• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HoNGAF Season 2 IHL lOTl Taking your sodium levels to new heights.

Swag

nl_logo.png

Season 2 of the HoN GAF In House League will be starting on October 5th

Set-Up

1. Drafting System
We will be doing away with the previous team setup for this season and will be instead using an on the fly drafting system, to ensure that games can take place regardless of the current GAFers online.

The setup will be as follows;

The Two Highest rated MMR currently participating in the match ( Not Spectating ) will be assigned as captains, these captains will do a dodgeball style draft in which players will be chosen, alternating between the two captains.

For Example Captain A Picks Player A, it is then Captain B's turn to pick and he picks player B, and so on.

Considering the draft method, games need to be determined whether it's a normal IH or an IHL in house prior to the match starting. This is similar to Last Season where people would distinguish between normal games and IHL games in the Clan Channel.

2. League System

Considering the fact that we are not running a strict team structure this season, we are going to be doing a Tiered System. Participants in this season will be put into one of 3 skill tiers, and will compete for prizes in their individual tiers. For Example;

Above Average Tier
Loki_Demi
Thorin_Bei
Puppetyuber

Average Tier
Moodyshuffle
Sanjay
Yopang

New Tier
Guesong
Tomat
Neki

Each of the 3 players are competing against each other in their individual tiers for prizes, the winner of each tier is decided based on their IHR at the end of the league.

This makes it so that new players are incentivised to play by competing with other new players, as well as making sure the more experienced players aren't going to end up at the top of the league. This system is purely to make sure everyone is rewarded appropriately for participating, as well as for the team makeup restrictions.

3. Game Setup
Game's will be played as All Pick, to accommodate for GAF members playing on free accounts, if no one with a free account is currently playing then the game mode will be Banning Pick, unless majority decision from the players is made for a different mode.

A roll out of 100 will be made by the captains to determine who has First Player Pick as well as Hellbourne / Legion choice.

4. Team Construction
In order to make sure the teams aren't going to be stacked with the best players there will be restrictions on the make-up. These restrictions are of course assuming the situation allows for it and are thus flexible.

1-2 Above Average Tier
1-3 Average Tier
2-3 New Tier

Each team must have 2 New Players if they are available, 1-3 Average Players, and at the most 2 Above average Players, of course these are under a perfect situation, if these make-ups cannot be made, then I leave it up to the players currently to balance appropriately.

Making it fair for both teams is secondary to making sure that New Players aren't excluded from Play in favor of stacking.

5. Points

Wins are worth 5 points, losses are worth -5 points. They will be tracked via Deliriums HONGAF application, everyone thank him for making it. The only people that will be allowed to submit matches will be, Swagsurfin, Delirium, Kagete, Alumnus, Procarbine, and Sanjay, this is to avoid matches that aren't branded as IHL from being submitted.

Games must be played on your main account and not a smurf or alt. Points will be ignored if you play a game on a smurf, there will be no going back into the client and altering rating in order to compensate for it not recognising your name. We're also limiting the people who can submit games in order to avoid somehow having, Chu, Bdiz, Angrytestie and other non GAFers in the rankings.

Captains should come to this thread and post the Match IDs from games played in this thread, When the games are done for the day one person will submit them to the client, whoever is the last person around from those 6 ( Most probably Alumnus cause he has no life ). Games that are not posted will not be counted, this is to avoid the problem from last season of games not being posted till nearly 2 weeks after they are played. It is your responsibility as a Captain to have the game posted.

6. Rewards
We'll be doing a similar Gold coin distribution as last season, the amount though is yet to be determined, we are being sponsored by GAF's favorite S2 Employee Nome aka Mr Nice Guy aka Boyfriend of the creator of the best Announcer Pack known to man aka Mr Nice Blog, aka Richard Liu

AMOUNT COMING SOON

7. Fun Stuff
Players can if they feel like play on alternate maps such as Watchtower, if the players want to, unanimous vote required.

8. Not so Fun Stuff
Throwing will result in a ban from the League and forfeiting of all points, Obvious throws only, i.e;

- Puppetyuber buying 5 bottles
- AFKing in fountain
- Rage Quit
- Intentional Game Sabotage ( Calling out Positions etc )

The League will end on Tuesday December 1st, this is the week prior to Finals for most of the students of HoN GAF and because we don't want people failing, will be the end of this season. I'll try to organise with Nome to get coins out ASAP.

If anything doesn't make sense, let me know and I'll explain.

Let's have fun this season guys!

Expect Big Plays from Thunderclaw Accursed Sanjay

Swag

I'm taking this player list from the Delirium post and the recent players in IH

Player List said:
Neki
Alumnus
Meteorain
ThorinBei
Anbokr
Sanjay
Loki_Demi
Guesong
BZM
Fellstruck
Agidot
Dorkimoe
WesWes
Freakinchair
Vect
Powerslave
Azuki
Insured
JoeMartin
NukeFDukem
Puppetyuber
Scythian
Tomat03
Ikuu
OMFGihateyou
Criminalle ( Yopang )
Lone_Prodigy
Procarbine
Ulcajun
Phixion26
Oceanic`815
TUSR
Rumblebuffin
Kapura
mrbagdt
xMrMister
Phandroid
Delirium6
Haly
Swiftlame
Kagete
Swagsufrin
gdeciever
Kaper
Moodyshuffle
Conceptor
Lollersquad
Pillowknight

I need everyone that wants to participate this season to post in this thread before October 3rd and post what rank is desired in the tier system, If your name is not on that list and you don't post, you will not be able to participate.

Also if it's obvious you aren't in the correct tier I reserve the right to move you.

Swag

Tier List ( I'll update this as they fill )

Experienced
Swagsurfin
Puppetyuber
JoeMartin
Swiftlame
Procarbine
ERWINZORR
Loki_Demi
Thorinbei
Kagete
Azuki
Swiftlame
Oceanic`815
Pillowknight

Average
Delirium6
ReconYoda
Dreavus
MrMister`
Haly
Criminalle ( Yopang )
ShotoElite
Freakinchair
Anbokr
Phandroid
TUSR
Ulcajun
Sanjay
Pkaz
Meteorain
Neki
Markot
BZM
Agidot
Fellstruck
Insured
Kapura
Mrbagdt
Kaper
Zenith
SeigO

Learning
Moodyshuffle
Lone_Prodigy
Budarac
Kapura
Ikuu
Guesong
Conceptor
Tomat03
Dorkimoe
WesWes
Powerslave
Scythian
OMFGIhateyou
Phixion26
Delirium6
gdeciever
Conceptor
Lollersquad
TheExodu5

Tier list (my opinion)

Experienced (Players I placed here are based on availiablilty + people I think are capable of drafting)

Alumnus
ThorinBei
Anbokr
Loki_Demi
Azuki
Procarbine
Swiftlame
Kagete
Swagsurfin
PillowKnight

Average
Neki
Meteorain
Fellstruck
Agidot
Freakinchair
Powerslave
Criminalle
Ulcajun
Oceanic`815
TUSR
Haly
Kaper
Moodyshuffle
Bzm

Learning
Sanjay
Guesong
Dorkimoe
WesWes
NukeFDukem
Scythian
Tomat03
Ikku
OMFGihateyou
Lone_Prodigy
Phixion26
Rumblebuffin
Kapura
xMrMister
Phandroid
Delirium
Conceptor
lollersquad

Unsure
Vect (Who is this?)
mrbadgt (I think he belongs in Average)
Insured (I think he belongs in Average)
JoeMartin (I think he belongs in Average)

Swag

PuppetYuber said:
Tier list (my opinion)
I'd really like to avoid posts like this till we have a complete list of what tiers people think they should be in, we can take it from there on changing it up.

bzm

PuppetYuber said:
Tier list (my opinion)

Average
Neki
Meteorain
Fellstruck
Agidot
Freakinchair
Powerslave
Criminalle
Ulcajun
Oceanic`815
TUSR
Haly
Kaper
Moodyshuffle
Bzm
lol

ya man, you = meteorain and neki teir GGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

on a positive note: ez coins for you? :D

I ranked based on availiability and the possibility of drafting skill, besides if a team is capped with 2 experienced players, you will probably get more play time @ average tier ez

bzm

PuppetYuber said:
ya man, you = meteorain and neki teir GGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

on a positive note: ez coins for you? :D

ranked based on availiability and possibility of drafting skill
o ok, was about to flip a bitch for being neki'd

Dreavus

Dreavus - Average Tier

I've been playing for a while, but I wouldn't consider myself godly. Does average work or would I be in "experienced"?

How often do we expect to play IHL matches?

Swag

Dreavus said:
I don't know how often that is. D:
Sorry I assumed you were a regular, we play 3-4 In Houses a day, but I'd expect that number to go up once the league starts, it fluctuates heavily based on University-GAF. Mid Term week etc will be lower then the average school week.

Should there be a restriction on how many recorded matches a person can play a day or a week? This might sound silly, but last season team kagete was able to play a lot more games than the other two teams, so we won pretty easily.

I think it would be nice if there is a cap of 2 per weekdays (M-Thur, and no more than 4 on weekends (F-Sun). After that, they can still play and help, but their W/L ratio would not record, everyone else on the team will though. This will encourage more people to participate, especially on a night if there are more than 15 gafers are on.

To clarify, no more than 2 on each day of the week, and no more than 4 on each day of the weekend days, not total.

Swag

I imagined there would be a natural Courtesy between players that they would opt to spectate if they just played a game in order to let other people play.

So no Sanjay and crew, will not be able to sit every single game. The nature of the league will automatically adjust to accommodate. If you have a 100% win ratio you will naturally be higher regardless if your playing less games, so no need to restrict people.

bzm

Sebulon3k said:
I imagined there would be a natural Courtesy between players that they would opt to spectate if they just played a game in order to let other people play.

So no Sanjay and crew, will not be able to sit every single game. The nature of the league will automatically adjust to accommodate. If you have a 100% win ratio you will naturally be higher regardless if your playing less games, so no need to restrict people.
but if sanj cant play every match then who will hit the theoretical mmr zero point?

Trasher

PuppetYuber said:
YO TRASHER SUP, I WILL DRAFT YOU EVERY GAME IF U SHOW UP !

but you can only play lux smith
dey be afterrr me lucky charmssss!

bzm said:
say wha, trasher? where has dis guy been??
Illegally bartending man!

So I forgot to ask. Did I win it all last season?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm fine with average. Joemartin should go up to experienced though. I haven't seen him on for a while and when he came back he was dominating left and right so...

delirium

If we do AP, you should at least make people use Alt. Hero Selection. That way everyone just doesn't pick at 5 seconds to surprise the other team. It makes it AP, but with BP style picking.

bzm

delirium said:
If we do AP, you should at least make people use Alt. Hero Selection. That way everyone just doesn't pick at 5 seconds to surprise the other team. It makes it AP, but with BP style picking.
+1
this is a good idea

Swag

We will probably have to change the rules for team composition a bit, we have far more experienced players that I expected so far. That bracket gonna be so fun
KuGsj.gif

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I'll be on my laptop for 85% of IHL games, and my availability is going to go down significantly due to university so I think average is the tier for me. Just look at my past matches, you'll easily be able to tell a laptop from a desktop game (the 2 soulstealer stomps + the 11 game smurfstomp winstreak were desktop, and all the magmus losses and crap were laptop). Especially since IHL is srs bzns and ppl rage and stuff; I'll only be playing tanky initiators (cthulu, magmus, legionnaire, etc...), and support (OMG ANBOKR PLAYING SUPPORT???? come at me broso, guna outward bzm ez) while on my laptop (for IHL games)--I just can't farm at an experienced level.

bzm

Anbokr said:
I'll be on my laptop for 85% of IHL games, and my availability is going to go down significantly due to university so I think average is the tier for me. Just look at my past matches, you'll easily be able to tell a laptop from a desktop game (the 2 soulstealer stomps + the 11 game smurfstomp winstreak were desktop, and all the magmus losses and crap were laptop). Especially since IHL is srs bzns and ppl rage and stuff; I'll only be playing tanky initiators (cthulu, magmus, legionnaire, etc...), and support (OMG ANBOKR PLAYING SUPPORT???? come at me broso, guna outward bzm ez) while on my laptop (for IHL games)--I just can't farm at an experienced level.
yo math1 gonna eat too much of your time? pce

Top Bottom