• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hypothetical: Halo 2 OR Half-life 2???

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
With the recent Half-life 2 in November rumors, it's possible that the game could likely launch around the same time Halo 2 does. So, if you could only buy 1 of these games for the month of November, which would it be????? I'm glad I don't have to choose, but this would probably be one of the toughest gaming decisions around.

PICK ONE: HALO 2 OR HALF-LIFE 2???

TALLY-
HALO 2= 36 VOTES
HALF-LIFE 2 = 44 VOTES

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
I'm looking forward to both almost equally, but I'd probably have to lean towards Halo 2 mainly because I preferred Halo 1 single player to Half-life 1 single player...

Nester

I can buy HL2 via Steam next week supposedly, so I'll take both. HL2 in October, Halo 2 in November. :D

Iceman

These may be the two best games ever created... why would I even entertain the notion of having to choose?

Now I've already pre-ordered Halo 2 and I'm going to have to wait to upgrade my computer before attempting to play Half-Life 2... but that said, if I HAD to choose I'd take Half-Life 2.

Halo 2

I'd personally pick HL2 but most of my friends love Halo so if it was just one or the other, I'd rather play Halo 2 with my friends than HL2 single player.

Grey Fox

Half Life 2.How people could enjoy Halo SP over HL SP is beyond me(Xen parts don't count :p)Not to mention the fact Halo came out 4 years after Half Life, so it had better graphics,physics blah blah blah.

Donkey Konga!

dumbass.jpg

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Halo 2.

The single player games are equally exciting to me, but Halo 2 offers co-op play AND multiplayer options that I actually care about. :p

FightyF

Banned
Halo 2

But I plan to work on an HL 2 MOD. I'm more interested in the engine rather than the game itself.

-edit-
Damn, saw the HL2 40 screen thread...now I'm hyped for the game...looks interesting!

border

Half-Life was a relatively dull, plodding single player experience. Halo 1 was the best single-player FPS since Goldeneye. Gotta give the edge to Halo 2.

Top Bottom