• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homeland - Season 4 - Sundays on Showtime

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was fucking incredible. Season has been delivering so much. That tension at the end when they were driving. I knew something was going to go down, but when it actually did....damn.

anaron

What a fantastic hour of TV

WTF @ that ending

Also lol @ that B letter grade from the AV club

I don't normally take issue with them but that was an A episode of Homeland

CoolOff

Eh, 24 already did this when the Sangalans took over
the White House

Saul has now pussied out of dying twice.
Not superserious, but still...

Good to see. Looking forward to watching this now.

LOL at that smirk from what's her name when they say they'll agree to the terms.

kirblar

What a fantastic hour of TV

WTF @ that ending

Also lol @ that B letter grade from the AV club

I don't normally take issue with them but that was an A episode of Homeland
I don't know what the heck happened to AV Club over the summer, but it wasn't good.

I just want one thing for this season

give Saul a retirement scene then I'll be happy if he doesn't show up next season (because if he does. He'll get in trouble and might die)

Jesus that was a great episode. The suspense at the end was palpable.

AV Club proves it's run by a bunch of buffoons, at least when it comes to Homeland. It's as if they have a personal grudge against the show. Eh.

The two-week wait will be long.

Holy shit, Dennis Boyd you're a first class moron.
Why else would she want to know how to get into the fucking embassy? What on earth made you think that telling her how to get in wasn't going to be a bad bad idea.
Hopefully, he and that ISI lady get some sort of comeuppance by the end of the season.

Also...
send all the marines, all of them...
? Seriously?

sangreal

fuck, not even a preview for next month

and that episode was really, really short

cant believe this shit has me hooked again after s2/s3

That episode was phenomenal. Intensity through the roof. I was climbing the walls.

I don't know why it happened, but there was an exodus where all the writers that made AV Club great left the site. It's a shell of itself now.

liquidtmd

Banned
AV Club proves it's run by a bunch of buffoons, at least when it comes to Homeland. It's as if they have a personal grudge against the show. Eh.

They're one of the sites that sometimes have the writers that forever get confused with the hype around the show and actually judging things on its own merits.

Not literally but with some of their reviews for various shows, not just Homeland but lets use it here, it could be the finest episode in the shows history yet you'd still get the impression the writer would be like "LOL it's no Series 1 when it was popular - no Brody :(* ".

Likewise it happened for a few sites with 24. I'll be the first to admit S6 was dire and S7 was a tad wonky - but for half of S7 / good chunk of S8 some amazing work was done yet for a lot of reviews they didn't care to actually judge it on its own merits and continually say 'Meh it's had its heyday' because they know S5 was universally acclaimed and would be the 'safe' opinion to put out.

I had serious reservations about S4 of Homeland, but am very glad to be proven very wrong.

Can't believe people are seriously saying this was a good episode. Yeah, it's gotten to the point that it's soo bad, it's good. An army of fucking taliban soldiers sneaking through the back door of the embassy? Yeah, completely plausible- not like they would be spotted or anything. What an absurdly ridiculous "plan", even by homeland standards. It's easy to make "holy shit" moments when you throw all plausibility and rationality in the trash, which is what they did. Sad that so many here support this kind of ridiculous, beyond 24 level garbage writing.

Also, carrie's "HOW DARE YOU NOT CARE ABOUT THE LIFE OF THAT BOY! THATS NOT WHO WE ARE" speech was so painful, and so laughable, considering what shes done and what shes always been willing to do "for the cause", including sacrificing the lives of an infinite amt of people "on the other side" if it means achieving certain goals, not to mention seducing/fucking kids then sending them to their deaths. But no, "thats not who we are" when Saul actually wants to do the sensible, rational thing, which is sacrifice his life so that a terror group doesn't get its entire network back.

liquidtmd

Banned
It's easy to make "holy shit" moments when you throw all plausibility and rationality in the trash, which is what they did. Sad that so many here support this kind of ridiculous, beyond 24 level garbage writing..

Some of 24's best moments were when they threw all plausibility and rationality in the trash and embraced it.

Heck Live Another Day gathered all the plausibility, rationality and sense in the world up only to throw them out of a multi storey building - twas an amazing romp

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Can't believe people are seriously saying this was a good episode. Yeah, it's gotten to the point that it's soo bad, it's good. An army of fucking taliban soldiers sneaking through the back door of the embassy? Yeah, completely plausible- not like they would be spotted or anything. What an absurdly ridiculous "plan", even by homeland standards. It's easy to make "holy shit" moments when you throw all plausibility and rationality in the trash, which is what they did. Sad that so many here support this kind of ridiculous, beyond 24 level garbage writing.

Also, carrie's "HOW DARE YOU NOT CARE ABOUT THE LIFE OF THAT BOY! THATS NOT WHO WE ARE" speech was so painful, and so laughable, considering what shes done and what shes always been willing to do "for the cause", including sacrificing the lives of an infinite amt of people "on the other side" if it means achieving certain goals, not to mention seducing/fucking kids then sending them to their deaths. But no, "thats not who we are" when Saul actually wants to do the sensible, rational thing, which is sacrifice his life so that a terror group doesn't get its entire network back.
I think the people who are really enjoying this season are simply able to live in the moment more and enjoy the scene-to-scene storytelling. Homeland definitely knows how to do that relatively well. I know that's not enough for me, but it is for others. I can't stop thinking about all the silly things that predicate whatever dramatic sequence we find ourselves in, or wondering how the fuck Carrie is not only still employed but considered a great agent.

Now if anyone starts pretending this season has anything important to say about foreign policy, then I'll flip out.

At least Haqqani has a badass swagger when marching down poorly lit basement hallways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom