• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I don't know why I bother.. new PA

Drexon

Banned
20040823l.jpg

MC Safety

Teh not funny.

Also, why do people bother reposting this strip on Gaming-Age?

Also, doesn't posting cartoons from Penny-Arcade fall into the same category as reprinting magazine stories verbatim? As in, thou shalt not?

Bregor

Disco Stu said:
Also, doesn't posting cartoons from Penny-Arcade fall into the same category as reprinting magazine stories verbatim? As in, thou shalt not?

Someone emailed them and asked if it was OK. The response was that if they ever decide they are against hotlinking, they configure their server to prevent it.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Disco Stu said:
Teh not funny.

Not really your business anyway, didn't know you were part of the copyright police. How are those pics of Jennifer Tsao coming anyway? :p

ChrisReid

BuddyChrist83 said:
I chuckled.

Yeah, this one's not bad. It pretty much fits with any nerd hobby. Everyone has their big nerd events that they really really don't want to miss, so I can relate.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Disco Stu said:
Teh not funny.

Ever think that they might be posters here???? hmmmm Also they used to shop at the EB I worked at in college... Washington in da house!!!

DJ_Tet

Banned
Blackace said:
Ever think that they might be posters here???? hmmmm Also they used to shop at the EB I worked at in college... Washington in da house!!!

lol, mind your own business STU

MC Safety

DJ_Tet said:
Not really your business anyway, didn't know you were part of the copyright police. How are those pics of Jennifer Tsao coming anyway? :p

Dork.

I don't know about the pictures, but the restraining order is coming along swimmingly.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Sweet. :D

What constitutes a personal attack anyway? Does Dork count? Just wondering for future attacks on Lonestar ;)

Blackace

Ah come on you two.... let's not get banned over PA

suikodan

I actually found this one pretty funny. Funnier than their last ones especially.

And I would be curious to see Gabe and Tycho in real life.

Blackace said:

Off topic.... though in this case, I guess that's good... how many here are from Washington State?

Blackace

FortNinety said:
Off topic.... though in this case, I guess that's good... how many here are from Washington State?

Me me me me me... but now I live in Japan :D

Blackace

FortNinety said:
Well I know bobbyconover is in Washington, and Drink Crow too, right?

yup

Drinky is super cool... no matter how he acts on the board.. we used to do lunch quite often... :D

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
It's the same for everybody, since the internet is an anonymous form of social gathering one is less restricted to be courteous and respectful since he/she doesn't suffer from any actual repurcussions except for static emotionless text. Even age differences, cultural background, and education are complete mysteries so there is always a constant clash in even day to day conversations since everybody operates on a different level of politeness. Unfortunately that information is unavailable to other users due to the faceless/emotionless methods of input (ignoring the use of emoticons and text manipulation). Even the biggest asshole on any forum might end up being a generally nice guy in public since social preassure is both implied and applied.

Sorry for the mundane common knowledge but I wanted to put up a link to the study of the Internet Anonyminity Theory, but I cannot find it.

Chony

I might stop by PAX, but I missed the pre-registration, so I don't think I will compete in any tournaments (though I would own in SSB:M).

blackace and MAF : :(

I should add that I'm really no different in person than I am on the boards here: I still mock Nintendo, call people names, engage in deliberately hyperbolic arguments, troll my friends, and act like a supercilious prat. The only difference is you can actually SEE me laughing at my own bullshit in person, plus you also get to see me take my lumps.

What can be strangely charming in person becomes aggravating on the internet, and I LIKE THAT.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Drinky Crow said:
What can be strangely charming in person becomes aggravating on the internet, and I LIKE THAT.
I have a friend who acts exactly like you and it's pretty funny sometimes. Once you know it's all part of the act and a method of getting laughs it's good fun.

EDIT: You seem like a nice honest guy from the limited time I've seen you post here. I'm honestly not trying to suck up but it conflicts with opinions of other users and it's sad to see that.

Alex

My little part of WA rocks. When it isn't 110 degrees outside at least, it's 65 and raining at the moment, yay!

Well, I can be quite serious at times, and I try to be a good friend whenever I can. On the internet, that aspect rarely shines through, but when forum folks have contacted me personally with a legitimate problem, they've gotten much more honest and sympathetic answers and assistance.

I can't take a forum about video games very seriously; sorry. I especially can't take OPINIONS about video games seriously, and I sure can't take the dreadful gravitas of Nintendo fans seriously at ALL.

Blackace

not getting to hang out with Drinky is one of the few things I miss about Washington... still not enough to make me go back....

I wouldn't leave Japan to hang out with me, either! That said, going to Red Robin for lunch and boozing it up is sorely missed. My coworkers just can't hold their liquor, the geeks.

Blackace

Drinky Crow said:
I wouldn't leave Japan to hang out with me, either!

No doubt!!!! BTW way since this thread is totally shot to shit already anyways... I got a new, better job now!!! (poor poor JR high kids....)

Go all GTO on 'em. And be sure to teach 'em how to pimp strut. A good modern Western education isn't complete without a solid background in pimp strutting.

Top Bottom