• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT2| Red Head Redemption

That's how stars 'move' across the sky, because the earth is a spherical object rotating on its axis.

Although the change in direction of the stars in the gif would indicate the Earth moving in an unnatural way. the stars almost stop and then completely change direction, which would mean the Earth slowing down and then moving vertically on it's axis.

Lol I went too deep with this I realise.

Haven't had the chance to play this much with everything else been released lately but I received my guide (future press) and it's a stunning piece of work! There's so much data packed into it and it's around 600 pages, as someone who used to work for Piggyback I have to tip my hat off to them, one of the best I've seen in a long time.

They need to hurry up with that Last Guardian book now.

MZdJvY7.gif

God, the way enemies move in this game is just incredible. Look at the way the Sawtooth isn't just mindlessly following in a line behind her. It's watching the direction she's moving as its attempting get in front of her and cut her off.

It's amazing. I've never seen animation like this before.

bosseye

God, the way enemies move in this game is just incredible. Look at the way the Sawtooth isn't just mindlessly following in a line behind her. It's watching the direction she's moving as its attempting get in front of her and cut her off.

Awesome isn't it. Even those robots that fire projectiles actively lead your movement with their shots, if you just try and run to one side, you'll find yourself running into their shot

RefigeKru

Banned

I have a clip from quite early in the game where I noticed how well the enemies place themselves relative to Aloy's position, annoyingly I'm finding it hard to upload at the moment. >_<

A complete nothing moment that ended up being one of the best fights I've ever lost in this game. Was about to finish for the night, tagged a save point, ran straight there after exploring, had no herbs and like 2/3 potions remaining
(this was before I knew corrupted watchers required more than a few fire arrows to dispose of and eye shots with basic arrows weren't 1 shot 1 kill whoops)
, fired a few at one, before I knew it there were 4 around me but the way they surrounded me actually made it an interesting fight.

They followed my direction well, cut off my escape and it seemed as though they had a formation with one up front doing melee and the others taking potshots from a distance. When I backed up they spread out in distance but still held a formation - the most damaged actually retreated up a hill in my blind spot!

The AI of the machines is on point.

Awesome isn't it. Even those robots that fire projectiles actively lead your movement with their shots, if you just try and run to one side, you'll find yourself running into their shot

Yup, this actually happens in the clip too. I see one aiming a shot from a distance expecting to dodge but it predicted my slide.

I'll try upload the clip, it's a perfect example of how shit gets real in Horizon when you underestimate your enemy.

Tankshell

Just noticed something in this that I had not noticed before, when the Sawtooth falls to the ground, the grass around it reacts appropriately. I had previously thought that only the tall red grass had any sort of reaction to enemies/player character.

If they can program the shorter grass to react to larger enemies falling, then why can't they program it to react to Aloy walking/running through it? I really liked this effect in Zelda:BOTW recently.

Melchiah

I've now gotten Full Suns from all the Hunting Grounds, and I'm just about to start the last story missions. Are Blazing Suns required for getting all the allies?

I've now gotten Full Suns from all the Hunting Grounds, and I'm just about to start the last story missions. Are Blazing Suns required for getting all the allies?
No, just getting all the hunting lodge weapons. That's the same thing I ended up doing so I could get the platinum.

Thanks for the answer. I'll leave the Blazing Suns and Grazer Dummies after the story then.
FWIW, the Lodge weapons are stronger than the Shadow weapons, and to an extent that's actually fairly helpful in the final battle (IMO), at least with the Lodge Blast Sling for pumping out raw damage.

No, just getting all the hunting lodge weapons. That's the same thing I ended up doing so I could get the platinum.

Don't you need three blazing suns for Talanah? I mean, access the Lodge.

Or with full suns is enough?

True...I mean it's pretty much a requisite at least to me since I actually liked doing all the side quests and Talanah is bae. I think you can get her with like a sun and a half or three half suns or some shit.
Dem lodge weapons though.
Got them so late in the game I could barely enjoy them. Need to load up my save so I can go dino hunting at some point.

Melchiah

FWIW, the Lodge weapons are stronger than the Shadow weapons, and to an extent that's actually fairly helpful in the final battle (IMO), at least with the Lodge Blast Sling for pumping out raw damage.

Dem lodge weapons though.

Full Suns already granted me two of them. I'll get the last one after the story.

I imagine the last battle won't be such an issue with Shadow weapons either, as I'm at max level with +40-50% mods.

Damn. So, I may need to get all Blazing Suns before completing the story after all? I've got 8 already, but the remaining ones are pretty annoying to get, and I wouldn't really want to postpone the story any longer.

Regarding the Lodge character, The
Red Maw
sidequest was definitely one of my favorites.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Congrats Sunhi!

Ask them for more Nil!

So well-deserved, congrats Sunhi!

Your .gifs are THE REASON I bought the game. I mean, my mind told me NOT to buy the game...limited game time...don't like open world games...

But your .gifs, man. Beautiful work.

:)

123rl

My first time in this thread but, damn, what an incredible game. It is a technical masterpiece, plays beautifully, and is engaging and riveting. I love it so much

Top Bottom