• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'How Did This Get Made?' podcast appreciation thread

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
The punisher episode was also great even though it didn't disect the movie that much. Some really funny and interesting insights on the way films are made. The way they hire directors of indie pics totally reminded me of the beginning of Barton fink.
For those interested Punisher:War Zone is on Crackle streaming for free (with ads, 480p).

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I'm watching From Justin to Kelly, they weren't kidding about how bad the producers make Kelly look. Some of these outfits are horrible.

cZ0HSJQ.png

Guys, let's do this.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Ah snap. We need to get our movie down pat. What movie are do you guys think we should do?

Let's think about what makes a good How Did This Get Made podcast. I think that a lot of people really enjoy the From Justin to Kelly episode, and I've seen a lot of love for the Cobra episode. What else?

See if we can find some common themes between these episodes. :p

aett

Let's think about what makes a good How Did This Get Made podcast. I think that a lot of people really enjoy the From Justin to Kelly episode, and I've seen a lot of love for the Cobra episode. What else?

See if we can find some common themes between these episodes. :p

One of my favorite episodes was 88 Minutes. Haven't seen the movie, but they did a great job describing the plot while making fun of Pacino's oddly calm demeanor, the bizarre character names, and how suspicious every single character was acting. I also remember liking the Judge Dredd episode a lot, too.

Back from vacation. My bedroom didn't have a tv and I need noise to fall asleep so every night I fell asleep listening to How Did This Get Made.

Oh and I finally saw Green Lantern. Honestly wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
"Thank you, honey. This was a beautiful party. You invited all my friends. Good thinking!"

Lol this movie has the best lines.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Listening to the Wild Wild West episode.

Kevin Smith will not shut up. This is kind of interesting, but it would be nice to actually talk about the movie, not about Kevin Smith.

Clevinger

Kevin Smith will not shut up. This is kind of interesting, but it would be nice to actually talk about the movie, not about Kevin Smith.

I had to stop listening like ten minutes in. He was one of the few bad guests they've had.

SmithnCo

Man, I still haven't listened to that one because I usually can't stand Kevin Smith. Sounds like I made a good call.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Man, I still haven't listened to that one because I usually can't stand Kevin Smith. Sounds like I made a good call.

I'm 40 minutes in and there's maybe 10 minutes of Wild Wild West talk. Smith told this long ass story about Barbara Streisand's hairdress (and husband) who was also a producer for Wild Wild West. The story was basically: the man has an obsession with spiders and wanted to put a spiders in everything including Superman. It's like a 15 minute long story.

It just feels very masturbatory.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
The Badass episode is the same way. Zero talk on the movie, 99.9 percent talk of everything else.

"You're right. The computer business is too competitive."

That one always gets me.

I kind of hope they do another episode on The Room. Honestly, they could probably get 3-4 episodes worth of discussion on it because it's so fucking mental. One episode is just not enough.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Goodbye! You're my favorite customer. Hi doggy!

That was my favorite scene.

"You're right. The computer business is too competitive."

That one always gets me.

I kind of hope they do another episode on The Room. Honestly, they could probably get 3-4 episodes worth of discussion on it because it's so fucking mental. One episode is just not enough.

I finished listening to the episode, great listen. You could tell they could go on for ages. Listening to Tommy talk about the movie in the clips, was amazing.

izakq

I just listened to the Superman III episode. It was pretty good, but oh man, the Superman III: Bonus episode with Jack O'Halloran, who played Non, was just awesome. Fantastic stories from this guy.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
When you nominate a film, you get to set some tags for it. Some are great:

-SciFiareyouhigh
-NicCage
-RatedGforGarbage
-forthepaycheck

The happening? Its a bad movie, but not so bad its good type movie.

I don't know. I could see it being great material. I could see the iphone ad leading to the tigers ripping the guys arms off being talked about a lot.

That movie was so bad I think I'd enjoy listening to an episode of it.

Tom_Cody

No place to rent it at. Only buy options at $13. They should make the rule, if it isn't available to rent for $4 or less, they shouldn't feature it.
I love the podcast but I kind of agree. I kind of wish they would just stick with movies featured on Netflix/Hulu/Amazon. Hell, they could probably even get a partnership deal with one of those companies if they decided to stick with one of the specific platforms exclusively.

Top Bottom