• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"I need a New PC!" 2013 Part 2. Haswell = #IntelnoTIM, but free online. READ THE OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

Hi Gaf! So I'm a noob at computers, planning to just buy all the parts and wing it by watching a youtube tutorial/and reading on the web, I hope I don't blow anything up considering the money I'm gonna spend on it :(

This is a list I came up with (using OP as a template, couldn't find the exact same parts/cases so I swapped a few things, might've messed something up, can someone skim through it and see if there's anything I got wrong?

Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge
MSI Z77MA-G45 Z77,DDR3,LGA 1155,USB3.0,SATA3 6Gb/s,M.ATX M/B
Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz 8GB Kit (2x4GB) KHX1600C9D3LK2/8GX
Samsung 840 Series MZ-7TD250BW 250GB 2.5" SATA 3 6Gb/s (Solid State Drive, SSD)
ANTEC VP550F Strictly Power 550W 80Plus (PS-AVP550F)
Corsair Carbide 300R Compact PC Gaming Case
Asus DRW-24D3ST/BLK/B/AS 24X DVD Writer /SATA/black
Inno3D GTX760 2GB GDDR5 (256bit) DVI*2+DP+HDMI PCI-E

I guess I might have to get an additional hdd for space, don't think 250gig is enough.

Seanspeed

Banned
Hi Gaf! So I'm a noob at computers, planning to just buy all the parts and wing it by watching a youtube tutorial/and reading on the web, I hope I don't blow anything up considering the money I'm gonna spend on it :(

This is a list I came up with (using OP as a template, couldn't find the exact same parts/cases so I swapped a few things, might've messed something up, can someone skim through it and see if there's anything I got wrong?

Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge
MSI Z77MA-G45 Z77,DDR3,LGA 1155,USB3.0,SATA3 6Gb/s,M.ATX M/B
Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz 8GB Kit (2x4GB) KHX1600C9D3LK2/8GX
Samsung 840 Series MZ-7TD250BW 250GB 2.5" SATA 3 6Gb/s (Solid State Drive, SSD)
ANTEC VP550F Strictly Power 550W 80Plus (PS-AVP550F)
Corsair Carbide 300R Compact PC Gaming Case
Asus DRW-24D3ST/BLK/B/AS 24X DVD Writer /SATA/black
Inno3D GTX760 2GB GDDR5 (256bit) DVI*2+DP+HDMI PCI-E

I guess I might have to get an additional hdd for space, don't think 250gig is enough.
Add a CPU cooler so you can take advantage of your overclocking ability.

Make sure you get low profile RAM as a result(for clearance).

An HDD is a good idea.

Otherwise, looks great I think.

Mad Max

Finally got my water cooling installed and my CPU Delidded and CLU used on the die. so my PC is just about finished (still a couple of aquabus cables to get). More details on parts used here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=74343339&highlight=#post74343339. Shitty pic here:

[]

Pic of Aquaero 5:
[]

Here is my temps before (edit: this is running on air, a Noctua DH14) running IBT (Intel Burn Test).

[]

Now after water cooling here are my results. As an everyday build I will be running this in silent mode (pumps turned down and fans at low RPM).

Idle Temps, with pumps running at the standard sweet spot for flow (1 gallon a minute).
[]

IBT Set to maximum, pumps/fan in quiet operation:
[]

IBT Set to maximum, pumps/fans at max (2 Gallon a minute Flow Rate!). As you can see here there is an improvement but not much, the radiators I am using were chosen for their superior performance at low fan speeds.:
[]

As mentioned my tests are with IBT, which stresses your CPU more than Prime95, however just for comparison here is a run with Prime95 with pumps/fans in quiet mode:
[]

I also stressed my GPU's for an hour running Unigine Valley and the highest I saw a GPU get to was 45C, previously I saw as high as 75C. These cards are not (yet) overclocked. Here is a benchmark for fun:

[]

All in all I am pretty happy with the results. There is still a fair bit of tuning to do in Aquasuite as well as adding a bunch more of temperature probes and setting up the Fill Meter. I have only scratched the surface with this Aquacomputer stuff but I am extremely impressed with it.

That turned out real nice :p. Also at what voltage are you reaching 4.5?

senahorse

That turned out real nice :p. Also at what voltage are you reaching 4.5?

Thanks, I am happy with it :). Vcore is currently at 1.25, I was at 1.244 but I was getting a blue screen every now and again which seemed to be caused by not having enough voltage.

Guri

Hey guys, one important question: I've been using slim keyboards (notebook-like keys or the Mac keyboard) for a long time now. But I have one question: is mechanical keyboards better to avoid RSIs? I need to type a lot during the day and I also use my PC for gaming. Not MMOs or strategy games, but still I need to type a lo of text, so could you answer me this?

Thanks!

tarheel91

It has hit that sale price here a few times. Friend bought it for $285. Wish I would have jumped on that as well.

Ahh, that makes sense. Strangely, it's that price in pretty much every japanese online store, and $300 even in retail locations. With Samsung announcing mass production of V-NAND, I'll probably just wait for that, though. I'd really like to spend $200 or less, but 256GB is too small.

Seanspeed

Banned
Not sure if it's already been posted, but Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970 OC for $255-ish from Amazon Warehouse.
Used, but a great deal nonetheless.

I got my last build part in! Still need the portable disc drive in order to install the operating system and whatnot but I can begin building now. Yay.

Zalman Z5 Plus case
Intel i5 3570k processor
MSI Z77A-G45 motherboard
MSI GTX 670 Power Edition OC
Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB 1600MHz RAM
XFX Pro 550w power supply
Samsung 840 120GB SSD
WD Blue WD10EZEX 1TB HDD
Cooler Master 212 Hyper EVO heatsink
Windows 7 Home 64 bit

jAvJsqZ.jpg

tmespe

So I just bought the parts for my new PC, which will be the first PC I've built in 13 years. I had problems finding out if all my parts come with the necessary cables included in the box, or if I will have to buy some on my own? I don't have any spare parts around, so I would like to be prepared so I can build this baby as soon as it arrives.

Seanspeed

Banned
So I just bought the parts for my new PC, which will be the first PC I've built in 13 years. I had problems finding out if all my parts come with the necessary cables included in the box, or if I will have to buy some on my own? I don't have any spare parts around, so I would like to be prepared so I can build this baby as soon as it arrives.
You should get most everything you need in most situations. Depends on what you got and your needs, though.

Addnan

So I just bought the parts for my new PC, which will be the first PC I've buil in 13 years. I had problems finding out if all my parts come with the necessary cables included in the box, or if I will have to buy some on my own? I don't have any spare parts around, so I would like to be prepared so I can build this baby as soon as it arrives.
All cables will come with the motherboard, case and PSU. Some motherboards only have 2 SATA cables a few have 4. if you need more they can be bought for couple of dollars.

Just been testing my GPU (XFX7970Ghz) in Furmark and noticed it flipflopping between 100% gpu usage and 63-64%. Any ideas what could be causing that?

I was getting really shit results so was worrying that I got a crappy gpu but this fluctuating between full usage and ~half could explain that hey

Currently got gpu at stock, cpu is OCed but. (3570k, 4.4Ghz)
Running Win8, Catalyst 13.8b. Got MSI Afterburner installed too but is turned off.

edit: restarting seemed to fix the fluctuating gpu usage hmm.
Still getting terrible furmark results though. :(
On 1080p default settings, no AA, I got 35fps, 2136 points. equivalent here to a 5870/5770. wtf?

970170_10151746200122908_31209676_n.jpg

Bought a new case, cooling, fans and another 2GB 7850 for Crossfire.

Shame about the PSU cables and red GPUs but I am happy with my machine, I am not comfortable with braiding cables and I thought about buying white PSU extender cables but they are silly expensive.

It'll do for now.

Core i5 2400 3.1 @ 3.6GHz
Gigabyte Z68AP-D3
16GB DDR3 1600 RAM
2GB Powercolor 7850 Crossfire @ 1200MHz Core / 1450MHz Memory
Silverstone Argon AR01 Cooler
256GB Samsung 830 SSD
250GB WD 7200RPM
500GB Samsung 7200RPM
Aerocool X-Predator X3 Case
3x 140MM Deepcool UF-140 Fans
1x 200MM NZXT Top Fan
1x 200MM Aerocool Front Fan

tmespe

All cables will come with the motherboard, case and PSU. Some motherboards only have 2 SATA cables a few have 4. if you need more they can be bought for couple of dollars.

Thanks! I have a pretty basic build with only two HDDs so I should be good then.

wafflesrock

Neo Member
Hey guys and gals,

I've been following this thread for sometime, but this is my first post so - you know - go easy on me.

I'm trying to build a pc for the first time so I don't have to play on my dual-booted macbook pro. I'm going into my last year of college so money's tight, but the combination of recent freelance gigs and the amount of work I get in the summer have freed up some cash.

I want to play the Witcher 2. I bought it in the steam sale and I love the first one.

But here's the thingy:

Your Current Specs: Macbook pro 2010 13 inch model (nothing special)
Budget: $500 usd. So... the US.
Main Use: Rate 1-5. 5 being Highest:
Light Gaming - 5
Gaming - 5
Emulation (PS2/Wii) - 1
Video Editing - 3 (my mac's done me pretty well with premiere pro, so it'd be nice, but my job allows me access so a monster rig to do stuff on, so not as important)
Streaming games in HD -1
3D/Model work (and what program) - 3 Most my design stuff I can do on my mac, but being able to run illustrator and inDesign would be nice.
General Usage (Word, Web, 1080p playback). 3. It should be able to internet. I don't think that requires too much. I will need to be able to hop on wifi!
Monitor Resolution: What resolution will you be playing your games at? Are you going to upgrade later? Are you buying a new monitor? - I have a monitor that can run up to 720p I think. But this is just a free TV I received a few years ago that I want to use via hdmi. I will upgrade later, but the box itself is the priority.
List SPECIFIC games or applications that you MUST be able to run well: Is 30FPS acceptable? 60? 120? How important is PhysX / SuperSampling / CUDA to you?
The Witcher 2 is a good baseline for a game I want to run well at 30fps. It just needs to look solid, I don't care about maxing it out, (hopefully at least on par w/ the 360 version). I also play a lot of KSP. Skyrim and Company of Heroes 2 would be nice to run as well.
Looking to reuse any parts?: List make and model (e.g. Corsair 520HX, 640GB SATA HDD, Antec 900). Nope. From scratch.
When will you build?: Do you have a deadline? In the next week or two.
Will you be overclocking?: Yes, No, Maybe (This means yes!) Maybe. So yes.

This is what I have so far, are either of these solid choices?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1nTXU

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1oM8l

Being able to upgrade down the road is also something I would like to be able to do!
Thanks!

Zezboob

Hi guys, I have a little question to those who have a Z87-G45 motherboard.

Does it keep charging USB devices when the computer is off? (using the OS, not speaking about powering off the power supply)

Currently my motherboard (a Gigabyte) keeps all my USB devices on after I shut down my PC, and I really hate it.

I can't find anything about it in the manual.

Thank you in advance.
Quoting for answers !

If anyone with a MSI Z87-G45 can answer me, thank you. =)

brentech

I look at everyone's boxed part picture and think, "that looks fun!"
Other than when something goes a little wrong, and it frustrates the fuck out of you cause you just want to get going, it's a really enjoyable process to me.
Very satisfying when it all comes together.

Went ahead and purchased the Sager NP7352 with:
15.6" Display (1080p)
Intel i7-4700MQ Processor (2.40GHz-T3.4GHz)
120GB Intel SSD
750GB Secondary HDD
Nvidia GeForce GTX 765M GPU with 2GB GDDR5 Video Memory

Rolls in at $1289. Should hopefully be able to sell my old system for around $200. This should really hold over my notebook needs for quite a while if there's no problems. I've always bought entry level basic systems up to this point.
cross post from gaming notebook thread. I couldn't stand using my old laptop since building my desktop in March. SSD and new processors just too snappy and sit on a dual core AMD with no graphics card. Don't plan to game all that much on it, but it will be a multimedia machine as I'll be watching a lot of NFL on it. Being able to game on it when I need a mobile fix is just an added advantage.

kennah

Multimedia doesn't mean what you think it means.

Usually when we ask about multimedia it is the production aspect, because pretty much anything can watch videos :)

Guh, I really hate my dad right now.

First he asks me "hey you want a new computer table?". Cool, except I pay for it. It's okay since money isn't an issue for me. What's not okay? I get home and find that he tried to move my PC to the new table, even though he's completely illiterate when it comes to computers. He unplugged and replugged stuff. He tried (really hard) to plug my sound system back to itself. I plugged everything back and... what this? My monitor doesn't display red. I instantly feared that he tried to pull out the VGA cable without unscrewing it and damaged either my GPU or monitor or both. Some troubleshooting later and I found that one of the pins on the cable is bent. Obviously he figured the screws out but tried to insert it the wrong way.

It's just a cheap cable right? I asked him if he tried forcing it in and he said no. It really pisses me off that I've told my parents many *many* times never to touch anything on my PC. My mom knows this, but my dad is so damn stubborn. I reiterated this and he got mad and said it was somehow MY fault it broke. What the shit? You tried to deny you broke it, then tell me it's my fault?

I managed to fix this by flipping the VGA cable around. I normally use a VGA->DVI adapter to plug to my GPU, so I just used that adapter on the broken end. It worked and I have no idea why. Jesus I'm thankful it was just a cable. If my card or monitor broke I'll start locking my room and take the key with me.

/diarygaf

brentech

Multimedia doesn't mean what you think it means.

Usually when we ask about multimedia it is the production aspect, because pretty much anything can watch videos :)

Well, I do photography work (with a weird blend of Lightroom and GIMP), but usually have that stuff open with almost everything else. But during the NFL season I'll probably have multiple HD streams going from Sunday Ticket.

but I get your point.

Zaph

Would appreciate some advice with intake fans on the Bitfenix Prodigy.

What would be more advisable, either the Spectre 230mm fan (115CFM) or 2x 120mm's (e.g. NF-S12A 63.27 CFM ea).

Trying to keep noise down, but I can't ignore that my home office can get very stuffy due to the weird window positions.

Also, is it worth dremeling off the front steel grill (on the left, not the plastic ) for better airflow, or is the difference negligible?

Addnan

Hey guys and gals,

I've been following this thread for sometime, but this is my first post so - you know - go easy on me.

I'm trying to build a pc for the first time so I don't have to play on my dual-booted macbook pro. I'm going into my last year of college so money's tight, but the combination of recent freelance gigs and the amount of work I get in the summer have freed up some cash.

I want to play the Witcher 2. I bought it in the steam sale and I love the first one.

But here's the thingy:

Your Current Specs: Macbook pro 2010 13 inch model (nothing special)
Budget: $500 usd. So... the US.
Main Use: Rate 1-5. 5 being Highest:
Light Gaming - 5
Gaming - 5
Emulation (PS2/Wii) - 1
Video Editing - 3 (my mac's done me pretty well with premiere pro, so it'd be nice, but my job allows me access so a monster rig to do stuff on, so not as important)
Streaming games in HD -1
3D/Model work (and what program) - 3 Most my design stuff I can do on my mac, but being able to run illustrator and inDesign would be nice.
General Usage (Word, Web, 1080p playback). 3. It should be able to internet. I don't think that requires too much. I will need to be able to hop on wifi!
Monitor Resolution: What resolution will you be playing your games at? Are you going to upgrade later? Are you buying a new monitor? - I have a monitor that can run up to 720p I think. But this is just a free TV I received a few years ago that I want to use via hdmi. I will upgrade later, but the box itself is the priority.
List SPECIFIC games or applications that you MUST be able to run well: Is 30FPS acceptable? 60? 120? How important is PhysX / SuperSampling / CUDA to you?
The Witcher 2 is a good baseline for a game I want to run well at 30fps. It just needs to look solid, I don't care about maxing it out, (hopefully at least on par w/ the 360 version). I also play a lot of KSP. Skyrim and Company of Heroes 2 would be nice to run as well.
Looking to reuse any parts?: List make and model (e.g. Corsair 520HX, 640GB SATA HDD, Antec 900). Nope. From scratch.
When will you build?: Do you have a deadline? In the next week or two.
Will you be overclocking?: Yes, No, Maybe (This means yes!) Maybe. So yes.

This is what I have so far, are either of these solid choices?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1nTXU

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1oM8l

Being able to upgrade down the road is also something I would like to be able to do!
Thanks!
Made some changes to your build.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i3-3220 3.3GHz Dual-Core Processor ($118.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI B75MA-P45 Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($69.24 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($42.41 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($53.98 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 650 Ti 2GB Video Card ($134.99 @ Microcenter)
Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($38.99 @ Microcenter)
Power Supply: Antec 450W ATX12V Power Supply ($34.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $493.59
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-07 10:37 EDT-0400)

If you need to save a little bit more to get the keyboard/mouse then you can lower the graphics card to a normal 650.

The i3 is quite a bit better than the pentium. Either build have decent upgrade potential to an i5.

Guh, I really hate my dad right now.

First he asks me "hey you want a new computer table?". Cool, except I pay for it. It's okay since money isn't an issue for me. What's not okay? I get home and find that he tried to move my PC to the new table, even though he's completely illiterate when it comes to computers. He unplugged and replugged stuff. He tried (really hard) to plug my sound system back to itself. I plugged everything back and... what this? My monitor doesn't display red. I instantly feared that he tried to pull out the VGA cable without unscrewing it and damaged either my GPU or monitor or both. Some troubleshooting later and I found that one of the pins on the cable is bent. Obviously he figured the screws out but tried to insert it the wrong way.

It's just a cheap cable right? I asked him if he tried forcing it in and he said no. It really pisses me off that I've told my parents many *many* times never to touch anything on my PC. My mom knows this, but my dad is so damn stubborn. I reiterated this and he got mad and said it was somehow MY fault it broke. What the shit? You tried to deny you broke it, then tell me it's my fault?

I managed to fix this by flipping the VGA cable around. I normally use a VGA->DVI adapter to plug to my GPU, so I just used that adapter on the broken end. It worked and I have no idea why. Jesus I'm thankful it was just a cable. If my card or monitor broke I'll start locking my room and take the key with me.

/diarygaf

If you're still a child, stop complaining. If you're an adult, stop complaining and move out.

Would appreciate some advice with intake fans on the Bitfenix Prodigy.

What would be more advisable, either the Spectre 230mm fan (115CFM) or 2x 120mm's (e.g. NF-S12A 63.27 CFM ea).

Trying to keep noise down, but I can't ignore that my home office can get very stuffy due to the weird window positions.

Also, is it worth dremeling off the front steel grill (on the left, not the plastic ) for better airflow, or is the difference negligible?

I'd go for the single 230mm fan myself. It'd get a little less airflow I expect, but it would be far quieter than 2 120mm fans spinning at much higher RPMs.

Xisiqomelir

If you're still a child, stop complaining. If you're an adult, stop complaining and move out.

Surely even children are entitled to be secure in their private property, especially if that property is costly?

I never screw in VGA (or SCSI!) thumbscrews. Nothing gets back there to dislodge anything anyway in my computer room, and things like what happened to Akela are decidedly unpleasant.

Uh, I've been working for around 3 years now, so all the stuff I have were bought using my own money. Not to mention I already pay all the bills in the household and bought them a very expensive tablet because I want to give back to my parents when I can. I do have the right to complain when I told him many times not to touch my stuff because he doesn't know anything about it. For all I know he might even electrocute himself with the UPS. All I want is for them to respect my property. If they're already senile then I'd understand, but they're not.

Yes I am moving to another country. Just not exactly at this moment. Things like that don't happen overnight, and this incident is such shallow reason to move out. Sorry, your post just struck me as very condescending.

I never screw in VGA (or SCSI!) thumbscrews. Nothing gets back there to dislodge anything anyway in my computer room
Sometimes I actually don't screw them since they kinda need effort. It just so happened that I screwed it last time.

Thorgal

Last post last time so ill post it again.

question : i am currently on drivers 320. 49 but those are causing issues with ENB's in skyrim .

so i want to go back to 314 .22 as was said on the OP.

the thing i wanted to ask is is booting into safe mode a requirement for uninstalling drivers before installing the old one ?

Addnan

question : i am currently on drivers 320. 49 but those are causing issues with ENB's in skyrim .

the thing i wanted to ask is is booting into safe mode a requirement for uninstalling drivers before installing the old one ?

No. You can just uninstall.

kennah

No, but it is a good idea.

You could have tried a few times by now :p

Addnan

What fan should I buy got my CM Hyper 212 Evo? The thing is only 6 months old and the fan is rattling. I emailed CM, but they haven't got back to me yet. I would contact Amazon, but that would involve sending the whole thing back to them.

kennah

What fan should I buy got my CM Hyper 212 Evo? The thing is only 6 months old and the fan is rattling. I emailed CM, but they haven't got back to me yet. I would contact Amazon, but that would involve sending the whole thing back to them.

I had a pair of noctuas on mine. The SP120 from Corsair are good.

Addnan

Alright. Will probably get a Noctua soon. Fans are more pricey than I first thought. Never really looked into them. Imagined £5.

kharma45

I had a site that had cheap Noctua stuff, I'll see if I can find it for you.

I'd imagine a set of AC F12's would work on the 212.

thefil

Question about monitor shopping. What's the difference between the Budget, Standard and Enhanced categories in the OP?

kennah

Question about monitor shopping. What's the difference between the Budget, Standard and Enhanced categories in the OP?

Pretty much says in the descriptions.

Budget would be the least we can recommend, standard are standard 1080p displays that run at 60Hz. the two enchanced categories are for 120/144Hz or super high res 27" ones.

thefil

Thanks kennah.

Also, I tried to read the article on IPS but it's all techical and I have no idea what the benefit to me as a viewer is. Why would I buy IPS?

kennah

Thanks kennah.

Also, I tried to read the article on IPS but it's all techical and I have no idea what the benefit to me as a viewer is. Why would I buy IPS?

Colour reproduction is a bit better. Basically you'd get it if you cared about it/need the monitor for work. You're probably fine with the basic (get 120Hz)

kakashi08

Right now I have 2x 7970 crossfire, I have some questions. Should I sell both and get a Titan?
I only play on 1 monitor at 1080p and never OC. I've NOT been having any problems with my crossfire 7970, it's just that I've been hearing that 1 GPU runs smoother than 2. Or should I sell 1 GPU and only stick with one 7970. I haven't tested using only one 7970, from the start I've been using crossfire, my build was in 2012 November. Even before the new drivers came out last week, I wasn't having problems with the crossfire, I'm just worried will I be able to run the upcoming next gen games without a problem, or should I sell both 7970's and get a Titan?
Or stick with what I've got.

Another question is, how long do you think my motherboard will last me, I mean lets say 5 years from now, the new cards that come out, will this motherboard support them? or there's no telling.
Mobo: ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77

Addnan

Noo, checked bank. No money for fans. Will live with shitty noise.

Right now I have 2x 7970 crossfire, I have some questions. Should I sell both and get a Titan?
I only play on 1 monitor at 1080p and never OC. I've NOT been having any problems with my crossfire 7970, it's just that I've been hearing that 1 GPU runs smoother than 2. Or should I sell 1 GPU and only stick with one 7970. I haven't tested using only one 7970, from the start I've been using crossfire, my build was in 2012 November. Even before the new drivers came out last week, I wasn't having problems with the crossfire, I'm just worried will I be able to run the upcoming next gen games without a problem, or should I sell both 7970's and get a Titan?
Or stick with what I've got.

Another question is, how long do you think my motherboard will last me, I mean lets say 5 years from now, the new cards that come out, will this motherboard support them? or there's no telling.
Mobo: ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77

If you are fine with the crossfire performance there's no need. Single card will remove the stuttering that is very common with multiple card setups, but if don't see that as a problem no point.

The motherboard will be fine, should accept new cards for the foreseeable future.

kris.

Banned
Thank god for this thread. Laptop ate shit last night and I really don't want to pay $300 to replace the mobo, so it's time to build my first desktop! In a matter of months, I will join the PC Master Race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom