• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'How Did This Get Made?' podcast appreciation thread

So I've been relistening to all the live episodes today at work, and we all know they are awesome, but I never really noticed how well the audio is on them. Nobody sounds like they're underwater like so many live shows (NPR being a huge offender). Kudos to their sound crew.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Me? No I watched it on Cartoon Network / Adult Swim.

Mmm damn. And she's funny and likes shitty movies. Quite a catch.

Damn, was hoping this was up on YT or AS site.

So I've been relistening to all the live episodes today at work, and we all know they are awesome, but I never really noticed how well the audio is on them. Nobody sounds like they're underwater like so many live shows (NPR being a huge offender). Kudos to their sound crew.

I have to agree 100%. I was checking out Dougs Loves Movies and it was a live episode in SD. I had literally turn it off and delete it after a minute because the sound on it was freaking horrible. You would have thought this was done in someones basement with 360 headset mics.

Damn, was hoping this was up on YT or AS site.

I have to agree 100%. I was checking out Dougs Loves Movies and it was a live episode in SD. I had literally turn it off and delete it after a minute because the sound on it was freaking horrible. You would have thought this was done in someones basement with 360 headset mics.

I think some episodes of NTSF are on the website, but not all of them. Some cost a buck.

Btw, you got me hooked on another podcast, that Jeff Garlin one. He can be annoying but it's pretty good.

Yer a podcast wizard, GK86.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I think some episodes of NTSF are on the website, but not all of them. Some cost a buck.

Btw, you got me hooked on another podcast, that Jeff Garlin one. He can be annoying but it's pretty good.

I have been listening to those the past few days. The stories the guest and Jeff tell are crazy funny/good. Like JJ Abrams told this story about Jeff Goldblum inviting Garlin and himself to Goldblum's hotel room, to watch the Conan episode that he was going to be on. Just pure gold lol.

People who hate others that interrupt, would have a heart attack with this show lol. I like that Garlin and the guest just shot the crap for an hour plus.

I have been listening to those the past few days. The stories the guest and Jeff tell are crazy funny/good. Like JJ Abrams told this story about Jeff Goldblum inviting Garlin and himself to Goldblum's hotel room, to watch the Conan episode that he was going to be on. Just pure gold lol.

People who hate others that interrupt, would have a heart attack with this show lol. I like that Garlin and the guest just shot the crap for an hour plus.

Hmm I'll have to check that out. With my new found love of earwolf.com (How Did This Get Made, Comedy Bang Bang, Who Charted) I've foregone listening to a single episode of the Stern show in the work week for the first time in years. I think I might actually be done with the Stern show for awhile.

JLG-

Can i get a link to that Jeff Garlin podcast you guys are talking about? Definitely interested in listening to it.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Hmm I'll have to check that out. With my new found love of earwolf.com (How Did This Get Made, Comedy Bang Bang, Who Charted) I've foregone listening to a single episode of the Stern show in the work week for the first time in years. I think I might actually be done with the Stern show for awhile.

Earwolf puts out a ton of great stuff. I'ma see if I donate to HDTGM at the end of the month.

Podcast have taken up the majority of my free time. I look forward to my commutes because of them. I will say, playing Euro Truck Sim 2 and listening to different podcasts is win-win.

Can i get a link to that Jeff Garlin podcast you guys are talking about? Definitely interested in listening to it.

Here you go dude. I would recommend the Conan one first. I laughed so hard during that episode. Here's the thread I made on it that barely got any traction lol.

I hear ya. I'd rather relisten to HDTGM or go through the huge CBB library than guess when Stern is on. Not sure if you're a Jon Hamm/Nick Kroll fan but episode 211 of CBB with them is fucking fantastic.

I hear ya. I'd rather relisten to HDTGM or go through the huge CBB library than guess when Stern is on. Not sure if you're a Jon Hamm/Nick Kroll fan but episode 211 of CBB with them is fucking fantastic.
Already listened to it. I went through all the Mantzoukas episodes, then Kroll, now Ben Schwartz and Jon Daly episodes, and next all the Paul F Tompkins and Andy Daly.

I was browsing the FYI site and one of the 'recently recommended' movies was a movie with Jean-Claude Van Damme entitled Cyborg. Downright amazing. I hope they do this film sometime in the future.

You never saw this? It was one of my favorite movies as a kid. Its actually pretty good. Although I might be looking at it through rose colored glasses since I haven't seen it in 20+ years.

Jason will be on Comedy Bang Bang the TV show next Friday if anyone is interested.

Watching Crocodile Dundee 3 with some friends tonight. Should be good times.

Jason will be on Comedy Bang Bang the TV show next Friday if anyone is interested.

Nice! I watched episode 1 of the tv show on Netflix last night and was laughing my ass off. Loved it. It has the absurdity of Tim and Eric but there's a certain .. innocence? .. about Aukerman. There's a safer, friendlier, more pleasant feel about the show if that makes any sense.

qGppY7K.jpg

The Demolition Man episode was funny

I want to listen to Over the Top or Anaconda next.

Both are really good episodes.

The next one is supposed to be No Holds Barred right?

No, but that would be great. Next one is Crocodile Dundee in Los Angeles, written by ESPNs Fantasy Football expert, Matthew Berry.

Lol, ohh man, that is great.

Ahh I can't see it at work. What is it?

Two things, about 40 minutes in:

1) This feels like a movie made in 1995 and released in the wild in 2001.

2) Holy crap Jonathan Banks is in this.

Downloaded. Wheee!

Also, the new episode of Comedy Bang Bang with Jason in it is up. Unfortunately this seems like a big ensemble episode so he wont be on the mic as much as we'd like but as the old saying goes, "a little Mantzoukas is better than no Mantzoukas."

EDIT: Ohh Bernadette from Big Bang Theory is in this CBB. So cute.

:lol Jason was on Twitter for 30mins last week.

I knew it would happen eventually. I just heard him mention recently - maybe on that Kevin Pollack show .. or was it Who Charted? That even though he's not officially on Twitter he does have the Jason Mantzoukas handle just so other people can't use it.

Love inside stories like that. The guest was great and truly understood the show he was on.

Anyway, this is off topic, but since its this thread that introduced me to it I might as well ask: is there any scuttlebutt on why the Yeah its that bad podcast ended so suddenly? They were really coy on their last episode and since I know nothing about them and they don't pimp themselves or their projects, I figured they weren't in the biz. But it was my impression some force made them stop, possibly career stuff. Anyone know?

Its obviously dangerous waters that HDTGM has to navigate and why they mostly pick older stuff.

Pretty good new episode. A little bummed the guys didn't get to go much into the movie, but it more than made up for it with the call in. Hearing the Hogan story was great.

Pretty good new episode. A little bummed the guys didn't get to go much into the movie, but it more than made up for it with the call in. Hearing the Hogan story was great.

It was a pretty boring episode for me. Not that they did anything wrong. I just had already heard that story by Berry when he was on Stern a couple weeks ago.

If anyone missed it they have twitter account now.

@HDTGM

It was a pretty boring episode for me. Not that they did anything wrong. I just had already heard that story by Berry when he was on Stern a couple weeks ago.

If anyone missed it they have twitter account now.

@HDTGM

Yeah, I could understand that. Episode would seem like it's over in an instant with the absense of that story.

Minisode is up. Next full episode is Gymkata and it looks friggin amazing.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Mkl9rtttog

Full movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYaNj_VBSKE

Its about a gymnastics champion / karate expert who infiltrates a mountain fortress full of ninjas.

___

Also, the Crocodile Dundee episode was a bit of a let down. The crew only discussed the movie for 10 or 15 minutes. I'm not sure they even got more than like 1/4th of the way through the movie before the Berry interview kicked in. I wish they'd save the 'insider' interviews for the minisodes and just do their normal discussion on the numbered episodes.

Top Bottom