• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"I need a New PC!" 2012 Thread. 22nm+28nm, Tri-Gate, and reading the OP. [Part 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

K' Dash

Mine has never went about 80 degrees even with a game like Alan Wake really hammering it.

do you have OC'd? ir so, do you use custom fan speed or auto?

how is the best way to stress test the card with furbar? I've just done the 1 minute 1080p benchmark test, I'm afraid to do the 15 min burn in :-/

MrBig

how is the best way to stress test the card with furbar? I've just done the 1 minute 1080p benchmark test, I'm afraid to do the 15 min burn in :-/

Make a custom fan profile. The stock will be conservative, even for non-OC. Furmark doesn't mean much, play an actual GPU intensive game like BF3 or the Heaven benchmark on loop.

kharma45

Yeah I've it OC'd, and just leave it at auto for the fan.

Never used furbar for stress testing, always used Heaven.

Seanbob11

Hey guys. Can anyone recommend a good blu-ray drive for burning my media to discs? I'm in the UK if that makes a difference. Thanks a lot.

i5 2500K - Making crappy console ports run nicely with sheer brute force.

Splinter Cell Conviction seemingly maintains quite a nice frame rate now, i love this purchase so, so much :)

Not that im saying having brute force excuses piss poor ports or optimization of course ....

Daante

Really happy with how my build for a new HTPC/gaming rigg came along!

Uuu5Q.jpg

iOIJY.jpg

Power supply: Seasonic X-460FL 460W
Cpu: Intel 3570k
Cpu cooling:Silverstone SST-NT07-1155
Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX
Gpu: Asus HD7850-DC2-2GD5
Ram: 8g corsair low profile ram
Harddrive: 128 Samsung SATA III - SSD
Case: Silverstone gd06
Keyboard. Logitech Di Novo Mini
Gamepad: 360 Wireless gamepad

I have dismounted the optical bay , and the hot swaps for hd:s to get better airflow inside the case. Win 7 loads extremely fast with this motherboard and the ssd disk. The computer is SILENT. The only thing i can hear from the sofa is the internal silverstone 120m fans if they are on 100% speed. It´s no problem since speefan exists, but i am gonna invest in Nexus or scythe fans in he future. Yeah of course, if you turn up the fans at the 7850 card to 100% it sounds quite a lot, but thats not needed. Card stays cool at 35-40% fanspeed inside the case.

I honestly feel that this is a next gen console experience. I have XBMC installed for everything movie and music wise. No problems running web browsing and streaming 1080p things from the web (basically i have a own "Barcraft" in the living room) :D
Running Steam for games (yeah know you can integrate it in xbmc, i will get there someday)

IT IS SO DAMN NICE TO PLAY GAMES AT STEADY 60 FPS AT THE BIG SCREEN WITH THE GRAPHICAL OPTIONS TURNED UP!!

This is exactly the rebirth my gaming life needed.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Should I just avoid SSDs with SandForce controllers? Seems like even OCZ (who I am avoiding) have moved away from them.
I'd just go for a 830 or m4.
Really happy with how my build for a new HTPC/gaming rigg came along!

Uuu5Q.jpg

iOIJY.jpg

Power supply: Seasonic X-460FL 460W
Cpu: Intel 3570k
Cpu cooling:Silverstone SST-NT07-1155
Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX
Gpu: Asus HD7850-DC2-2GD5
Ram: 8g corsair low profile ram
Harddrive: 128 Samsung SATA III - SSD
Case: Silverstone gd06
Keyboard. Logitech Di Novo Mini
Gamepad: 360 Wireless gamepad
That looks really great!
I made a couple changes to my list and all parts are on their way. Wanted to get approval before I started putting her together. Thanks!

Processor: Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W
Motherboard: MSI Z77MA-G45 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX
Memory: CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
Graphics: XFX HD-687A-ZHFC Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5
Power Supply: CORSAIR Builder Series CX500 V2 500W
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKX 500GB 7200 RPM
Optical Drive: Sony Optiarc 24X DVD Burner
Case: Fractal Design Define Mini

Total came out to $736. Would've been cheaper, but I had to splurge on the Fractal case. It seemed like the best bang for the buck.
I'd swap the CX500 for an Antec 450. WD Blue for a Samsung F3 500GB if possible.

metalshade

I am trying to understand the differences in GPU manufacturers guys.

What is the difference between these two:

PowerColor HD 6870 1GB

Asus Radeon HD 6870 1GB

Also, which is best out of the above two and this: PowerColor Radeon HD 7770 1GB

It is confusing me, because two cards from the same company with different numbers after them dont always follow that the higher number is the higher performance card.

mkenyon

Banned
I am trying to understand the differences in GPU manufacturers guys.

What is the difference between these two:

PowerColor HD 6870 1GB

Asus Radeon HD 6870 1GB

Also, which is best out of the above two and this: PowerColor Radeon HD 7770 1GB

It is confusing me, because two cards from the same company with different numbers after them dont always follow that the higher number is the higher performance card.

With AMD, lets assign ABCC to 6870.

A = Generation of card
B = Class of card
CC = sub-class of card

So, as far as generations go, a 6870 and 7870 both hold the same functional spot in their respective generations. However, since the 7870 is newer, it will perform better. In really broad sweeping generalizations, you can roughly equate a next gen card as one class better than a previous gen. So, 7870 ~= 6970 in performance.

To tell you which one is better out of the ones you asked about, I would need a link. The differences can be found in the type of cooler on the card and whether or not it comes overclocked from the factory. There's an explanation of video card types in the OP.

mu cephei

Case: Fractal Design Arc Black Midi Tower Chassis
SSD: Crucial m4 128GB 2.5" SATA-III Solid State Hard Drive
HD: 1TB Western Digital Black
Optical drive: Sony 24x AD-7280S-0B Internal DVD-RAM+/- Writer SATA
CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40GHz (Ivybridge)
PSU: 650W Corsair TX650 V2 80PLUS Bronze
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-D3H Intel Z77 Socket 1155 DDR3 PCI-Express
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 low profile
Graphics card: MSI GeForce GTX 670 OC 2048MB
Mouse: Logitech G400 3600DPI Gaming Mouse
Keyboard: UK Filco Majestouch-2

Just reporting back.

The above is what I went with. Things that stand out to me-

Boot is quicker with a SSD (not news) but the motherboard screen takes ages for some reason. Also it didn't boot one time yesterday, who knows why, I fiddled with all connectors inside and out and I hope that's all it was.

The Fractal case is HUGE. I guess I should've looked at the dimensions. However it's also fab. It even has SSD screws. But there was a serious lack of instructions (god knows if I used the right screws for the optical drive).

I love the (insanely expensive) Filco mechanical keyboard (browns). The beige 12-year-old logitech thing I had before still worked, but... However I will say that the Filco is loud. I even watched youtube videos in preparation but it still surprised me. It's a nice sound, though.

Everything's working. One thing I'm a bit worried about is there's something, I think the SSD, periodically making a kind of short pulse/buzz (the hdd light flashes on the case when it does this). I googled it but nothing doing.

The only game I've played so far is Skyrim, but it's handled all the fancy mods/ settings I've thrown at it with ease.

Thanks for all the help in choosing parts/ places to buy etc, it was much easier this time :)

metalshade

With AMD, lets assign ABCC to 6870.

A = Generation of card
B = Class of card
CC = sub-class of card

So, as far as generations go, a 6870 and 7870 both hold the same functional spot in their respective generations. However, since the 7870 is newer, it will perform better. In really broad sweeping generalizations, you can roughly equate a next gen card as one class better than a previous gen. So, 7870 ~= 6970 in performance.

To tell you which one is better out of the ones you asked about, I would need a link. The differences can be found in the type of cooler on the card and whether or not it comes overclocked from the factory. There's an explanation of video card types in the OP.

Sorry yeah, I have read the OP loads, I must have missed that everytime!!

Links.

http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/part/asus-video-card-eah6870dc2di2s1gd5 Asus HD 6870

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/248745 Powercolour HD 6870

http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/part/powercolor-video-card-ax77701gbd52dh Powercolour HD 7770

mkenyon

Banned
Go into BIOS, disable everything that you aren't using. During POST, it might be starting up all sorts of connectors/extra crap that you don't use. Examples would be a secondary SATA controller, hot swap connectivity, bluetooth, etc.

With screws, if it doesn't hold it in, you have the wrong one. Hard to screw that one up. *rimshot*

The buzz has to be your regular HDD. SSDs are totally inaudible, and HDDs often make little buzzy/interference/spinning noises of all shapes and sizes.
Sorry yeah, I have read the OP loads, I must have missed that everytime!!

Links.

http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/part/asus-video-card-eah6870dc2di2s1gd5 Asus HD 6870

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/248745 Powercolour HD 6870

http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/part/powercolor-video-card-ax77701gbd52dh Powercolour HD 7770
The ASUS is the quietest of the bunch, and probably runs cooler. But, it also dumps the heat into your case as opposed to exhausting it out of the back.

The 6870 outperforms the 7770 by a good bit, but also consumes more power. Not much though.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Woo!!!! My case came.

It's actually a little bigger than I had anticipated, lol. I haven't really taken it apart yet, I'll post pics tonight after work when I can open it up and peek around.

metalshade

The ASUS is the quietest of the bunch, and probably runs cooler. But, it also dumps the heat into your case as opposed to exhausting it out of the back.

The 6870 outperforms the 7770 by a good bit, but also consumes more power. Not much though.

I figured the Asus would be the best out of the bunch, I am not particularly bothered about where the heat is exhausted.
Thanks dude, another area of confusion cleared up.

mu cephei

With screws, if it doesn't hold it in, you have the wrong one. Hard to screw that one up. *rimshot*

lol

Thanks, I'll try disabling stuff in BIOS then. As for the buzzing, I was just worried there might be an issue with SSDs making that noise before failing but I shall stop being paranoid.

Noaloha

Been wondering about airflow set-ups for the build I'll be doing in a month or two. It'll be Arc Midi, with a H100 cooler, a DCU2 GPU (so exhausting its heat internally and down) and a Sabertooth Z77 (replete with the little dual assist fans - one at the rear I/O and one on the face of the board between CPU and GPU).

Any opinions on the best set-up for airflow in that arrangement? My understanding at this point is that it's better to have positive pressure (more fans functioning as intake than exhaust). My gut feeling is having the H100 as exhaust, the three Arc fans as intake, with one at top rear and two in front (middle HDD bay removed), plus the rear I/O motherboard assist fan as an intake and the central assist fan blowing from back of board to front.

Is it the sort of thing which can be theorised over, or is it more of a 'get it built and just try different set-ups' sort of thing?

cametall

Been wondering about airflow set-ups for the build I'll be doing in a month or two. It'll be Arc Midi, with a H100 cooler, a DCU2 GPU (so exhausting its heat internally and down) and a Sabertooth Z77 (replete with the little dual assist fans - one at the rear I/O and one on the face of the board between CPU and GPU).

Any opinions on the best set-up for airflow in that arrangement? My understanding at this point is that it's better to have positive pressure (more fans functioning as intake than exhaust). My gut feeling is having the H100 as exhaust, the three Arc fans as intake, with one at top rear and two in front (middle HDD bay removed), plus the rear I/O motherboard assist fan as an intake and the central assist fan blowing from back of board to front.

Is it the sort of thing which can be theorised over, or is it more of a 'get it built and just try different set-ups' sort of thing?

Try different set ups.

I tried positive and negative airflow/pressure/whatever and in my case (yay pun) a positive flow provided the best cooling.

It's dependent on your case really.

Ceebs

So I discovered the weakness of playing games at 2560X1440. 90 seconds of FRAPS recording gave me almost 8 gigs worth of video.

On the bright side, my 3570 is very capable of playing games through Dolphin and recording at the same time without dropping a frame.

*edit. Sorry those pics were huge. I'll post some later.

iPhone 4 pictures of my Crossover. Testing out the Picup app load to imgur. I have not noticed any stuck pixels.

Hey guys I decided to build a gaming pc. I'm a console player and now I'm ready for the real deal and I'd like to get something that's gonna be good as far as running games like BF3 at high but I see this project as a foundation and I want to build a good foundation for the future. I'll give a list of the items I have so far and I would love suggestions but I don't want to spend $1300. My current list has me $1052 and that's the range I'd like to stay.

Intel i5-3450s Ivy Bridge 2.8GHz (3.5GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 65W Quad-Core Desktop Processor
GTX 670 2gb 256-bit GDDR5
ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Rosewill Green Series RG630-S12 630W Continuous @40°C,80 PLUS Certified Power supply
Patriot Gamer 2 Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

I figured I'd list the main components instead of everything because things can change as far as what case I want and what KB/M I will get. I will use my HD tv as my monitor since it's 1080p. My goal is to run BF3 at high settings with fps above 60 but if I have to settle for medium settings I'm fine with that. Please add any suggestions.

mkenyon

Banned
General advice when "spending on a foundation":

Get a really good PSU.
Get a well built case.
Get a nice monitor.

Everything else fluctuates in price so much and comes and goes.

Otherwise, just follow the OP build for 'Excellent'. Swap the PSU for a Corsair HX650, Corsair AX650/750 or a Seasonic X650/750. Just watch NCIX, Amazon, and the egg. All of those go on sale for about $100 at least once a month.

For the case, get a Coolermaster 690II Advanced or Fractal Arc Midi. Both are amazingly well built cases that will last you many years while providing a lot of room for upgrading components should you want to expand into different areas.

Dibbz

PC GAF I need some advice. I seem to be missing some Win32 files or modules or something for some reason, I think something might have fucked up when I added an extra HDD to my system. I was thinking of repairing Windows but for some reason it won't let me so I figured I should just reformat and reinstall.

I've got my OS on a hard drive which is partitioned off to only have OS stuff, drivers etc on it (documents, pics also) on one half and on the other are my programs. The new HDD has just media stuff on it so we can forget about that for now.

Is reformatting and reinstalling my OS as simple as it sounds or will it somehow affect any installed programs on the other partition?

mkenyon

Banned
It will remove all installed programs. It won't delete the data from the hard drive, but you generally won't be able to re-integrate those into your OS as most of them have important features that are directly tied to the OS.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a HTPC? The smaller the better. It won't be using local storage [except for OS / XBMC]; no cd-rom drive etc.

Basically something very small that just needs to stream content and supports HD Audio.

General advice when "spending on a foundation":

Get a really good PSU.
Get a well built case.
Get a nice monitor.

Everything else fluctuates in price so much and comes and goes.

Otherwise, just follow the OP build for 'Excellent'. Swap the PSU for a Corsair HX650, Corsair AX650/750 or a Seasonic X650/750. Just watch NCIX, Amazon, and the egg. All of those go on sale for about $100 at least once a month.

For the case, get a Coolermaster 690II Advanced or Fractal Arc Midi. Both are amazingly well built cases that will last you many years while providing a lot of room for upgrading components should you want to expand into different areas.

What do you think of the Rosewill Challenger case? It has great reviews but is it big enough for future upgrades?

scogoth

Does anyone have any recommendations for a HTPC? The smaller the better. It won't be using local storage [except for OS / XBMC]; no cd-rom drive etc.

Basically something very small that just needs to stream content and supports HD Audio.

First gen Apple TV?

Hey, guys, quick question (which I hope can be answered quick as well):

GTX 460 vs GTX 550 Ti--which should my friend go for?

I recommended the 460 to him; another friend told him to get the 550 Ti because it's a newer model. Now he's asking me again which one he should choose. I told him the 460, but I don't really have anything to say why he shouldn't get the 550 Ti. He's asking me on IM right now. What do I tell him?

Ran into a problem with my build. The case's side won't shut because it makes contact with the tips of the heatsink. Is this okay or should I improvise a solution?

AB12

Hey, guys, quick question (which I hope can be answered quick as well):

GTX 460 vs GTX 550 Ti--which should my friend go for?

I recommended the 460 to him; another friend told him to get the 550 Ti because it's a newer model. Now he's asking me again which one he should choose. I told him the 460, but I don't really have anything to say why he shouldn't get the 550 Ti. He's asking me on IM right now. What do I tell him?

Here is a comparison done by Anandtech, 460 destroys the 550ti.

lemonade

So I just sprung for another 580 lightning xtreme edition for my rig. Problem is, I have a gene z motherboard. U think there is enough space? I dont, lol If not, what motherboard would u suggest. Also, have a corsair 650d. Should I get the full case or will the mid size case do fine?

eso76

Hay guys !
so a friend just sold me a cooler master stacker case with

Asus P6T WS Pro
Intel i7 940
6 GB DDR 3

(all for 230 € which i thought was a good price)

There's a couple things i can take from my older pc but i'm still missing:

Power Supply
Graphics
Storage: (already have 1 TB Sata 2 hdd, would need something fast for OS - not sure about SSD)
some usb 3 pci card or something.

Graphics:

Now, keep in mind that i will NOT be playing videogames on this thing, but i do know that latest Adobe suites will benefit from Nvidia cards with Cuda Cores (i will be using premiere, after effects, photoshop, lightroom etc i'll be encoding videos, doing modeling and 3d rendering on lightwave, maya, drawing stuff with a Wacom in Corel Painter )

i'm finding the GTX 560 ti rather tempting, this one

VGA Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC Core 900MHz Memory GDDR5 4000MHz 1GB 2xDVI miniHDMI

which was 180 € yesterday and which is now 193 € : (
i'm sure i'd be happy with something cheaper, though, what would you guys suggest ?

Power Supply

I have no idea about what wattage i'd need; i'm never going sli or anything exotic, i'll probably have up to 3 or 4 hdd's at some point, a few usb ports but that's about it.
I started looking at 750w PS but i'm sure 650 is more than enough for me;
What do you guys think of

Corsair Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W 80plus Bronze 92 €

Storage

Finally, i need a new, fast hdd for OS and software.
Not going SSD yet; i like the idea but ultimately, i don't think price/capacity/time saved is worth the money, i'd rather buy another TB of traditional storage. Considering the motherboard is Sata 2, what do you guys think is the best value, fastest, reliable hdd ?

Can GAF help ? don't want to spend a lot of money !

Sethos

Banned
Okay, might have had enough of my Cosmos II. As excited as I was for this case, it has so many niggles that bother the hell out of me.

- HDD Rattle. It has terrible dampening on the HDD bays, as I've mentioned earlier I had to create a cradle of sewing elastic just for my HDD. I have a few spares I'd like to use but I really can't be arsed working in that tight space, creating a cradle for each HDD.

- Front fan mounting is rubbish, there's apparently some screw that keeps creeping into that fan I installed.

- Front sliding cover kills airflow through it when you put it down to access the DVD drive, annoying.

- Top fan mount was also rubbish, fan doesn't really fit and can vibrate a bit.

Verdict: 6/10

I need a new case. I also want to get the Corsair H100, simply because it's so small and actually allows you to see the inside of your computer unlike that engine block called Phanteks I have now. H100 works with LGA2011 right?

Well, just want to ask for a short-list of popular, nice looking cases that fits the H100 perfectly and will fit a 3-slot GPU SLI setup ( with the spare one in the middle for air ) - A case that keeps the PSU as far away from the motherboard as possible, as the GPU sticks 'outside'.

Also what's the word on PSU sleeving? Any kits you can get in hardware stores around the world or is this special order / home brew stuff?

gragy10

Quick question - currently using a GTX 580 to power a 1080p display. If I upgrade to a 1440p will the 580 have enough grunt to cover the increased res in the average game (ie: not Witcher 2, Metro 2033)?

kharma45

Quick question - currently using a GTX 580 to power a 1080p display. If I upgrade to a 1440p will the 580 have enough grunt to cover the increased res in the average game (ie: not Witcher 2, Metro 2033)?

Is it the 1.5GB or 3GB version? Either way for an average game you should do.

n0n44m

Okay, might have had enough of my Cosmos II. As excited as I was for this case, it has so many niggles that bother the hell out of me.

- HDD Rattle. It has terrible dampening on the HDD bays, as I've mentioned earlier I had to create a cradle of sewing elastic just for my HDD. I have a few spares I'd like to use but I really can't be arsed working in that tight space, creating a cradle for each HDD.

- Front fan mounting is rubbish, there's apparently some screw that keeps creeping into that fan I installed.

- Front sliding cover kills airflow through it when you put it down to access the DVD drive, annoying.

- Top fan mount was also rubbish, fan doesn't really fit and can vibrate a bit.

Verdict: 6/10

I need a new case. I also want to get the Corsair H100, simply because it's so small and actually allows you to see the inside of your computer unlike that engine block called Phanteks I have now. H100 works with LGA2011 right?

Well, just want to ask for a short-list of popular, nice looking cases that fits the H100 perfectly and will fit a 3-slot GPU SLI setup ( with the spare one in the middle for air ) - A case that keeps the PSU as far away from the motherboard as possible, as the GPU sticks 'outside'.

Also what's the word on PSU sleeving? Any kits you can get in hardware stores around the world or is this special order / home brew stuff?

PSU sleeving; mainly special/DIY but Corsair is now selling sleeved kits for certain AX models. You can also get sleeved extensions from companies like Bitfenix if you don't mind stuffing the rest of the cables behind your motherboard tray

case: http://www.overclock.net/t/1144409/h80-h100-case-compatibility-thread-page-1-for-full-listings/0_100 might help ... but only the Lian-Li V2120 or Corsair 800D are "premium" in that list and I'm not even sure if they support the 3-slot SLI thing. I mean the bottom GPU would probably be right against the midplate on the 800D right? Silverstone TJ-07 would be nice if the H100 tubing was long enough to put the radiator in the bottom ... That Shinobi XL mkenyon has looks really nice as well, and judging from his pics here should fit an H100 :)

in other news:

600x450px-LL-c374314b_2012-07-0520.32.56cebma.jpeg

almost done with my new build after 4 weeks of not gaming ;D

Sethos

Banned
Appreciate the reply n0n44m, it does seem like it has mounting issues in a lot of cases - At least doesn't fit naturally. What is that push and pull, push pull thing people keep talking about and what's best?

Having a real hard time deciding on a case, also want it in white and with a bit of a snazzy look. Some of them just look a tad too plain for their price point. The Corsair 600T caught my eye as that seem to fit both H100 options, not sure about SLI space?

So questions right now:

( Prefer a white case! )

- Which case(s) will fit the H100 without too much dicking about

- Case(s) that will fit 2 x 3 Slot GPU, i.e plenty of space between motherboard and PSU

- Fan recommendations for the H100 that are silent, I hear the standard fans can be quite noisy

n0n44m

Appreciate the reply n0n44m, it does seem like it has mounting issues in a lot of cases - At least doesn't fit naturally. What is that push and pull, push pull thing people keep talking about and what's best?

Having a real hard time deciding on a case, also want it in white and with a bit of a snazzy look. Some of them just look a tad too plain for their price point. The Corsair 600T caught my eye as that seem to fit both H100 options, not sure about SLI space?

So questions right now:

( Prefer a white case! )

- Which case(s) will fit the H100 without too much dicking about

- Case(s) that will fit 2 x 3 Slot GPU, i.e plenty of space between motherboard and PSU

- Fan recommendations for the H100 that are silent, I hear the standard fans can be quite noisy

on push/pull/push-pull : the way the fans are setup to take air through the radiator. With fans only on one side they either PULL or PUSH the air through the radiator (PUSH prefered usually) and when you have fans on two sides then one side will PULL and the other side will PUSH or vice-versa (else you got a problem :p). Push-Pull will be a couple of degrees cooler so it's preferred when you have the space, but if you can only have fans on one side you still got more than sufficient cooling

the 600T does have 8 expansion slots which is one more than my Define XL ... and probably the same amount as the Cosmos II ?

for fans I'd say Scythe Gentle Typhoon, Noiseblockers or Bitfenix Spectre Pro ? Something around 1400 rpm max ... no experience with the H100 so I don't know if it can turn down fans automatically or not

Sethos

Banned
Thanks man, that makes sense now. Looking at a picture of the 600T Special Edition which I very much love, the room between the PSU and the motherboard seems tight.

icITGFJBnk1w6.jpg

However in my current setup

i5rjuIuyhrn4E.png

The bottom card stops before the motherboard ends, in the 600T picture the bottom card seems to be installed right at the bottom, going over the edge a bit.

So maybe there's room? ( It would obviously fit but I'm thinking breathing room, due to it being a intake fan based cooler, instead of exhaust

I think that 600T SE looks fantastic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom