• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'How Did This Get Made?' podcast appreciation thread

That rubber rot iron railing had to be the most hilarious part of the whole movie. Why slow that scene down and show it for like 10 seconds? It's so horribly fake. :lol Then it seemingly dispersal when the guy gets impaled by the other rot iron fence down below.

This movies breakable glass windows budget must have been through the roof.

Pretty good episode, I liked Taco on it.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Taco was great in this episode. The episode itself was funny. I wished I would have watched the movie first.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
:lol Toys

The weird thing is that they made an SNES and Genesis game of this!

I remember those horrors. What a weird license. I guess it makes sense how you could build a game around it, more baffling is the movie itself. I think. Fuckin Toys.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Another reason I love this podcast, a lot of the movies take me back to my childhood.

On a side note, what the heck did Harry Potter do that he's been banned for this long?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
1- Totally forgot that LL Cool J was in this. And he is surprisingly good.
2- Cusack character was a nutjob.
3- Jamie Fox is in it too!
4- I laughed more than I should have at "Like we're getting attacked by a cross-word puzzle."
5- How the heck is this movie 2 hours long?
6- What at the fuck at that monster thing lol.
7- Sex scene threw me off.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I think they said in the minisode that this is the first movie Jamie Fox appeared in.

Pretty good for a first movie. Just peeping tom a couple lol.

Aw man, I haven't seen Toys in over a decade.

It was more or less the same time for me. Still holds up. It can be slow in some parts. I didn't remember it being this long. Loved the battle/war at the end when I was growing up.

Robin Wright is one fine lady.

I don't know why but one of my favorite scenes is Michael Gambon having way too much fun shooting virtual UN trucks.

And that music video. That music video.

what did i watch

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Toys is up.

I saw this movie for the first time around a year ago as it's my best friends favorite wacky childhood movie.

This movie is BANANAS.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Good episode. They covered everything that left me puzzled. Sad that June wasn't in this episode.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
It was good, but no June takes it out of the running unfortunately.

Agree. Bummed there is no June, but yeah I really liked the guest.

I'm not sure who my favorite guest is. I did really like Schaal and Scott. My favorite episode is definitely From Justin to Kelly, but I wouldn't say Kroll is my favorite guest. Good guest but not my favorite.

I wonder if June would have liked Cusack's character. She reminds me of one of those characters everyone else is groaning about and June says "I liked her." :p

Lorien

Banned
I wonder if June would have liked Cusack's character. She reminds me of one of those characters everyone else is groaning about and June says "I liked her." :p

When watching the movie I was pretty sure LL was going to be that person for June but Cussack fits the criteria too.

By the way, I've been humming that "Closing of the Year" song way too much.

Clevinger

I want Jessica St. Clair back. AFAIK she and Jason used to be a comedy duo and he spent half of Pluto Nash making fun of her, she had good rapport with June, and she out-Juned June. She was awesome.

hahaha

uBKJm5S.png

Whaa? They don't even have his craziest movie up there - Bad Lietuenant. He's next level bonkers in that movie.

Speaking of next level bonkers, I listened to the Toys episode today. That movie sounds insane. And it sounded like it was ripe for weird theories and conjecture about what was happening. If ever they needed June there to dissect a movie it was for this one. Too bad. I liked their guest btw. Had good facts, brought up good points, and wasn't annoying.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Those are the best guests. Although, I think Nick Kroll was the best one. "Guys, she's trying her best.". Cracks me up every time I think about it.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Well that sucks.

Who keeps moving threads to Community? Why does it exist? It's obvious no one likes it. No one looks in there. I know I don't.

Just tag titles with [Community] and keep them in the regular forums.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Well that sucks.

Who keeps moving threads to Community? Why does it exist? It's obvious no one likes it. No one looks in there. I know I don't.

Just tag titles with [Community] and keep them in the regular forums.

To prevent new threads from being unseen from old threads with low actively or active by the same posters being bumped/constantly on the front page. I knew it was bound to happen. Thread won't get as much exposure as before, but it has been a small group of us for a few weeks now. So I understand the move. I don't agree with it, but just use your subscriptions.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
To prevent new threads from being unseen from old threads with low actively or active by the same posters being bumped/constantly on the front page. I knew it was bound to happen. Thread won't get as much exposure as before, but it has been a small group of us for a few weeks now. So I understand the move. I don't agree with it, but just use your subscriptions.
I'm talking about finding new threads. Anything put in or created in Community won't even be discovered by many people. It basically just stunts any thread's popularity. I only visit three places here. Subscriptions, OT and Gaming in that order. I don't even bother with the Community forums.

pizza dog

Banned
Well I guess you figure that by now the people who we're going to care have it subscribed. Makes sense for like LEGO GAF, Pop GAF, etc, specific literal communities that have grown pretty insular, whose members know one another personally.

24 pages feels kind of early though. Just link the thread every three days when someone makes a new "good podcasts?" thread.

Top Bottom