• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT2| Red Head Redemption

Melchiah

Wait there are more corrupted Rockbreakers outside the
corrupted zone with the two Rockbreakers
Same with the thunderjaw outside
the normal once that you face though out the story and side quest
?

Those two rockbreakers in the corrupted zone, and there were corrupted Thunderjaws in
Queen's Gambit
sidequest, and
The Heart of Nora.

Styles

I've been out for the last few hours, just got in now but just wanted to say thanks to everyone who wished me well, never would I have thought I'd get such high praise from making and posting gifs from a game let alone a studio visit to another country. Very much looking forward to it. :)

Oh wow, that's a pretty awesome gesture from GG.

Hope you have an amazing time there!

I've been out for the last few hours, just got in now but just wanted to say thanks to everyone who wished me well, never would I have thought I'd get such high praise from making and posting gifs from a game let alone a studio visit to another country. Very much looking forward to it. :)
Congrats! Hope you have fun.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Finished the game last night. Top3 this gen for me. Played only the main quests so far... and im surprised how good this game flowed. Its like a Uncharted kind of quality narrative, with imo better combat mechanics where you can stray of into the open world at any moment. But they never annoy you with fetch quests / random stat checks /grinding. You can play it as a regular linear sp game - love it.

But they have a lot of thing to modify for the sequel. Somehow i finished the game pretty much only using the bow. Would have been nice if certain enemies where immune to arrows. Or enemies with random modifiers, like a Thunderjaw with the shield these craps had or something... Or a little machine, that (if you not kill it first) will repair or combine downed machines into some kind of frankenstein monsters etc. More reward for exploring and more random caves etc. And the whole elements / corruption stats where lost on me, so did all the potions besides heath pots. Certain areas should strongly demand a change in armor / modifiers / and tactics used.

GlamFM

Banned
Finished the game last night. Top3 this gen for me. Played only the main quests so far... and im surprised how good this game flowed. Its like a Uncharted kind of quality narrative, with imo better combat mechanics where you can stray of into the open world at any moment. But they never annoy you with fetch quests / random stat checks /grinding. You can play it as a regular linear sp game - love it.

But they have a lot of thing to modify for the sequel. Somehow i finished the game pretty much only using the bow. Would have been nice if certain enemies where immune to arrows. Or enemies with random modifiers, like a Thunderjaw with the shield these craps had or something... Or a little machine, that (if you not kill it first) will repair or combine downed machines into some kind of frankenstein monsters etc. More reward for exploring and more random caves etc. And the whole elements / corruption stats where lost on me, so did all the potions besides heath pots. Certain areas should strongly demand a change in armor / modifiers / and tactics used.

I actually think that´s the beauty of it. You can play however you want and the game never forces its mechanics on you.

I would love in the sequel to have a machine companion that you can customize to suit your play style, you can unlock new parts for it via quests or by bringing down other machines. Think it would be a natural progression since Aloy seems to enjoy technology (I haven't finished the game yet though!)

TsuWave

we need to pool up to buy and attach a spy cam on sunhilegend. we need that scoop on the dlc and sequel asap

I would love in the sequel to have a machine companion that you can customize to suit your play style, you can unlock new parts for it via quests or by bringing down other machines. Think it would be a natural progression since Aloy seems to enjoy technology (I haven't finished the game yet though!)

companion a.i. in most games tend to be a mess. not sure if want

valkyre

Awesome for Sunhi, absolutely well deserved, we are waiting for impressions of the tour!!
And a big respect towards Guerilla... they really deserve to be considered top tier devs now!

Awesome for Sunhi, absolutely well deserved, we are waiting for impressions of the tour!!
And a big respect towards Guerilla... they really deserve to be considered top tier devs now!
I really hope we're passing the days of people going lol GG or GG has never made a good game now.

Anyway, do you think Sunhi deserves a new thread for this bit of news? I think it's safe to say that Sunhi is probably the king of making gifs on the internet

valkyre

I really hope we're passing the days of people going lol GG or GG has never made a good game now.

Anyway, do you think Sunhi deserves a new thread for this bit of news? I think it's safe to say that Sunhi is probably the king of making gifs on the internet

Those folks were never right even if we exclude Horizon from the equation. Killzone 2 was a masterpiece. KZ 3 was also good. Shadowfall could be great but some decisions held it back.

With Horizon however... they truly outdone not just themselves... but 95% of the developers out there...

And most importantly? They look like awesome dudes. Hermen, Mathias they look like normal down to earth folk who you'd love to drink a beer with.

Congrats mate, hope you have an amazing time, and keep the gifs coming ;)

Wonderful gesture from Guerrilla Games.

Elandyll

Banned
Congrats to Sunhi and thanks for the great gifs :)

Hope there'll be some more in the future, never get tired of them hehe.
Enjoy the trip!

bosseye

Fantastic Sunhi, well done! Your gifs bring me immeasurable joy.

Do a thread once you've been, hopefully they give you a load of free cool stuff too.

Those folks were never right even if we exclude Horizon from the equation. Killzone 2 was a masterpiece. KZ 3 was also good. Shadowfall could be great but some decisions held it back.

With Horizon however... they truly outdone not just themselves... but 95% of the developers out there...

And most importantly? They look like awesome dudes. Hermen, Mathias they look like normal down to earth folk who you'd love to drink a beer with.
I also would include killzone: liberation since mathijs was the game director for that game as well but yeah I agree with your take on Hermen and Mathijs. Also would like to add that Hermen has the most swagger out of all Sony WWS heads

ty_hot

I am just past the part where I am
left to die in the Arena of the Shadow,
and I am saved by that guy that talks to you in your thing. Yes I am not good with names but you got it.

I only need one more shadow weapon (the bow), I have all others which gives me a great range of possibilities of how to approach the situations. It is trully amazing how it changes everything. Game says I am in 44%, is it 44% of the story or 44% of the 100% complete experience (all side missions and hidden things)? I feel like I am ahead of the middle of the story, but at the same time not close to an ending...

btw, story is great and keeps surprising me sometimes. Side missions are interesting as well, but I think the voice acting is not on par with the rest of the game. I dont play many RPGs so maybe that is just common because of the amount of speech lines in this genre...

bunkitz

That's insane. Congrats, Sunhi! Your GIF's are stunning, so this is so well deserved!

I never would have guessed that Guerrilla would be cool enough to do something like this, though. Man, they're really on my radar now.

I am just past the part where I am
left to die in the Arena of the Shadow,
and I am saved by that guy that talks to you in your thing. Yes I am not good with names but you got it.

I only need one more shadow weapon (the bow), I have all others which gives me a great range of possibilities of how to approach the situations. It is trully amazing how it changes everything. Game says I am in 44%, is it 44% of the story or 44% of the 100% complete experience (all side missions and hidden things)? I feel like I am ahead of the middle of the story, but at the same time not close to an ending...

btw, story is great and keeps surprising me sometimes. Side missions are interesting as well, but I think the voice acting is not on par with the rest of the game. I dont play many RPGs so maybe that is just common because of the amount of speech lines in this genre...

44% overall, you're not that far from the end but still a way to go.

MaKTaiL

Just saw this on Twitter, hahaha.

C8uA1JoXsAEk0fk.jpg

I am loving the game, and feel it sets a very high bar with regards to its performance. However I keep noticing a bit of distracting glitch, basically the lighting and atmospheric effects seem really spotty at times.

At one point the sun was setting and whilst I am running around the sky colour was randomly changing. Once it went fully dark, I noticed the ground was still lit up as if it were a sunny day, only for it to slide into the dark glowy green colour it was meant to be.

I took some advice from earlier in the thread and finally stopped hoarding all my money and bought some shadow weapons. Wow they are so much more powerful and the tear boost alone is such a difference maker.

Also, holy hell at how powerful the ravager cannon is. Blows up a rockbreaker in seconds if you shoot their belly. Makes clearing corrupted zones a breaze if you take that in with you.

A giant pelican case with "Faro Technologies" on the side of it arrived for our engineering team today at work.

I have half a mind to destroy whatever it is.

danthefan

Anyone else run into bugs now and then?

I've had the thing I was fighting die in front of the cauldron core so I couldn't access it
Animals running around underwater (not a big deal but takes you out of the game a bit)
And just now I got stuck inside a rock, the game freaked out all the textures went nuts, and I couldn't escape so had to quit

The last one especially really isn't good.

zma1013

What's the reason for the "point of no return" warning in the game when you can still do all the sidequests and whatnot afterwards?

What's the reason for the "point of no return" warning in the game when you can still do all the sidequests and whatnot afterwards?

If I'm remembering correctly part of the world will look different when you come out of that mission and you won't be able to complete some of those side quests in that specific area until you finish the next main story mission. Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Playsage

I guess because
there are changes in the Nora territories? Also, I've never checked if you can do that quest' without completing Varl's and Erend's quests

zma1013

If I'm remembering correctly part of the world will look different when you come out of that mission and you won't be able to complete some of those side quests in that specific area until you finish the next main story mission. Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Oh i see i guess that makes sense.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
So after finishing the game, I noticed something that got me thinking:
The special thanks to Hideo Kojima at the end of the credits, the fact that I found a doll that has the new Kojima Production company logo in the menu as its symbol and it is apparently straight out of Death Stranding.... I watched the DS trailer again. Now what if DS is the prequel to Horizon? All things are connected with wires and red stuff that looks a lot like the corruption from Horizon ZD, machines needing biomass...so all life is ... death str...hmmm .

Well, that would be to good to be true :D

Top Bottom