• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'How Did This Get Made?' podcast appreciation thread

I normally don't like the live episodes as much because they are more visual than audio, but this one was really good! And the video clip about sly pimping out his son worked really well because of the lack of a visual on the listeners part. Overall lots of fun and i can't wait to listen again in the future.

Watching Over the Top. Man this kid is an asshole. Its driving me crazy that he starts every sentence with "Can I ask a question". Also, kinda weird that Sly is basically begging this kid to sleep against him.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Anyone else feel like there were more commercials than usual today? Maybe it was just the way they were spaced out.

I thought the same thing, but I think it was the spacing. Whatever pays the bills, I'm fine with it.

Watching Over the Top. Man this kid is an asshole. Its driving me crazy that he starts every sentence with "Can I ask a question". Also, kinda weird that Sly is basically begging this kid to sleep against him.

Their relationship becomes weirder as the movie goes on.

I want a whole movie about the bully in the arcade.

Stallone's kid is oddly devoted to him for no apparent reason. They were together for like 2 days. The whole time the kid hated it. Not only that the kid just knows that he's a loser, poor, a possible drug dealer, abandoned him and his mom, prevented him from being with his mom when she was dying, etc yet he's all about being with him.

Anyone else feel like there were more commercials than usual today? Maybe it was just the way they were spaced out.

I thought it was like this the last couple live episodes. But at least this one didn't double them up like a couple I've noticed. Maybe that's why it seemed like more though, because they were just spread out more.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I thought it was like this the last couple live episodes. But at least this one didn't double them up like a couple I've noticed. Maybe that's why it seemed like more though, because they were just spread out more.

Yeah on one of the live shows it felt like 2 minutes of commercials which I thought was weird. I don't mind though... whatever to keep the show going.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Episode was everything I hoped it would be. The hour and twenty minutes went by way too quick.

Iknowthatfeelingbro.jpg

This is the one podcast where I have to hold back my laughter so I don't look like a crazy person on the train. Love it.

Ive been meaning to check this out, Paul Scheer is a fucking genius and love the League, so this should be right up my ally.

If you loved the League, you will definitely love this.

If you love laughter, you will fucking love this.

I'd love to see Jason sitting on stage, crumbling up a cocaine toilet and doing lines.

I just want to hear Jason come on to June an entire episode and try to creep her out more and more as the episode goes on. Then have a guest spot by Krull or one of the other guys and just trash on Paul the entire episode.

:lol On second thought, it'd probably be really bad for Paul and June over all...

I just want to hear Jason come on to June an entire episode and try to creep her out more and more as the episode goes on. Then have a guest spot by Krull or one of the other guys and just trash on Paul the entire episode.

:lol On second thought, it'd probably be really bad for Paul and June over all...

"Lets all get June pregnant!"

I normally don't like the live episodes as much because they are more visual than audio, but this one was really good! And the video clip about sly pimping out his son worked really well because of the lack of a visual on the listeners part. Overall lots of fun and i can't wait to listen again in the future.

I think Birdemic, From Justin to Kelly, and Howard the Duck had the best live audiences, but Stallone movies seem absolutely ripe for live shows. :lol

Clevinger

My only complaint: too few Stallone impressions from Scheer. His are godly.

The one where he read Stallone's comments about that mother-son police movie with Estelle Getty - oh my god.

Just listened. Really good episode. Jason was fired up, June had her theories, Bobby Moynahan was funny, the audience was funny and had good points (kudos to the Mike Hawk lady).

Is Bobby Moynahan returning to SNL? I found it weird that Paul didn't mention he was from SNL.

Pretty sure. I feel like they really didn't introduce him at all though, he sort of just started talking. The whole episode sort of just started without much introduction as usual.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Pretty sure. I feel like they really didn't introduce him at all though, he sort of just started talking. The whole episode sort of just started without much introduction as usual.

Paul was like "You know him from funny stuff." Just thought that was weird. I didn't recognize him by name, but if he would have said SNL I would have known. I realized who it was when I looked on the Earwolf website later.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

Everyone was excited to talk. Or at least Jason was. Dude went into the romantic comedy thing really quick. It must have been bugging him the moment he watched it lol.

tumblr_mqto3kUMS81rcoly3o1_500.gif

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I hope Kazaam wins. I loved it as a kid and haven't watched it since. I can only imagine how bad it is.

iIuLbrP.png

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I think the first Baby Geniuses is a better choice than the second. The second is just too ridiculous. In the first one, there is some effort to actually make a movie, and it's still turrible and weird.

I still hear that baby's laugh in my nightmares.

EDIT: Where's that website you vote at, again?

No Holds Barred should be the funniest damn one ever. Dream come true. When me and my buddy discuss that movie we end in tears of laughter. A few months ago I printed out an 11x17 poster of the VHS cover lol.

3rdman

Congo is a great choice because it isn't trying to be crazy...Movies like No Hold Barred (although they are insane) don't take themselves seriously and (for me) that takes the edge off the inherent humor.

For me, I'd like to see them do Grease 2 and perhaps The Beach.

Also, do they ever do live shows outside of LA? I'd love to see them in South Florida...

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
You think they're gonna do Ghost Shark?

I don't think so. Sharknado was this thing that had hyped created overnight.

Congo is a great choice because it isn't trying to be crazy...Movies like No Hold Barred (although they are insane) don't take themselves seriously and (for me) that takes the edge off the inherent humor.

For me, I'd like to see them do Grease 2 and perhaps The Beach.

Also, do they ever do live shows outside of LA? I'd love to see them in South Florida...

I think they have done one in Seattle. But looks like they stick to NYC/LA.

I want Congo, Tomb Raider, or another Nic Cage movie.

I hope they don't pick Master of Disguise. Comedy movies and cartoons don't work well with the format of this show imo.

I don't remember a thing about Congo.

Amy the Gorilla, shooting heat seeking missiles down with flares, Bruce Campbell & Joe Don Baker, Tim Curry with the worst accent of all time, intelligent guard apes, a temple set made of styrofoam, multiple people on the spectrum, etc etc

Clevinger

Amy the Gorilla, shooting heat seeking missiles down with flares, Bruce Campbell & Joe Don Baker, Tim Curry with the worst accent of all time, intelligent guard apes, a temple set made of styrofoam, multiple people on the spectrum, etc etc

Oh my. Voting now.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
That's what I did. Seems like the thumbs up/thumbs down thing is only for the top 10 movies? I'm also on my phone, so I might be gimped.

I think top 10 are the most requested movies. Then people vote on those. So if Congo receives enough write-ins, then hopefully it will go up on the top 10 voting.

Top Bottom