• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homeland - Season 4 - Sundays on Showtime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is no one watching this any more?

Pretty crazy episode tonight. What the hell did they give her? Is it just a placebo and this is her bi-polar flaring up or did they give her something to send her over the edge? I know bi-polar people can sometimes have hallucinations but I didn't think they could start this quickly after being off meds for what... a few hours?

Yeah, I'm counting out placebos. Like you said it escalated too fast, and even at her most manic times Carrie has never flipped her lid like THAT.

nevertheless, whatever it was, it also wasn't treating her bipolar, so, she was getting it from all angles.

Protag

Banned
Man i thought the WORST when Carrie bumped into "Brody". I thought for a sec, "the writers actually did it."

I was so relieved i was wrong. I never disliked him, but it just wouldve been some soap opera twist.

Lockhart ripping everybody everywhere was good.

Yeah, I'm counting out placebos. Like you said it escalated too fast, and even at her most manic times Carrie has never flipped her lid like THAT.

nevertheless, whatever it was, it also wasn't treating her bipolar, so, she was getting it from all angles.

Yeah

Holy shit, I had my hand to my mouth in shock when Brody appeared thinking No. Fucking. Way. That truly would've been a jump the shark moment. And at the same time I was still happy and hopeful that he really was alive because Damien Lewis is great. Oh well.

I thought the hallucination visual stuff was brilliantly done and actually gave me horrible flashbacks to the time I was on these super powerful painkillers for my back years ago. Everything was moving in slow motion just like that. I didnt shoot at anyone with an invisible gun, though.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
She was on different meds.
Which was made abundantly clear. Come on people.

Speaking of which, I had no idea pharmacist filled out prescriptions by filling the capsules individually... I thought they just filled the prescription bottles with pre-made capsules. >_> Assuming TV isn't lying to me, I may have actually learned something today!

Omzz

best parts:

lockhart shitting on them

im a jew

saul being cuffed for front row seats for the haqqani pounding

Holy fucking shit this episode was great. Man. The cinematography used to depict Carie's bad trip was outstanding. And yeah, when Brody appeared I yelled "WHAT THE FUCK" out loud in my room. I didn't know if I had to be glad or pissed. On one hand, the season 3 finale was great and I didn't want it ruined, but on the other, Damian Lewis is so great, I was just happy to see him.

Can't wait for next week.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Very well shot episode

Agreed. They really did a good job with making you as a viewer feel as disoriented and confused as Carrie.

Speaking of which, I had no idea pharmacist filled out prescriptions by filling the capsules individually... I thought they just filled the prescription bottles with pre-made capsules. >_> Assuming TV isn't lying to me, I may have actually learned something today!

Same, haha. I wonder if that's really how they do it?

kingkitty

Episode was a fucking trip.

Ambassador's husband strikes again.

also in the last 5 minutes I was ready to riot. good job show.

KarmaCow

I kept trying to figure out how the hell they could have expected Carrie to hallucinate Brody but I guess he wasn't trying to be Brody. Kinda weird with how he just went with it though.

Zaph

Anyone else thinking they're setting up Tasleem and Khan to be on either sides of ISI/Military corruption?

Tasleem has done some shit and is being played up as the 'bitch', but I think she's just a good agent willing to do what her job requires (basically Carrie's Pakistani counterpart); whereas Khan is really going in with the nice-guy-who's-willing-to-listen routine - he's fully down with Haqqani and helped get him Saul.

My money is on Tasleem finding out what her intelligence is being used for and playing a part in Khan's takedown.

I kept trying to figure out how the hell they could have expected Carrie to hallucinate Brody but I guess he wasn't trying to be Brody. Kinda weird with how he just went with it though.

Its not like anything on this show should make any sense right now. ^^
Its kind of funny how crazy Carrie didn´t even had to change her "acting" that much to pull of todays episode. *heavybreathing*

Vert boil

Christ, they managed to make Carrie even more annoying.

So, did you hear the one about the Ultra Muslim that let another man not only see his wife naked, but also let him watch them fuck??

Me neither.

homeland61au1f.gif

Carrie: Pulling duvet over her face, Bang bang, Pew pew, The One, Scrambling in Brody's lap

Saul: I'm a Jew

Shoe throw

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Ambassador's husband strikes again.

Gods I hate that guy so much. I think I somehow hate him even more than the likes of Haqqani. What a cowardly weaselly piece of shit.

Speaking of Haqqani, I loved how Saul called him out on his bullshit and hypocrisy. I'm pretty sure the subjugation of women is in some haddith or other, mind, so Saul was actually nicer than he could have been there, but I didn't expect the show to go on full-blown Islam-bashing. ;)

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

So, did you hear the one about the Ultra Muslim that let another man not only see his wife naked, but also let him watch them fuck??

Me neither.

I thought that was really weird and gratuitous. I really doubt someone like Haqqani would have let that happen.

I don't miss him one bit, to be honest. Don't know what people saw in him.

Same. I had the opposite reaction a lot of people here had - I'm so glad Brody isn't on the show anymore. He was so annoying.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
I almost gave up on Homeland after the previous season. Glad I kept watching, this season has been surprisingly good.
Also glad that they didn't somehow bring Brody back. Would've been so dumb. Even Carrie hallucinating about him being Brody felt kind of like a stretch.

Enco

Me neither.
:lol good point.

Pretty dumb. No way that would happen.

dyergram

Are you bent? That was some of the best dialogue of the entire series.
I found it corny as hell. I'm not a fan of when they talk about real life stuff (bin laden 9/11 ect) then splice it with there fictional terrorists but yea my eyes rolled pretty hard at that debate also dude asuming most Jewish looking person ever who's name is Saul is a Christian was funny as well.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Any scoops about Homeland?

Ausiello: My spies in South Africa — yes, my network of moles spans the globe — tell me that the show recently shot
an elaborate funeral sequence at a chapel in Cape Town presumably to air in the season finale. I have my theories about the identity of the dearly departed, but I’m more interested in who you think it is. Hit the comments!

via Ausiello

Wonder (future season spoiler)
who dies?

Saty

So Haqanni used Saul exactly in the way i suggested to explain why he did what he did last week. Not sure why several posters here were dumbfounded.

You know, you aren't making a good impression as an intelligence officer if you say 'Who is Brody?'. Only the guy that was all what the news covered for years.

Saty

Man, you can have a field day with Claire's expressions this ep.

http://a.pomf.se/qgtlzc.webm

http://a.pomf.se/bvoeih.webm

^this part cracked me up. Trying to compress herself into his arms even more.

http://a.pomf.se/ecwlou.webm

http://a.pomf.se/ajthxk.webm

Last two are great for reactions and cab be tailored for everything, especially the first of them with Brody going 'No one has died' and Carrie responding 'They have. They have' in that webm.

No games\shows have been canceled. -They have, they have! *crying*.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
this season started slow but is great, probably my second favorite season after the first one at this point.

I swear to god when
Brody showed up, I was about to delete my season pass... thankfully it was just a moment and figment.

Hjod

Banned
Wow, great episode. Alot of great moments, best episode this season.

When Brody made an appearance.

lebowski.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom