• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT2| Red Head Redemption

RocknRola

I still haven't received my platinum loot for this game :S Not that it's something that makes or breaks the experience, but I'd like to get it at some point.

Venture

The animation in this game is just crazy. I'm still noticing new things.

Injured Sawtooth after shooting it's leg.
EI0SeOR.gif

I almost feel sorry for it.

Button

Banned
I'm level 31 now and haven't gotten to Meri... Etc. Should I go now before the story missions become a cakewalk due to my level?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but leveling up only affects your health? I doubt it would be a cakewalk even with max health, just turn up the difficulty if you think it's too easy.

RocknRola

Took a week for mine to come through. When did you get the plat?

On March 12th, at exactly 16:37 according to my trophy list :p

I've been checking my spam folder too, just in case, but I doubt it would end up there since all my PS emails (purchases and the like) arrive on the main box and right away too. Kinda weird :S

David___

Banned
Just beat the game, and what a game it was. Im still shocked the quality of everything was as high as it was considering this was GGs first open world rpg theyve ever made. I cant wait for the sequel.

I noticed they limped when I was going for the mullt-kill challange with the Blast Sling at one of the hunting grounds. Really nice touch they added there

Admodieus

Just wrapped this one up and got the platinum. Loved every minute of the game, but I struggled with finding fun in the combat until I got the blast sling, war bow, and sharpshot bow. After acquiring those weapons, I felt my options opened up significantly and I was really enjoying myself.

The story was well thought out and well executed. One area of the story I would love to see given a little bit of attention in a sequel would be
the Odyssey, with its alpha version of Apollo. That may be the last version of Apollo left since Ted Faro purged the rest of it.
Guerrilla deserves a nice break after putting this out, but then please get working on a sequel for 3-4 years from now.

RPGCrazied

Wish I could find a gun that you used at the
final battle
. That was tearing into everything. Is another one in the game somewhere? Its really OP.

hydruxo

Wish I could find a gun that you used at the
final battle
. That was tearing into everything. Is another one in the game somewhere? Its really OP.

The
Oseram cannon
? You use it in
another side quest also but that's about it.

I'm level 31 now and haven't gotten to Meri... Etc. Should I go now before the story missions become a cakewalk due to my level?

Level doesn't really mean much of anything in this game besides extra skill points and slightly more HP. Enemies, quests, and encounters remain the same difficulty throughout. Getting the Shadow weapons is a big help.

Thinking of buying the Digital Deluxe Edition Is there anything special about the

Carja Storm Ranger Outfit and Mighty Bow
Banuk Trailblazer Outfit and Culling Bow

yella

The
Oseram cannon
? You use it in
another side quest also but that's about it.

Level doesn't really mean much of anything in this game besides extra skill points and slightly more HP. Enemies, quests, and encounters remain the same difficulty throughout. Getting the Shadow weapons is a big help.

Where can you find this
sidequest
? I thought I had completed all of them and I never had a use for it outside of the
final battle

Skux

Thinking of buying the Digital Deluxe Edition Is there anything special about the

Carja Storm Ranger Outfit and Mighty Bow
Banuk Trailblazer Outfit and Culling Bow

Not really. The outfits are better than your starting gear but they'll eventually be outclassed.

Jacob4815

I hate the rain in the Nora part of the map! So intrusive and frequent!
Thank God the rain never happens in the desert zone or the jungle...

I hope they will fix the randomic occurrence of the rain in the Nora valley, in a future update...

Quick question about a mission titled "Deep Secrets of the Earth"

Is it the last mission? Sylens says something about getting everything ready before entering.
A simple yes or no answer is enough. Don't want any spoilers.

molnizzle

Lots of them are far easier if you are further into the game and have different gear. What level are you?

Level 40, I have all the weapons and most of the skill tree unlocked. Some of the trials just involve so a large amount of RNG to get the best time. Very frustrating.

Got an email today from Sony congratulating me on finishing the game. Nice touch Sony!!

Finished the game earlier this week, and getting this e-mail a few days later actually motivated me to go back for the plat, which I just got today. It's my first platinum for a non-Telltale style game, so it's a great way to cap off the 70 or so hours I spent with Aloy and the vibrant world that Guerilla created. Definitely one of my favorite games of this gen so far.

I also finished off all the side quests and errands that I still had pending, and am at 98.34% completion or something rather close to that. What else counts toward the completion percentage that I could be missing? It doesn't seem like it's audio logs, but I am missing a few.

Man. Some of these hunting trials are bullshit.

Ugh.
I don't usually enjoy timed activities in games, so the trials were the main barrier keeping me from going for the platinum trophy, but I decided to try to tackle them today and they were actually pretty easy and fun, and I am super psyched to have the plat for this game because I don't usually go for them. I was at level 50 and had all the shadow gear (and the shield weaver armor) after finishing the main story, and this made most of the trials far less intimidating than they seemed when I first encountered them.

The biggest thing to remember is that each one usually has a strategy or two that makes them fairly simple, and having all of the gear available usually makes it fairly clear which strategy this is, but it can also be fun experimenting a bit. In addition, they are pretty fair in terms of what they're asking. The
tie-down trial
for instance wants you to
critical hit a glinthawk three times - you can crit hit the same glinthawk multiple times and it will count.

In addition, the trials don't punish you for dying. The second you complete the objective it registers and even if you are killed right after, you can still go up to the trial keeper after you respawn and get your rewards, so you can really focus on the objective despite the rest of the chaos that might be going on for some of them.

All these things together made them a lot more fun than I was anticipating and I really commend Guerilla for the design of these.

AtkO

You know what's amazing, it's that the animation is so good you could think this is CGI or something (yes, the transition between the animations makes it kinda obvious this is in-game, but still the rest is just too good).

Yea and I noticed that 60/65 hours into the game. I was fighting 3 Behemoths with a Behemoth I tamed, the fight ended and I was looking for my Behemoth, whether it survived this hell of a fight or not. And here it was, walking just like this, with a leg broken. It stops sometimes to recollect, puts its leg on the ground then lifts it up and keeps moving. I TRULY felt sorry for it because it really looked like it was in pain.

Rushed my platinum progress cause Persona 5 is almost here. did everything now but beat the fucking game, which I should do tonight or tomorrow.

Humdinger

Love this game. They packed it with content, and yet it does not feel padded. Great work. I can see myself replaying it in the future.

alexbull_uk

Level 40, I have all the weapons and most of the skill tree unlocked. Some of the trials just involve so a large amount of RNG to get the best time. Very frustrating.

Lots of us here have platinumed so if there's a specific one you need help with someone should be able to offer a decent strat.

Havok1313

Finally finished the game and got my platinum trophy. 72 hours.

I really loved this thing. High hopes for sequels if they can keep the story going well.

Top Bottom