• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'How Did This Get Made?' podcast appreciation thread

Wq8hcgR.png

ha ha

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

Lol, downright amazing.

Some questions:

Q: Are there any movies you refuse to do for How Did This Get Made and if so which movies and why?

Paul: Probably movies with our friends in them or that people we work for made and mostly comedies.

Are you guys ever going to do an episode of How Did This Get Made? on the Video Podcast Network?

Maybe - Our shoot schedules make it a little tricky

How about doing Degrassi: School's Out on How Did This Get Made?

Is That a thing? Then Yes!

When are you guys going to watch Miami Connection? This movie is everything that How Did This Get Made can hope for.

Yeah for a live show

Why do you continue to refuse to do a HDTGM podcast on the movie The Happening? The people have made clear that this is what they want. Yet still you deny them. Is it fear of upsetting Marky Mark? What's the deal?

How do you know we are refusing it? Maybe we haven't done it yet or we are waiting for a guest to line up with our recording schedule.

Hey Paul, How did the Arscheerio Paul Show come to be? How do you pick who will play what celebrity?

I'm a HUGE Arsenio fan and I went back and watched the interviews and became obsessed and I wanted to show them to more people. So we recreated them. The best thing about the 7 new ones is that you can watch the improvised and actual real versions.

I picked the celebs really by just thinking which friend would be the funniest in each part.

Is there a movie you, June, or Jason have acted in that you would ever do on HDTGM?

Sure but that would probably make the people that gave us $ for being in that movie upset. So we stay away from it.

Have you ever considered doing a "Bizarro" episode of HDTGM where funny people you know take over the roles of you, Jason, and June, and they cover one of your movies, like Pirahna 3D?

That's a GREAT IDEA!

What are your 5 favorite episodes that you've done on "How did this get made"?

1.) CRANK 2.) FAST 5 and 6 3.) OLD DOGS 4.) Justin to Kelly 5.) Punisher

Wall Street 2 Inspired OLd Dogs was the movie that got us there

Thank you based WS2, Old Dogs.

Listening to the Jason episode of the Kevin Pollack show. Jason has had a fascinating life - lived in Morocco, Egypt, and Israel. Speaks a bit of French and Arabic. Was a drummer and wanted to be a professional jazz drummer. Majored in religious studies. Spent time in a monastary. Makes an active choice to only wear a white buttown down shirt and jeans every single day. etc

Lol, downright amazing.

Thank you based WS2, Old Dogs.

I gotta admit I kinda liked WS2. I would love to see a WS2 episode though.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Listening to the Jason episode of the Kevin Pollack show. Jason has had a fascinating life - lived in Morocco, Egypt, and Israel. Speaks a bit of French and Arabic. Was a drummer and wanted to be a professional jazz drummer. Majored in religious studies. Spent time in a monastary. Makes an active choice to only wear a white buttown down shirt and jeans every single day. etc

I gotta admit I kinda liked WS2. I would love to see a WS2 episode though.

It's fascinating that he does that so it is one less thing to think about. I need to listen to that episode because I love hearing about his life. Very interesting fella.

Movies I want:

Time Cop
Congo
Dick Tracy
American Ninja (any one of the sequels will do as well)
The Punisher (Dolph Lundgren)
Ghostrider 1 or 2
Bangkok Dangerous
Bad Lieutenant
Weekend at Bernies 1 or 2
Suburban Commando
ExistenZ

I'm sure I'll remember more as time goes on

Movies I want:

Time Cop
Congo
Dick Tracy
American Ninja (any one of the sequels will do as well)
The Punisher (Dolph Lundgren)
Ghostrider 1 or 2
Bangkok Dangerous
Bad Lieutenant
Weekend at Bernies 1 or 2
Suburban Commando
ExistenZ

I'm sure I'll remember more as time goes on
I hope they do Ghost Rider 2, since it's done by the Crank directors.

Listened to Barb Wire, Spider-Man 3, and On the Line earlier. Jason suggested they do Daredevil and X-Men Origins: Wolverine in them. I hope they still follow up on that.

I finally got around to listening to this. What a fascinating guy. Made me like him even more. Also, I had no idea Kevin Pollack had a show. Looking forward to when he shows up on HDTGM.

I finally got around to listening to this. What a fascinating guy. Made me like him even more. Also, I had no idea Kevin Pollack had a show. Looking forward to when he shows up on HDTGM.

Yeah its pretty good. His hosting style is dry, boring, and uninteresting BUT he makes up for it with having a good research staff and asking interesting questions ... and not just focusing on the guests penis size / sex life like Howard.

I just listened to the Stephen Merchant episode today and it was the best, most informative interview I've ever heard of Stephen Merchant.

Yeah its pretty good. His hosting style is dry, boring, and uninteresting BUT he makes up for it with having a good research staff and asking interesting questions ... and not just focusing on the guests penis size / sex life like Howard.

I just listened to the Stephen Merchant episode today and it was the best, most informative interview I've ever heard of Stephen Merchant.

I think I'm going to check out more episodes, he gets some pretty good guests. Are the episodes ever really visual? I just listened to Jason's episode and I don't feel like I missed out on much by not watching it.

Speaking of Howard, Zouk's yet again made another Stern show reference during KPCS. Talking about Sal and his massage parlor app. He sounds like a hardcore listener.

Next episode = Crocodile Dundee

I think I'm going to check out more episodes, he gets some pretty good guests. Are the episodes ever really visual? I just listened to Jason's episode and I don't feel like I missed out on much by not watching it.

Speaking of Howard, Zouk's yet again made another Stern show reference during KPCS. Talking about Sal and his massage parlor app. He sounds like a hardcore listener.

Haven't watched it. Only audio. Ha yea he seems to be a pretty hardcore fan. He's referenced stop the clock and get the poison out as well.

Another earwolf show rec - Comedy Bang Bang episode 229 Ben Schwartz & Paul F Tompkins. Tompkins plays Werner Herzog and I swear to you, I was laughing so hard last night that there was a point where I was considering, "Could I possibly make myself pass out from laughing if I dont catch my breath soon?"

The third one was written by ESPN Fantasy Football expert Matthew Berry.

I just watched The League episode with him in it. He vultures Andre's girlfriend.

Really hooked on The League now by the way. Gets way better in the third season. Main reason - more Raffi. I wish they got rid of Taco though. His character is annoying. He's too ... forced?

The mini episode today has an interview with the director of Jaws 4. Heads up for you that usually skip the mini's.

I just watched The League episode with him in it. He vultures Andre's girlfriend.

Really hooked on The League now by the way. Gets way better in the third season. Main reason - more Raffi. I wish they got rid of Taco though. His character is annoying. He's too ... forced?

I didn't mind Taco in season 2, I did find him pretty annoying last season

Next episode = Crocodile Dundee

Haven't watched it. Only audio. Ha yea he seems to be a pretty hardcore fan. He's referenced stop the clock and get the poison out as well.

Another earwolf show rec - Comedy Bang Bang episode 229 Ben Schwartz & Paul F Tompkins. Tompkins plays Werner Herzog and I swear to you, I was laughing so hard last night that there was a point where I was considering, "Could I possibly make myself pass out from laughing if I dont catch my breath soon?"

I've tried listening to this podcast so many times, but this may be the funniest episode yet. "Who has two thumbs and little else?" and "To be fair, I was up for sitting and stairing." have already had me cracking up.

Just listened to the mini episode and I was wrong - its not Crocodile Dundee, its Crocodile Dundee in Los Angeles. Hoofa this sounds bad! I didn't even know they made a second Crocodile Dundee let alone a third. This sounds so bad that I think I have to watch it to see what a train wreck it is.

I've tried listening to this podcast so many times, but this may be the funniest episode yet. "Who has two thumbs and little else?" and "To be fair, I was up for sitting and stairing." have already had me cracking up.

What really got me was the part about making a movie and crow barring scenes of his hands and fingers in to all of them. Like he'd give his character chicken pox just so he could scratch his face all the time.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Watching Drive Angry...just from the first 5 minutes, I can tell this is going to be amazing. Also Amber, the things I would do.

Watching Drive Angry...just from the first 5 minutes, I can tell this is going to be amazing. Also Amber, the things I would do.

Yeah that was a fun movie. Especially if you're drinking. And yeah, that girl was super hot. And as June (I think?) brought up - I'm glad they didn't try to make her a love interest to Nic Cage's character. I want her to be .. MY WIFE!!

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Yeah that was a fun movie. Especially if you're drinking. And yeah, that girl was super hot. And as June (I think?) brought up - I'm glad they didn't try to make her a love interest to Nic Cage's character. I want her to be .. MY WIFE!!

That was a fun movie lol. The

Killing bad guys while fucking

had me laughing. Good times.

I was watching this segment of Conan O'Brien's "Clueless Gamer" where he plays some Atari 2600 games, and noticed two clips where Scheer was a guest on his show. Some fun stuff about stunt work and a concert he attended.

But after seeing a clip he showed of NTSF: SD: SUV, I watched a couple of episodes. I'm sorry I didn't watch this sooner. I was cracking up.

But after seeing a clip he showed of NTSF: SD: SUV, I watched a couple of episodes. I'm sorry I didn't watch this sooner. I was cracking up.

Ditto. I just started watching it this season and have been really enjoying it. Does anyone know where to see the first two seasons?

And the Arsheerio Paul clilps are good too. I especially love Paul dancing around in the intro.

And since I'm trying to support everything these guys do, I also tried Children's Hospital and that one is .. meh so far. I'll keep giving it a shot though.

Top Bottom