• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"I need a New PC!" 2013 Part 2. Haswell = #IntelnoTIM, but free online. READ THE OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennah

I remember the good old days a little over a year ago when there was 2x4 8GB kits for $35 US. I should have bought 10.

Got my Samsung set for $54 taxes in. Now it's worth way more. Also have a $15 stick of 2gig ddr3 that I bought to just randomly stick in my work machine.

Garteal

Pondering on which R9 280X I should get. I'll be checking if NVIDIA announces some price drops in their super secret livestream today, and if it's anything interesting, I'll ponder over it. If not, I'll order one of these tomorrow or so.

The three nominates are:
1. Gigabyte GV-R928XOC-3GD (€272)
2. MSI R9 280X GAMING 3G (€279)
3. ASUS R9280X-DC2T-3GD5-V2 (€319)

Naturally I'd get the ASUS, but it's a bit too expensive for my liking. It runs the coolest of all three and has the biggest overclock potential from what I've read. It runs pretty cool too.
The Gigabyte seems to be pretty loud under loud (43dB-ish) and doesn't seem to be able to support its own weight. It bends (a bit) from what I've heard. Seems to run as cool as the ASUS. (give or take a few for both)
MSI's 280X is right in the middle of the two having less noise than the Gigabyte but has noticeable coil whining.

I want the best bang for the buck card and it's strongly hinting me towards the MSI.

Anyone with (first-hand) experience with these cards?
I'd like to know your opinions.

Going to be upgrading from a 6870 if anyone is interested.

AkIRA_22

Yep . just look at this beast.

phanteksphtc14pecoolep8oee.jpg

That had better be quieter than the NHD14.

HariKari

I'm looking to buy an SSD finally. I currently have a 1TB mechanical drive. I have a few questions. Is it pretty easy to manage data with a 128ssd and a 1tb secondary mech? I'll be using it mostly just for Steam. Also is the Samsung EVO the go-to? I don't really mind going to 250 if it makes my life a lot easier.

I've got the 128 840 Evo with Windows 8.1 on it. I've got effectively 75GB of space to use after the OS and the extra partition space Samsung's magician asked me for to increase speeds. So that's 3 or 4 AAA titles installed on Steam at once. If you have a bandwidth cap and switch games often, it might get annoying. If you just have a few go-to games, the 128 is plenty.

kharma45

None are in stock, but the cheapest store will be €295. The others are €320, €325 and €430.

It's a pretty top card, base clock is 1100 and it boosts to 1150. Kitguru got it up to 1300 too in their review, although Anandtech couldn't get it to OC at all, just the memory. Another site got it to 1230 so it seems just to be the usual silicon lottery.

Still, it's a sexy card and comes with a backplate too which is nice but it's not the quietest. The only bad mark against it.

DTKT

So, my Caviar Black 1TB is just starting to worry me. I had two "random" chkdsk when booting and a /f /r manual check did end up fixing a bunch of bad sectors and "orphaned" files. It seems to be functionning fine, but it seems that Harddrive either work or don't or that the transition between the two is very fast.

Should order a new HD now?

Garteal

It's a pretty top card, base clock is 1100 and it boosts to 1150. Kitguru got it up to 1300 too in their review, although Anandtech couldn't get it to OC at all, just the memory. Another site got it to 1230 so it seems just to be the usual silicon lottery.

Still, it's a sexy card and comes with a backplate too which is nice but it's not the quietest. The only bad mark against it.
Interesting. Thanks for mentioning it. Just checked out the review and it's pretty quiet. It even rivals the ASUS Matrix 280X. Pretty impressive.
Though its price is still (going to be) too much for me. Right now I suppose the Gigabyte and MSI are the only options I'm willing to consider at this point.

So, my Caviar Black 1TB is just starting to worry me. I had two "random" chkdsk when booting and a /f /r manual check did end up fixing a bunch of bad sectors and "orphaned" files. It seems to be functionning fine, but it seems that Harddrive either work or don't or that the transition between the two is very fast.

If it were me I would contact WD. They give you a test suite to try (on their website), if it fails then they'll replace it.

That's what I just went through with my 640GB Black drive, but YMMV.

bro1

Banned
went out and bought a hyper 212 evo just in case i wanna overclock (probably will) and ohmygodthisthingissofuckingbig

and the instructions are so vague
Watch the YouTube videos. It's no where near as hard as you think it is. The hardest part is cleaning your old paste and applying the new. Remember, small pea size in the middle is the best!

I just bought a new asus 144hz monitor and already have a samsung monitor at 76hz(oc). With the latest nvidia drivers, can I run two monitors at different refresh rates?

Husker86

New EVGA GTX 760 4GB is crashing on any game after a few seconds to a minute. I've tried the latest WHQL drivers and the latest beta. I have already initiated a return/exchange with Amazon but I'm afraid it's going to happen again and that it's a driver issue. I was on Windows 8 and now on 8.1.

If it does I think I'll have to go with a 7950 or 7970. I've always stuck with Nvidia because I heard their drivers are more stable than ATi's...but it's not looking like it in my case. I'm still holding out hope that it was a bad card.

New EVGA GTX 760 4GB is crashing on any game after a few seconds to a minute. I've tried the latest WHQL drivers and the latest beta. I have already initiated a return/exchange with Amazon but I'm afraid it's going to happen again and that it's a driver issue. I was on Windows 8 and now on 8.1.

If it does I think I'll have to go with a 7950 or 7970. I've always stuck with Nvidia because I heard their drivers are more stable than ATi's...but it's not looking like it in my case. I'm still holding out hope that it was a bad card.
Happen to check what the GPU temp is when gaming approximately? Probably not overheating, but hey who knows...

kennah

She be dying. Back up that data friend.

OK, PC-GAF, I need your help. My mom's birthday is coming up, and she is really not able to move around too well due to having discs fused in her back. She pretty much props herself up in the living room and hangs out in there, but the modem/router in their house is set up in a place that makes reception out in the living room really bad. I need a router that covers a good amount of distance for them to hook up so that she can get internet out where she can actually be. Thanks a lot.

I removed my SSD temporarily to copy some data from a spare internal HDD I had. Once I put my SSD back into my rig, I'm now getting an error when I try to open Microsoft Office files (I had Office installed on this drive). It tries to reinstall Office now for some reason and then, failing to do so, gives me this error:

yDlk9Us.png

Any idea how to resolve this problem? I'm worried I some how lost my license, and I'm worried attempting to reinstall will exacerbate the problem.

Actually, something I noticed; my SSD is now my (D:) drive instead of previously being my (E:). I am guessing that messed up the file paths. Any way to change this easily?

Issue resolved. It was as simple as changing the drive letter association.

By the way, what happened to the Samsung low-profile super overclockable RAM? Why is it discontinued? I bought some for my fiancee's budget PC last year and now I'm strongly considering selling it at a profit; got 2x4 GB 1600 of it for $35 and I think it's worth more than that used now adays.

It's really hard to say at this point. On one hand, the Xbox One and PS4 are new and the developers haven't optimized every last ounce out of it the way they have for the 360 and PS3, at the same time, they probably won't optimize games on the PC as well to begin this next generation of games. High and Ultra settings on a good PC of BF4 will still blow away a PS4 and Xbox One, especially if you do 1400p monitors or 120hz monitor.

This is coming from someone that has a decent PC(2600k, gtx 670) and has the PS4 and Xbox One pre-ordered. I prefer the PC, but consoles have their place with certain genres and the exclusives that won't end up showing up on the PC. But if you had me play Sophie's Choice with my consoles and PC, I'll choose to save my PC every time.

Thanks, makes sense. I think with all this in mind, the way im going to get the best mileage out this PC building business is to go very very slowly.

I want a future proof system, something that still at low settings gets 60FPS on new multiplat games 6/7 years from now. I do beleive I may have to upgrade my GPU once in 3 years time, but thats as much im prepared to spend on hardware.

Ill start buying the basic parts straight away (PSU, case, optical drive, HDD) But ill leave things like motherboards for another 4 months or so and i wont bother with RAM, GPU and Processor for another 8.

I have my PS4 ordered so I have no problems waiting a bit, hopefully in 9 months or so we should have a much clearer idea of what these consoles can and cant do and what it takes to surpass them. With them both being much smaller technological leaps, I dont see it taking siginificant amounts more in GPU tech to build something that will last the entire generation, outputting at higher settings with 1080p/60FPS.

Husker86

Happen to check what the GPU temp is when gaming approximately? Probably not overheating, but hey who knows...

Yeah, under 40C lol. It's a really strange issue...I mean, Portal crashes it. Portal.

3D Mark actually got it to 50C but then said it lost exclusive access to the display or some shit.

Thanks, makes sense. I think with all this in mind, the way im going to get the best mileage out this PC building business is to go very very slowly.

I want a future proof system, something that still at low settings gets 60FPS on new multiplat games 6/7 years from now. I do beleive I may have to upgrade my GPU once in 3 years time, but thats as much im prepared to spend on hardware.

Ill start buying the basic parts straight away (PSU, case, optical drive, HDD) But ill leave things like motherboards for another 4 months or so and i wont bother with RAM, GPU and Processor for another 8.

I have my PS4 ordered so I have no problems waiting a bit, hopefully in 9 months or so we should have a much clearer idea of what these consoles can and cant do and what it takes to surpass them. With them both being much smaller technological leaps, I dont see it taking siginificant amounts more in GPU tech to build something that will last the entire generation, outputting at higher settings with 1080p/60FPS.

The way the last few generations have been going, you might be able to hold on to your cpu for 7 years. The i7 920 still runs decently for people. Asking for future proof is like asking for safety. There's no guarantees.

I'd really wait and save up to buy all the parts at once. New things come out that might change your mind, better prices, etc. Some places only give 30 days or a little more to return items. Something like a case is ok to buy if you already have old parts to put in and test it out. The PSU I own(Corsair AX850) has a 7 or 8 year warranty, so that might be ok if you get something like that.

2-3 years max for a gpu unless you are willing to lower settings considerably. Gotta run and go watch Kenny Powers on Eastbound and Down. Hope I helped a little.

Husker86

Can you exchange it?

Yeah, Amazon is sending my new card, it will get here Wednesday. I'm just really worried it's a driver issue which means I'll have to do another exchange for an ATI.

I can survive though. I haven't really gotten into PC gaming yet so I'm not suffering by not being able to game, and I can still browse the web and such. I just get sad when new things don't work :(

The way the last few generations have been going, you might be able to hold on to your cpu for 7 years. The i7 920 still runs decently for people. Asking for future proof is like asking for safety. There's no guarantees.

I'd really wait and save up to buy all the parts at once. New things come out that might change your mind, better prices, etc. Some places only give 30 days or a little more to return items. Something like a case is ok to buy if you already have old parts to put in and test it out. The PSU I own(Corsair AX850) has a 7 or 8 year warranty, so that might be ok if you get something like that.

2-3 years max for a gpu unless you are willing to lower settings considerably. Gotta run and go watch Kenny Powers on Eastbound and Down. Hope I helped a little.

Yeah, i dont mind lowering settings. My thing is framerate so its not an issue. I also believe that should be able to get 7 years out a good CPU. Im not totally against a gpu upgrade each 3 years at all, but other parts arent really as important to change, outside of failures. I think the fact i have very little interest in gaming over 1080p will help alot.

Thanks for your help, enjoy your show.

None are in stock, but the cheapest store will be €295. The others are €320, €325 and €430.

If you can get the toxic for around the same as the others you should definitely go for it, great reviews though voltage is locked. If it weren't ~$60 more expensive than the others on newegg I would have gotten it. I got the MSI myself since the Asus was out of stock, it's a pretty good card overall and temps wise, overclocked to 1150/1700 right now.

THEF3AR

I got a question for you all.

I have a LG 27EA63 monitor. I haven't been able to find any kind of calibration settings, or general knowledge of gaming on it.

Does anyone know what is ideal for this monitor, and how it rates game wise?

Tablo

This is just to replace my 580 that I sold in my old rig. I have my GTX 780 for my new rig.

Well considering a 760 is 250~ and you keep/slightly improve performance, lower power consumption/heat, and all the good Nvidia stuff, might be a good replacement.

Seagoon

Hi everyone

I'm finding myself more and more tempted to update my PC. It's not like the current one is slow or anything, its more the fact I'm finding my 6950 getting slower with each new release and I'd like to downsize my current rig. A full ATX for my purposes is a waste. I know some people have suggested the 7970Ghz edition is effectively the same card as the 280 - but I haven't been able to find one in NZ that is much cheaper than the 280.

Here are my current details:

Current Specs: i5 2500K @ Stock / 12GB DDR3 1600 / Asus P8P67 Pro / Asus Radeon 6950 2GB / Corsair 550TX / Antec P183 / 1TB Samsung 7200 (OS) + 2TB Seagate Green (Steam)
Budget: $1300 + New Zealand
Main Use: Gaming + General Usage (Word, Web, 1080p playback).
Monitor Resolution: 1920x1200 + 1680x1050
List SPECIFIC games or applications that you MUST be able to run well: A play a bit of everything, but games like BF4 and Watch Dogs I'd like to run well. I like the idea of PhysX but it's not a dealbreaker. I do run VMs occasionally.
Looking to reuse any parts?: Aiming to reuse some memory, the PSU and the HDD drives.
When will you build?: I'm thinking in the next month or two.
Will you be overclocking?: No

I've had a bit of a precursor read up on the latest gear and here is a list of what I'm looking at - my reasoning behind the list below is I'm not looking at overclocking and the H67 seemed sensible over the Z67 given it has most of the important features minus the overclocking options.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, also I'm not sure if there is a better board out there - I have owned a number Asus boards so I picked it because it's familiar.

Prices are in NZD
ASUS H87I-PLUS Intel H87 Haswell LGA1150 Mini-ITX Motherboard $185.95
Intel Haswell Core i5 4670 3.40GHz 6MB LGA1150 $299.95
Samsung 840 EVO Series 120GB 2.5" SATA3 SSD (MZ-7TE120BW) $149.95
ASUS AMD Radeon R9280X-DC2T-3GD5 3GB GDDR5 PCI-E3.0 $499.95
Bitfenix Prodigy Mini ITX Computer Case - Black $129.95
Corsair 550TX PSU (Already have)
Seagate Green 2TB HDD (Already have)
Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1600 RAM (Already have)
Dell 24" LCD 1920x1200 (Already Have)
Dell 20" LCD 1680x1050 (Already Have)

Any advise anyone could throw my way would be much appreciated - I still need to read more about the case and determine with the GPU I'm looking at will even fit along with my PSU...

Many thanks!

cyen

Hi everyone

I'm finding myself more and more tempted to update my PC. It's not like the current one is slow or anything, its more the fact I'm finding my 6950 getting slower with each new release and I'd like to downsize my current rig. A full ATX for my purposes is a waste. I know some people have suggested the 7970Ghz edition is effectively the same card as the 280 - but I haven't been able to find one in NZ that is much cheaper than the 280.

Here are my current details:

Current Specs: i5 2500K @ Stock / 12GB DDR3 1600 / Asus P8P67 Pro / Asus Radeon 6950 2GB / Corsair 550TX / Antec P183 / 1TB Samsung 7200 (OS) + 2TB Seagate Green (Steam)
Budget: $1300 + New Zealand
Main Use: Gaming + General Usage (Word, Web, 1080p playback).
Monitor Resolution: 1920x1200 + 1680x1050
List SPECIFIC games or applications that you MUST be able to run well: A play a bit of everything, but games like BF4 and Watch Dogs I'd like to run well. I like the idea of PhysX but it's not a dealbreaker. I do run VMs occasionally.
Looking to reuse any parts?: Aiming to reuse some memory, the PSU and the HDD drives.
When will you build?: I'm thinking in the next month or two.
Will you be overclocking?: No

I've had a bit of a precursor read up on the latest gear and here is a list of what I'm looking at - my reasoning behind the list below is I'm not looking at overclocking and the H67 seemed sensible over the Z67 given it has most of the important features minus the overclocking options.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, also I'm not sure if there is a better board out there - I have owned a number Asus boards so I picked it because it's familiar.

Prices are in NZD
ASUS H87I-PLUS Intel H87 Haswell LGA1150 Mini-ITX Motherboard $185.95
Intel Haswell Core i5 4670 3.40GHz 6MB LGA1150 $299.95
Samsung 840 EVO Series 120GB 2.5" SATA3 SSD (MZ-7TE120BW) $149.95
ASUS AMD Radeon R9280X-DC2T-3GD5 3GB GDDR5 PCI-E3.0 $499.95
Bitfenix Prodigy Mini ITX Computer Case - Black $129.95
Corsair 550TX PSU (Already have)
Seagate Green 2TB HDD (Already have)
Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1600 RAM (Already have)
Dell 24" LCD 1920x1200 (Already Have)
Dell 20" LCD 1680x1050 (Already Have)

Any advise anyone could throw my way would be much appreciated - I still need to read more about the case and determine with the GPU I'm looking at will even fit along with my PSU...

Many thanks!

The upgrade from 2500k to 4670 is inegible, if you OC that CPU you could fly by 4670 with ease, because the 4670 is non overclockable.

You could put that money into a Higher End GPU like a 290x or a 780\780i and a better PSU.

Edit: Sorry, didnt read the overclock part. Even if you dont overclock i dont think is a good way to spend yout money since the performance is not that different.

Garteal

If you can get the toxic for around the same as the others you should definitely go for it, great reviews though voltage is locked. If it weren't ~$60 more expensive than the others on newegg I would have gotten it. I got the MSI myself since the Asus was out of stock, it's a pretty good card overall and temps wise, overclocked to 1150/1700 right now.
If I'm lucky it's only going to be €20 more expensive, but that's in the best case scenario. I bet they'll ramp the price up once they have it in stock. The next best is €40 more expensive.
From what I've read the voltage is actually unlocked. Both Sapphire and some review sites have stated so. I'll find the source.

Nice, how's the fan noise and the coil whining? I heard the coil whining disappears after some use (or they end up getting used to it).
Is that the max stable OC you're able to get?

Hey PC GAF. Considering to pull the trigger on a Gigabyte GTX760 4GB.

Current GPU is an Asus GTX570. CPU is an i7-2700K@4.5GHz (iirc).

Would it be worth it?

Seanspeed

Banned
Hey PC GAF. Considering to pull the trigger on a Gigabyte GTX760 4GB.

Current GPU is an Asus GTX570. CPU is an i7-2700K@4.5GHz (iirc).

Would it be worth it?
Its an upgrade, but not a huge one.

I'd wait for the 800 series or look at a 7970/280X unless you're really unhappy with your 570 at the moment. This is one of those cases where only you can say whether its worth it or not.

Its an upgrade, but not a huge one.

I'd wait for the 800 series or look at a 7970/280X unless you're really unhappy with your 570 at the moment. This is one of those cases where only you can say whether its worth it or not.

Yeah, I may wait. I am not unhappy in any way. It is just that it has started showing its age finally.

Thanks

Octacamo

Hey fellas,

i am planning on building a rig.... and cant seems to get a fix on a kind of motherboard i should get... Can you guys help me out with that?

I am thinking of getting

Intel 3.4 GHz LGA1155 Core i5 3570K with ASRock Z77 Extreme4

is the combo good?

Oh, mainly its going to be for gaming and web development work.

and i am planning to get GTX760 for gpu. will that be sufficient for next gen. games?

Azzurri

Well considering a 760 is 250~ and you keep/slightly improve performance, lower power consumption/heat, and all the good Nvidia stuff, might be a good replacement.

Yea, I think I'm gonna do that. Plus, you get 2 free games and 50 off shield next week.

LordAlu

Hey fellas,

i am planning on building a rig.... and cant seems to get a fix on a kind of motherboard i should get... Can you guys help me out with that?

I am thinking of getting

Intel 3.4 GHz LGA1155 Core i5 3570K with ASRock Z77 Extreme4

is the combo good?

Oh, mainly its going to be for gaming and web development work.

and i am planning to get GTX760 for gpu. will that be sufficient for next gen. games?
If you'd like to fill out the "Basic Desktop Questions" in the OP we can advise you on the best stuff you can get for your budget and use :)

Octacamo

If you'd like to fill out the "Basic Desktop Questions" in the OP we can advise you on the best stuff you can get for your budget and use :)

Alright, will do sir...

Your Current Specs: None (Pathetic dell laptop which overheats a lot, so looking to build a rig)

Budget : Mid range

Main Use: Rate 1-5. 5 being Highest:
Light Gaming, Gaming, Emulation (PS2/Wii) - 5
Video Editing, Streaming games in HD, 3D/Model work (and what program) - 1
General Usage (Word, Web, 1080p playback). - 5

Monitor Resolution:
What resolution will you be playing your games at?
Mostly 1080p mostly because that is what my monitor gives the most. Benq E2200HD is the one i have right now

Are you going to upgrade later? Are you buying a new monitor?
May be but not right now

List SPECIFIC games or applications that you MUST be able to run well:
Is 30FPS acceptable? 60? 120? How important is PhysX / SuperSampling / CUDA to you?
30-60 fps is what i m looking for... for next gen titles :p

When will you build?: probably in 2 weeks times

Will you be overclocking?: No, (because i havent done this before so didnt know much about this :p)

Might be going for SLI later but not right now

other than that i have seen the config posted in the op but couldnt decide on the mb
also haswell and ivy bridge which one to go for i dont know :p

rossonero

So there is no easy way getting 3D on an AMD card? Just read about how Nvidia blocked AMD users from using Nvidia 3D vision kits and that's some shady shit.

LordAlu

Alright, will do sir...

Your Current Specs: None (Pathetic dell laptop which overheats a lot, so looking to build a rig)

Budget : Mid range

Main Use: Rate 1-5. 5 being Highest:
Light Gaming, Gaming, Emulation (PS2/Wii) - 5
Video Editing, Streaming games in HD, 3D/Model work (and what program) - 1
General Usage (Word, Web, 1080p playback). - 5

Monitor Resolution:
What resolution will you be playing your games at?
Mostly 1080p mostly because that is what my monitor gives the most. Benq E2200HD is the one i have right now

Are you going to upgrade later? Are you buying a new monitor?
May be but not right now

List SPECIFIC games or applications that you MUST be able to run well:
Is 30FPS acceptable? 60? 120? How important is PhysX / SuperSampling / CUDA to you?
30-60 fps is what i m looking for... for next gen titles :p

When will you build?: probably in 2 weeks times

Will you be overclocking?: No, (because i havent done this before so didnt know much about this :p)

Might be going for SLI later but not right now

other than that i have seen the config posted in the op but couldnt decide on the mb
also haswell and ivy bridge which one to go for i dont know :p
Sweet, looks all good. Overclocking is definitely a viable thing as it is very easy - there are guides in the OP and people here can also help. I'd usually recommend not to bother with SLI/Crossfire and just go with a good single card. Haswell is the choice right now rather than Ivy Bridge as it performs slightly better for next to no extra cost.

Budget wise you say mid-range but do you have a preferred amount you'd like to spend? People have different definitions of mid-range :D Oh, and what country are you in?

Octacamo

Sweet, looks all good. Overclocking is definitely a viable thing as it is very easy - there are guides in the OP and people here can also help. I'd usually recommend not to bother with SLI/Crossfire and just go with a good single card. Haswell is the choice right now rather than Ivy Bridge as it performs slightly better for next to no extra cost.

Budget wise you say mid-range but do you have a preferred amount you'd like to spend? People have different definitions of mid-range :D Oh, and what country are you in?

budget is 700-900$ and i live in india

Plasmid

Just like a few other's i'm trying to figure out which is cheaper, to upgrade my rig or to flat out buy a new console.

My current specs are

Processor: Intel Core i3-3220 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs)
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Graphics Card: MSI Twin Frozr II 2GB
Motherboard: ASUSTEK H61M-PLUS

I'm really wanting to be able to play watch dogs, battlefield 4 etc. I know right now im at the medium / minimum for requirements.

I know i'm going to upgrade my CPU but i have no clue where to go from where i'm at currently.

Any suggestions?

Addnan

Just like a few other's i'm trying to figure out which is cheaper, to upgrade my rig or to flat out buy a new console.

My current specs are

Processor: Intel Core i3-3220 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs)
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Graphics Card: MSI Twin Frozr II 2GB
Motherboard: ASUSTEK H61M-PLUS

I'm really wanting to be able to play watch dogs, battlefield 4 etc. I know right now im at the medium / minimum for requirements.

I know i'm going to upgrade my CPU but i have no clue where to go from where i'm at currently.

Any suggestions?

You can go up to an i5 3570 or an i7 3770. That would be the best upgrade possible.

What specicifc GPU do you have?

Octacamo

How is pricing over there? Can you get something like Great build in the OP for a reasonable price? Haswell would be recommended especially since emulation seems to be important to you.

Nah price are a bit high.. if you compare it to the US. Great Build will cost u more over here.

so going by what is there in the op Biostar mb is not available here so instead of that which one should i go for?

Asrock, asus, gigabyte or MSI?? also cpu which one i was thinking of i5 but plz recommend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom