• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT2| Red Head Redemption

Zackat

Congrats Sunhi! Remember everyone, I put a link to a load of his gifs in the OP. It is under the screenshot section.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Whoa, congrats Sunhi!

Hi there,

Just want to check I haven't been spoiled on the games story as I haven't played it yet.

I was just reading this article:
7 reasons Horizon Zero Dawn is better than Uncharted 4

and I read this little blurb here:
In Horizon, immediately we've got the never-before-seen mesh of sci-fi dinosaur mechs and ancient tribes warring across the land, but that merely provides the backdrop (until near the end, anyway).

Was I spoiled? or
does it just mean the setting of the game goes from being a backdrop to the main focus of the game/story near the end? Or my worst fear, that the setting/world of the game is completely destroyed towards the end?

Edit:
Is this the premise of the game or a spoiler?
Aloy is on a quest to discover the origins of her own mother

You were not spoiled. The first blurb is merely an indication about the pacing, and the second is just really just the basic premise.

Don't worry! But if you are sensitive to spoilers I'd avoid reading articles like that one just in case anyway.

1ZN2Bsv.gif

What's making those vertical explosions?

-griffy-

Banned
I'm not sure Sunhi isn't an ancient AI that is churning out high quality gifs just to placate us. Guerilla may be in for a surprise when they show up.

I've been out for the last few hours, just got in now but just wanted to say thanks to everyone who wished me well, never would I have thought I'd get such high praise from making and posting gifs from a game let alone a studio visit to another country. Very much looking forward to it. :)

Mimosa97

I've been out for the last few hours, just got in now but just wanted to say thanks to everyone who wished me well, never would I have thought I'd get such high praise from making and posting gifs from a game let alone a studio visit to another country. Very much looking forward to it. :)

He/She speaks !!

Congrats dude/dudette !

I wonder where you're from. Are you from an EU country ?

Vroadstar

Congrats Sunhi, you are legendary indeed!

What's making those vertical explosions?
The Thunderjaw shoots out small machines that hover in the air and aim with the blue laser and then shoots down an explosion.

Congrats!

Falchion

The only collectible I have left are the metal flowers and then I can finish the last bit of the story and get my platinum :( . I hate having the end in sight.

jayu26

Congratulations dude, have fun visiting GG. Also, I hope they hire you cut the DLC trailer.

Congrats SunhiLegend enjoy your trip to GG headquarters

Also just got the best Weapon Coil from a thunderjaw

51% Handling
21% Damage
12% Shock

Guess i was wrong it does go pass 50%

Congrats on your trip to Amsterdam, Sunhi. You deserve it.

I have been on a collectable run the last two hours but, boy... That isn't fun at all if you just buy the maps. I don't see any other way to find every single piece of collectable in order to get the platinum, though.

I guess I will just go ahead with the story mission's after 40 hours and do everything else once I get my power armor. Can I play further when I complete the main mission or is there a point of no return?

Melchiah

Also just got the best Weapon Coil from a thunderjaw

51% Handling
21% Damage
12% Shock

Guess i was wrong it does go pass 50%

I've only gotten one +50% mod, and it was pretty early on. It has +50% fire and about +20% damage. I don't recall what the third attribute is.

vivekTO

Congrats!! Post gifs of your office tour and sneakily capture there DlC plans :)

I've only gotten one +50% mod, and it was pretty early on. It has +50% fire and about +20% damage. I don't recall what the third attribute is.

I been grinding weapons mods for the last 60 plus hours Pretty much have every mod 48% to 51%

Damage
Tear
Fire
Shock
Corruption
Handling

Stealth 24%
Range attack 22%
melee attack 20%

Got so many of the 50%+ weapon coils that i can count, But i guess is good to always have a spare

267K Metal Shards and counting

Have fun! Those gifs are top quality.

Kuldar

Congratulation, have fun while visiting the studio. :)

I sold the game to few people just by showing your .gif. :D

Melchiah

I been grinding weapons mods for the last 60 plus hours Pretty much have every mod 48% to 51%

Damage
Tear
Fire
Shock
Corruption
Handling

Stealth 24%
Range attack 22%
melee attack 20%

Got so many of the 50%+ weapon coils that i can count, But i guess is good to always have a spare

267K Metal Shards and counting

To my recollection, I've got four 48-49% mods, where the highest attribute is for either damage, corruption, tear, or shock. The highest stealth outfit mod I have is 23%, and 19% for ranged and melee. I haven't really been grinding for them, just been doing sidequests, collectables and hunting grounds, and fought the machines that come across.

EDIT: Corrupted bigger machines seem to give higher mods, based on a couple of sidequests I've done this week.

To my recollection, I've got four 48-49% mods, where the highest attribute is for either damage, corruption, tear, or shock. The highest stealth outfit mod I have is 23%, and 19% for ranged and melee. I haven't really been grinding for them, just been doing sidequests, collectables and hunting grounds, and fought the machines that come across.

EDIT: Corrupted bigger machines seem to give higher mods, based on a couple of sidequests I've done this week.

Yea when it comes to the armor i normally only keep weaves that are above 20%,

Ranged attacks
melee attacks
stealth

As for the elemental resist weaves i keep the once above 30%

EDIT

While the Corrupted machine are good to get the higher mods, The RB, Behemoths, and Thunderjaw, are the best bet to get the super rare mods

Melchiah

Yea when it comes to the armor i normally only keep weaves that are above 20%,

Ranged attacks
melee attacks
stealth

As for the elemental resist weaves i keep the once above 30%

EDIT

While the Corrupted machine are good to get the higher mods, The RB, Behemoths, and Thunderjaw, are the best bet to get the super rare mods

I haven't used a single elemental resist weave, apart from those where it's a secondary or tertiary attribute, but I still keep them just in case they might be needed at some point.

I don't remember where I got the only 50% mod I have, but corrupted Rockbreakers and Thunderjaws have recently given me good mods.

I haven't used a single elemental resist weave, apart from those where it's a secondary or tertiary attribute, but I still keep them just in case they might be needed at some point.

I don't remember where I got the only 50% mod I have, but corrupted Rockbreakers and Thunderjaws have recently given me good mods.

Wait there are more corrupted Rockbreakers outside the
corrupted zone with the two Rockbreakers
Same with the thunderjaw outside
the normal once that you face though out the story and side quest
?

Edit

i know there are corrupted machines just roaming in the Devils Grief side of the map, But don't think a corrupted RB or Thunderjaw is one of them

Top Bottom