• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

House GOP may pass Senate's "skinny repeal" outright. CALL YOUR SENATORS.

Shauni

Remember that Republicans coasted to this position on an electorate furious that more people got insured. Consider that before banking on the hope that this vote will remove their senate majority.

Furious that more people that aren't them.

There's a reason why healthcare reform has been a death kiss for parties going back to at least GW Bush.

Xe4

Banned
So long as reconciliation exists, Republicans have a huge advantage in the senate. The only upside is I think Democrats can pass tax reform, as higher taxes on the wealth leads to a budgetary increase.

Other than that...

is it though

Uh yes, because nobody was mad that "more people got health insurance". They were mad about the individual mandate, they were mad about premiums going up (which they were going to anyway), they were mad about the black man, they were mad about whatever Sean Hannity told them to be mad about.

Except now things are going to get demonstrably and measurably worse for literally everyone. Literally everyone. Perhaps most of all, Trump's base.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
If my parents have insurance through the exchanges right now, what happens?

They are not going to have insurance for long.

I work for myself and am equally fucked. I have no diseases, no illness, do P90x at least twice a year, bike 10 miles a day, own a house, have no debt, and am not going to be able to get insurance.

Think about what this means for actual poor or sick people.

Joeku

What time was the bill even revealed?

They are not going to have insurance for long.

I work for myself and am equally fucked. I have no diseases, no illness, do P90x at least twice a year, bike 10 miles a day, own a house, have no debt, and am not going to be able to get insurance.

Think about what this means for actual poor or sick people.

Ugh. Good job, GOP voters.

This is gonna pass even though Senators have openly said it is horrid, Republican senators mind you. Lol.

Quibble over five minutes each, you are such a cock sucker, I hate my fucking senator. I would pray that you get prostate cancer but sadly it doesn't work.

Iolo

Is it immediately or starting next year?

Nothing is law yet unless the house pulls a fast one in the next couple days. The major concern here is uncertainty, insurance companies could pull out of the exchanged for 2018 if they cannot get clear answers soon.

Zolo

Nothing is law yet unless the house pulls a fast one in the next couple days. The major concern here is uncertainty, insurance companies could pull out of the exchanged for 2018 if they cannot get clear answers soon.

Expect the House to pull a fast one.

Slime

Banned
We should just skip another Civil War and create two new countries: one for the people who voted for Trump, and one for the people who didn't. If they hate health care so much, let them fend for themselves, and give the sane people a chance to live.

Shauni

This is gonna pass even though Senators have openly said it is horrid, Republican senators mind you. Lol.

Hoping the House will block it despite Ryan already basically saying it'll get rubber stamped in not so many words, so then they can blame the House, while the House blames the Senate for not making a bill that wasn't good, but they were forced to do it. They forced, because they had to do it, for The Rock.

Top Bottom