• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulong

Without spoiling to much, what are vantage points? I am like 24 hours in and haven't come across anything by that name. Some sort of collectible?

Collectible's that come with an image of
the old world
and an audio clip. They are usually up high somewhere, often have a supply box beside them.

IP28y6R.gif

That looks like a damned real life movie shot

zkorejo

How do you get inside the Grave-Hoard? Aloy said something about it being frozen and there's no way to get in, but I'm not even sure what she's referring to. All I see is a bunch of rubble.

I tried that yesterday. You cant until the story quest takes you there.

You must have the tutorial quest currently active for it to count. You don't need to shoot at the ground, only once on the enemy. You have to hit them from the sides too. It doesn't work when you shoot from the front.
Oh ok thanks. I was hitting them all from the front.

Tigress

Is there anyway to repair a strider?

Mine is almost dead, don't want to abandon it or put it out of its misery.

Save, reload the save. This also heals you :/ (I hate glitches/loophokes like this cause then part of me wants to abuse it but it takes away from the game to do so. I wouldn't mind if it only worked on the mount)

Has there been any word on potential DLC? GG added a horde mode for Killzone as DLC. I would love a horde mode type game with Aloy being tracked by machines across the land; machines would constantly be searching for her instead of just grazing.

Lol just make all enemies on high alert but take away the icon.

abundant

One of my favorite aspects of this game is how quickly things can go from normal to crazy. Just now I was hunting a pack of Tramplers. It was a fairly easy fight, until I take one down and several Glinthawks swoop in and turn things into a Three Way Battle.

Wish there's a spoiler thread for the game.

There's so much to talk about regarding it. The more I think about it the more I love the lore surrounding the game.

zkorejo

Is that true for the other similar looking ruins in the mountain range north of free heap?

I think you go there once you have been to Grave-Hoard. In that area I have only been able to get to that Banuk Camp thats a sidemission.

You probably went on top of the entrance. Check for a hole.

The hole is frozen and Aloy cant break it with her spear. If there is a way in before the quest, I would like to know.

I think one of my most memorable fight was against a group of corrupted stalkers. Was hiding from them after a bit when suddenly 2 stalkers came near the area and destroyed them for me.

Not even sure how or why it happened.

Ohh, alright. I've been trying to explore as much as I can before moving on with the story and opening the map up more. I guess some things will have to wait, though.

Thanks for letting me know. I've been throwing around fire arrows and bombs trying to thaw out an entrance point, lmao.

Jamaro85

There are 2 types of Slings - Blaster Slings and Slings.

Whoops, lol. That would explain why I had different amounts of max ammo for the explosive bombs and my other bombs when I finally caved and bought the green sling shot. Looks like not realizing this had my understanding of the weapon tier system way off.

Stiler

Am I doing something wrong or does the hunter bow just suck all around for fighting later in the game?

I have it modified with 3 dmg/fire (all purples) and when fighting corrupted things (which are meant to be vunerable to fire) it does like maybe 1/15th of their health....even if I hit a weak point.

I feel like it went from being viable early game to just flat out sucking somehow or am I doing something wrong?

The sharpshooter bow seems to do so much more dmg even though it uses no fire arrows.

Wish there's a spoiler thread for the game.

There's so much to talk about regarding it. The more I think about it the more I love the lore surrounding the game.

After doing the 'Makers End' quest last night, I had so many questions answered, only to have a thousand more questions. The lore is so fucking interesting and I need to know more.

Mifune

Mehmber
Collectible's that come with an image of
the old world
and an audio clip. They are usually up high somewhere, often have a supply box beside them.

Somehow I got the audio clip but missed the image. Knew something wasn't right.

cripterion

Damn, I've found 2 places like that real far off in the map and was all glad and ready to dig into them, spent hours searching for an entry point before moving on to other things. I hate when they do shit like that. Especially since Aloy commented all the way while I was progressing towards these places.

MaKTaiL

Am I doing something wrong or does the hunter bow just suck all around for fighting later in the game?

I have it modified with 3 dmg/fire (all purples) and when fighting corrupted things (which are meant to be vunerable to fire) it does like maybe 1/15th of their health....even if I hit a weak point.

I feel like it went from being viable early game to just flat out sucking somehow or am I doing something wrong?

The sharpshooter bow seems to do so much more dmg even though it uses no fire arrows.
You realize you have to shoot the fire arrow multiple times until the effect actually triggers on enemies? You will notice a small fire circle being filled up.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
There are 30 people playing this game on my FL and I only have Destiny GAFfers mostly on my list. Really curious to know the sales figures.

Stiler

You realize you have to shoot the fire arrow multiple times until the effect actually triggers on enemies? You will notice a small fire circle being filled up.

I......yes I totally knew this :p.

Not really, I thought it was one-hit, like it is on the grazers with their blaze canisters lol.

Thanks for pointing that out though, now I know what I was doing wrong.

MaKTaiL

Not really, I thought it was one-hit, like it is on the grazers with their blaze canisters lol.

That's fine. I've been watching a lot of LP's where people totally ignore this. Every type of damage works this way. They could have made a tutorial about this earlier in the game though. Shooting the cannisters will require only one shot just like you already knew. But if you shoot the body you need multiple shots for it to trigger.

Putty

I "totally knew this" as well"..............*cough

abundant

If you haven't yet. pick up the skill that let's you fire 3 arrows at once. Makes it easier to set things on fire with just one hit.

Gray Matter

I'm enjoying the game, but holy fuck some of the encounters are absolutely terrible.

I'm currently doing the mission where
you go searching for Olin
and there are 2 corruptors with a bunch of human enemies trying to kill me. The mission is for level 12, I'm level 19 and I'm getting my ass kicked, it's really deterring my enjoyment of the game.

I feel like I'm constantly underpowered. Am I not grinding enough?

29 hours and 65 percent done with the game. Dove into the story a lot yesterday, it's really dang good, I got some issues with the game, but overall it's my favorite thing I've played on my PS4.

MaKTaiL

I'm enjoying the game, but holy fuck some of the encounters are absolutely terrible.

I'm currently doing the mission where
you go searching for Olin
and there are 2 corruptors with a bunch of human enemies trying to kill me. The mission is for level 12, I'm level 19 and I'm getting my ass kicked, it's really deterring my enjoyment of the game.

I feel like I'm constantly underpowered. Am I not grinding enough?
Stay on high ground and the Corruptors won't be much of a problem. Shoot them with fire arrows until their core pops out. Shoot the core and it's basically one hit kill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom