• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'How Did This Get Made?' podcast appreciation thread

Lorien

Banned
Oof, what a messy episode. I feel like other episodes with phone ins never threw the balance of the show off quite like this. Jason seemed to really dislike the movie, maybe that had something to do with it.

Weird thing about Jason on the phone is I'm fairly certain they've had way better quality connection in previous episodes. Ah well.

I kind of enjoyed this week's but I do see why some are 'meh' on it.

Thought of a great movie for the HDTGM treatment. A mid-90s comic book movie that was silly and corny but in a way kinda good too, with a protagonist played by a good actor that just didn't fit the part. I'm speaking of ...

The Shadow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6816MUx9E0

ibtf71SLjbFPON.jpg

If you've never seen it, go check it out and see if you agree with me.

Mantzoukas is so good as Raffi. "Buddy - I dont know who you are but you're about to get chlamydia!" "We'll sell your dick for gasoline." "We'll rent out all your orifices to marauders"

Mantzoukas is so good as Raffi. "Buddy - I dont know who you are but you're about to get chlamydia!" "We'll sell your dick for gasoline." "We'll rent out all your orifices to marauders"

I was honestly a bit apprehensive when the Raffi/Dirty Randy episode of The League aired, but when I watched it I absolutely loved it.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Oh god, I remember seeing Halloween 3 when I was younger and didn't know about the first two. What a crazy film. That ending!

Edit: Apparently I was so young I didn't realise this was an anthology, must have missed the first few stories. I'm talking about the last one specifically, "Stop it!"

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
It was an anthology film? Man, I don't remember jack squat after the second film. Maybe one of the later ones.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
It's been a while since I've seen it, but all I remember is the Doctor going around with a little girl and something about kids wearing masks. I'm really not sure now.

I'm excited to watch it again. Haven't seen it in ages.

This is probably a silly question, do I need to see Halloween 2 before watching this?

I will sum it up: Mike comes back on Halloween to kill.

Serious answer: Not really. The plot for the second one picks up right where the first one left off. Mike comes back to find his sister. Could make it a double header since I think the first two still hold up well.
Edit- Like Jack said, they start becoming stand lone entries anyway.

Lorien

Banned
Neh, from what I remember it had nothing to do with the first two. Don't think Michael Myers is even in it.

I'm excited to watch it again. Haven't seen it in ages.

I will sum it up: Mike comes back on Halloween to kill.

Serious answer: Not really. The plot for the second one picks up right where the first one left off. Mike comes back to find his sister. Could make it a double header since I think the first two still hold up well.
Edit- Like Jack said, they start becoming stand lone entries anyway.

Right on. Thanks guys.

Had to do some housework and decided to re-listen to the Glimmer Man episode. Couldn't stop laughing when Jason does Seagal.

"Let's turn this thing on its head..."

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I just finished the movie and wtf. First off, whose idea was it to feature a jingle every 8 minutes in the movie? Horrible. Secondly, why the heck is this called Halloween 3 if it doesn't have Michael Myers in it? Thirdly, why are there
robots
everywhere? Fourthly, that dude is definitely spreading herpes around.

Lorien

Banned
I just finished the movie and wtf. First off, whose idea was it to feature a jingle every 8 minutes in the movie? Horrible. Secondly, what the heck is this called Halloween 3 if it doesn't have Michael Myers in it? Thirdly, what are there
robots
everywhere? Fourthly, that dude is definitely spreading herpes around.

Main dude is so nasty. Guh, that sex scene.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Haha so I was wrong about this being an anthology film, I must have misread the site I found while trying to remind myself of it. Watched it last night, what a crazy film. I remember it being quite scary when I was younger, think my tastes have matured a little since then, haha. Looking forward to hearing the podcast!

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Haha so I was wrong about this being an anthology film, I must have misread the site I found while trying to remind myself of it. Watched it last night, what a crazy film. I remember it being quite scary when I was younger, think my tastes have matured a little since then, haha. Looking forward to hearing the podcast!

You were part right. Halloween series was meant to be an anthology series. It is the reason that H3 doesn't have Myers in it.

I thought it would be up tomorrow so I didn't check for it. Now I have something to listen to on the way home.

Do not replace the second opinions music! It's too good as it is.

Pretty good episode. Barely noticed there being no guest. After listening, I don't think I ever saw this movie. I'm not sure what movie I'm thinking of(apparently my memory of movies I saw when I was young is fucking terrible), but it definitely wasn't this.

I watched Halloween III early this morning. It started out boring, but then they got to the motel and shit is just insane, and then it got bonkers by the climax.
I LOVED that the doctor and the girl hook up for NO REASON.

And move over, James Bond, you got nothing on this opening title:

srMkrkG.jpg

Listening halfway through and, honestly, I don't mind the lack of a guest this week. They also seem energetic, for lack of a better word, compared to the last few shows.

Top Bottom