• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory |OT|: Tons and Tons of MOE!

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Yowza. I only remember a handful of difficulty spikes in mk2 (like Brave vs Nep and Uni I think). Was not too difficult.

Yeah, the difficulty spikes in Victory are pretty silly.

You can die with NORMAL ENEMIES infected by viruses, and bosses are IMPOSSIBLE without grinding 4-7 Levels above what you think you need to be :/

So is it true they have Steins;gate references in this?

So far I have seen resident evil, sailor moon, final fantasy, and K-On references.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
NepGaf, just a warning that this game is a lot more grindy than previous games.

Don't say I didn't warn you when your copies arrive.

Not really true. I haven't done any grind yet and i just finished Chapter 5. I find it to be a bit more difficult than the previous games though.

The only time i encountered some difficult bosses was really early on, but i just bought the HP rings from the shop that doubled my HP and it was smooth sailing.

Hcoregamer00

Not really true. I haven't done any grind yet and i just finished Chapter 5.

The only time i encountered some difficult bosses was really early on, but i just bought the HP rings from the shop that doubled my HP and it was smooth sailing.

What is your secret, since I have pretty much equipped my characters with the most powerful items and found myself dying much more than in neptunia and Mk2.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
What is your secret, since I have pretty much equipped my characters with the most powerful items and found myself dying much more than in neptunia and Mk2.

There really isn't a secret. I just clear all the mobs in my way in a dungeon whenever i have to go there for an event or a mandatory quest. Also it seems that i am quite underleveled as well because when i get new party members they are way over my current level. Like the last one i got was 8 levels higher than my highest one!

Hcoregamer00

There really isn't a secret. I just clear all the mobs in a dungeon whenever i have to go there for an event or a mandatory quest. Also it seems that i am quite underleveled as well because when i get new party members they are way over my current level. Like the last one i got was 8 levels higher than my highest one!

Sorry, my experience is just not like that. If it was that easy then I wouldn't have to put the game on a standstill to level up my characters several times before barely surviving a boss.

Stuart444

There really isn't a secret. I just clear all the mobs in my way in a dungeon whenever i have to go there for an event or a mandatory quest. Also it seems that i am quite underleveled as well because when i get new party members they are way over my current level. Like the last one i got was 8 levels higher than my highest one!

I don't know how then, clearing out all the mobs just rips me of my HP and items/SP quite quickly (especially with SP items costing a lot, I need to save my SP for bosses :/ ). And Viral monsters are just plain stupid tough.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
I don't know how then, clearing out all the mobs just rips me of my HP and items/SP quite quickly (especially with SP items costing a lot, I need to save my SP for bosses :/ ). And Viral monsters are just plain stupid tough.

I rarely ever use SP on regular mobs. Just Break and Power attacks, can clear most of the mobs before their turn, unless one get virus, then it gets dumb quick. Most of the times i get to a Save point before the boss/event, and i still have full SP. I then just have to fill my HP with items and i'm ready to go.

On bosses, i just keep attacking with Break attacks until it's guard is broken, while healing with Plutie if needed. Then once breaked, just unload with skills on the boss, and keep him breaked and he dies. Haven't really encounted a problem other than the first few bosses, where he was almost one shoting me, and i had to go and buy the HP ring to double my HP.

I don't know why people are having that much problems, but like i said, it's a bit more difficult than the previous games. Some special version of the regular mobs can hit hard, but it's not that big of a deal.

Hcoregamer00

I rarely ever use SP on regular mobs. Just Break and Power attacks, can clear most of the mobs before their turn, unless one get virus, then it gets dumb quick.

On bosses, i just keep attacking with Break attacks until it's guard is broken, while healing with Plutie if needed. Then once breaked, just unload with skills on the boss, and keep him breaked and he dies. Haven't really encounted a problem other than the first few bosses, where he was almost one shoting me, and i had to go and buy the HP ring to double my HP.

I don't know why people are having that much problems, but like i said, it's a bit more difficult than the previous games. Some regular mobs can hit hard, especially special versions of them.

Pretty much the strategy I have been using.....

It worked on all the previous Neptunia games and it works in Victory. Difference is that the bosses and virus enemies are much tougher.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Pretty much the strategy I have been using.....

It worked on all the previous Neptunia games and it works in Victory. Difference is that the bosses and virus enemies are much tougher.

It's a bit harder, especially at the beginning but once you get more party members, the exe gauge and exe attacks, and some other stuff it get's easier.

Hcoregamer00

It's a bit harder, especially at the beginning but once you get more party members, the exe gauge and exe attacks, and some other stuff it get's easier.

So far I have three, so that could explain the disparity from my experience and yours.

Probably when I look back in retrospect it won't be that bad, but my frequent dying right now is the source of my frustration.

kiryogi

Banned
Moe lunch box came in. It is absolute win.

514cbbbd2e0efc2bee90af81.jpg

Hcoregamer00

I'm honestly a bit surprised at the quality of this stuff. Not that it was bad previously, but this is better indeed.

The franchise has improved considerably since its inception, that much is clear.

It goes to show what a developer can do with a good concept and a genuine love for working on the project.

zroid

Banned
If I had to choose just one, should I get Mk2 or Victory? I have the first Neptunia but never bothered to pick up the second. Always kind of wanted to, but yeah...

cjkeats

I can't decide lol

And I didn't help, lol.
When in doubt, buy both. If not, I guess you should decide wether you want a dungeon crawler with moe, or one with tons and tons or moe.

Not sure how well distributed the game is, so I don;t know which will be harder to find in the future if you only get one. Judging by all the copies of mk2 and EO4 in my local places, you should be okay.

Volcynika

If I had to choose just one, should I get Mk2 or Victory? I have the first Neptunia but never bothered to pick up the second. Always kind of wanted to, but yeah...

I wish I could tell you, but a lot of people haven't gone through Victory. D: Mk2 is pretty enjoyable though, liked it a lot.

zroid

Banned
Oh well, I can wait for more impressions, haha. Mk2 is a bit hard to find now but I've seen it around for $30. If Victory were definitively better I'd wait a while and get it instead; but otherwise if I hold out much longer on Mk2 it'll probably be gone from the few stores it's still available.

Oh well, I can wait for more impressions, haha. Mk2 is a bit hard to find now but I've seen it around for $30. If Victory were definitively better I'd wait a while and get it instead; but otherwise if I hold out much longer on Mk2 it'll probably be gone from the few stores it's still available.

It's on PSN.

Wish I could find a retail copy online for Canada that isn't $65056.63.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Got my tons and tons of moe~
FDhbuwD.jpg

Next to my JP CE. The packaging on the NA one is so much better.
T28doRR.jpg

I noticed doing sidequests affects the shares.

Can I do all the sidequests I want because I remember reading something about how in one of the previous games doing sidequests at will could actually screw you over due to not being able to shuffle shares around for some reason.

Kincaido

I noticed doing sidequests affects the shares.

Can I do all the sidequests I want because I remember reading something about how in one of the previous games doing sidequests at will could actually screw you over due to not being able to shuffle shares around for some reason.

Shares affect their respective goddess stats in this game. Doesn't affect endings at all this time.

Animekatt

Shares affect their respective goddess stats in this game. Doesn't affect endings at all this time.

Thank God. I hated that in the first two games.

I got my lunch boxes earlier today, and I'm loving the quality and dedication that NISA had put into making this CE.

Kincaido

Good, so what metric affects the ending? Whomever is closest to Neptune?

Collect five key items in Chapters 5 and 6 will help you get the Good and True endings. Have to see certain Events in Chapter 9 for True Ending, avoiding them gets you the Good Ending. Don't collect all of the key items to get the Normal ending.

Hcoregamer00

Collect five key items in Chapters 5 and 6 will help you get the Good and True endings. Have to see certain Events in Chapter 9 for True Ending, avoiding them gets you the Good Ending. Don't collect all of the key items to get the Normal ending.

Ah, fuck that is kind of even worst than an inset-character here ending.

GameFaqs here I come.....in one more chapter.

Kincaido

Hcoregamer00

Esura

Banned
I just love getting two shotted by bosses and spending 45 minutes picking apart a boss in the most lamest way possible.

What's up with these difficulty spikes?

Hcoregamer00

I just love getting two shotted by bosses and spending 45 minutes picking apart a boss in the most lamest way possible.

What's up with these difficulty spikes?

Yeah, it sucks doesn't it? I got to a new chapter and I am hoping the difficulty spikes smooth out to something more reasonable. At least new game+ will be fun since you can mow everyone down at level 99.

GAME LOGIC gotta love it, be the most powerful goddesses in the world....and barely scratch a dungeon baddie.

Esura

Banned
Yeah, it sucks doesn't it? I got to a new chapter and I am hoping the difficulty spikes smooth out to something more reasonable. At least new game+ will be fun since you can mow everyone down at level 99.

GAME LOGIC gotta love it, be the most powerful goddesses in the world....and barely scratch a dungeon baddie.

I don't remember the first two having this many issues. I died more times in this game than I ever did in the first two and that ain't right. :(

Also, I got one shotted by a Dogoo while in CPU forms....wtf is going on here?

Oh, and I like the post boss battle dialog where they act like the fight was a piece of cake too...

Hcoregamer00

I don't remember the first two having this many issues. I died more times in this game than I ever did in the first two and that ain't right. :(

Also, I got one shotted by a Dogoo while in CPU forms....wtf is going on here?

Oh, and I like the post boss battle dialog where they act like the fight was a piece of cake too...

Yeah, same here. That is what my complaint earlier was about, Neptunia V is much harder than previous iterations, which only had the most difficult enemies in S-Class Quests or optional dungeons.

NepGAF can agree with me that this game's difficulty balance has spikes that were not really found in previous games.

The games dialogue is brilliant and easily ties with the original games's funny script, but damn it is sad seeing that game over screen more often than I am used to from a Neptunia game.

Top Bottom