• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. There's a skill for that.
2. Not important due to said skill
But you summon a different one when you lose the previous one, it's not the same one dammit! It's not my pony!! It's an impostor!

But no, in all seriousness, what I meant is more like Argo from Shadow of the Colossus, a permanent companion, could be a neat story for a DLC.

I have a bug where my ammo count with my sharpshoot bow and my hunter bow keeps appearing as 1 out of the max when I have the weapon out. In the radial menu I saw the actual ammo count. I tried changing the weapons' location in my quick menu but it doesn't work. Anyone knows about this?

Muzicfreq

Banned
One handling and two tear mods.
Handling doesn't do much to anything. 3 tears and should take far less shots.

Same thing with the tripcaster is that handling means little to nothing at all and could just use

Nvm the handling mod is 100% useless and is better used for mods like fire, and whatnot

But you summon a different one when you lose the previous one, it's not the same one dammit! It's not my pony!! It's an impostor!

But no, in all seriousness, what I meant is more like Argo from Shadow of the Colossus, a permanent companion, could be a neat story for a DLC.

I see. Yeah I get it, something like Geralt and Roach. Give the machine a name and some story to get it. That would be nice.

Handling doesn't do much to anything. 3 tears and should take far less shots.

Same thing with the tripcaster is that handling means little to nothing at all and could just use

Nvm the handling mod is 100% useless and is better used for mods like fire, and whatnot

Yeah, I've been thinking of switching it with tear. I've also switched out the handling mod from my sharpshooter bow as it didn't really matter with the focus.

Ferrio

Banned
Okay where the hell is the trader to turn these mugs in? Why did they have to have like 8 different special merchants in one town all labeled with the same icon?

Cyborg

Damn, this game looks so good. And action is so tight. Im scared to fight some machines so I observe them and sneak past them. Anyone has the same feelin?

And night section OH MY GOD

Xeteh

Ropecaster effectiveness is based on tear though............ the more tear, the less ropes.

No it isn't.

Just tested it against Glinthawks. With my Lodge Ropecaster with 3 purple Tear mods it fills the meter to around ~75% with one shot. With 3 purple Handling mods it fills it to the exact same.

Okay where the hell is the trader to turn these mugs in? Why did they have to have like 8 different special merchants in one town all labeled with the same icon?

If you open the map while zoomed in on Meridian and hover over the merchants it gives more specific names for the merchants. He's the vessel collectibles one, one of the two merchants to the east.

I have a bug where my ammo count with my sharpshoot bow and my hunter bow keeps appearing as 1 out of the max when I have the weapon out. In the radial menu I saw the actual ammo count. I tried changing the weapons' location in my quick menu but it doesn't work. Anyone knows about this?

That is how many arrows you currently have nocked in the bow and how many you have total.

Apt101

Damn, this game looks so good. And action is so tight. Im scared to fight some machines so I observe them and sneak past them. Anyone has the same feelin?

I spent a lot of time overriding enemies and pitting them against other robots to see how they functioned before going in. I also studied their weaponry, guessing what I could knock off of them and use them as weapons. This game really makes you feel like a hunter.

So GameStop hasn't emailed me a PSN code for their exclusive Nora Lookout armor, longbow, etc that they were suppose to send 2 business days after shipment.

I preordered the CE online on their site and it's been one week since they shipped the game. I've sent them several emails since Friday, and outside of the automated messages saying they'll respond as soon as they can, they HAVE NOT responded to my emails.

Anyone else had this problem? Anyone know the phone number I should call?

black070

They're all in close proximity to each other, though the rewards for turning in all the collectibles is nothing special at all. :p

That is how many arrows you currently have nocked in the bow and how many you have total.
49qnFEU.gif

vivekTO

Huh! I thought the game won't have any DLC or season pass.

Anyway. I hope they add the character and robot viewer and a map editor or a modkit based on their procedural generation tech.

Its not confirmed to be DLC , maybe for the Sequel but i hope we will see some thing soon rather than to wait for 2.5 years.

Same with me, Whenever i see a Sawtooth i just go NOPE and try to find a path around it,

I see, thx. Tear will help with holding them down longer?
Nah tear will help rip off their armor plating (depends on where you hit) once the ropecaster wears off. Or so I'm told. Personally I'd go with full handling mods just so I can reload and shoot faster. If I want to rip off their armor I'd use tearblast or hardpoint arrows

I don't want any spoilers but how satisfying is the main story ending? Also, I have to go find
Olin at the excavation site
... how far into the main quest an I?

Xeteh

I see, thx. Tear will help with holding them down longer?

Not sure, I kind of doubt it. The inventory screen straight up says its for removing armor plating and components and it definitely doesn't help tie them down faster. Using 3 handling mods on my Ropecaster and if I tie something down and don't damage it they stay down for a long ass time already.

Gradly

Anyone who finished the game 100% with all purple upgrades and a lot of weapons and outfits etc can tell what resources should we keep? Managing resources is bad in this game. I keep hearts for mostly outfits and stuff and I sell lenses and low level machines parts.

I also keep skins/bones of wildlife for pouches / ammo upgrades but what about other items I collect, should I sell all those desert glasses, crystal braiding for example? Also ancient rings and stuff like reflective ancient charm, should I sell them? And to any merchant or is their one specialized who buys for higher prices?

I don't want any spoilers but how satisfying is the main story ending? Also, I have to go find
Olin at the excavation site
... how far into the main quest an I?
Maybe 1/4, probably not even that.

Anyone who finished the game 100% with all purple upgrades and a lot of weapons and outfits etc can tell what resources should we keep? Managing resources is bad in this game. I keep hearts for mostly outfits and stuff and I sell lenses and low level machines parts.

I also keep skins/bones of wildlife for pouches / ammo upgrades but what about other items I collect, should I sell all those desert glasses, crystal braiding for example? Also ancient rings and stuff like reflective ancient charm, should I sell them? And to any merchant or is their one specialized who buys for higher prices?
Anything that's only use is "Sell to merchants" you should sell. You can also buy back anything. I would just concentrate on maxing your upgrades on the inventory pouch immediately.

Xeteh

I haven't finished the game but once you reach Meridian you can safely sell most Lenses/Hearts because there's a vendor that sells them if you really need one though I'm not sure if he sells some of the harder machines' so maybe hold on to those. I'm pretty sure Desert Glass is just vendor trash (check the item in your inventory, it tells you what it is used for) and Crystal Braiding is used for a weapon at the very least iirc. All the ancient stuff (ring, watch, chimes etc) are for vendoring. I don't think there's a vendor that buys anything for more than the others but I've been wrong before.

Anything that's only use is "Sell to merchants" you should sell. You can also buy back anything. I would just concentrate on maxing your upgrades on the inventory pouch immediately.
I'm enjoying it so far, taking it slow and seeing all the sites.

Beautiful ass game.

How satisfied with the ending were you?

cripterion

Nope by the middle of the game you obliterate anything you find in your path, even fighting behemoths with multiple long legs and red eye watchers is a breeze since you can just corrupt and they'll do the fighting for you. If you did all the overrides it's also no prob, just R2 a machine and it will create some additional dps and fight for you. As soon as you get triple arrows, infinite mount, the ropecaster to take down winged robots and more overrides you're basically a killing machine, nothing can't stop you.

The toughest robot being the rockbreaker thing but you just freeze that ass and go to town. Also if you play your cards well you should be drowning in shards and other components you can just litter the ground with traps, anywhere he'll pop his ugly head he will take damage.

Nope by the middle of the game you obliterate anything you find in your path, even fighting behemoths with multiple long legs and red eye watchers is a breeze since you can just corrupt and they'll do the fighting for you. If you did all the overrides it's also no prob, just R2 a machine and it will create some additional dps and fight for you. As soon as you get triple arrows, infinite mount, the ropecaster to take down winged robots and more overrides you're basically a killing machine, nothing can't stop you.
Highest level is 50 right?

Edit: in most open world games I always see foliage popping up in the distance and most enemies are too far away, but in this game I can see enemies miles away and everything appears perfectly

GG are tech gods

Gradly

From what I see buy back option is just like an undo for that session not if you needed things later on. I'm a completionist and everything maxed out so far, and I'm planning to get the new weapons and outfits later in the game and I don't wanna regret or grind/farm for items later. I'm at level 33 and still at
Maker's End
in the story btw.

I read on some articles that those desert glasses and braiding stuff are valuable to keep but til now I don't see any purpose of them that's why I explicitly mentioned them on my post so if anybody finished the game got all the weapons including the
lodge versions
and many outfits will give me a direct answer if they ever used them or not

kenta

Has no PEINS
Anyone have a link to a good video of combat so I can see what I'm doing wrong? I just had a heck of a time with two corruptors, and earlier also struggled with the quarry. I feel like I rely too much on the sharpshooter bow and it's not as effective as it feels like it should be, even though I've put decent mods on it. I keep trying to think of ways to use the other weapons but don't have much success in the heat of the moment

cripterion

Is the
Nil
quest line worth doing? No spoilers pls

It is tied to other things you have to do, you might just be doing them as we speak.

Anyone have a link to a good video of combat so I can see what I'm doing wrong? I just had a heck of a time with two corruptors, and earlier also struggled with the quarry. I feel like I rely too much on the sharpshooter bow and it's not as effective as it feels like it should be, even though I've put decent mods on it. I keep trying to think of ways to use the other weapons but don't have much success in the heat of the moment

Get the shadow slinger that throws ice bombs, put some ice mods on it and then go to town with your bow, I pout tear and dmg mods. If you have the triple arrow skill you kill pretty much anything in the game with ease.

This game has the strangest TOD cycle ever. Conditions can change drastically in a matter of seconds. One second you're enjoying the sunshine and then it's full on clouds and raining.

I'm enjoying it so far, taking it slow and seeing all the sites.

Beautiful ass game.

How satisfied with the ending were you?
Hm, pretty satisfied.

From what I see buy back option is just like an undo for that session not if you needed things later on. I'm a completionist and everything maxed out so far, and I'm planning to get the new weapons and outfits later in the game and I don't wanna regret or grind/farm for items later. I'm at level 33 and still at
Maker's End
in the story btw.

I read on some articles that those desert glasses and braiding stuff are valuable to keep but til now I don't see any purpose of them that's why I explicitly mentioned them on my post so if anybody finished the game got all the weapons including the
lodge versions
and many outfits will give me a direct answer if they ever used them or not
Once you get to Meridian, go to the Hunter Seller and check out what he is selling.
He sells all the gear in the game so you can just see there what you actually need.
I don't remember needing desert glass or any rare stuff from human drops for anything. There's also another seller that sells
all the rare drops from robot animals.
As for the
lodge weapons
, they don't require anything.

I didn't collect all the outfits, but I did platinum the game. I rarely had to deal with inventory once I figured out that most of it was being taken up by stuff that made shock/ice/corruptions arrows, and I barely used them so I trashed the extra 10 stacks I never used. For items that are not used for ammo crafting, you'll never need more than one stack. So if you have 3 stacks of watcher hearts, sell two stacks.

iosa

Got stuck under a building yesterday so I had to fast travel to get out.

Managed to take this screenshot after climbing it though.

ylT8gju.jpg

Xeteh

Corruptors are tricky early on. You can use a Ropecaster to bring it down and use the chance to burn or freeze it. Once it overheats you can hit the core that pops out of the head for for bonus damage. Honestly, try weapons you think might not be super useful and you might be surprised. I thought I'd hate the Slings and totally avoided them for the first 15-20 hours of gameplay and now I love them. They do so much work and they're what I use for Corruptors now, freeze with one sling and just go to town on them with the other's explosive bombs.

Gradly

I haven't finished the game but once you reach Meridian you can safely sell most Lenses/Hearts because there's a vendor that sells them if you really need one though I'm not sure if he sells some of the harder machines' so maybe hold on to those. I'm pretty sure Desert Glass is just vendor trash (check the item in your inventory, it tells you what it is used for) and Crystal Braiding is used for a weapon at the very least iirc. All the ancient stuff (ring, watch, chimes etc) are for vendoring. I don't think there's a vendor that buys anything for more than the others but I've been wrong before.

Yea I know but they are expensive, you sell Thunderjaw heart for 200 but you buy a Ravager heart for 850 if not mistaken, the issue is that there are still some weapons and outfits are not available for me right now, and I don't know the requirements for them.

So far Crystal Braiding is collecting dust in my inventory haha

tmac456

got home from work tonight around 11:30 and decided to watch some tv and lounge. 12:30 hits and I get the itch to fire up horizon. just logged off 10 minutes ago........

decided to enter a cauldron(level 11 one. can't remember the name) since I haven't been in one since the initial one. fun stuff. I'm off tomorrow so I may try to pound out some main quests. I get side-tracked so easily in this game

TTG

Now that I have tinkerer I'm able to really amplify elemental damage based on the encounter, helped me get a handle on things. My perpetual frustration is still the one hit kill melee attacks. It's probably the difficulty I'm playing on, but still, like 90% of these dinos can one shot me.

A couple of things they should have implemented:

1. More staggers. Any time there's a limit break on an elemental attack it should be a stagger. A leveled up crit only does 200 damage, risking running into the fray to land one is rarely worth it anyway so there's no downside. On the other hand, it could give the player a handle on rampaging ravagers and whatever else.

2. A stealth meter that actually works. Nothing like sitting in some tall grass with the eye closed only to have some asshole beeline for you from across the arena.

3. Stealth attacks should scale, it's obsolete on anything high level.

4. For God's sake allow me to direct the machine I've overridden around. How is this not a thing?

JJShadow

Just checked my playtime: 25 hours in and I still haven't reached Meridian lol I think this is the only open-world game where I feel the need to fight every single random enemy (robots in this case) I find in my way, combat is such a joy

black070

Dumb question but can someone explain to me how sprinting on a mount works ? Do you continually press x or just keep it held down ?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Yeah, indeed. My first Tallneck climb was actually kinda underwhelming.

I've had higher and trickier climb when reaching the wooden statues and some vantage points.
It should be a massive struggle to climb a Tallneck like 7-8 Glinthawks everywhere, and when you reach the top you fight a Stormbird which can interrupt your override.

I hope they increase the challenge in the sequel.

cripterion

Now that I have tinkerer I'm able to really amplify elemental damage based on the encounter, helped me get a handle on things. My perpetual frustration is still the one hit kill melee attacks. It's probably the difficulty I'm playing on, but still, like 90% of these dinos can one shot me.

A couple of things they should have implemented:

1. More staggers. Any time there's a limit break on an elemental attack it should be a stagger. A leveled up crit only does 200 damage, risking running into the fray to land one is rarely worth it anyway so there's no downside. On the other hand, it could give the player a handle on rampaging ravagers and whatever else.

2. A stealth meter that actually works. Nothing like sitting in some tall grass with the eye closed only to have some asshole beeline for you from across the arena.

3. Stealth attacks should scale, it's obsolete on anything high level.

4. For God's sake allow me to direct the machine I've overridden around. How is this not a thing?

Number 4 would make the game way too easy. It's up to you to attract other robots to the machine you've overriden. The game gives you tools for that.

I mean if you could command a Sawtooth or a Ravager, hell imagine a Hunter that would be fucking OP

But why before it showed as 30/30? I think this happened after I got the skill to shoot 2 arrows
Yeah, that's exactly why it happened. Once you get that skill it changes to show you how many arrows you currently have knocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom