• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT2| Red Head Redemption

I know this will be an unpopular opinion due To the amount of love this game's combat has received but the whole Ravager v. Thunderjaw hunting ground is sort of proof that these systems don't work as well as they think it does.

Still cool though.

What animal is the Rockbreaker based off of anyway?

Besides it's aggression, it's quite similar to the mole.

bunkitz

Just finished the game. Holy fuck. 76 glorious hours. I'm having a hard time deciding if I love this more than The Witcher 3. (to decide which is my favorite game this gen)

Sylens, you shit! What the hell, man!? You really would do anything for knowledge. Sheesh. Well, I don't know, I just hope he doesn't let HADES out or anything like that. That Horus, though though. And I wonder where he was... Forbidden West, perhaps? First thought that popped into my head.

BUT ALOY FINDING ELISABET UGH MY HEART I'M SO HAPPY FOR HER

I was wondering about the Metal Flowers, then saw the flowers around Elisabet. That was a big, happy "Woah!" moment, but I'm actually still not too clear on that... GAIA's dead, so who was creating them?

Man, oh man. I am so excited for that sequel! I was worried that they'd no longer have the big hook of mysteries, but they haven't explained some stuff yet, so I trust them to be able to pull off another great enthralling story.
I didn't think about who brought HADES back until Sylens mentioned it. And they still haven't said what exactly corrupted the machines or caused HADES to go wrong and stuff, right?

Lut3WC0.gif

Just finished the game. Holy fuck. 76 glorious hours. I'm having a hard time deciding if I love this more than The Witcher 3. (to decide which is my favorite game this gen)

Sylens, you shit! What the hell, man!? You really would do anything for knowledge. Sheesh. Well, I don't know, I just hope he doesn't let HADES out or anything like that. That Horus, though though. And I wonder where he was... Forbidden West, perhaps? First thought that popped into my head.

I was wondering about the Metal Flowers, then saw the flowers around Elisabet. That was a big, happy "Woah!" moment, but I'm actually still not too clear on that... GAIA's dead, so who was creating them?

Man, oh man. I am so excited for that sequel! I was worried that they'd no longer have the big hook of mysteries, but they haven't explained some stuff yet, so I trust them to be able to pull off another great enthralling story.
I didn't think about who brought HADES back until Sylens mentioned it. And they still haven't said what exactly corrupted the machines or caused HADES to go wrong and stuff, right?

We've discussed some of this stuff in the spoiler thread :D pop there, it's got some great insight.

You should definitely check out the spoiler thread. To briefly answer your question about the flowers:
DEMETER

Melchiah

I've been doing mostly sidequests, and I'm already at level 42 before starting the main quest G
rave-Hoard
. I was just wondering if the game has any similarities to ME trilogy in a sense, that doing things in a "wrong" order may affect the story or the characters (eg. Liara and Wrex in ME1)?

shiba5

I've been doing mostly sidequests, and I'm already at level 42 before starting the main quest G
rave-Hoard
. I was just wondering if the game has any similarities to ME trilogy in a sense, that doing things in a "wrong" order may affect the story or the characters (eg. Liara and Wrex in ME1)?

Nope. There's no wrong order, but some conversations may change depending on what you've already done.

Anyone else's Aloy have severe trouble leaving water?

It's so gangly and unnatural... the rest of the game is so smooth and yet getting out of water to a small ledge or a big ledge can turn into a convoluted confusing mess

Some stats Machines defeated

Watchers 1114

Grazer 964

Scrappers 606

Long legs 204

Behemoths 131

Shell-Walkers 182

RockBreakers 127 Used to be scare of the RB but not no more since 4 frozen arrows and a few sling shot bomb does them in fast, Plus there a great source for rare Weapon coils

Thunder jaw 63

Stormbird 10

el87

Amazing! This game. It's something special.

Almost platinumed on simple play through as well. Just didn't have the training dummy throphy.

sn00zer

Only around 10hrs and just got outside of Nora lands. Love the little references to other Sci if stuff. Aliens reference in the
dream sequence
was great.

Been pleasantly surprised by the game. Don't like the Far Cry mission structures but the machine fighting is straight excellent

BeeDog

Some stats Machines defeated

Watchers 1114

Grazer 964

Scrappers 606

Long legs 204

Behemoths 131

Shell-Walkers 182

RockBreakers 127 Used to be scare of the RB but not no more since 4 frozen arrows and a few sling shot bomb does them in fast, Plus there a great source for rare Weapon coils

Thunder jaw 63

Stormbird 10

Where do rockbreakers spawn on the map?

You know what's amazing, it's that the animation is so good you could think this is CGI or something (yes, the transition between the animations makes it kinda obvious this is in-game, but still the rest is just too good).

Yea and I noticed that 60/65 hours into the game. I was fighting 3 Behemoths with a Behemoth I tamed, the fight ended and I was looking for my Behemoth, whether it survived this hell of a fight or not. And here it was, walking just like this, with a leg broken. It stops sometimes to recollect, puts its leg on the ground then lifts it up and keeps moving. I TRULY felt sorry for it because it really looked like it was in pain.

Not sure how you was fighting 3 behemoths when there's only 3 overall on the map? two in the north west and one that's part of a convoy with a long leg that doesn't pass anywhere near the two in the north west?

Falchion

Doing the mission in the Sun Ring was awesome. As soon as I saw that when I arrived in Sunfall, I knew I would end up there at some point. Loved that you started without your weapons and then get them back and commence to just fuck the Behemoth up.

Joco

Just did the
sidequest where you go to the Banuk village where the machines live alongside humans. After the Oseram damage the signal that calms the machines I was really expecting the Thunderjaw to wake up.

Top Bottom