• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT2| Red Head Redemption

Track I really, really dig from the soundtrack:

Victory - high pitched piano and strings tucking at the heart strings, man
Aloy's Journey - takes Aloy's theme phrase and changes it, doing some interesting stuff
The Future by its Throat - has some syncopated beats that would be awesome to cut a combat video to
Planned Obsolescence - love the transition to compound time midways

Something I want for the sequel is for them to work more thematic phrases into the soundtrack, John Williams style. The mix of percussion, electronics and strings is amazing, I love it, keep it like that :D

melkier33

Has anyone tried it with 3D audio? Thoughts?

I tried it briefly with the uncharted profile. Seems like a big improvement, compared to my play through without 3D audio. Again I only tested it for a few minutes haven't really tried to play it but I was disappointed with the audio through head phones before, this seems to have fixed that. Wish this was there in release.

Veelk

Banned
I'm trying to get back into the Mother's watch village so I can get the power cell, but it's not letting me. The online guides say it should be open at night, but it's not. How can I get in?

zma1013

I'm trying to get back into the Mother's watch village so I can get the power cell, but it's not letting me. The online guides say it should be open at night, but it's not. How can I get in?

Go there at night, then run outside and across the little bridge and then run back and it will be open.

Vinc

35 hours in and despite some issues with the pacing / writing, I'm enjoying this game so damn much. One of the best RPGs I've ever played, up there with The Witcher 3. Guerilla really hit it out of the park and I'm looking forward to a long future for this franchise. I've done almost every side quest and errand. Just a quick question for people who know (no spoilers, please):

I'm at the point in "deep secrets of the earth" where I'm essentially told to finish every side mission before I proceed. Will I get the chance to come back and complete everything after whatever this section is ends?

35 hours in and despite some issues with the pacing / writing, I'm enjoying this game so damn much. One of the best RPGs I've ever played, up there with The Witcher 3. Guerilla really hit it out of the park and I'm looking forward to a long future for this franchise. I've done almost every side quest and errand. Just a quick question for people who know (no spoilers, please):

I'm at the point in "deep secrets of the earth" where I'm essentially told to finish every side mission before I proceed. Will I get the chance to come back and complete everything after whatever this section is ends?

Yes, still quite a lot before the end of the game.

Edit: Step forward with confidence. ;)

Popsickles

Later in the story you can go back. Don't worry as you don't get the last one till late in the game so you are not missing anything till then

zma1013

Is it the first gate that is closed or the second? First gate should be open and it's the second one that gets stuck. Not sure what to do if it's the first gate closed.

The Hunting Trials are so much fun. I finished all of them a week or so ago and had an absolute blast. Didn't look any tips or tricks online, just kept trying new things until I got the Blazing Sun in all the trials. I would love for more of these trials to be added in the next DLC. Or add some type of Hunting Trial Arenas where you can post your best times/scores online and compete against your friends and others.

What would be super awesome is being able to set up your own custom Hunting Trials and share them with your friends. You could create the time limits, the beasts you have to fight, the weapons or ammo you have to use, and the specific conditions like what other beasts are in the same arena while trying to complete the trial. Are you listening Guerilla?

sn00zer

Can anyone confirm whether or not James Gurney is in the credits of Horizon? Probably in a special thanks.

I am loving Horizon and it is drawing heavily from Dinotopia, so I was hoping the creator got a special mention or something.

Alebrije

Finished the game , got platinum....now I do not know what to play.... Not had this sense since FF7 ......

Guess will get new Zelda since it seems is also great.

Slixshot

Banned
Just finished the meridian quest line:

Erend
quote: "when I first met you I thought I was a big shot... now I see I was lucky to just get a minute of your time."

That wasn't verbatim, but that quote was incredibly well written. Hot damn!

Just finished the meridian quest line:

Erend
quote: "when I first met you I thought I was a big shot... now I see I was lucky to just get a minute of your time."

That wasn't verbatim, but that quote was incredibly well written. Hot damn!

Yeah that's pretty fantastic quote.

Falchion

When is it possible to get the
Ultraweave Armor? I'm at the Looming Shadow quest preparing for the final (maybe?) battle and this is the only side quest or errand I have uncompleted. Is it possible to get it by this point or should I just wait?

When is it possible to get the
Ultraweave Armor? I'm at the Looming Shadow quest preparing for the final (maybe?) battle and this is the only side quest or errand I have uncompleted. Is it possible to get it by this point or should I just wait?
Yeah, you can get it now. I recommend getting it now as well. It'll be useful for the final battle.

Megasoum

Banned
I'm coming back to the game after almost a month not playing (because of Zelda and Mass Effect).

It's rought to get back into it but looking forward to continuing my playthrough.

torontoml

Any reason to not use the stealth suit ? I switched to a more melee protection one, but now machines spot me easily.
I'd say it depends on how you want to play. My first playthrough I went stealth, then found out how kinda OP it is. So I'm playing through again without using it to have a different experience.

Kiro

I love this game. But after playing zelda I feel so... stuck on the ground. Plus relearning the controls took an hour or so. Great game and still enjoying it but I don't think I'll platinum it any more. Just story and few other things unless something reinvigorates me during it.

Falchion

Going to finish up the collectibles before the final mission tomorrow. I've been playing this game regularly for the past month and I'm sad that's it's getting close to finishing.

yayaba

Getting the worst bouts of motion sickness while playing this game. Literally had to eject this after 30 minutes today which is a real shame. I'm not even sure what it is that's causing it. I think the camera is too close to Aloy most of the game and also I have to whip the camera around a lot during intense fights and/or run away and get stuck in very tight spaces.

I was taking my time with this but at this point I think I'm going to have to critical path it, otherwise I don't think I can handle this long term. Shame :-/

Top Bottom