• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"I Need a New PC!" 2014 Part 2. Read OP, your 2500K will run Witcher 3. MX100s! 970!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kharma45

What type of motherboard & Power Supply would I need to run 2 GPUs?
Thinking of buying another 1GB card to add to my 3GB GPU.

Will a 600 PSU be enough?

Do the graphic cards have to be from the same brand/company?

Do I need any special modifications or apps to run that, or is it as simple as adding in ram?

Depends none GPU for the power needed.

What GPU do you have and what do you plan to buy?

Any of you fine gents want to point me in the right direction to calibrate the Asus VG248QE. It's painfully bright and the colors are washed out completely.

Tendo

Nvm - ended up with a gigabyte 970 off of newegg. The extra day wait is worth it for a better card.

This is my first major system overhaul since 2008 when I built the thing. Just pieces here and there but now I have a new case, cpu, mobo, and card coming. Life is good!

I want to buy a graphics card within a week. I have $300 in cash I can deposit but want to spend $250 max. I'll be using a 10% off coupon on Newegg. What's the best manufacturer for the 760? Are the >2GB models easily available? Here's a bulletpoint list of my predicament and explanations for my limits.

1. Current PC has an AMD 6850, i3 2100, 4GB RAM, and a 500GB hard drive. It sucks now and I don't even play games on it because a. hopeless disinterest and b. the internet blows hard in that part of the house. But I still want to upgrade to play some new games I'm dying for and get into a gaming spirit again. And those games are:
2. Alien Isolation, Lords of the Fallen, Shadow of Mordor, and GTA V. That last one will probably be the most intensive so I want the new parts to survive that one.
3. I only have $300 so I only want a graphics card for now. I'll buy a CPU (Ivy Bridge i5 or i7 from eBay) and maybe memory next year hopefully.
4. How video memory hungry are these games anyway? If Evil Within uses <2GB RAM it's overblown right? SoM look okay on medium in my book so that doesn't need to be maxed. I can max AI and play the rest on medium-high.
5. So, best Nvidia (I've had it with AMD drivers and the lack of Nvidia's features) graphics card for $300? I just can't get a 970 because of supply problems and it's about $30 more than I want.

P.S. the discount is $20 off on $200 or above purchases and I'm just going to move my PC to a better spot to strengthen internet. Still takes 24 hours to download anything above 20GB.

d00d3n

I doubt much is going to change in the Haswell-E market for a while. Look up what happened with Ivy-E and Sandy-E, that'll probably tell you.

Hmmm, thanks, so it is probably a quite safe buy in that sense.

Do you really want X99 right now or is it just a way to scratch the itch until the single GPU comes out that you really want?

I don't really need the X99 right now, but I feel like if I just wait for the GM200 card and put it in my existing system, I will reach bottlenecks too soon. I feel burned by experiencing all these SLI compatibility issues and want a system that "just works" for the next couple of years. It doesn't really matter if the processor/memory/motherboard have become slightly cheaper when gm200 has come out, I just wanted to know if buying early is a stupid decision from the perspective that it may be less future proof than waiting.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I will ask once more, anyone with an X 99 based PC care to provide their parts and the cost? I want to try to narrow this down and settle on some parts here because the main components are my biggest complaint in terms of price but obviously the memory given that it's new ddr4 is going to be a premium. I just kind of want to know what people have built because I'm leaning on an Asus Pro motherboard which is around 329 vs the deluxe which is about 400.

Everything else it's kind of spoken for but I will take some advice on memory as well. I kind of have settled on a 2600 or 2800mhz set of g.skill RAM. Again, any advice as well as maybe a cost of certain bills would be great.

Depends none GPU for the power needed.

What GPU do you have and what do you plan to buy?

I have a Radeon HD 7970 3GB, which I was told i was already weak & outdated.
I want something cheap that I might find on Back Friday & add it to my system.

What do I need to look for another Radeon, can I mix & match with a Nvidia/AMD card?

How will the PC recognize the main GPU, how does the process of installing two GPU's work?

Finally finished my build and set everything up. It's a sexy mATX build in a Fractal Mini R2 Case, incl. a MSI z97m Gaming Mainboard, MSI 970 GTX and a Thermalright 120M True Spirit fan. That stupid fan needs a lot of space but somehow everything worked out fine.

Except one thing. Maybe two:

1) My cable management is quite the mess, especially for a good case like the Fractal R2. ^-^
2) Somehow even in Silent Mode my PC seemed to be.... noisy??? I deactivated the system fans, then re-attached the CPU fan, tried several UEFI settings but nothing. Then I found the culprit: the new 1000GB WD Blue HDD. Maybe its noise is normal for the WD Blue but for me it was just too loud. Even the HDDs in my Notebooks aren't that loud, so maybe the noises aren't normal, dunno.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Is it worth overclocking my Sapphire Dual-X Radeon R9 280, which is already factory overclocked? Or should I just stick it out with its default overclock?

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Okay...
This year for Christmas my wife aksed for a gaming PC. We were thinking of just getting an Alienware Alpha, but now we're inclined to build something.
This will mostly be used for comfy couch gaming. HDMI to a plasma TV. A lot of indie titles, but she'd like to be able to play next gen stuff too. The other thing is that we don't want it to be overly loud or ugly if it's going to be in the living room. We really like this case.

I basically hijacked this build from a PC Part picker build but I did some swapping of components.
Any thoughts? I'm sure I fucked this up somehow. This will be my first build.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($214.29 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($89.78 @ OutletPC)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($87.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Intel 520 Series Cherryville 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($69.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.00)
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 280 3GB TWIN FROZR Video Card ($190.91 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Rosewill Hive 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($52.50 @ Newegg)
Total: $854.43
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-14 20:35 EST-0500

EDIT: Also, should I wait for like... Cyber Monday or something to buy it?

appaws

Banned
Okay...
This year for Christmas my wife aksed for a gaming PC. We were thinking of just getting an Alienware Alpha, but now we're inclined to build something.
This will mostly be used for comfy couch gaming. HDMI to a plasma TV. A lot of indie titles, but she'd like to be able to play next gen stuff too. The other thing is that we don't want it to be overly loud or ugly if it's going to be in the living room. We really like this case.

I basically hijacked this build from a PC Part picker build but I did some swapping of components.

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Intel 520 Series Cherryville 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($69.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Rosewill Hive 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($52.50 @ Newegg)

I think that is a good build.

If there is one thing I can say is that if you can squeeze in a few extra bucks, you could look at a bit bigger of an SSD, maybe if there is a deal on a 256 gig or something. Just to have more room for games and to not have to move as much stuff around.

Also, I recommend using low profile RAM just to avoid having any problems mounting that CM Evo....often RAM with tall heatsinks (which are worthless) can bump up against the bottom of a CPU cooler.

appaws

Banned
I have a Radeon HD 7970 3GB, which I was told i was already weak & outdated.

That is nonsense. A 7970 is roughly the same as a current R9 280X....still a very capable card.

I want to buy a graphics card within a week. I have $300 in cash I can deposit but want to spend $250 max. I'll be using a 10% off coupon on Newegg. What's the best manufacturer for the 760? Are the >2GB models easily available? Here's a bulletpoint list of my predicament and explanations for my limits.

1. Current PC has an AMD 6850, i3 2100, 4GB RAM, and a 500GB hard drive. It sucks now and I don't even play games on it because a. hopeless disinterest and b. the internet blows hard in that part of the house. But I still want to upgrade to play some new games I'm dying for and get into a gaming spirit again. And those games are:
2. Alien Isolation, Lords of the Fallen, Shadow of Mordor, and GTA V. That last one will probably be the most intensive so I want the new parts to survive that one.
3. I only have $300 so I only want a graphics card for now. I'll buy a CPU (Ivy Bridge i5 or i7 from eBay) and maybe memory next year hopefully.
4. How video memory hungry are these games anyway? If Evil Within uses <2GB RAM it's overblown right? SoM look okay on medium in my book so that doesn't need to be maxed. I can max AI and play the rest on medium-high.
5. So, best Nvidia (I've had it with AMD drivers and the lack of Nvidia's features) graphics card for $300? I just can't get a 970 because of supply problems and it's about $30 more than I want.

P.S. the discount is $20 off on $200 or above purchases and I'm just going to move my PC to a better spot to strengthen internet. Still takes 24 hours to download anything above 20GB.

Nvidia for less than $250....I guess you pretty much have to go for the 760 then. The top-tier card manufacturers are, IMO: EVGA, Asus, Gigabyte, and MSI. The 2GB models are around $200 and the 4GB models are in the $250 range.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
I think that is a good build.

If there is one thing I can say is that if you can squeeze in a few extra bucks, you could look at a bit bigger of an SSD, maybe if there is a deal on a 256 gig or something. Just to have more room for games and to not have to move as much stuff around.

Also, I recommend using low profile RAM just to avoid having any problems mounting that CM Evo....often RAM with tall heatsinks (which are worthless) can bump up against the bottom of a CPU cooler.

Thanks for the reply! I suppose I should just jack the RAM in the OP to be safe.

EDIT: Actually there isn't a specifc ram reccomended in the OP. Is there a good way to tell if something is low profile?

ricki42

Okay...

Since you want something for the living room, have you considered a smaller form factor, microATX or even mITX?

Okay...

Solid build. 3GB of VRAM is bare minimum if you want to play the newer titles coming out effectively it seems.

Use the SSD for your OS layer and most used smaller programs only. Then you will have really fast bootups and then use the HDD for everything else.

All looks good to me anyway. You might want to think about going 16GB of Ram for better future proofing but that can be added simply later on if needed

ricki42

EDIT: Actually there isn't a specifc ram reccomended in the OP. Is there a good way to tell if something is low profile?

Some have low profile in the name, generally just check that there are no huge heatsinks sticking out above the PCB.

I had, but I honestly assumed it would be more difficult/expensive. I'm probably stupid and wrong.

I don't think it's more expensive, but cable management might be trickier in a tighter space. If you check the third post, mkenyon has some examples of smaller builts to get you started.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Some have low profile in the name, generally just check that there are no huge heatsinks sticking out above the PCB.

I don't think it's more expensive, but cable management might be trickier in a tighter space. If you check the third post, mkenyon has some examples of smaller builts to get you started.

I'll play with that!

I'm assuming I should wait to buy anything until the big hliday sales happen right?

ricki42

I'll play with that!

I'm assuming I should wait to buy anything until the big hliday sales happen right?

What's your budget? A few pages back LilJoka posted this example for an mITX built:

Any reason why you want an ATX rig to do that? Consider mITX or atleast mATX, no need for a huge tower these days.

Heres an ITX example

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor (£238.74 @ Aria PC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler (£23.82 @ CCL Computers)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N-WIFI Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard (£94.99 @ Ebuyer)
Memory: Kingston Fury Black Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory (£61.04 @ CCL Computers)
Storage: Crucial MX100 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£51.68 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£35.94 @ Aria PC)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card (£267.98 @ Amazon UK)
Case: Fractal Design Node 304 Mini ITX Tower Case (£62.75 @ Aria PC)
Power Supply: SeaSonic G 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply (£80.00)
Total: £916.94
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-13 20:57 GMT+0000

That's more than what you had, but when I swap in the CPU and GPU you picked, it's close:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N-WIFI Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard ($117.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Kingston Fury Black Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($82.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Crucial MX100 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($69.93 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($53.67 @ OutletPC)
Case: Fractal Design Node 304 Mini ITX Tower Case ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic G 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($74.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $894.73
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-14 22:46 EST-0500

I have never done a mITX built myself though, so I'm just stealing what LilJoka did.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
What's your budget? A few pages back LilJoka posted this example for an mITX built:

That's more than what you had, but when I swap in the CPU and GPU you picked, it's close:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N-WIFI Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard ($117.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Kingston Fury Black Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($82.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Crucial MX100 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($69.93 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($53.67 @ OutletPC)
Case: Fractal Design Node 304 Mini ITX Tower Case ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic G 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($74.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $894.73
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-14 22:46 EST-0500

I have never done a mITX built myself though, so I'm just stealing what LilJoka did.

Innnnnnnteresting. I'll have to run this by the old lady.
3AQmK.gif
My only real worry is that I'll find out asome part doesn't fit or place nice in the tight space.

Our budget is basically $800, which, I'm pushing a bit as it is.

So I have a GTX760 2GB I bought back in July.

If you were me, would you get a 970 and sell the 760?

I don't know why but I want a 970.

Well, the 970 gives you almost double the framerate over a 760 and offers a good amount of future proofing. Those are some good reasons to want one.

To answer your question, it depends. If you're looking to game at 1080p @ 60fps and can handle lowering some settings below "ultra" then the 760 should be enough for a decent amount of time. If you want > 60fps @ 1080p, you can justify the upgrade. If you want > 1080p, you can justify the upgrade.

Honestly, with my 1440p display, I would feel bad about playing the witcher 3 without at least a 970, so I would say that you should think of what games you are looking forward to, when they release, and whether they may need that power. If all points to yes, then yes.

I would only consider it if the 760 is too slow for you, or you got a great deal on it. I tend to get 3-4 years out of my video cards, upgrading twice in one year seems wasteful to me.

Hmmm, thanks, so it is probably a quite safe buy in that sense.

I don't really need the X99 right now, but I feel like if I just wait for the GM200 card and put it in my existing system, I will reach bottlenecks too soon. I feel burned by experiencing all these SLI compatibility issues and want a system that "just works" for the next couple of years. It doesn't really matter if the processor/memory/motherboard have become slightly cheaper when gm200 has come out, I just wanted to know if buying early is a stupid decision from the perspective that it may be less future proof than waiting.
What bottleneck? Your CPU won't bottleneck anything, especially when overclocked like that.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Man, it's a bummer how many r9 280 cards are red/black.

I don't really care that much about theme or whatever, but every other part in the darn build is blue or blakc.

Kumo

I dropped my 290x into CEX this evening, should get €217 for it. Not bad considering you can pick one up new for about €300 these days. Once I have the cash I'll probably order a GTX 980. I am interested in some of the NVIDIA specific features, and it will nice to get away from AMD drivers.

Not expecting a performance upgrade or anything, but at least now I'll be able to OC my GPU.

How much of an issue are AMD drivers? I'm going to be building a PC for the first time this coming Black Friday and thought this would be good to know.

Also, you couldn't overclock before?

The Llama

How much of an issue are AMD drivers? I'm going to be building a PC for the first time this coming Black Friday and thought this would be good to know.

Also, you couldn't overclock before?
They're perfectly fine in terms of stability but nvidia has some extra features.

Nikodemos

I have a technical question regarding some BIOS settings.

I've recently unearthed my ancient Toshiba Satellite 2410 featuring a Pentium 4-M. While rummaging through its somewhat rudimentary BIOS, I've noticed that you can choose/switch the CPU's cache write policy between write-through and write-back. Which one would be better for an old gaming laptop? I'm trying to squeeze as much power out of it for classic turn-based stuff like Heroes 3, Disciples 2 etc.

d00d3n

What bottleneck? Your CPU won't bottleneck anything, especially when overclocked like that.

Well, that would be awesome. I am just thinking ahead. Obviously, the cpu doesn't bottleneck games right now (with the possible exception of Assassin's Creed Unity), but it seems like future games will be increasingly optimized for multi-threaded cpu work. I have bad memories from being stuck with a dual core cpu when console ports started to require quad core cpus, but I guess that I may be in a better position with my current cpu compared with consoles.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
halp!

My monitor has a mini-hdmi connector and I want to hook it with my PS3/4.

When doing that, however (hdmi from PS3 -> minihdmi to monitor) it doesn't give me a signal... no sound, no picture. What do I do :(?

Also, if my monitor doesn't have built-in speakers, what do I have to do in order to get sound from my PS3?

yatesl

I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask, but I have some .bat questions. Currently, I have (and use) the following, to create symbolic links easily, without having to type it out every time:

Code:
@echo off

REM Intro
echo Hello! If you haven't done so, please run this program in Admin mode, otherwise it won't work!
pause
echo This will make Windows think one folder is somewhere else - like a more advanced shortcut!
pause
echo Please remember to include the full address below (eg. C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe).
pause

REM Chosing the folders
set /p CopyTo= Which folder would you like to create? 
pause

:CopyFrom
set /p CopyFrom= Which folder would you like to copy? 
pause

:mklink
mklink /d  "%CopyTo%" "%CopyFrom%"

pause

It's a quick and dirty batch file that lets me copy and paste folder locations. However, I want to streamline it a bit. How can I change this so I can add it to the context menu, so I'd drag a file or folder with right click, and on the context menu it shows up as "Create link here" (similar to Create Shortcut here)

Edit: Never mind, I just downloaded a program to do it.

Effect

I know Intel is recommended over AMD as far as CPU's go for gaming but budget is a concern here. NewEgg currently has a discount combo deal for the AMD processor and motherboard I was looking at.

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard
AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor

Right now I'm running a GeForce GTX 560. This will be upgraded early next year.

How much of a problem could I potentially have if I use that card with the FX-8320 vs the i5 4460 or i5 4430? The MB would be different with the i5s.

If I go with the FX-8320/MB combo I'm getting the two for $215 instead of near the $300 I was willing to spend when it's not discounted or if I went with the i5s. Seems like a great deal cost wise. Just worried about performance but I'd be upgrading from an AMD Phenom II X4 925 2.8GHz Quad-Core so either I assume would be a increase. Or should I simply eat the cost? I'm not looking for top of the line but just a significant improvement.

Pehesse

Hello all!

I'm in need of advice, as I'm currently looking into replacing my graphics card.

Here are my current specs (not sure what is/isn't important so I'm listing every bit of info I can find):

Intel Core i5 3570K @3.40GHz, 3.40Ghz
Motherboard: MSI Z77A-G45
MSI Nvidia Geforce GTX560 1GO PCIE
8GB RAM
Windows 7 64bit
Power Supply: Corsair TX650W V2 CMPSU-650TXV2
Fan/Case: Cooler master hyper 612S (H-B6) - RR-H612-13FK-R1

I'd like to replace the current graphics card by something that would allow streaming to an nvidia device, such as the shield, along with some gaming. I use 1920x1200 resolutions and don't overclock/go beyond that.

I was looking into the Geforce GTX 970 or 980, but I'm not actually sure the rest of my configuration would allow for that. Which is why I turn to you!

My questions then:
-would the GTX 970 or 980 work with my current setup if nothing else changes?
-which of the two would be best?
-if none of these two, which would be best for the intended purpose (game streaming, gaming)? (addendum: do I need to replace anything else for streaming?)
-is replacing this card something I can do by myself, considering I'm very inexperienced in the matter?

Thanks in advance for any help in the matter!

axb2013

Hello all!

I'm in need of advice, as I'm currently looking into replacing my graphics card.

Here are my current specs (not sure what is/isn't important so I'm listing every bit of info I can find):

Intel Core i5 3570K @3.40GHz, 3.40Ghz
Motherboard: MSI Z77A-G45
MSI Nvidia Geforce GTX560 1GO PCIE
8GB RAM
Windows 7 64bit
Power Supply: Corsair TX650W V2 CMPSU-650TXV2
Fan/Case: Cooler master hyper 612S (H-B6) - RR-H612-13FK-R1

I'd like to replace the current graphics card by something that would allow streaming to an nvidia device, such as the shield, along with some gaming. I use 1920x1200 resolutions and don't overclock/go beyond that.

I was looking into the Geforce GTX 970 or 980, but I'm not actually sure the rest of my configuration would allow for that. Which is why I turn to you!

My questions then:
-would the GTX 970 or 980 work with my current setup if nothing else changes?
-which of the two would be best?
-if none of these two, which would be best for the intended purpose (game streaming, gaming)? (addendum: do I need to replace anything else for streaming?)
-is replacing this card something I can do by myself, considering I'm very inexperienced in the matter?

Thanks in advance for any help in the matter!

-Yes, I think a 970 would be a good fit, 980 would work too if it fits the budget. Maybe go up to 16GB RAM, I wouldn't change anything else.

-You can and should definitely do it yourself, it's easy and be done within a few minutes.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I know Intel is recommended over AMD as far as CPU's go for gaming but budget is a concern here. NewEgg currently has a discount combo deal for the AMD processor and motherboard I was looking at.

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard
AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor

Right now I'm running a GeForce GTX 560. This will be upgraded early next year.

How much of a problem could I potentially have if I use that card with the FX-8320 vs the i5 4460 or i5 4430? The MB would be different with the i5s.

If I go with the FX-8320/MB combo I'm getting the two for $215 instead of near the $300 I was willing to spend when it's not discounted or if I went with the i5s. Seems like a great deal cost wise. Just worried about performance but I'd be upgrading from an AMD Phenom II X4 925 2.8GHz Quad-Core so either I assume would be a increase. Or should I simply eat the cost? I'm not looking for top of the line but just a significant improvement.
Don't get the 8320. It will be a bottleneck for games.

A friend of mine settled for that instead of jumping to an 8350 or even a decent i5 CPU for around 30 more.

roytheone

Jay, installed the new RAM, and now everything works perfectly! No more blue screens during advanced warfare! However, when checking if everything works fine, something else made me worried: MSI afterburner gave CPU temperatures in the 90-100 degrees range. Idle it is a stable 55 degrees, but when playing a game or downloading something, it skyrockets to around 95 degrees. That isn't very healthy, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom