• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a really annoying thing happening when aiming. It sometimes slows down when aiming right and that's taking me out of the game. It's almost like a sync issue. Makes me anxious.

Other than that it's fun so far. Looks insane on the Pro. Music is really nice too.

I watched your video, looks a bit like what happens with one of my controllers that sometimes has dodgy inputs pushing up on the left stick. Instead of walking smoothly I get a period of stuttery slow movement .. Terrible when it happens in the middle of a boss fight. Do you have another controller to test with?

SlickVic

Now try it without health bars.

Nah, I actually like it with the health bars. I like seeing the health bar go down to that last 10% (especially on the tougher enemies), which then signals me to make one last push with a storm of fire arrows accompanied with that last kick of adrenaline knowing you're about to best a powerful enemy.

Sometimes enemy health bars can feel a bit "video gamey", but in Horizon's case, I think it makes sense as simply more data that your Focus is feeding you about your surroundings.

Nah, I actually like it with the health bars. I like seeing the health bar go down to that last 10% (especially on the tougher enemies), which then signals me to make one last push with a storm of fire arrows accompanied with that last kick of adrenaline knowing you're about to best a powerful enemy.

Sometimes enemy health bars can feel a bit "video gamey", but in Horizon's case, I think it makes sense as simply more data that your Focus is feeding you about your surroundings.

I wish they would have tied all the UI to the Focus like that one game that had the HUD on the back/side of the character. It's really jarring after you've been playing without it and then all of a sudden everything pops up on screen.

I agree though it's nice to know when it's safe to go in with the wombo combo.

I wish they would have tied all the UI to the Focus like that one game that had the HUD on the back/side of the character. It's really jarring after you've been playing without it and then all of a sudden everything pops up on screen.

I believe you're referring to Dead Space.

Radec

Question about Nil and the all allies trophy..

I already beat the main story and after that I finished the bandit. I haven't seen Nil made me a choice to duel him or say no. What quest is this? How do you get the all allies trophy after beating the main quest?

MaKTaiL

Joined the platinum club at 52 hours played!

Now I'm sad that I completed everything :(
Well, maybe not everything. Try getting all text logs (use guide). It will surely give some more time with the game. :)

I already beat the main story and after that I finished the bandit. I haven't seen Nil made me a choice to duel him or say no. What quest is this? How do you get the all allies trophy after beating the main quest?
Nil doesn't count for All Allies trophy. All you have to do is complete all major side quests, then you start the last mission and it should pop up right at the beggining.

SlickVic

Yeah, was it Dead Space that did that? Very neat how they presented it.

I do like the dynamic HUD in this game, and I think it's one of the better uses for the DS4 touchpad that I've seen. It feels like someone realized how busy the screen can get with all the UI elements. And while I do feel a lot of that information is important enough to be quickly accessible, it is nice how elegantly it can be hidden and brought back.

VanWinkle

35 hours in. Three more main quests to go! This story is INSANELY awesome!

First open world game that I've read EVERY piece of in-game lore that I stumble upon.

LiK

Zelda also drops to 20fps, something has to give somewhere. People rag on the water and grass physics in this game but it runs at 1080p/4K with the most rock solid framerate of any open world game out there. You have to sacrifice something.

Grass is fine for me but the water is just bad. Hoping they can refine the tech. Swimming looks like an old game suddenly. GTAV is probably the gold standard. The water physics and graphics are insane there.

Pancho

Qurupancho
Just finished the game...what a journey

I have to point out (vantage point and story spoilers)
When you first start accessing these vantage points you might think that this guy might play an important role later on, but its just some poor sap that managed to find out about the impending apocalypse before it was made public. Just some regular guy reminiscing about his troubled life and coming to terms with the inevitable doom that awaits humanity, I feel that it was a really sad twist :(

TTG

Very Hard or bust.

Yes. If you played through almost the entire game in a stealth outfit like I did, those one hit kill melees are gonna be frustrating, but it's worth it. I don't want to say it's the right way to play, but when I see posts about melee combat, I just wonder why you would ever run up to a dino and just start whacking it with a spear.

No story spoilers but question about endgame and trophies.

When I beat the story will it
put keep back to a point where I can finish all of the side content and redo the final mission to get that All Allies Join trophy?

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
No story spoilers but question about endgame and trophies.

When I beat the story will it
put keep back to a point where I can finish all of the side content and redo the final mission to get that All Allies Join trophy?

Yes.

Ferrio

Banned
Yes. If you played through almost the entire game in a stealth outfit like I did, those one hit kill melees are gonna be frustrating, but it's worth it. I don't want to say it's the right way to play, but when I see posts about melee combat, I just wonder why you would ever run up to a dino and just start whacking it with a spear.

Stealth is beyond busted once you invest in it enough.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Either I'm not getting it, or this game is too hard for me.

My character level is 15, I go to a level 12 main mission, game puts me against 2 level 18 corrupters, a couple of hits and I'm dead. Tried this mission three times and I couldn't do anything about it. What the fuck.

My character level is 15, I go to a level 12 main mission, game puts me against 2 level 18 corrupters, a couple of hits and I'm dead. Tried this mission three times and I couldn't do anything about it. What the fuck.
We should put in this op but reccommended levels don't mean jack since you can still get your ass kicked at max level. Use everything in your arsenal and try to isolate your enemies

Ferrio

Banned

If you don't have a ropecaster get one, most useful weapon in the game. You can
tie down machines to take them out of the fight for awhile, helps when you're against multiple enemies.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Stealth is beyond busted once you invest in it enough.

I'm level 22 playing on hard and haven't put any points into stealth for this reason. Haven't even upgraded my outfit from the one given to me come to think of it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Nill shows up when you clear all bandit camps I assume, thats what happened to me at least, he showed up on the last one.

Finished all side quests but I just cannot force myself to find all the collectable stuff. I just never find that fun.
Game is still amazing. Wish there was a way to make the dinobots all gather at a point and have them do a free for all.

wapplew

Finished all side quests but I just cannot force myself to find all the collectable stuff. I just never find that fun.
Game is still amazing. Wish there was a way to make the dinobots all gather at a point and have them do a free for all.

At lease try find those vantage points, good story attached to it.

lionpants

Man... Coming back to this after playing Zelda for a week. The control differences are messing with my mind. And I feel so... confined. Can't climb shit. I keep trying to glide when jumping off a rock.

Theyre so easy though, with a Gold Travel Pack. You also get to explore areas you haven't been to, I had fun collecting everything. If you get stuck on finding some - youtube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom