• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'How Did This Get Made?' podcast appreciation thread

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I had the game on the Commodore 64, don't remember getting past the first level that often, but I was quite young. In fact, I had the game way before I knew that there was a movie it was based on.

I'm 45 minutes into Hudson Hawk and I dont use this term lightly but this movie is next level bonkers. This is seriously Super Mario Bros movie crazy.

a) Its the 80iest/New Yorkiest movie I've ever seen and I imagine fans of Morton Downey Jr and Andrew Dice Clay loved it.

b) It's clear that Bruce Willis is at the height of his fame and running unchecked. This all seems like stuff that he'd find funny or cool and nobody had the guts to tell him no.

Side note: I hope the gang mentions how much Leonardo da Vinci looks like Jason.

More comments to come later depending on how sober I can remain.

Double post!

Just finished. I'm flabbergasted. This is by far one of the weirdest movies I've ever seen. I guess the best way to describe it is a Terry Gilliam movie with the sensibilities of an 80 year old Sinatra fan. Also, is there anyone less charismatic than Danny Aiello?

Double post!

Just finished. I'm flabbergasted. This is by far one of the weirdest movies I've ever seen. I guess the best way to describe it is a Terry Gilliam movie with the sensibilities of an 80 year old Sinatra fan. Also, is there anyone less charismatic than Danny Aiello?
CAN YOU FUCKIN BELIEVE IT?????

Clevinger

I hope they get Julie Klausner for this one

besides just being a great guest, her making fun of Andie MacDowell in her last ep was hilarious

Blastoise

Banned
That first episode photo, haha.

WH1C0iH.png

I love that the filename on the site is "zouks.png"

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I wish Video Podcast Network would do an episode with HDTGM. It probably wouldn't be that interesting, but I'd love to watch an episode and see the physicality.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I got around to watching Fair Game last week, holy crap what a fantastic movie. Also, dat sex scene.

Lorien

Banned
I'm pretty stoked they're doing Deck the Halls for one of the live shows this month.

Edit: The other is Jack Frost btw.

I can finally listen to the Fast & Furious 6 episode. Watched it earlier though I liked it. It is so over the top from even the last one. :lol

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I didn't watch that one. Or Spice Girls. Or On the Line. I'm sure the episode about it will be great. They almost always are. But I'm saying meh to the movie.

Dude From Justin To Kelly is worth a watch. SO BAD. SO GOOD. My sister and I used to watch it all time when we were younger.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

@HDTGM Why Jack Frost 1998 over 1997—no love for killer snowmen? Also, who do we talk to about making Nundercover our next original series?

HowDidThisGetMade? ‏@HDTGM 14 Dec

@netflix @paulscheer Now this sounds like something we can get behind.

Paul Scheer ‏@paulscheer 14 Dec

@netflix @HDTGM It's a deal, we've got David Fincher signed for the 1st Nundercover movies.

Lol amazing.

Lorien

Banned
That tweet is great.

As for Crossroads, I was ready to call this movie a really shit pick by them but the craziness that happened with 20 minutes left redeemed it a bit.

That Twitter convo is amazing.

Watching Crossroads. Britney Spears is totally believable as a science whiz high school valedictorian. Totally.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I thought it was a happy go lucky film before I watched it as well. Wasn't expecting the dark nature of the film. I agree with Jason that the movie was boring.

I'm finally going to watch F&F 6 later tonight.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
So... will we be getting a new episode (not a minisode) next week? I assume they want to get those Christmas episodes in asap.

Good episode btw.

Top Bottom