• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'How Did This Get Made?' podcast appreciation thread

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Listening halfway through and, honestly, I don't mind the lack of a guest this week. They also seem energetic, for lack of a better word, compared to the last few shows.

I've noticed that too, but they were great this week. I think for the next episode they need a guest who is very enthused about the movie they watch.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Good episode. Laughed hard a few times. I liked them not having a guest. As Jack said, barely even noticed.

I loved the "Yeah, I wooed you by showing you dead homeless Asian people."

Love June's robots lol.

I loving their Halloween choices. I wonder what Christmas movie they are thinking of picking.

Aside from a ton of corny ABC Family Christmas movies, I strangely can't think of very many mainstream/theatrical Christmas duds, but Jack Frost with Michael Keaton and Kelly Preston immediately came to mind.

Or Home Alone 3, or 4. (Yep, FOUR)

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Funny, because the first Christmas movie I thought of was Home Alone 3. Christmas was the Kranks? Deck the Halls?

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Aside from a ton of corny ABC Family Christmas movies, I strangely can't think of very many mainstream/theatrical Christmas duds, but Jack Frost with Michael Keaton and Kelly Preston immediately came to mind.

Or Home Alone 3, or 4. (Yep, FOUR)

Funnily enough, the first film that came to mind was the other Jack Frost, with the murderous snowman.

Oh man. Dunno how I could have forgotten Surviving Christmas. How crazy would it be to follow up Reindeer Games with another Affleck Christmas movie?

Funny thing is I looked up horrible christmas movies and skipped over that one because for some reason I had thought they had done it already. Somehow my mind fused it and Reindeer Games together.

This or Deck the Halls definitely should be picked.

Clevinger

great ep

I hope they do the guestless thing once in a while

favorite part was Jason's outrage at the guy offering the dirty hobo a drink from his bottle

I don't know what I'm watching, but after Colbert Report there is some show on with Chris Hardwick called "At Midnight," and June and two other guests are on it. I don't know what it is, just stumbled on it.

Some kind of pop culture quiz show?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Yeah, it's a quiz show with comics. I might check it out. The movie just wants to confuse you lol.

Based on the guests so far and upcoming for that At Midnight show it seems a lot of the comedians are the UCB LA, Largo, Comedy Bang Bang crowd.

Speaking of comedy shows, Doug Bensons "Getting Doug With High" is great. Doug gets high on camera with comedians and they chat for a half hour and then watch a magic trick. The first guest is Jenny Slate (Super Mario Brothers episode of HDTGM). She's so cute.

Lorien

Banned
Just finishing relistening to the Over the Top episode and it has entered my top 5 favorite list. Bobby M. was a great guest. I wish all the shows were live.

That movie sounded crazy. I never saw it, just listened to the episode. I couldnt even parse what happened. And now that I think of it, I think they didnt actually make fun of the movie that much .. they just debated theories of what went on with the crazy mom and who was her son and who wasnt, etc.

In other news, got Halloween 3 dvred and gonna try to get to that today. Also have After Earth and Fast Five on bluray and hope to get to at least one of them (prob AE) this weekend as well.

10 more days til Halloween, Halloween, Halloween

About 40 minutes in to Halloween 3. Thoughts so far ...

1. The dad is a real scumbag. He takes every opportunity he can to abandon his wife and kids. "Dad take us trick or treating!" "Nope, gonna grab a couple of beers for the road and hop in the car with some strange and then take her to a motel"

2. The daughter girl is kinda cute. Reminds me of Lydia from Breaking Bad.

3. Is no one in the town perplexed how the economy now seems to revolve around a Halloween mask company that only sells three masks?

Just finished. My head is full of fuck. So many questions.

Was Ellie a robot the whole time?

Is this movie positing that Mike Myers is a robot?

How did the Halloween message broadcast at 9pm when the guy not only destroyed the broadcast terminal but the entire factory?

If that company can create robots so convincingly that you can't tell them apart from humans, why wouldn't they just sell those instead of halloween masks?

What happened to the CEO guy? Did he get teleported somewhere? Where?

Finally - not a question but it dawned on me shortly after my last post that the main guy in the movie was the sheriff in one of my all time favorite HDGTM movies, Drive Angry.

And for those who skip the mini episodes, the Christmas episode will be live in LA (Largo?) and they said if they sell out they'll do a second movie. ha ha

my body is ready

(I had to dig this one out in another room...)

BXw4wL6CEAAfPZ5.jpg:large

Glad about the pick. I've always kinda wanted to see Daredevil but knew it would be terrible but now I have an excuse to endure its terribleness.

SmithnCo

So... Theatrical Daredevil I assume.

The Director's Cut is actually a decent improvement I thought.

Edit: I look forward to their thoughts on the playground fight, I forgot how near-Catwoman levels it is.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
For those who missed the awesomeness that is Sharknado, Netflix is set to stream it on Nov 5th.

Top Bottom