• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'How Did This Get Made?' podcast appreciation thread

Bread

Banned
how does this podcast have 6 pages yet there isn't even a thread (afaik) for comedy bang bang? cbb is god level comedy podcast.

big ander

how does this podcast have 6 pages yet there isn't even a thread (afaik) for comedy bang bang? cbb is god level comedy podcast.

dunno, I've thought about starting one but that was while the show was going on so I figured there wasn't much point.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
lets make a catch all thread when season 2 premieres

literally one of the most overrated comedians. i love him, but he doesn't hold a candle to paul f tompkins or aukerman.

I don't even know who those guys are.

I'm watching Stop or My Mom Will Shoot right now and I can totally hear them going on about the ass shots of Sly all over the place. This movie is nutso.

I'm watching Stop or My Mom Will Shoot right now and I can totally hear them going on about the ass shots of Sly all over the place. This movie is nutso.

SzUuJ1b.png

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
http://i.imgur.com/SzUuJ1b.png[/IM G][/QUOTE]

You had that image ready kinda quick. Busting out the old hand lotion?

[quote="Bread, post: 56188240"]thus, my first post. comedy bang bang is the peak of comedy podcasting, everyone who likes the comedians on hdtgm need to listen.[/QUOTE]

Then make a thread, dude. I bet 3/4ths of the people that posted in this thread, or have viewed this thread, has never heard of this podcast. And probably would have never checked it out if they didn't stumbled across the thread.

big ander

lets make a catch all thread when season 2 premieres
Sounds good. Hopefully season 2 starts airing earlier in summer rather than later. edit: or just a podcast thread, doesn't matter. maybe it's just me, but for me? either works great.
wha? He's barely rated or famous at all.
Ya, he gets love in this thread but I literally never hear anyone else talk about him.
he's very highly rated in comedy circles. personally I love 'em but I could definitely understand feeling he's overrated. and this isn't a slight or anything, but it seems like the people discovering/going crazy over this podcast aren't as involved in the whole comedy podcast/stand-up sphere. which is cool, fine, just saying to explain how some could see Jason as overrated when others don't even know who he is.

You had that image ready kinda quick. Busting out the old hand lotion?

Ha! I just finished it and was thinking the same thing as Neferteetee. Boring ass movie. Stallone on the movie:

Stallone referred to it as "maybe one of the worst films in the entire solar system, including alien productions we’ve never seen", that "a flatworm could write a better script", and "in some countries – China, I believe – running [the movie] once a week on government television has lowered the birth rate to zero. If they ran it twice a week, I believe in twenty years China would be extinct."

Three writers for this movie.

Three.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
ok ill make a thread

gk86 you best check it out now that i have put in this enormous 15 minute effort to create a thread

Way ahead of you, downloaded the two most recent episodes. :p

Any episode you would recommend?

Ha! I just finished it and was thinking the same thing as Neferteetee. Boring ass movie. Stallone on the movie:

Three writers for this movie.

Three.

Lol damn, Sly really hated this movie. Reading stuff like that before the film, I was expecting a nuke sized train wreck.

Edit- At least it has (one?) fan art:

big ander

Way ahead of you, downloaded the two most recent episodes. :p

Any episode you would recommend?

One of the two you just downloaded, #215 Time Bobby 2, is fan-fucking-tastic BUT– it's a sequel to a previous episode. I'd say try out #150 Time Bobby as your first episode but even that might not be good advice. Basically the "usual" structure of the show is Scott Aukerman hosting 1 guest as themselves and 1 guest playing a character, and the Time Bobby episodes are 2 character episodes so they can be dizzying.

Here's a good one for someone already a fan of HDTGM: Episode 148, Wipeout!. It has Mantzoukas and it has one of my favorite characters played by Andy Daly, who regularly does insane characters on the show. There's a uh...part at the end that might not make total sense to you, but it'll still be worth it.

Or do basically any other episode with Mathzoukas. Or Scheer, he's been in a handful of great ones.

EDIT: other random recs
212 Comedy Bleep Bleep. James Adomian is one of the best guests on the program, has a great character here with Gordon Ramsey.
126 Suicide is Painless. Jon Hamm is his normal charming self as Paul F Tompkins does Garry Marshall, a regular character of his
158 Friends With Words. Gillian Jacobs has been on a couple times now and has built up great runners and a rapport with Aukerman, this is the real start of that. And Jordan Peele's never bad either.
120 Farts and Procreation. Adam Scott, Chelsea Peretti are both hilarious. Harris Wittels is less well known but he's a Parks writer and is a regular on CBB, usually doing a feature called "Foam Corner" where he reads just awful tweet/joke ideas. So bad that they're amazing. This one though is all about this insanely dry character bit Adam and Harris do. It's spectacular.

thus, my first post. comedy bang bang is the peak of comedy podcasting, everyone who likes the comedians on hdtgm need to listen.

I've tried to listen a couple times because of it being mentioned on this podcast, but I haven't been able to really get into it. Got any recommended episodes? Most of what I have listened to has been recent.

SmithnCo

"Farts and Procreation" has my favorite moment of CBB in it. It's not in the usual format where someone plays a character the entire time, but when they do play characters it is glorious.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
One of the two you just downloaded, #215 Time Bobby 2, is fan-fucking-tastic BUT– it's a sequel to a previous episode. I'd say try out #150 Time Bobby as your first episode but even that might not be good advice. Basically the "usual" structure of the show is Scott Aukerman hosting 1 guest as themselves and 1 guest playing a character, and the Time Bobby episodes are 2 character episodes so they can be dizzying.

*snip*

Thank you for the recommendations. Downloaded a bunch of them. I will give them a listen on my way to college tomorrow. Looking through the episode list, they have a great ton of great guest. I found an episode with Jason, and Alison Brie (159 for those who are curious), that should be amazing.

Listened to it this morning.

It was pretty good, but not one of my favorites.

Those looking for discussion about Stallone's ass will not be disappointed.

ToxicAdam

I love June's earnestness when she discusses things. It's like the perfect foil to Jason's wackiness. She's really grown on me as a contributor.

It was an okay episode. They touched on everything I thought of when I watched it. From that ass shot, to the terrible music, the creepy flight attendants and the grown man swirly. I do love when June tries to find deeper meaning in things and then Jason just laughs at her. I now really want them to do Jack & Jill next.

Just an OK episode for me. I was actually more interested in them talking about how wacko Amanda Bynes has gotten, but they seemed to edit some of that talk out.

I feel like this was another example of a movie that's just bad and doesn't give them much to comment on. Spice World is another example. Nothing awesomely bizzaro going on, just shit movies.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
It was an OK episode, some laughs to be had. They touched on everything I wanted them to comment on. Especially that ridiculous music.

I love June's earnestness when she discusses things. It's like the perfect foil to Jason's wackiness. She's really grown on me as a contributor.

It was an okay episode. They touched on everything I thought of when I watched it. From that ass shot, to the terrible music, the creepy flight attendants and the grown man swirly. I do love when June tries to find deeper meaning in things and then Jason just laughs at her. I now really want them to do Jack & Jill next.

June has definitely grown on me. Not only that she finds these deeper meanings, but then she has insane theories to go along with it. They really are as close to the perfect cast/group as you can get.

lunchtoast

Watching it now on Netflix. All I can hear is the sound of all the jokes falling flat.

edit-

Finished it. Movie wasn't THAT bad. They even did the freeze frame ending of Stallone smiling then fade to credits. Perfect.

BearChair

I completely agree.

I kind of wish they could Casey Wilson from Happy Endings on again for a Bride Wars episode since she and June wrote it. I wonder if they have a good sense of humor about it. After listening to June on so many episodes of HDTGM and Burning Love, it is hard for me to imagine that she wrote a movie that was that bad. It will probably never happen though.

If you like June, you should check out Burning Love, though. The third season just finished streaming, and you can still watch all of the episodes at burninglove.com.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
After watching Sylvester the comedian earlier this week, I'm now tuning in on Stallone the action star. Watching Cobra.

Edit - his plates read Awsome 50. This movie is going to be great.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
The cobra coverage episode was fantastic. Stalloneisms are starting to rival the Pacinoisms.

Top Bottom