• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'How Did This Get Made?' podcast appreciation thread

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
For those who may be wondering, Harry Potter was perm'banned. Rip wizard.

June is on this weeks episode of Comedy Bang Bang if anyone's interested.

Not a big fan of theirs, but for June (or Jason) I will listen to anything.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
The next movie is Congo! So many wishes came true. Sweet timing too since I think Congo was added to Netflix today.

Lorien

Banned
I'm pretty stoked about Congo. Loved the movie as a kid, don't remember much of it now. I recall having a doll of the gorilla and a watch from a fast food joint.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Congo and Road House were added to Netflix today. Ohh happy joy!

I'm pretty stoked about Congo. Loved the movie as a kid, don't remember much of it now. I recall having a doll of the gorilla and a watch from a fast food joint.

I don't remember Congo for nothing. It will be like watching it for the first time again. The only thing I remember is my brother loving the crap out of the movie.

I mentioned it before but the main thing I hope they pick apart is Tim Curry's accent in this movie. I can't figure out what its supposed to be.

I'm telling you guys, Tim Curry's accent in this takes the cake. Nobody in the world talks like he does. I guess he's going for Romanian or something?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
One of the laziest accents I've ever heard.

His accent (or ever evolving) accent cracked me up. I need to listen to that episode again.

I'm telling you guys, Tim Curry's accent in this takes the cake. Nobody in the world talks like he does. I guess he's going for Romanian or something?

I'm going to watch the movie tomorrow. We should try and pinpoint his accent. The person to get the most podcast members to side with his/her pick, wins (an ecookie).

Lorien

Banned
I'll be watching it tomorrow night as well.

And then playing this...
KbyhHQC.jpg

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Just watched the movie for the first time and it was actually fairly enjoyable. Gotta agree with Ebert that it is meant to be an over the top old school action adventure movie. The talking Gorilla is stupid though especially as it really serves no purpose in the movie. Im looking forward to them tearing it apart though, as their is so much to make fun of.

Lorien

Banned
Lol. What's your guess on his accent?

Like Maklershed said, he's definitely supposed to be Romanian but the accent is so comical. I was more intrigued by Ernie Hudson's British accent, that comes and goes throughout the movie. I think June might dig the relationship between the gorilla and the main guy.

Oh ya, and John Hawkes is in the movie.

Edit: Curry's accent reminded me of Boris in Goldeneye.

@HDTGM

"IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Our regularly-scheduled Tuesday episode will be airing 24 hours later on Wednesday (10/9). Now go watch Congo!"

aw

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
"I'll be human later."

Lol. I'm going to use that line from now on.

Edit- Terry is Dracula.

Is it wrong I still like Congo after all these years even watched again ready for this weeks episode.

Congo to me has always been a balance of "You know what, this is kind of enjoyable" and "WTF am I watching?" for me for the longest I can remember. I also remember when I was younger and Bruce Campbell's scream used to scare the crap out of me. :lol

I know that movie from beginning to end, but still got to watch it later.

I listened to Sleepaway Camp for maybe ten minutes before stopping because I know I have to watch it.

Kind of a meh episode. Not sure if it's cause Jason was on the phone, or that the guest didn't talk much, or that Paul talked more to compensate for either of those. It was just meh. It also seemed like they didn't really try to go along with the story in their critique's and just jumped all over the place.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Yeah, even by their standards, they really jumped all over. Nick barely even spoke. There were times when he would talk and I thought, oh yeah he's the guest. The episode was alright, I had some laughs.

Yeah, even by their standards, they really jumped all over. Nick barely even spoke. There were times when he would talk and I thought, oh yeah he's the guest. The episode was alright, I had some laughs.

There were definitely laughs, especially "These monkeys don't know their way up.". I just zoned out a lot more than usual. :lol

Edit: Don't know if it's been said yet, but the Second Opinions music is great.

Top Bottom