• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"I need a New PC!" 2012 Thread. Ivy, SSDs, and reading the OP. [Part 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, it feels like Im in this thread every couple of months asking asinine questions. But its really tough to get any kind of straight answers just by doing google searches. So I have a couple of more!

Im thinking about buying a dell desktop that has a 7570 in it. I know that isnt a very powerful card, yet I cant find any benchmarks for it. Does any one have an idea of how powerful that card is? Secondly, the desktop has everything else I could want gen 3 core I5, 8 gigs of ram, and a 1tb hardrive. Could I swap the video card out for an Nvidia card later? Again, I know its a stupid question but I dont know if big companies like Dell puts some kind of strange preventative measure to stop that from happening.

beje

Banned
Man, it feels like Im in this thread every couple of months asking asinine questions. But its really tough to get any kind of straight answers just by doing google searches. So I have a couple of more!

Im thinking about buying a dell desktop that has a 7570 in it. I know that isnt a very powerful card, yet I cant find any benchmarks for it. Does any one have an idea of how powerful that card is? Secondly, the desktop has everything else I could want gen 3 core I5, 8 gigs of ram, and a 1tb hardrive. Could I swap the video card out for an Nvidia card later? Again, I know its a stupid question but I dont know if big companies like Dell puts some kind of strange preventative measure to stop that from happening.

That card is not for gaming so you won't find any kind of reviews/benchmarks for it. At the very very least you want something like an HD 7750 or an Nvidia 650 or else you're just paying for pretty much a disposable part. Yes, you could swap it later for a different one but it might void the warranty.

Edit: another trouble you might find could be a extremely low-wattage, low-quality PSU (<=300W, not 80+ certified) that will also gimp your GPU upgrade options A LOT.

A common advice in this thread is that if you want something for gaming: build it yourself, pay somebody to build it for you or buy an Alienware. Else you're just throwing money at parts with limited gaming performance and limited upgrade paths that will force you to throw almost everything away and start new recycling just the case, HDD, ODD and barely nothing else.

You should be able to swap it out. Be sure to check the length of the new card you get before buying it though. Dell cases are quite compact and just about every decent card is going to be a pretty tight fit.

hmmm the specs sheet doesnt say anything about the PSU, but I suppose if that becomes a problem its also interchangeable. The dimensions for the case are:

Height: 17.5 inches

Width: 7.3 inches

Depth: 16 inches

I went to tiger direct to see if I could see the dimensions for the 650, but they didnt have it. Would that case do?

And I appreciate the help, I know Im spending some money on things that I plan to upgrade. Its just a cheap fixer upper that I want to tackle.

Nymerio

My current pc has some old ass i5 750 and I'm planning on getting a whole new rig next year. As this is still a few month away, I'm thinking of upgrading my cpu in the interim. I'm looking for something cheap but also something that's a step up from my current i5. Is this even worthwhile or should I just wait for next year when I'm getting a new machine anyway?

kharma45

My current pc has some old ass i5 750 and I'm planning on getting a whole new rig next year. As this is still a few month away, I'm thinking of upgrading my cpu in the interim. I'm looking for something cheap but also something that's a step up from my current i5. Is this even worthwhile or should I just wait for next year when I'm getting a new machine anyway?

Don't upgrade, overclock. The i5 750 is still a good CPU.

All you'll need to do is buy a third party cooler if you don't already have one.

Thraktor

Okay, so I have basically been out of the PC building realm since like 2005ish when I built my last AMD64 X2 build, so I am a little fuzzy. I have been keeping up from time to time, but now I have to build my parents a PC. It doesn't have to be crazy expensive or powerful, just run pretty quiet and cool with a decent amount of power watch HD video, maybe some games, internet and music with some basic office applications and basic photo editing. Not looking for a full gaming PC, but also wouldn't be too mad if it could play games on it.

Here is what I have, does this look okay? I was thinking about going with an AMD A8 or A6 since they seem to be cheaper and run at a lower wattage which is fine for my parents for the reasons I said up top. Should I just pay more money and go with an i5 Ivy Bridge, or go AMD? I am not sure yet if I am going to put a discrete graphics card in yet, but for now, I was going to try going with the integrated graphics through DVI on their older 19 inch 4:3 LCD. Like I said, it is for my parents, so they are looking for a quiet, moderately powerful PC that will last them 7-10 years again. Their last one bought in 2002 is finally getting too slow for general usability (2.8 GHz P4, 1GB RAMBUS(lol) RAM, 120GB HDD, Radeon 9600 AGP).

So basically this is everything. 430W is enough for this, even if I do add like a sub-200 videocard? The integrated graphics should work right out of the box through DVI? Umm, I guess does anyone in here have a lot of experience with the integrated graphics? Either intel or AMD? I guess I heard if you were going integrated only, AMD was the way to go, but reviews are kind of not great when trying to compare integrated intel vs amd vs integrated vs discrete... I saw one, but only a limited number of tests were run.

-Corsair Carbide Series 200R Case
-WD Blue WD10EALX 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" HDD -Bare Drive
-Thermaltake TR2 W0070RUC 430W ATX12V V2.2
-Kingston HyperX Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM
-ASRock Z77 Pro4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Mobo
-Intel Core i5-3470 Ivy Bridge 3.2GHz (3.6GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics
-ASUS Black Blu-ray Burner SATA BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS
-APEVIA Model CVT45 4-Pin PC power to SATA Converter (extra)

Thanks. I plan on building a gaming PC for myself with about the same specs, maybe an unlocked K procesor, maybe an SSD HDD and definitely a discrete videocard, but otherwise pretty close. The thing that sucks is that I would rather be the guinea pig building my gaming PC first since it is my first build in like 6 or 7 years, but my dad kind of wants this put together by Christmas. How is the i5 3470 compared to say a standard non integrated graphics processor i5 3570k?

edit: They want the thing pretty silent. Not so you can't hear anything, but not so there are any whirring of fans you can hear in some gaming PCs even at idle. Is that case going to be okay?

oh, and I am very sorry if some of my facts or terminology is wrong, go easy please. I have been researching for the past week or two trying to catch up on everything while also my personal life has been super busy.

On the case front, the Fractal Define R4 is well regarded if you're looking for something quiet. If you want something a bit cheaper you might be able to find yourself a deal on the (slightly older) R3, or there are a couple other suggestions in the OP.

As far as the CPU goes, the i5 3470 is probably overkill for what your parents are looking for. An i3 should do the job fine (I believe the i3 3225 is the one with the better integrated graphics). If you do particularly need a machine that can play games on, it may be worth looking at an AMD Fusion APU instead, as the integrated graphics in them are much better. However, their CPU performance isn't as good, and your upgrade opportunities are much more limited, so there's a trade-off there.

Furthermore, if you do go with Intel, you don't really need a Z77 board, as you won't be overclocking. A cheaper board (maybe a H77) would be fine.

I'd also say that if at all possible include an SSD. They're probably the main component in terms of making a PC feel snappy and responsive, and are well worth it even if you're just using productivity applications.

kharma45

Okay, so I have basically been out of the PC building realm since like 2005ish when I built my last AMD64 X2 build, so I am a little fuzzy. I have been keeping up from time to time, but now I have to build my parents a PC. It doesn't have to be crazy expensive or powerful, just run pretty quiet and cool with a decent amount of power watch HD video, maybe some games, internet and music with some basic office applications and basic photo editing. Not looking for a full gaming PC, but also wouldn't be too mad if it could play games on it.

Here is what I have, does this look okay? I was thinking about going with an AMD A8 or A6 since they seem to be cheaper and run at a lower wattage which is fine for my parents for the reasons I said up top. Should I just pay more money and go with an i5 Ivy Bridge, or go AMD? I am not sure yet if I am going to put a discrete graphics card in yet, but for now, I was going to try going with the integrated graphics through DVI on their older 19 inch 4:3 LCD. Like I said, it is for my parents, so they are looking for a quiet, moderately powerful PC that will last them 7-10 years again. Their last one bought in 2002 is finally getting too slow for general usability (2.8 GHz P4, 1GB RAMBUS(lol) RAM, 120GB HDD, Radeon 9600 AGP).

So basically this is everything. 430W is enough for this, even if I do add like a sub-200 videocard? The integrated graphics should work right out of the box through DVI? Umm, I guess does anyone in here have a lot of experience with the integrated graphics? Either intel or AMD? I guess I heard if you were going integrated only, AMD was the way to go, but reviews are kind of not great when trying to compare integrated intel vs amd vs integrated vs discrete... I saw one, but only a limited number of tests were run.

-Corsair Carbide Series 200R Case
-WD Blue WD10EALX 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" HDD -Bare Drive
-Thermaltake TR2 W0070RUC 430W ATX12V V2.2
-Kingston HyperX Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM
-ASRock Z77 Pro4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Mobo
-Intel Core i5-3470 Ivy Bridge 3.2GHz (3.6GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics
-ASUS Black Blu-ray Burner SATA BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS
-APEVIA Model CVT45 4-Pin PC power to SATA Converter (extra)

Thanks. I plan on building a gaming PC for myself with about the same specs, maybe an unlocked K procesor, maybe an SSD HDD and definitely a discrete videocard, but otherwise pretty close. The thing that sucks is that I would rather be the guinea pig building my gaming PC first since it is my first build in like 6 or 7 years, but my dad kind of wants this put together by Christmas. How is the i5 3470 compared to say a standard non integrated graphics processor i5 3570k?

edit: They want the thing pretty silent. Not so you can't hear anything, but not so there are any whirring of fans you can hear in some gaming PCs even at idle. Is that case going to be okay?

oh, and I am very sorry if some of my facts or terminology is wrong, go easy please. I have been researching for the past week or two trying to catch up on everything while also my personal life has been super busy.

An AMD A10 5800K could well suit them down to the ground.

Nymerio

Don't upgrade, overclock. The i5 750 is still a good CPU.

All you'll need to do is buy a third party cooler if you don't already have one.

Hmm, I've never overclocked before. Google brought me to a thread on Tom's Hardware where a poster said to read up on overclocking for one or two weeks... Are there any easy to follow guides to overclock?

kharma45

Hmm, I've never overclocked before. Google brought me to a thread on Tom's Hardware where a poster said to read up on overclocking for one or two weeks... Are there any easy to follow guides to overclock?

One of these should help

http://www.legionhardware.com/articles_pages/intel_core_i5_750_overclocking_guide,1.html

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cpus/2009/09/21/overclocking-intel-s-core-i5-750/1

I've got my 750 at 3.8GHz and it runs games like a dream still.

Nymerio

Thanks for the quick answer! I'll give it a read and try it out once I get home. I think I may even have the ASUS P7P55D mentioned in the first article. Gonna check when I get home.

Guri

So, my SSD (840 PRO) didn't came with the driver adapter (the 830 has, I think). There's no problem to put in my case with the screws, but without the adapter, right?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I have a performance question :

Does performance and resolution scale linearly or exponentially? Generally speaking.

ithorien

So, my SSD (840 PRO) didn't came with the driver adapter (the 830 has, I think). There's no problem to put in my case with the screws, but without the adapter, right?

Most newer cases either have mounting holes for 2.5", or a special spot for an SSD.

Or you could go balls out like some others, and just mount it somewhere else.

kharma45

Yeah it's two weeks I suppose but it's the two weeks I'm off work and would be able to play on new PC stuff.

At the minute (at least to my knowledge) there is nothing really special happening deals wise on the PC market here in the UK, prices have sort of stayed the same of late on most stuff bar some drops for GPUs.

January might well see some drops but it'd be only a guess if I was to say yes or no, nobody knows.

Guri

Most newer cases either have mounting holes for 2.5", or a special spot for an SSD.

Or you could go balls out like some others, and just mount it somewhere else.

No, it's really stable with the screws now. What I'm saying is if I can use without any kind of metalic protection, like this one:

capturar0qone.png

If not, then I'm ok.

beje

Banned
No, it's really stable with the screws now. What I'm saying is if I can use without any kind of metalic protection, like this one:

capturar0qone.png

If not, then I'm ok.

Nah, not really. You could still tape it to a side or leave it laying in the floor of the case and it would still be alright.

Thanks guys for the input. Like I said, I have been trying to read reviews, but if you don't stay somewhat current on it, its a lot to take in, and it is hard to find a straight go-to answer/review. Now I am thinking of going with an AMD A8 and an SSD, the only thing is, that is going to put the price back up where it was at. I think they are fine though with a 700$ computer.

Gowans

At the minute (at least to my knowledge) there is nothing really special happening deals wise on the PC market here in the UK, prices have sort of stayed the same of late on most stuff bar some drops for GPUs.

January might well see some drops but it'd be only a guess if I was to say yes or no, nobody knows.
Yeah I could always be waiting I guess. Might just go for it.

Gowans

Anyone want to give this the once over for me to check I'm getting the right stuff and not better ording online before I drive over to the shop and pick it up.

This is what I'm going to pick up

Gowans said:

Gowans said:
My Desktop PC is creaking so much I'm playing my PC games on Bootcamp on my work MacBook Pro Retina 15".

It's a 5 year old PC that I upped about 3 years ago, the hard drive is pretty pitiful too and the network card is terrible!

I want to upgrade my PC so it's at least a decent jump from that MBPr but I have a tight budget of around £350. Tho that could go up slightly with major convincing.

Desktop PC Specs:
DXDiag Results

------------------
System Information
------------------
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
System Model: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4096MB RAM

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: ATI Radeon HD 5670
Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x68D8)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Display Memory: 2295 MB
Dedicated Memory: 503 MB
Shared Memory: 1791 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1200 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: HP w2448h Wide LCD Monitor
Monitor Model: HP w2448h
Monitor Id: HWP2815
Native Mode: 1920 x 1200(p) (59.950Hz)
Output Type: HDMI

Windows Performance Test 5.9

Processor AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ 6.1
Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB 6.2
Graphics ATI Radeon HD 5670 7.0
Gaming graphics 2303 MB Total available graphics memory 7.0
Primary hard disk 5GB Free (219GB Total) 5.9

CPU-Z Results:

Name AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+
Codename Windsor
Specification AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+
Package Socket AM2 (940)
CPUID F.3.3

Chipset
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Northbridge NVIDIA MCP61 rev. A2
Southbridge NVIDIA MCP61 rev. A2
Graphic Interface PCI-Express
PCI-E Link Width x16
PCI-E Max Link Width x16
Memory Type DDR2
Memory Size 4096 MBytes
Channels Dual
Memory Frequency 251.1 MHz (CPU/12)

DIMM # 1
SMBus address 0x50
Memory type DDR2
Module format Regular UDIMM
Manufacturer (ID) (0000000000000000)
Size 1024 MBytes
Max bandwidth PC2-5300 (333 MHz)

Monitoring

Mainboard Model ALiveNF6G-VSTA (0x0000044D - 0xF4668DEA)

LPCIO

LPCIO Vendor Winbond
LPCIO Model W83627EHF
LPCIO Vendor ID 0x5CA3
LPCIO Chip ID 0x88
LPCIO Revision ID 0x63

Hardware Monitors

Hardware monitor Winbond W83627EHF

API ATI I/O

Display Adapters

Display adapter 0
Name Radeon HD 5670
Codename RV830
Technology 40 nm
Memory size 512 MB

kennah

Yeah I could always be waiting I guess. Might just go for it.

If you've got two weeks off then go for it. Even if you spend a little more than you would have later, you'll have all sorts of enjoyment out of it before then.

and you'll have the time to troubleshoot if things go wrong

Gowans

If you've got two weeks off then go for it. Even if you spend a little more than you would have later, you'll have all sorts of enjoyment out of it before then.

and you'll have the time to troubleshoot if things go wrong

Yeah that's what I'm going to do, I have 2 kids so time is thin enough, the above OK yeah?

Gona be that guy who takes the PC case in the car just in case to check with the guys.

Also I have a old 750gb WD externat USB drive I don't use I might see if I can pull out and put in the case.

n64coder

Does anyone else have problems with permanent grease stains on your left mouse button? Surely I'm not the only one that partakes in snacks while computing. This has happened on all my Logitech gaming mice. I'm wondering if maybe Razer mice are more resistant to these stains.

Edit: I also get these stains on my spacebar.

I don't have this issue on my mouse buttons. Maybe because they're silver/gray in color? But I have seen this on my spacebar but looking more closely, I wonder if it's just wear mark, not grease stains. On my Sony laptop, I do have some keys that look greasy and they do wipe off. I guess my fingers sweat.

kharma45

OK reserved,

EJDmb.png

gona head over to the shop now.

I need another PSU option from them http://www.falconcomputers.co.uk/catalogue/productlisting/view/catid-100000124

and if I'm getting ripped or not going to see a big jump from my MacBook Pro Retina 15" let me know and I'll abort.

Gona set off soon, should be there in 25mins.

Why are you buying it in a shop? It's all so much cheaper online

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008HV63NM/

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005JBPS48/

None of their PSUs appeal tbh, I'd get something like this from Novatech http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/components/powersupplies/p1-550s-xxb9.html

Yasir

Hey guys. Need some advice. Looking to upgrade my GPU, currently have a hd7770 (2gb), which came with my Dell XPS 8500 (yeah, I know I know, Dell %$*&* blargh!). But was just wondering what GPU would be the best for my system (and which it could handle); I have a budget of around £150.

2nd generation Intel® Core™ i7-2600 processor 3.4 GHz
2 TB SATA II 7200rpm Hard drive
16GB Fast DDR3 1600Mhz Ram (4 x 4096mb)
8x DVD+/-RW Drive
WINDOWS 7 HOME PREMIUM 64 bit (Fully licensed with proof of authenticity labels)
AMD Radeon™ HD 7770 2GB DDR5 Graphics Card
Dell Wireless 1703 802.11b/g/n with Bluetooth v4.0+LE
Network Card 10/100/1000 Gigabit
19:1 Media Card Reader
Integrated 7.1 Surround
Bluetooth 4.0 with Wi-Fi card
Rear: (2) USB 3.0, (4) USB 2.0, Audio Jacks, RJ-45, VGA, HDMI
Front: (2) USB 3.0, MCR
Top: (2) USB 2.0 (One Powershare) Microphone, Headphones
Keyboard and Mouse Included

Not sure what other info is needed, I think the PSU is 460watts. (sorry guys, newbie at all this, not sure how else to get any other info).

Thank you.

k3yring

I have a quick question. I am trying to get audio to output through hdmi on my video card and my headset which is connected through the front audio ports at the same time.
Although I can't seem to find a fix for it any solutions?
Using Windows 7

kharma45

Hey guys. Need some advice. Looking to upgrade my GPU, currently have a hd7770 (2gb), which came with my Dell XPS 8500 (yeah, I know I know, Dell %$*&* blargh!). But was just wondering what GPU would be the best for my system (and which it could handle); I have a budget of around £150.

8x DVD+/-RW Drive
WINDOWS 7 HOME PREMIUM 64 bit (Fully licensed with proof of authenticity labels)
Integrated 7.1 Surround

Not sure what other info is needed, I think the PSU is 460watts. (sorry guys, newbie at all this, not sure how else to get any other info).

Thank you.

Does that include selling your 7770 the budget?

Gowans

I've got about £350. I need a wifi network card too.

If you look at my spec on the last page and give me some links ill buy them all online tonight.

Thanks a tonne!

Ty4on

8x DVD+/-RW Drive
Integrated 7.1 Surround

Thank you.
Was checking the price in pounds of the 7850 and found this.

Pretty sure the 7850 should give twice the performance in most games and it still just needs one six pin of power. Overclocks really well.

Gowans

No problem, give me a few mins and I'll spec up something quickly.
Brill!!! ;)

Using a 1920x1200 monitor with my MacBook Pro Retina at the mo because my desktop is creaking. Ill see a bump from that too yeah?

I have a standard mid size old case stuff should fit ok yeah?

brogan

Neo Member
Just downloading Crysis: Warhead from steam, got it for £1.99. Almost seems like stealing it's so cheap. Can't wait to see how it looks on my glorious new PC.

kharma45

Brill!!! ;)

Using a 1920x1200 monitor with my MacBook Pro Retina at the mo because my desktop is creaking. Ill see a bump from that too yeah?

I have a standard mid size old case stuff should fit ok yeah?

What case is it do you know? And yeah you'll see a definite gaming bump from the Retina MacBook Pro, their GPU (if it's the dedicated one you have) isn't anything special.

What stuff do you need? I see you'd no HDD in that build of yours.

Gowans

What case is it do you know? And yeah you'll see a definite gaming bump from the Retina MacBook Pro, their GPU (if it's the dedicated one you have) isn't anything special.

What stuff do you need? I see you'd no HDD in that build of yours.

Its the one with the GeForce 650M

The case is a standard small black case.

I have HDDs in the one i'm upgrading, I also have a 750GB WD USB HD that I don't use that I can pull out and add in too.

kharma45

Already has 2 and never use em ;)

Sweet, I've got a potential build then

Xfx Proseries 450w Power Supply Unit (core Edition) - £36.50 from Ebuyer http://www.ebuyer.com/413804-xfx-proseries-450w-power-supply-unit-core-edition-p1-450s-x2b9

Asus P8H61-MX USB3 Socket 1155 VGA DVI 8 Channel Audio mATX Motherboard - £37.79 from Ebuyer http://www.ebuyer.com/392930-asus-p...-channel-audio-matx-motherboard-p8h61-mx-usb3

Intel Pentium Dual-Core G826 - £50.13 from Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005JBPS48/

TP Link TL-WN881ND 300Mbps Wireless N PCI Express Adapter - £13.97 from Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006BSPTAQ/

Corsair CML8GX3M2A1600C9 LP Vengeance 8GB RAM - £32.68 from Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00569K7LM/

MSI HD 7850 Twin Frozr III OC with Far Cry 3 and Sleeping Dogs - £149.99 from Overclockers https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-154-MS (They charge for delivery if you don't live nearby to pick up)

Come to a total of £321.06, so you've money left over to play about with to say get a better GPU, money towards an SSD, a new case, better motherboard :)

Gowans

Sweet, I've got a potential build then

Xfx Proseries 450w Power Supply Unit (core Edition) - £36.50 from Ebuyer http://www.ebuyer.com/413804-xfx-proseries-450w-power-supply-unit-core-edition-p1-450s-x2b9

Asus P8H61-MX USB3 Socket 1155 VGA DVI 8 Channel Audio mATX Motherboard - £37.79 from Ebuyer http://www.ebuyer.com/392930-asus-p...-channel-audio-matx-motherboard-p8h61-mx-usb3

Intel Pentium Dual-Core G826 - £50.13 from Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005JBPS48/

TP Link TL-WN881ND 300Mbps Wireless N PCI Express Adapter - £13.97 from Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006BSPTAQ/

Corsair CML8GX3M2A1600C9 LP Vengeance 8GB RAM - £32.68 from Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00569K7LM/

MSI HD 7850 Twin Frozr III OC with Far Cry 3 and Sleeping Dogs - £149.99 from Overclockers https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-154-MS (They charge for delivery if you don't live nearby to pick up)

Come to a total of £321.06, so you've money left over to play about with to say get a better GPU, money towards an SSD, a new case, better motherboard :)
Awesome!!!! thanks so much dude.

Can't wait, ordering now.

So what's going to be the bump from my MBPr?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom