• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT2| Red Head Redemption

So after I finished Mass Effect Andromeda and I got a new TV, I finally can replay the game!

I'm right before entering Mother's Heart before The Proving. One thing I learned that didn't know (because I didn't pay attention) is that being an outcast is a sentence like prison, depending on your crime the time you'll end up being an outcast. I thought once an outcast you couldn't be accepted in the tribe again.

Yopis

Agree with the guy who had minor complaint about standing in place during conversations.

Wish game was like Witcher in that respect. Also wish they gave something to acknowledge playing through hardest difficulty. Would have been cool.

Lastly wish NPC's were not completely static in towns and cities.

They don't even move when you bump them.

Otherwise great game had a blast. They should be proud, excellent fun.

Gitaroo

Anyone having problem unlocking the tore off 5 heavy weapons trophy? I knocked down like atleast 20 disc luancher from the thunderjaw and its still not unlocking

Anyone having problem unlocking the tore off 5 heavy weapons trophy? I knocked down like atleast 20 disc luancher from the thunderjaw and its still not unlocking

Are you sure you're knocking them off with tear weapons and not destroying them?

The weapon has to drop on the ground and be usable by you for it to count.

Try it on Ravager cannons in case Thunderjaws feel bugged to you.

Gitaroo

Are you sure you're knocking them off with tear weapons and not destroying them?

The weapon has to drop on the ground and be usable by you for it to count.

Try it on Ravager cannons in case Thunderjaws feel bugged to you.

Yes, I actually go pick them up, did not kill thunderjaw with it though.

Ok, just killed 6 ravagers with their own canons. Still nothing.

sn00zer

wRhBHn9.gif

This is legit one of the coolest areas in the game

zma1013

Guys what's the most time consuming/annoying thing to get 100% and the platinum? I don't plat any games really but think I might go for this.

This is a fairly easy plat to get, it just takes some time. Most of it just involves completing the story and collecting things. A couple of the hunting challenges may be some trouble but even on very hard they are all doable with some thought, strategy, and some retooling of weapon mods in some cases. You can also just change the difficulty at any time. I'm sure on easy you can do the hunting challenges no problem.

Perhaps it requires you to tear of 5 different types of weapons? Meaning 5 different enemy types? I don't know, just guessing.

Skux

Guys what's the most time consuming/annoying thing to get 100% and the platinum? I don't plat any games really but think I might go for this.

There's nothing that's too hard or time consuming. If you have trouble with the hunting challenges, wait until later in the game when you have better gear and mods, it makes a huge difference in beating the timers.

By the time I was finished with the story I only lacked a few trophies and still had enough fun with just running around the world that none of them really seemed like chores.
Except maybe the 23 dummies, but that also was just a thing of like 10-15 min with the help of a youtube video.

Its a really easy platinum.

Finished it last night. Fucking excellent game. Definitely top 5 of what I've played this gen.

Quick clarification: clocking it puts you before the final encounter in a story context sense, not a save state sense, i.e. all your loot from the final encounter persists, etc. Correct?

So, effectively, you can just loop the ending over and over again?

Tanx!

Trying to do the key side quests that result in the best ending but when I go to the location of this quest there is no one there to trigger it? :S

http://m.uk.ign.com/wikis/horizon-zero-dawn/A_Daughter’s_Vengeance

There aren't really different endings per say. But
you can get some side characters to join you in the final battle if you do their quest.
I don't specifically know how to answer your question about that quest. But I remember finding it on my own randomly.
if I remember correctly you receive the quest from her father.
I didn't click the link btw. Going from memory.

rataplein

do you guys think it's worth it to find all the datapoints and stuff?.

i always love it when dlc or sequels acknowledge things that players have done before. even if by give a comestic extra, or whatever.

and i don't even wanna mess with fireplaces and lighten ones haha.

For the sequel, I hope we can call over more than just overridden mounts. I was finally able to override a Stormbird, but the bastard just kept circling above in its path.

Mossybrew

Finally got around to finishing the game tonight. Great experience overall, but a few aspects were disappointing - overall progression seemed to greatly favor roughly the first half of the game - after a certain point I pretty much had the best weapons I could get, visiting merchants and the currency itself became pointless, and also around this point I'd also seen and fought all of the game's enemies. So while the story kept my interest throughout, some fundamental progression systems had long since run out of gas by the time the credits rolled. I have no doubt that open world games are hard to balance in this respect, and I did do a lot of side quests that first half of the game, but it kinda led to a gradual disinterest on the back half and my attention wandered to other new releases.

Cracklox

Finally got around to finishing the game tonight. Great experience overall, but a few aspects were disappointing - overall progression seemed to greatly favor roughly the first half of the game - after a certain point I pretty much had the best weapons I could get, visiting merchants and the currency itself became pointless, and also around this point I'd also seen and fought all of the game's enemies. So while the story kept my interest throughout, some fundamental progression systems had long since run out of gas by the time the credits rolled. I have no doubt that open world games are hard to balance in this respect, and I did do a lot of side quests that first half of the game, but it kinda led to a gradual disinterest on the back half and my attention wandered to other new releases.

Ya. I'm about two thirds through, and feel like I've passed the point where I'm going to get any significant upgrades. I bought all the shadow gear and outfits I wanted a long time ago, and heck I'm level 38 and have all the skills I want now so its not even exciting going in to pick a new skill to learn anymore. A couple of games of the top of my head that were similar it that regard were Far Cry 3 and most assassins creed games.

Hopefully they can smooth out that progression some in the next game

Regarding enemies, I just took down the fabled
Redmaw
last night, and was kinda disappointed he was just
a pretty standard Thunderjaw which I had already killed a few of. I loved the backstory and buildup, but didn't one of the codex entries describe his hide had body parts of his victims all over it? He looked pretty regular to me

BumRush

The thing is I don't have anything to purchase. I have all the Shadow/Lodge weapons already. The only thing I can think of buying are outfits, something I haven't done yet. I'm still on the second outfit given to you early on because I haven't seen another one that looks better. :/

But you're right, it might be a good idea to sell just to clear up space and avoid the capacity error for a while.

Buy shadow mod boxes!

Completed it. Loved this game. Played in 4K HDR which meant all my screenshots looked awful and dark for some reason but oh well.

Anyone know why this is? Made a nice screenshot with stars and moon etc then upon export everything is black. No detail :S

Heads up for Dutch GAF: There a documentary on the development of Horizon Zero Dawn at 21:05 on NPO2.

This should be it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0eaGRcdwpo

It's a bit more then just about HZD, this is from a serious documentary series that deals with serious issues in the world and society. Still, some very cool shots and there were scenes not in the actual game like a fight with a Thunderjaw between buildings and some sort of temple.

Just finished this. Took my sweet time, did all the side quests and errands, maybe fast traveled once. Took SO MANY screenshots. Loved the story.

God damn, what a game.

Maledict

What a truly amazing game. How did a studio that made sub-par fps games make the best open world action game ever? Graphics, characters, storyline - brilliant. One of the games of the generation.

This should be it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0eaGRcdwpo

It's a bit more then just about HZD, this is from a serious documentary series that deals with serious issues in the world and society. Still, some very cool shots and there were scenes not in the actual game like a fight with a Thunderjaw between buildings and some sort of temple.

The Documentary was fantastic. Video now has captions for dutch parts so everyone should watch when you can...

Anyone? Please! I don't want to miss a potential Platinum (damn you all of those hidden trophies!)

If you refuse, he's initially a bit disappointed but he gets over it and will play a minor role during the finale. Pretty sure you need to refuse the duel if you want Platinum.

Edit: the decision may not actually impact Platinum. I chose not to duel and got the Platinum.

Top Bottom