Social

Really fuckin awesome season. A few misses here and there but all within limits. Nothing that spoils the fun. Bring on the next!

dubc35

Love Lockhart, can't get enough of his no BS style. I didn't like him when originally introduced but loving him now.

Dysun

I really thought that was the end of the road for Saul. Well done scene
Glad that the ISI isn't just a front for the Taliban and there's something else going on there. Seemed like they were setting them up that way

Thought this was an excellent episode. Lots of tension. Lots of things going on, and as usual she's right in the middle of it.

Really well done work by the actors too. The guy who plays Lockhart is perfect.

Dany

Banned
I really thought that was the end of the road for Saul. Well done scene
Glad that the ISI isn't just a front for the Taliban and there's something else going on there. Seemed like they were setting them up that way

Sauls character is already on the outs. I bet he'll die nearing the end of this season.

Vashetti

Banned
If Saul goes, I stop watching.

Carrie is entertaining when bouncing off people like Quinn and Saul, and previously Brody.

Take those people out with just her remaining? That's not an appealing show.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Anyone else get the feeling the terrorists will end up bombing or otherwise attacking the embassy where everyone is at by the end of season? Seems like too big of a target for the writers to pass up the chance to blow it up. Maybe Homeland's own version of Bengazi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom