• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

House GOP may pass Senate's "skinny repeal" outright. CALL YOUR SENATORS.

Shauni

No it's not. Too many idiots in the country with a propaganda network in Fox News and talk radio fueling their idiocy.

No bill so far has gotten more than a 20% approval rating, and that includes Republicans, too. Conservative media hasn't been able to sell it so far, and they won't this either. People are stupid, but when people are directly affected by something, they can be surprisingly a lot smarter than you expect.

Zolo

I mean it'll have to pass the house is well, and the senate republicans seem confident it won't because they don't actually want the BILL THEY ARE VOTING ON TO PASS

But if it does pass both houses we make sure they own up to this dumpster fire of bill they passed

That was a lie based on what people thought the bill was. It's designed to pass the House.

Xe4

Banned
Take it to court? That doesn't make sense. If it passes it is the law, you can't take the law to court.

Sure you can. Different provisions of the ACA went to the SCOTUS. Twice in fact. There are already plans by different legal firms to take any Republican bill that passes to the supreme court, count on it.

antonz

I mean it'll have to pass the house is well, and the senate republicans seem confident it won't because they don't actually want the BILL THEY ARE VOTING ON TO PASS

But if it does pass both houses we make sure they own up to this dumpster fire of bill they passed

The Senate wants the bill to go to Committee so they can add their Medicaid cuts etc. missing in the senate bill. The problem for some senators is they are "afraid" the house is just going to call a vote immediately after to pass it as is

shem935

Banned
Obviously the in industry would have to adjust in some way, those kinds of increases are untenable.

I mean yeah the markets would melt down.

Sure you can. Different provisions of the ACA went to the SCOTUS. Twice in fact. There are already plans by different legal firms to take any Republican bill that passes to the supreme court, count on it.

It's only changing the law of ACA that has been confirmed constitutional.

No bill so far has gotten more than a 20% approval rating, and that includes Republicans, too. Conservative media hasn't been able to sell it so far, and they won't this either. People are stupid, but when people are directly affected by something, they can be surprisingly a lot smarter than you expect.

A survey taken in Phoenix yesterday gave a 6% approval rating to how the GOP has handled this.

6%.

Shauni

If they were intelligent they would have mobilised against it already, instead of waiting to get fucked over.

What does that even mean? One of the reasons the bill has had such a hard road is the opposition from both sides. Some of you guys are just too quick to hot takes.

Xe4

Banned
It's only changing the law of ACA that has been confirmed constitutional.
Not entirely. The ACA had a key provision of medicaid expansion to all states cut by the SCOTUS. Besides, it could've been thrown out, as laws have been in the past. There are for sure portions of this bill that will be taken to court and have to pass constitutional muster.

tuxfool

Banned
What does that even mean? One of the reasons the bill has had such a hard road is the opposition from both sides. Some of you guys are just too quick to hot takes.

I mean, yeah it has had opposition from both sides. But those people will say, "yeah, the bill it's no good for me, but I'll still vote for X".

Given that passivity, the GOP only had to listen to the crazies.

It would collapse the industry.

That can't happen.

Yeah, almost like it is a terrible plan...

Halting medicaid expansion in a number of states has already led to that exact thing happening with HMOs leaving the exchange market and pushing up costs - it is literally already happening.

This "Senator" from Wyoming is an absolute disgrace of a human being.

"I advocate maintaining continuous coverage," says man who receives top-tier healthcare absolutely free.

theWB27

I mean, yeah it has had opposition from both sides. But those people will say, "yeah, the bill it's no good for me, but I'll still vote for X".

What point does bringing up die hards make?

tuxfool

Banned
What point does bringing up die hards make?

This was the point about people suddenly being intelligent after they've been fucked over.

My point was that if they were really intelligent, they wouldn't actually have let it come to that point. All this pertaining to those that care, obviously those diehards don't, and they made themselves heard.

zethren

Banned
Fuck these corrupt, out of touch motherfuckers. THEY DO NOT REPRESENT US.

They don't even represent the stupid fucking idiots who support Trump, but those same stupid fucking idiots would never know that because they're too busy being fed bullshit by Fox to ever bother learning about...anything.

Go to hell, GOP.

Shauni

This logic makes no sense, because if this is how they felt they would have just passed the ACHA outright and said, fuck it.

Top Bottom