• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

House GOP may pass Senate's "skinny repeal" outright. CALL YOUR SENATORS.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
GOP fuck: "There are things that need to be done, that could be done, we tried to do it in this bill, again without constructive suggestions from the other side."

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
GOP fuck: "I won't yield for any questions, maybe if you guys spend time looking at he bill."

Dems: "We just got the bill an hour ago."

Well, I'm glad they are calling them out on their bs.

Maxim726X

Please no. No cost to the GOP is worth the number of people getting fucked over if this passes. Tons of people in this thread included.

I know, and it's a shit bill.

But it's probably going to pass.

So we can at least take solace in the fact that it's terrible and helpful to no one.

pompidu

Wait so they're saying it'll go up 20% in cost each year over what's happening now? As in it'll be 44% more expensive in two years and so on

Say you pay 100$ a month, after 8 years of this law, you will be paying approx 515$ a month.

Edit: you'll go from paying 1,200$ a year to approx 6,100$ a year for insurance at year 8.

Xe4

Banned
So wait 43m people will now be uninsured? The fuck! Republicans are subhumans. Both sides my ass.

43 million as compared to the ACA over a period of like ten years. It's a little better than it initially seems. What makes it worse is 15 million next year alone. Jesus fuck.

Aselith

I'm assuming that's a mistake, there's no way we're looking at 100+% increases in premiums by year 5.

Why not? They're talking about making insurers cover preexisting conditions and all the other ACA provisions with no mandate. The mandate is what makes that shit work.

43 million as compared to the ACA over a period of like ten years. It's a little better than it initially seems. What makes it worse is 15 million next year alone. Jesus fuck.

That's only slightly reassuring for what is still a goddamn terrible bill. Yikes!

Lol this republican fuck on CNN "people are getting priced out of the market on the affordable care actress. So clearly the solution is to make it so premiums even more expensive"

What a fuck head

HylianTom

Banned
In addition to the coverage for millions lost, I'm wondering how many rural hospitals will close, how many waves of healthcare layoffs we'll see, how this will ripple through the economy, etc.

I knew we were heading towards truly dark times on that night in November, but it's still horrifying to behold.

kirblar

In addition to the coverage for millions lost, I'm wondering how many rural hospitals will close, how many waves of healthcare layoffs we'll see, how this will ripple through the economy, etc.

I knew we were heading towards truly dark times on that night in November, but it's still horrifying to behold.
This will cause a recession.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Lol this republican fuck on CNN "people are getting priced out of the market on the affordable care actress. So clearly the solution is to make it so premiums even more expensive"

What a fuck head

Dude is up there killing 30 minutes so that nobody on the floor can discuss the bill.

shem935

Banned
It would collapse the industry.

That can't happen.

It's happening right now.

If (when) it passes tonight, it goes to the house, so continue the fight there. If it passes in general? Donate to whoever is going to take this shit to court, because it absolutely will be.

Take it to court? That doesn't make sense. If it passes it is the law, you can't take the law to court.

So if this passes...what is our next plan of action? Besides reminding ourselves about how fucked we are?
I mean it'll have to pass the house is well, and the senate republicans seem confident it won't because they don't actually want the BILL THEY ARE VOTING ON TO PASS

But if it does pass both houses we make sure they own up to this dumpster fire of bill they passed

Top Bottom